𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐃𝐎𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 ━━ at...

By moonslver

ೃ⁀➷ ┃ 𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐃𝐎𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 - zuko 彡 ❝ You are filled with hatred, how was i so blind? ❞ ❝ I promise I cha... More

𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐃𝐎𝐌 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄
𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐈𝐂 𝐆𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐘
𝐌𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐀𝐏𝐄
𝐚𝐜𝐭 𝟎𝟏 ━ 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑨𝒀 𝑶𝑭 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑾𝑨𝑻𝑬𝑹
𝟎𝟎𝟎. prologue
𝟎𝟎𝟐. rule no.1: never listen to sokka
𝟎𝟎𝟑. cute prince but awful haircut
𝟎𝟎𝟒. aang & kya's secrets are revealed
𝟎𝟎𝟓. where it all began. . .the air temples
𝟎𝟎𝟔. the kyoshi warriors are scary
𝟎𝟎𝟕. sokka finally finds. . .love?
𝟎𝟎𝟖. surprise! surprise!

𝟎𝟎𝟏. was that bald kid in the iceberg?

492 24 14
By moonslver

𝑨𝑪𝑻 𝑶𝑵𝑬 ━ 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬

𝐊𝐘𝐀 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐌𝐀𝐃, 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐊𝐀𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐀 anywhere, she had searched all throughout the village. She had even asked Sokka, who obviously told her that she was somewhere practicing waterbending or she was doing some 'girl things'. She really didn't know why she'd even asked him; she knew he'd say something stupid. 

Kya walked away from Sokka, still determined to find Katara, she decided to try a different approach. She spotted a group of the smaller kids building snowmen and playing around in the snow while some of the adults stayed nearby.

   "Hey, kids!" she called out to them with a grin, knowing at least one of them would at least know. "Have you seen Katara around?"

The kids exchanged excited glances and pointed in different directions, each one of them telling her different places that she could be at. 

   "By the otterpenguins, she's probably playing with them!" 

   "No, no, near the ice rocks!" 

   "Wait, she's probably waterbending near the fire nation ship!"

   "No, no one can go there, she's near the dining area!"

Kya chuckled thanking them. She knew where Katara was, she was near the fire nation ship, she knew that because, well, that was the only place she'd actually be at. Unless she was near the ice rocks, which then would be weird since she usually doesn't like. . . that's against the point. 

Meanwhile, Sokka scratched his head in confusion. "Why are you asking them? They're not really the most reliable source you know."

   "And you are?" replied, Kya, chuckling at the boy, as she walked away from him.

   "I- Hey!" Sokka yelled out, flinging his arms up in the air. 

She left him grumbling to himself and started walking towards the abandoned ship. Katara was known as the last and only waterbender of the Southern Water Tribe, and that was true for the most part. You see, Kya was also a waterbender, but no one knew. . . well except Gran Gran.

Kya had always been keen on waterbending, she'd always felt like it was a part of her. But when she discovered that the world believed there were no more waterbenders in the Southern Water Tribe, Gran Gran advised her to keep it a secret. 

With Wolf Cove thinking Katara was the sole waterbender there, no one would ever think of her being one. 

She felt bad though, it felt horrible seeing Katara struggle and deal with waterbending. She had been struggling to learn how to waterbend for ages now, and Kya felt bad since she could have been helping her or even better, they could have been learning together. 

But that could not happen, it would do more harm than good, and Kya knew this. 

Stuck in her train of thoughts, Kya didn't see the baby tiger seal that was sleeping covered in snow, and when she did it was too late. She tripped and almost fell face first if she hadn't caught herself.

Grumbling at the animal who just grunted, which sounded more like giggling, and went back to sleep. She continued her walk now almost at the shipwreck.

She could see the entrance on the wall of the ship, her brown skin felt cold against the chilly weather, the icy wind blew through her hair, she always had it down rather than in braids like the other girls. 

Maybe it had something to do with Northern Water Tribe style but even then, they had their own hairstyles. Kya just liked her hair down; she had some beads here and there in her two small braids on either side of her hair. 

