AN EPIPHANY ;mashle

By orterhours

❝ the world isn't so dull when you do things for yourself. ❞ ᝰ.ᐟ ︎︎ ︎︎ ︎︎ ︎︎ ︎︎mashle x f! reader IN WHICH︎︎... More

ᝰ.ᐟ ︎︎ ︎︎ ︎︎ ︎︎ ︎︎characters
one ;an order
two ;an exam
three ;a path
four ;a bloodthirst
five ;a flight
six ;an admonition
seven ;an extension
eight ;a burial
nine ;a purpose
ten ;a wager
eleven ;an oddity
twelve ;an immersion
thirteen ;a tool
fourteen ;a difference
fifteen ;a spark
sixteen ;an exposition
seventeen ;an evocation
✦ DOT.mesmerise me
eighteen ;a twist
nineteen ;a sacrilege
twenty ;a vehemence
twenty-one ;an epiphany
✦ .﹀﹀﹀﹀ .✦
ᝰ.ᐟ ︎︎ ︎︎ ︎︎ ︎︎ ︎︎characters (ii)

✦ RAYNE.bunny in the rain

2.9K 172 120
By orterhours

︎︎

march 3.rayne's birthday special !

ᝰ.ᐟ

︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
"so, does a café sound good? or street food?" you walked over to rayne's desk, one of his bunnies cradled in your arms.

"whatever is fine by you." he responded, not sparing you a glance but instead directing his full attention onto a sheet of paper.

that can't do.

you placed down the bunny on his desk, letting it hop onto his lap. his arms made way for the cute animal, giving you the opportunity to snatch his paperwork away from him with a sly little smirk.

"what are you doing?" rayne furrowed his eyebrows at you, but you only set the paperwork aside.

"i didn't ask you to hang out today for no reason, rayne." you clasped your hands behind your back.

"have you really forgotten what today is?" you asked, a small yet cheeky smile on your face.

"just because it's my birthday doesn't mean i should neglect my work." the visionary looked down, stroking the bunny's soft fur. his face lit up ever so lightly before returning to his usual look.

"return the paperwork, (y/n). i'm free tonight." he emphasised, gesturing for you to return the sheet of paper.

rayne? being stubborn? time to pull out the guilt-trip card.

"do you hate hanging out with me that much?" you forged a look of disappointment.

rayne stared at you, his face ever so slowly contorting as he found it harder to resist that saddened look of yours even though he was fully aware of what you were trying to do. what a knack of tugging at heart strings you've got.

he let out a sigh, giving in to your antics.

︎︎
︎︎
๋࣭ ⭑

︎︎
︎︎
"you planned this from the beginning, didn't you?" rayne strolled beside you.

the two of you had decided to go for street food, rather than a café, concluding that street food was more 'memorable'. and instead of using the usual green flames for transportation, you suggested going by foot. for a day so special, it was certainly an opportunity to endorse in the scenery.

you hummed, a soft smile complimenting your face as your gaze fell upon parents and their children enjoying themselves with the booths of food and goodies. their pure smiles, how they were at peace with their lives. it was touching.

"you make it sound like i did a bad thing." you lightly nudged him.

'neglecting your duties is a bad thing...' rayne stared at you, sighing seconds later.

"rayne, look." you tugged at his coat, pointing to a jeweller that wasn't getting much attention. the gems on display were quite the sight, so was it the price that drove away customers?

as the two of you approached the booth, rayne grew more intrigued by the jewellery on display. it looked mighty high-quality, like what a noble would possess. to match it's quality, the prices were also up. perhaps that was the problem. the booth should be in a high-end jewellery store, not in the middle of the streets amongst a sea of commoners.

you took notice of a pair of earrings. pitch black in color, and noticeable bunny ears in shaped. a genius idea popped up in your mind as you let out a snicker, picking out the earrings.

"what are you snickering ab─" rayne's eyes fell on the earrings you were holding. and your face clearly read that they were for him.

him, a divine visionary. him, the sword cane. testing out bunny shaped earrings. in the middle of the streets.

but they were bunny shaped. it wouldn't hurt, right?

he sighed, reaching to undo the peircings he had on currently.

