Life of Troubles (TLOK)

By GalaxyWorldWolfsl

A young manipulative and playful man who journeys almost everywhere. Heading to Republic City wondering what... More

♧Introduction of Characters♧
♧Love Interest and Element♧
♧Welcome to Republic City♧
♧A Leaf in the Wind♧
♧The Revelation♧
♧The Revelation: Part 2♧
♧The Voice in the Night♧
♧The Voice in the Night:Part 2♧
♧The Spirit of Competition♧
♧The Spirit of Competition: Part 2♧
♧And the Winner Is...♧
♧And the Winner Is...:Part 2♧
♧The Aftermath♧
♧The Aftermath: Part 2♧
♧When Extremes Meet♧
♧When Extremes Meet: Part 2♧
♧Out of the Past♧
♧Out of the Past: Part 2♧
♧Turning the Tides♧
♧Turning the Tides: Part 2♧
♧Skeletons in the Closet♧
♧Skeletons in the Closet: Part 2♧
♧Endgame♧
♧Endgame: Part 2♧
🆂🅴🅰🆂🅾🅽 2
♤Rebel Spirit♤
♤Rebel Spirit: Part 2♤
♤The Southern Lights♤
♤The Southern Lights: Part 2♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 1♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 2 of 1♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 2♤
♤Civil Wars: Part 2 of 2♤
♤Peacekeepers♤
♤Peacekeepers: Part 2♤
♤The Sting♤
♤The Sting: Part 2♤
PREVIEW
♤Beginnings: Part 1♤
♤Beginnings: Part 2 of 1♤
♤Beginnings: Part 2♤
♤Beginnings: Part 2 of 2♤
♤The Guide: Part 2♤
♤A New Spiritual Age♤
♤A New Spiritual Age:Part 2♤
♤Night of a Thousand Stars♤
♤Night of a Thousand Stars: Part 2♤
♤Harmonic Convergence♤

♤The Guide♤

50 0 0
By GalaxyWorldWolfsl

Book Two:
Spirits

Chapter Nine:
The Guide
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

Korra has regained her memory. Y/N gained his past life by listening to Vaatu.By connecting with the original Avatar, Korra learned that to stop Unalaq she must close the spirit portal before Harmonic Convergence, which is only weeks away! Meanwhile, Varrick has made Bolin into a mover and saved Asami's company. Mako is the only one who suspects that Varrick is up to no good, but can he prove it?
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

In the beginning it shows Jinora playing on the grass at the East Temple with a light green dragonfly bunny. She jumps and tries to grab the spirit, but it escapes from her grasp.

Jinora: Gotcha!

She jumps and tries to grab the spirit, but it escapes from her grasp.

Jinora: Furry-Foot, come back.

The spirit returns and lands on Jinora's head; four other dragonfly bunny spirits come close and make Jinora laugh at their playful banter.

Tenzin: Jinora, there you are. Come on, everyone's waiting.

But when it was shown from Tenzin's point of view it was seen that Jinora was playing by herself instead.

Tenzin: Were you playing with someone?

Jinora: Oh, just some ... imaginary friends.

Tenzin shrugged it off thinking nothing of it. That was until Jinora giggled seeing Furry-Foot clinging on the back of Tenzin's head.

Kya: Stop telling lies.

Kya answered as she sat on the edge of a seat talking to Bumi when both Tenzin and Jinora walked in with their whole family.

Bumi: It's true. I once beat an earthbender in a rock-throwing contest! I have the trophy to prove it.

Tenzin: All right, who's ready for an exciting tour of the Eastern Air Temple? We've got a lot to see today, including ancient statues, ancient gardens, and the meditation hall used by ancient airbenders.

Ikki rolled her eyes telling her excitement to see the old things in the eastern temple while a snot bubble popped from Meelo. Just then both Korra and Y/N entered the temple together.

Tenzin: Korra? Y/N?

Asked in belief to see both teens back and alive. All three children shouted in glee. Meelo jumped onto Y/N's arms, making him laugh as he patted Ikki's head in comfort.

Pema: What are you doing here?

Kya: And how did you know where to find us?

Y/N placed Meelo down as he placed his hands in his pockets watching them talk.

Korra: Tenzin's itinerary. We went over it like a hundred times before we left Republic City.

Y/N: I just saw Korra and well... here I am.

Tenzin: See? This is why schedules are important.

Korra: It's so great to see you all again.