Once she stood near the entrance, Kya saw Katara kneeled down in front of a small open ice hole. Kya smiled at the younger girl, even if Katara was only two years younger than her, she always felt the need to watch over the girl.

She slowly walked over to her and stood behind her, turning he head slightly to the right, she saw Katara trying to draw water upwards from the frigid water. She was struggling quite a lot, but she kept trying. Once she stopped, Kya thought it was a good time to make herself know. 

   "Really right now?" said Kya. Katara gasp slightly and turned around quickly only to breathe out once she saw it was Kya. 

   "I-." started Katara. 

   "Don't worry, I won't tell anyone, you know I won't."

   "I know you won't, Ky." continued Katara, smiling at her with an eyebrow raised. "I was gonna ask you how you found him."

   "Well, what can I say?" said Kya smirking at her. "I'm just that good. Come on."

Katara and Kya laughed together and walked away from the giant wreck. They walked side by side, their footprints leaving a temporary mark on the pristine canvas of snow, the two girls were always happy with each other. 

Once they reached the village, they walked through it until saw Sokka talking to some of the kids and decided to go up to them. 

   "All right, listen up." said Sokka walking back and forth, "We've been manning the wall in three-hour shifts, but it seems some of you can't be trusted to stay at your posts. So, from now on, two people at all times, meaning twice as many shifts."

All the kids groaned in annoyance and grumbled at the thought of working even more. Kya thought it was kind of sad for the kids, they couldn't even play around like some of the others, they had to grow up to become warriors. 

   "Is there a problem?" argued Sokka, raising his eyebrows, waving his arms shooing away the kids. "Didn't think so. Okay, back to your duties." 

Sokka turned around and looked at the two girls. "Come on, let's go."

   "Where are we going?" asked Katara confused at why his brother was asking them to go somewhere. 

   "The fishing boats came back empty." said Sokka. "Just proves if you want something done right, gotta do it yourself."

   "They don't appreciate your incredible leadership skills." said Katara.

   "Don't say that his ego will go up even more." Kya whispered to her.

Sokka stopped and said, "That's right. They don't realize it." until he realised what Kya had said to which she and Katara laughed at him. He said in a sarcastic tone, shaking his head at the girls who were now chuckling, "Very funny."

The two girls looked at each other giggling and started running away from Sokka, who for the most part looked done with them. He sighed. 

   "Katara! Kya!"

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋, 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐌 even, it looked beautiful. Kya always thought that the icy oceans looked magnificent. She felt a sense of awe and tranquillity wash over her as she gazed upon the vast expanse of icy water, reminding her of the power and majesty of nature. The cold air tingled on her skin as she sat on the small canoe, taking in the breathtaking scene before her. 

The icy ocean seemed to stretch on endlessly, its surface adorned with glistening frost. Despite the chill, Kya felt a warmth in her heart, a deep appreciation for the pristine beauty of the frozen world around her. She sighed and looked behind her where Katara was paddling. She took the second paddle and started helping her. 

Kya and Katara paddled in unison, their motions flowing naturally. They paddled the canoe through the calm waters of the frozen ocean. The small ice walls floated near them while they moved.  

Sokka who stood in the front with his spear in hand asked Katara, "So where were you before? Kya was searching for you."

Katara looked at her brother then back at Kya who was already staring at her with a small smile on her face. She didn't say anything which Sokka surprisingly understood quite quickly. 

   "You were waterbending again, weren't you?" he said with a hint of disappointment in his voice. 

   "Don't worry. No one could see me." said Katara shaking her head slightly as her brother turned to look at her. "Not that it matters."

Kya looked away from Katara, she felt bad for her, she was struggling with something that Kya had known how to fix for ages now. She knew that at some point in time she would find out and when she would, she would never forgive Kya. 

   "Of course it matters. If the Fire Nation finds out you're a Waterbender..." said Sokka.