"when we're back at the dorms, i hope you know that you won't be getting away with this." he stated, menacingly, and it kind of spooked you. he seriously could be threatening at times, couldn't he?

"understood.." you gulped, a nervous smile on your face.

it was just best to hope that he won't leave
you with sore legs again.

︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
from forcing you to sit through your load of unfinished paperworks for hours, that is. what else?

rayne had placed in the new piercing. and honestly, he was quite enjoying the bunny silhouette.

a glimmer in the corner of his eye caught his attention. a (colour)-silver necklace lined with what seemed like diamonds that tied together a ring, sure to cost a fortune if they were real diamonds. but he was curious. curious on how it would look on you.

he picked up the delicate necklace, admiring its reflective jewels. diamonds that shine as brightly as you did, diamonds, a rarity like you were.

"my, my, missy! quite the gem you've picked out... for your boyfriend over there, is it?" the salesperson approached you, pointing at rayne who was checking out the pricey necklace.

she wore a monocle, dressed in a fashionable magenta dress and decorated with gold and silver from head to toe.

"wh- boyfriend? we're n─"

"i heard sales for couples are still hot this season." she leaned in to whisper to you. your eyes lit up at the word 'sales'.

"how much are we talking?" you whispered back, setting down the bracelet you had in hand.

"oh, quite the range, darling. i'll give you 65% if you two act like a couple so i can persuade my son into finally getting a girlfriend." she offered one hell of a generous discount.

your eyes widened. for real?

"let me talk to my.. 'boyfriend'.. about this." you firmly nodded at her as if a military command was just given to you.

"rayne!" you called out, catching the visionary's attention.

"(y/n). what do you think of this?" he held out the necklace. and to say the least, you were captivated. the way the colours resonated with each other was simply elegant, it looked like a necklace that came right out of a disney movie.

such a treasure, you believed, would not be befitting on you. but rayne had thought otherwise. he fully believed that somehow, some way, it was made for you.

"close your eyes." rayne ordered.

"huh?"

"i want to see it on you. the necklace." he mumbled, unlinking the hook.

although slightly hesitant, you shut your eyes. rayne stepped closer to you, reaching out his arms to hook the necklace around your neck.

you could feel his calloused hands brush against your neck, the way his fingers brushed against your skin. how his touch lingered, and how his warmth radiated off him. his knuckles ghosting over your collarbone as he adjusted the necklace, the momentary silence that felt everlasting before he finally gave you the green card to open your eyes.

and when you did, you were met with rayne staring at how the necklace complemented you. there was nothing but awe and admiration in his eyes, nothing but sheer content and satisfaction seeing the most beautiful piece of jewellery on the most beautiful soul he had ever met.

you were, too, mesmerised. not by the necklace that hung off your neck, but the slight smile that was drawn on rayne's lips. so subtle, yet so precious and rare. much like a diamond.

"you should get it." rayne muttered, thumb brushing over the ring that rested just right above your cleavage.

"there's no way... it's 5,000 alone, rayne." you let out a soft chuckle laced with light disappointment. it was true that you adored the necklace, but you also adored your financial stability.

"i'm paying." he let go of the treasure, offering to cover for the insane amount.

"yeah, as if i'd let you." you scoffed attempting to remove the necklace, but your efforts were futile.

"well, you've completed your end of the deal, missy! i'll price it at 3,250!" the monocled lady hastily made her way to the two of you, hands clasped together.

"i have..? and 3,250 is still 3,250..." you deadpanned.

"then i'll let you have it for free if my son agrees to get a girlfriend." she turned serious, extremely serious while shoving a finger in front of your face.

"and if he doesn't...?" rayne, not quite sure of what was going on, piped in.

"then i will see you in court if full payment isn't made by the next day. shoo, now. enjoy your date!" she smiled, a little too cheerful for comfort, and pushed the two of you forward.