Tenzin: It's great to see you too, but why aren't you training at the South Pole? And Y/N... you look different..

Jinora: You also feel different.

This time they all looked at Y/N who waved his hand and smiled at them all.

Y/N: I got lost... and– it's hard to explain. Korra?

Korra just nodded softly as she began to speak about the situations that were happening. However, Y/N could feel Jinora looking at him and the moment they made eye contact Jinora could feel a dark radiation off him.

Jinora: It's so... dark... but why?

At the Southern Spirit Portal, where Unalaq and his children are standing.

Desna: Father, what are we doing here?

Unalaq: You're here to straighten out the mess you caused when you failed to capture the Avatar and that boy.

Desna: I told you, it wasn't our fault.

Unalaq: You're right. It was my fault for trusting you. Harmonic Convergence is almost upon us. This is my opportunity to change the world.

Eska: We'll make it up to you, Father.

Unalaq: Good, because I'll need your help to open the northern portal.

Both Eska and Desna were surprised to hear such a thing from their father.

Desna: I thought only the Avatar could do it.

Unalaq: I believe there is another way.

Unalaq and his children enter the portal and enter the Spirit World, where they emerge.

Unalaq: This way.

Unalaq told them as they all walked up to the tree Vaatu is imprisoned as they looked at the closed northern portal.

Unalaq: There it is, the northern portal.

It shows the Spirit World, which is the same area where Wan and Raava battled with Vaatu and the past Y/N ten thousand years ago.

Back at Republic City was a filming set of "The Adventures of Nuktuk: Hero of the South." It shows a close-up of Bolin's face, screaming. The camera rotates to reveal him, dressed as Nuktuk, suspended upside-down by props resembling eagle talons.

Director: Cut! Okay, that's lunch, everyone.

Bolin: Hello? Anyone? Nuktuk is still up here, all alone.

The door slams leaving him alone but then Asami and Amane enter, making him happy.

Bolin: Asami! Amane! Hey, what are you doing here?

Asami: Varrick invited me to watch some of the filming.

Amane: Are you filming right now?

Bolin: Right now? Nope. We're uh ... we're at lunch.

Amane: Then why are you still—

Mako entered using the same door, cutting off Amane in the process.

Mako: Asami, there you are. Is Bolin around?

Bolin: Up here.

Bolin answered as he struggles to free himself

Mako: Good. I've got something to tell you three.

The moment Bolin freed himself he plunged to the ground making Amane wince at the pain.

Bolin: Ahh! Ow, aww. Oh, I got to stop doing my own stunts.

Mako: I found out who's been stealing from Future Industries: Varrick.

Bolin: What? No.

All three were confused by the sudden assumption of Mako saying that Varrick pulled his trick on himself.

Amane: He attacked his own ship?

Mako: Yes! It was a ploy. He wants Republic City to go to war, and he wants control of the businesses that stand to profit the most from it. He already had all the shipping. All he needed was Future Industries.

Amane: Mako, Varrick helped save Future Industries. He's Asami's business partner now, not an evil mastermind.

Asami: And you're stressed..

Mako: I am stressed!

Mako shouted, making Asami flinch at the sudden shout.

Bolin: See, this is why I had to move out.

Asami: You guys aren't living together anymore?

Bolin: Nope. It was time for this eagle hawk to spread his wings and fly.

Amane put Bolin's hands down. He then held Asami's waist close to him.

Amane: I'll tell you this Mako. You've had a busy week and so have we. I lost my brother, we lost Korra and this whole Varrick thing and company is taking a toll on Asami. You just.. need to relax.

Asami: I agree.

Asami answered along as she placed her hand on Amane's chest but this caught Bolin's attention, making him go into shock.

Bolin: Wait a minute. Are you two—

Amane and Asami look back at him before he gasps and points his finger toward them.

Bolin: You're dating?! When Y/N is gone missing!

Amane: Dating?What! Bolin—

Asami: That's crazy! We—

Bolin: Y/N is only missing for a week and you're going to hide this from him!

Mako was surprised but even he knew that would make a good match and having Y/N still missing is still hurting him for some reason.

Mako: Guys, listen to me. Varrick is up to no good, and I have proof. The detonators he uses in his movers are exactly like the one I found at the cultural center attack. And those explosions were exactly like the ones the captain reported when Asami's shipment was hijacked. Don't you see?

Amane looked at the detonators at the side in question while Asami spoke.

