Through Life, Through Death:...

Od 221b_blogger101

When his death took you from him, it was only fair for your death brought him back to you. Through life, thro... Viac

Chapter 1 - Return
Chapter 2 - The Sweetest
Chapter 3 - The Brooklyn Bridge
Chapter 4 - New Tricks
Chapter 5 - Eggs
Chapter 6 - Cannibal Town
Chapter 7 - Rosie
Chapter 8 - Big Boss
Chapter 9 - Paimon
Chapter 10 - Secret Exhibit
Chapter 11 - The Bar
Chapter 12 - Dear friend
Chapter 13 - A little help
Chapter 14 - The Expedition
Chapter 15 - Palace on the hill
Chapter 16 - Business or boredom?
Chapter 18 - Alone
Chapter 19 - Fireflies and butterflies
Chapter 20 - A Romantic Scene
Chapter 21 - Suggestions
Chapter 22 - Glimmering Ruby
Chapter 23 - Blind Pig
Chapter 24 - Long, long time
Chapter 25 - Late night visit
Chapter 26 - Shotgun Fun
Chapter 27 - Carnage
Chapter 28 - Clean Up
Chapter 29 - Proof and Denial
Chapter 30 - Footage
Chapter 31 - Death retold
Chapter 32 - Intruders
Chapter 33 - The Blade
Epilogue

Chapter 17 - Endless Maze

3.9K 172 134
Od 221b_blogger101

A fresh nightly breeze brushes by, clouds softly moving past the ethereal moonlight. Polished marble steps led to each level of the garden, all ending at the entrance of a towering maze. Arrays of freshly bloomed flowers sparkle like heavenly lights, glinting with fresh droplets dusting each leaf.

The smell of freshly trimmed grass lingered as an undernote to the gentle floral scent, almost sharp to the nose after suffocating in a room overwhelmed with cologne and perfume. With string instruments gently pulled on within the ballroom, the sound of stuttering sprinklers felt like neat silence in comparison.

"I miss the gardens back home," you take a deep breath, "back in New Orleans, I miss it all,"

He gives you a moment to take in the view. "And why's that?" He held his arm out for you to take.

You take it and lead him towards the rest of the garden. "Simplicity. I mean, I had a routine- we had a routine, no Hell nonsense,"

"My darling, do you really think all has changed that much?" He asks genuinely. "Beyond the obvious visual change, how much has truly changed?"

You give it a proper thought, adjusting your hold on his arm before turning down the left path. "It's been decades since we last saw one another,"

Alastor stops you before you can walk any further, "And?" his hands gently move yours into a comforting hold, "Are you not the same Y/n I knew in life?"

"I am," you let him take your other hand.

"Who's favourite colour is ____? Who would always dance when ____ played? Who could never say no to a bouquet of ____?" He went on and on.

"Yes, yes, and yes," you laugh.

His heart seemed to ignite at your smile, his hands holding back from moving to your face. To keep the smile he admired on the person he adored. Your smile was enough to brighten his day and night, the glooms in the sky no longer hovering, the stress of it all disappearing. He felt more than admiration, in fact. He felt love. Undying and unwavering affections to the one who granted him the simple joy of company.

"Then you understand my point, yes?" he tilts his head.

"I suppose I do..."

"The blissful ignorance of innocence on Earth may be missing, that's for certain!" he admits with a slightly cheery tone, "but, ma chère," Alastor's expert steps bring you into a dip, "we should never frown upon substitutions," he keels his head towards the maze, letting a memory of sweet Autumn air drift by, Alastor's brown hair flowing in the breeze as his maroon scarf flutters.

"You think I'll have a chance in these shoes?"

"Then let's fix that," he clicks his fingers.

"A game?" you look from Alastor to the maze. "What type of game?"

Alastor let you approach the entrance of the maze, "now, let's not make this too easy," green magic immediately poured out from the labyrinth, the bushes rumbling and rustling wildly within the confines.

"Are you..." stepping forward once, a view into the maze provided a substantial answer. He was moving the maze.

"No peaking," he places both hands over your eyes, leaning to your ear, "We wouldn't want to ruin all the fun, would we?"

"No looking at the map," he turns you chest to chest with him. "What fun would that be, ma douce?"

"Do the prizes still stand the same, Mr Radio Demon?" You wait until he moves his hands from your eyes and to your waist.

"They certainly do," he rests his head on yours, "though it has been ages! You're always welcome to back out now~."

"You know better than to think I'd back down from a challenge," you pull away from his hold, placing his hands over his own eyes, "start counting~" you whisper into his ear.

Alastor hums a gentle tune, each second passing until he allows himself to catch up. Instantly, he set off to the right, turning each corner with the hopes of getting to you soon.

Your heart was pounding in your chest, a smile on your face as you heard rustling footsteps hurrying around you.