"she's... odd." rayne had a look of concern of his face, making you snicker and pause in your tracks.

"one sec. i forgot something at the store." you said before turning on your heel and teleporting back to the store.

you were back in an instant. to say the least, a deal was made and you had something extra in your possession.

rayne didn't question a thing, only looking up at the sky that had faded from a soothing azure to a dull monochrome landscape. thunder grumbled through the darkened clouds.

"it's gonna rayne." you said aloud, emphasising on rayne's name to get your pathetic joke through.

"let's get under shelter." rayne took your hand, speed walking to the nearest shelter nearby, but he knew of none.

small droplets started to fall from the sky, dripping onto your cheek, followed by one after another while the two of you scurried for shelter.

the downpour only got heavier while the search for shelter became more futile. you abruptly stopped, causing rayne to tug at you unintentionally.

"what are you doing? you're going to get sick." rayne brought you closer to him, trying to keep you warm.

you only let out a small chortle, coming to a silly realisation. why run from the rain when you can make the most out of it?

you slipped your hand away from his and hopped onto a random nearby cart before jumping onto the puddle in front of rayne to cause a big splash.

"i wonder if rayne has ever played in the rain?" you teased.

"so that's how you wanna play?" rayne lowered his head, his bangs shadowing over his eyes.

he took a few steps back before summoning a partisan to drop onto the puddle. with the heavy weight, the splash was much bigger than you anticipated.

you hopped back onto the cart, successfully dodging rayne's attempt at getting back at you. but it only fueled him to get his revenge even more.

"hopping around like a pesky bunny in the rain, aren't you?" rayne reached out an arm to you again, coming closer than ever, yet you managed to make another hop backwards onto a pillar.

"i thought you liked bunnies!" you laughed, both at his futile attempts and your own joke.

but your response only resulted in your loss as he managed to catch you off guard, speeding up and appearing right behind you.

you bumped into him as he wrapped in arms around you, keeping you in place. he was warm to the touch, your lungs burnt from all the running and cold air of the rain.

your breathing slowed, and so did his. time felt like it was caught in a stasis, like the two of you could stay there forever. but you both knew better than anyone else that it was only a momentary feeling.

even so, rayne found himself wanting to hold you close. wanting to shelter you from the rain, wanting to keep you from the cold.

"i do..." rayne let out, his voice breathy as he caught his breath.

"i don't want the bunny in the rain to get sick." he whispered.

something about the way he spoke, what he said, made your heart pulse quicker. you were almost bashful about what he said, lowering your head.

as you moved to reach into your pocket, rayne unwrapped his arms around you. you pulled out a bracelet, one of black and entwined with gold linings. you found that it matched him, and hurriedly went back to buy it.

you took his hand, touch delicate and light as you slid the accessory onto his wrist.

"happy birthday, rayne." you looked up at him from his wrist, giving him a grin.

one that was soft, and gentle, like a bunny.

a bunny in the rain.

his bunny in the rain.

︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
ᶻ 𝗓 𐰁

proofread.

︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
︎︎
ᝰ.ᐟ ︎︎ ︎︎ ︎︎ ︎︎ ︎︎AUTHOR'S NOTE
;ok ignore the corny
last line but ITS RAYNE'S
BIRTHDAY !! o(^_^)o i
wrote this on a whim
lmao

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 658 9
(A/N: The book's sadly orphaned/abandoned 😔🙏) Welp, you get sucked into Mashle: Magic and Muscle's story, and you have to do work too???? Boring 😒...
11.6K 548 16
{ Mashle x Male Reader } ❝𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: further into the story will imply experimenting on a child, abuse, torture and further topics that may be s...
6.8K 373 16
| 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 a philosophic student found a delight in ruining her self-proclaimed friend's life, the Desert Cane. "Love and hate are two sides...
170K 7.6K 19
𝐌𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐋𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐈𝐂 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐌𝐔𝐒𝐂𝐋𝐄𝐒 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌! 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑. ❝ 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐏 𝐉𝐔𝐃𝐆𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐒𝐄𝐃...