Again, Kya looked away. She couldn't bring herself to say anything, it had been eight years and still she found it hard to hide her life away from her friends. But they couldn't know, it would be too dangerous for them to know. Gran Gran had told her this almost every time she would ask. 

   "No one from the Fire Nation has approached the village in years." replied Katara. "Besides, there's nothing to see."

   "Don't say that Katara. You'll become a great waterbender." said Kya looking at her. 

   "Kya, an otter penguin could bend more water than I could." said Katara, she sadly looked away from Kya. 

   "It's probably for the best." said Sokka to which Kya had slapped his leg. He grumbled, "Ow Kya! she should be helping out more around the village anyway."

   "Not everything is about preparing to fight." said Katara, she looked at her brother with determination. 

   "We're at war." replied Sokka. Kya had to agree with Sokka on this one, it was hard, but they were at war, and this meant that they had to prepare for anything to happen at any moment. 

   "Katara—." started Kya but Katara interrupted her. 

   "Waterbending is what built our culture." said Katara, she was going to start talking about waterbending. Don't get her wrong, Kya loved it, but sometimes it did get quite annoying. "Our way of life. Keeping it alive is our duty."

   "Keeping ourselves alive is our duty." said Sokka. Kya was not even listening at this point, the two were always arguing. 

   "I know that." said Katara, she looked at Kya for help, but the girl was already looking away. She was looking at the few fish that were now swimming near their boat.

   "And if Dad were here..." continued Katara. 

   "But he's not here! I am!" said Sokka, he looked back towards the front. "Besides, I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself."

   "You're calling me weird? I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself every time I see my reflection in the water!" said Katara irritated by her brother, who was in fact looking at himself in the water. He angrily looked back at the two girls. Kya chuckled at the two. 

   "Katara. Sulk later, paddle now." said Sokka urgently, as he looked back at the school of fish that were now close to them. Kya paddled quickly as well. 

Well, that was until, they started going way too quickly. It was too quick to be the paddling, the boat started rumbling loudly. "Good job." said Sokka, with an impressed face. 

   "We're not doing this." said Kya and Katara at the same time.

They were losing control of the boat; it was going through a strong current and it was taking the trio with it. The boat was now shaking violently. The once-steady boat was now swaying wildly on the turbulent currents, its wooden structure groaning and cracking under the weight. 

The three's hearts raced with panic as they tried to keep their balance. Desperately, they grasped onto anything within reach, their knuckles turning white with the intensity of their grip on the side of the boat. Despite their best efforts, the boat refused to obey, its movements were wild and uncontrollable.

The water crashed against the sides of the boat, sending icy sprays into the air as the two girls scream and yelled out. They desperately tried to paddle away from the current with each thud against ice blocks blocking their way. 

   "Sokka!" Katara yelled out as they went through an iceberg which was now breaking into pieces. Kya held onto the side of the boat; she grunted every time they would violently shake side to side. 

Without warning, they crashed into an iceberg, causing them to lurch forward and roll onto the ice. The trio grunted and slowly stood back up. Their canoe was now slowly moving away from them, which was just amazing, if you asked Kya.

   "You guys, okay?" asked Sokka as he stood up. He looked back at the boat and spoke urgently trying to find a way to get back. "Oh no. No, no, that's not good."

Kya who had stood up and walked closer to Sokka to help him was now standing with one hand on her hip and her other on her forehead. They were stuck. Great. Amazing. She loved it. 

Katara's voice brought her out of her thoughts, "What is that?"

Kya and Sokka turned around only to see a huge iceberg shaped weirdly like a huge ball, which Kya found extremely strange and so she walked closer to Katara who was staring intently at said iceberg. 

   "Huh, weird." said Sokka dismissively. "We need to get that canoe, or we're gonna end up as fish food, which would be ironic."

   "Sokka" said Kya still looking at the iceberg.

   "Maybe I could float over on some ice?"

   "Sokka" she said a little louder, as she saw Katara removing her gloves. She was going to try and waterbend. 