Asami: Anyone could have gotten their hands on one of those detonators.

Bolin: Yeah. Let it go, Mako.

He leaned forward to Mako but was held back from Amane as he placed a hand on his bare chest.

Bolin: Let it go.

Irritated at this he groaned. God he wished Y/N was here, he would believe him despite the uncertain circumstances.

Mako: Gah! No! I'm not going to let it go! And if Y/N was here he would believe but he isn't! God!

Mako turns around and walks off. Bolin stared after him along with Asami and Amane. Just how much has Y/N affected these people to make them wish he didn't disappear for this long.

As Mako walks down the corridor where he is stopped by two bodyguards.

Bodyguard: Varrick's been looking for you.

Back at the Eastern Air Temple, where Tenzin, Korra and Y/N are standing at a platform.

Tenzin: You're lucky. This temple is the most spiritual of all the air temples. Why, this very garden is where my father met Guru Pathik.

Korra: Wow! Spirit World, here we come.

At a field where Korra and Tenzin are meditating. Meelo is ringing a bell, while Ikki is playing a horn by airbending, producing a low droning sound.

Korra: Are you in the Spirit World?

Tenzin: I would be if Meelo could ring his bell at the appropriate intervals.

Meelo: Aww, did I do it wrong?

Saddened to hear that thinking he did it wrong.

He then got up from his spot letting out a sigh of exasperation. Y/N looked at him telling him he did it fine in his point of view making him smile and bang the bell repeatedly.

Now at the mountainside where an Air Nomad's face is carved on. Tenzin and Korra are once again meditating, now surrounded by burning incense sticks attached to talismans with the airbending symbol that Kya placed there. Y/N had his arms crossed watching both teacher and student mediate to get in the spirit world.

Tenzin opens his eyes and looks left, then right and coughs from the approaching smoke.

Tenzin: Kya, this is too much smoke. You set it up wrong. This isn't going to work.

Apologizing to her younger brother he got again and left in frustration making her question what was wrong. With Jinora, she saw the dragonfly bunnies swirling around Korra who didn't notice but the other did, making him question before following them as well.

The spirits fly off into the wilderness. The green-colored spirit looks back before flying off, as it gestures for her. Y/N saw this as Jinora called out to them, making him confused but luckily Kya asked for him.

Kya: Hey, Jinora, what are you chasing?

Jinora: Nothing.

Jinora catches up with her father, while her aunt looks on with suspicion. At the temple interior where Tenzin and Korra are meditating beneath a statue of Avatar Yangchen.

After a while, when Tenzin once again mentioned that this wasn't another spot to mediate, he admitted he couldn't enter the spirit world, shocking Korra and the others who popped their head from the entrance.

Y/N: You've been to the Spirit World? But—

Tenzin: I tried but I couldn't. It never happened. It's my greatest shortcoming as an airbender, spiritual leader, and son of Aang.

Bumi: Welcome to the "I Disappoint Dad" club.

Bumi laughs at this this letting Kya speak up next.

Kya: If you've never been to the Spirit World, how were you planning to get Korra into it?

Tenzin: I've spent years studying the techniques and theories of ancient spiritual leaders. Now that the Avatar needs me, it must be my time.

Korra: Tenzin, Harmonic Convergence is almost here. If Vaatu escapes from the Spirit World—

Tenzin: You have to trust me. I can help you.

Y/N: Tenzin with all due respect, for once,... I think someone else could help Korra get into the Spirit World. Jinora, want to tell him?

Tenzin: Jinora? She's too young and untrained to have any knowledge about spiritual matters.

Jinora: Actually, I think I do know where Korra needs to go to get into the Spirit World.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

129K 3.6K 87
WARNING- LONG CHAPTERS, BUT WORTH THE READ ↓↓↓ She was the younger sister, but she was taught to look after her older sister and keep her safe. Her w...
8.1K 387 12
_____________________________ ________________ Book 2; Only a few weeks pass from the events of Amon's revelation. Y/n choose to temporarily leave te...
133K 3K 26
Being the daughter of the current Fire Lord, and the future Fire Lord has its ups and downs. People adoring you and getting away with things that you...
39.2K 1.6K 17
𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑠 𝑎 𝑠𝑡𝑜𝑟𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒, 𝑙𝑜𝑠𝑠, 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑓 𝑏𝑒𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡 𝑏𝑒ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑑. 𝑖 𝑘𝑛𝑜𝑤 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑚 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡𝑜...