Part 1 / A new boy

You had been on Whitebeards crew for a good few years now. Everyone welcomed you and treated you nicely, at first you weren't sure if you would actually stay here but now it definitely seemed like the best decision.

Today wasn't much different. The crew had docked at an island and were getting supplies, getting ready for their next voyage.

You were carrying supplies onto the Moby Dick. After about 10 minutes or so you could hear what sounded like fire? And fighting?

Apparently some pirate had challenged pops to fight, like a lot of people he had a devil fruit. The flame-flame fruit to be exact.

A few of the crew members were watching the poor boy as he fought while snickering. They knew he had no chance against pops, not a lot of people did.

You walked over to see this 'fight'. The pirate was certainly determined to fight against him but his devil fruit alone wasn't gonna help him in this fight.

Afterwards the pirate had some wounds that was for sure. You rolled your eyes before walking over to him.

"There's no point in just sitting there." You said before grabbing his arm which he kicked off about, which was sort of expected by now. He just seemed to want to constantly fight someone, no matter how strong or weak the person is.

You dragged him into the Moby Dick so then you could clean and bandage his wounds that he got off of pops. "I don't need your help!" He growled while trying to pull his arm away from your grip but you help on tight, almost like a vice.

Despite all of his efforts to push you away and even threatening to use his devil fruit eventually he lets you bandage his wounds. "I still don't need it." He grumbles.

"It's better then fighting with these injuries. Especially if you wanna fight pops again. Though you certainly are confident." You say as you begin to clean the wounds on his arms.

"I'd be fine without your help! I could fight that old man with my eyes closed and win." You scoff at his words which earn you a sharp glare off of him.

"Maybe your too confident." You reply and he rolls his eyes. He doesn't take his eyes off of your hands that were helped him. He wouldn't say anything old loud but he was wondering how someone as tough looking as you could have such gentle hands.

"Oi. What's your name?" You speak up after a few moments of silence. He still doesn't understand why your helping him when he doesn't even know you at all.

"Ace. Portgas D Ace" You nod your head as you start to bandage his arm. At least you knew his name now. That was certainly a start. "Whats yours?"

"[L/N] [Y/N]" You reply while focusing more on his wounds on his arms rather then what she was actually saying.

When you finished Ace stood up. He glanced at you before leaving the room. No goodbye and not even a thank you. He was certainly a hand full. You honestly wondered how he got this way.

Over the next couple days you ended up patching him up and helping him. Even though he was cocky and arrogant he didn't try to refuse your help this time. He decided to accept it. Every time...