   "Yeah?" said Sokka.

   "Shut up. Please." said Kya. Katara was now standing still, her arms stretched out in front of her, she started motioning with her hands towards the boat. The water began move and the boat was being slowly pulled towards them, but something was wrong. 

It was moving but not enough. Kya knew this would be a bad idea but what could she do. And so, she secretly moved back a couple of steps so that none of them saw her and removed one of her gloves. She silently motioned towards the boat and begin to slowly draw it a bit closer. 

But then, she stopped because they were rumbling, the iceberg was shaking way more than it should. She quickly pulled her hand back into her glove and looked back at the round shaped ice. It was cracking, and if it continued it could explode.

Before Kya could say anything, the iceberg suddenly exploded, sending the three harshly onto the icy grounds. A blinding blue light strung from the centre illuminating the whole sky, it looked like a beacon, a beacon of hope. And standing in its centre was a kid.

A bald kid to be exact. With a strange arrow on his head, which was glowing. Not strange at all. 

The three stayed on the ground for what felt like ages until said bald kid fell forwards. The three moved out of the way and let him slide down the slope. 

   "Where did he come from?" asked Sokka as he turned to look behind. 

   "Did that bald kid . . . with an arrow on his head, just come out of the iceberg?" asked Kya in turn which caused both siblings to turn around and give her a look, which meant she had to keep her comments to herself. 

   "I don't know." said Katara. She kneeled down next to him. 

Kya turned and saw the boat was now near them, she elbowed Sokka motioning towards it. The latter gasped and hurried over. "Oh! Nice. Nice. We're not gonna die."

   "Come on. Let's go home." he continued, until he saw her trying to help the stranger up. She felt his hands. 

   "Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! What are you doing?" said Sokka putting his hand out to stop her. "We don't know what that thing is!"

   "You're not thinking of leaving him?" asked Katara, she looked over at Kya who simply turned to Sokka. 

   "Katara, a strange, glowy iceberg just exploded and left behind a mysterious little bald person. What part of that makes you think, "Great, let's bring him home"?" grumbled Sokka. He was pointing out the obvious, but he knew she wouldn't let it go. 

   "Sokka, he's just a kid." said Kya, finally speaking up. 

   "We can't just leave him out here." added Katara. 

   "I don't like this, but why listen to me?" said Sokka, giving up on trying to make them understand. He threw one of the coats they had on the boat to Katara. "I'm just responsible for the safety of the village."

   "Oh, what would we do without you," said Kya sarcastically. 

Sokka turned and glared at her. "If my day gets any worse, I'll make sure to make you guys pay for it." 

   "You can try." replied Kya who was now on the boat with Katara.

   "Shut up Kya!" said Sokka, his voice cracking mid-way. . .

━━━━━━
❪ ៸ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 ━━━━━ ! ﹆◞ ❫
━━━━━
━━━━━ . . .
❪ . . . the first chapter for kingdom come everyone!!!! ❫
❪ . . . I THINK ITS SO HARD TO MAKE FUNNY LINES BUT ILTSM SO IDC!!!! 2.9k words ❫
. . . PLEASE tell me how you guys feel about it ??
❪ . . .PLEASE don't be a ghost reader, comment and vote, I love to reply to everyone and interact with my readers, love all of you darlings <33 ❫

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.2K 1K 48
When Katara, Princess of the Southern Water Tribe, who never believed in love crosses paths with Aang, Air Nomad and Avatar from the Southern Air Tem...
17.5K 688 28
𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮 𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙙𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙖𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙚 𝙤𝙣 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙚𝙫𝙞𝙡 , ...
87.8K 2.4K 23
Kya, Sokka's twin and Katara's older sister sets off on a journey through the Earth Kingdom with Zuko and Iroh in hopes of being able to spark a chan...
281K 7K 36
Kya, Sokka's twin, and Kataras's older sister. She holds a cold glare to everyone around her, often being misunderstood. She sensitive but holds a f...