"Y/n! My dear, sweet Y/n, where are you?" He calls out from the other side of a bush.

You knew better than to reply. With each step, the exit seemed to grow closer. Each turn seemed right, each corner leading closer and closer to victory.

The gravel below you was a dead giveaway, each crunch only giving up your position. Stopping just as you hear Alastor call out, "Run, run, as fast as you can!"

Creating a tiny spark of magic, you hoped a more agreeable footpath would unfold. And that it did; in an instant, the gravel turned to grass, growing over each inch of path until it reached Alastor.

"Smart girl," he mumbles with a tinge of pride. "Don't think that'll help all too much, my dear!"

"But it'll help nonetheless," You think to yourself while taking a second to decide your next move. If you were correct about the following few tunes, then you would be home free; if not... well, let's not be so cynical.

"Aha!" Alastor wraps his arms around you, scaring you half to death. "Now, did you really think you'd win?" You glare up at him, giving a gentle frown. "You know how much I hate to see you frown, ma biche,"

"Maybe you should've let me win," you counter, trying to frown more.

"Maybe you should have run faster," he teases back, seeing your smile slowly form, "come now, I suppose you deserve your prize,"

"And you, yours," you add on, linking arms with him.

Just as you turn the last corner, you are met with the centre of the maze. Fuck. Where did you go wrong? Was it the 5th turn? Or was it the 8th??

You felt as though you had run twice the maze's length, only to end up halfway! Where did you-?

"Someone looks frustrated," two arms snake around you, never failing to scare you.

Your eyes roll in defeat. "You're awfully smug for a cheater,"

"Ah, yes, never your fault, is it?" He teases gently, resting his head on your shoulder again.

"Never," softly laughing, a sway soon starting. "Thank you, Alastor,"

"Whatever for?"

"For making me feel... normal again," you place one hand on his, the other resting against his face.

He leans into your touch, a swarm of butterflies fluttering in his chest as he fights the rushing blush and tight feeling in his chest. "You have nothing to thank me for," he moved you, regretfully, out of his arms.

You lift your hand above your head, inviting him to spin you. "Does this mean it's a tie?"

A grin overtakes, and with a single tug, he had his finger hooked under your chin and his other hand resting perfectly against your hip. "Since you asked oh so nicely,"

~~~

"Oh god," you lean your head back against the wall, closing your eyes in delight. "You have no clue how much I've missed this,"

"As have I," Alastor grins, watching the satisfied smile on your lips.

The refrigerator light casts a glow on you both. The palace kitchen was as quiet as could be, with distant music pouring out of the ballroom. It was a quaint and tucked-away pantry kitchen for coffee and snacks—close and confined. Away from the racket of overlords and elites, leaving you a smidgen of normality. Cookware scattered the sink as you both enjoyed one of Alastor's signature dishes.

Spiced rum pecan pie.

A buttery crunch of caramelised pecans coated the top layer as the spices hit your tongue with perfection. It was comforting, warm and relieving. This was more than nostalgia; it was safety. Alastor was your safety, your assurance, your solace.

"Looks like your glass is empty," you tilt your head, "would you like another?"

"Who am I to turn down such a generous offer," he pulls his glass back towards him.

An idea suddenly pops up into your head, "considering the grandness of this night, why not end it with something just as exciting?" You hop off the counter, walking towards a cabinet.

"And how do you suppose we do that?" He leans against the counter with his arms crossed.

"With a costly bottle of champagne," you turn back around with two champagne glasses and a golden bottle glowing gently by its own volition.

"Lucifer's?" He inquired with a grin.

"Who else's?" You extend one glass his way, matching his grin.

~~~

This chapter's descriptions also killed me, lol

Also, I couldn't find a meme, so here's a cursed photo of my bf's family cat eating a cheese puff 👹

- Anna ❤️

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

81.6K 2.4K 22
❝𝘸𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘫𝘦𝘵-𝘴𝘦𝘵 𝘉𝘰𝘯𝘯𝘪𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘊𝘭𝘺𝘥𝘦 ❞ You both went through it all, from being childhood best friends, partners in crime to b...
697K 20.3K 39
⚠️WARNING⚠️: This story was written and published before the first season was fully released! Details and revelations after the pilot episode were no...
258K 10.6K 44
(𝔜𝔞𝔫𝔡𝔢𝔯𝔢! ℌ𝔞𝔷𝔟𝔦𝔫 ℌ𝔬𝔱𝔢𝔩 𝔵 𝔉𝔞𝔩𝔩𝔢𝔫 𝔄𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔩! ℜ𝔢𝔞𝔡𝔢𝔯) ♥︎♥︎♥︎ "𝕀 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕𝕟'𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚...
41.4K 640 17
₊˚ʚ ᗢ₊˚✧ ゚. info in the description loves 💕