Welcome To Demon School! Ryūk...

By Hayami_Minato

The second semester of the year has arrived, now filled of greater challenges and trials of strengths and bra... More

Chapter I [The Misfit Class's New Term]
Chapter II [Master Bachiko]
Chapter III [Iruma's True Feelings]
Chapter IV [The Signal That The Harvest Festival Has Begun]
Chapter V [Cunning Demons]
Chapter VI [Devilishly Pure]
Chapter VII Part I [Clara's Toy Box]
Chapter VII Part II [A Night Filled With Screams]
Chapter VIII Part I [Can We Make 100 Friends?]
Chapter VIII Part II [Dominion of Regalia]
Chapter VIII Part III [The Students I'm Proud Of]
Chapter IX [The Dorodoro Brothers' Provocation]
Chapter X [The Iruma I Know]
Chapter XI [Toto The Genie]
Chapter XII [Wish Upon Your Bow & Breath]
Chapter XIII [My Very Own Magic]
Chapter XIV [Lead's Distress]
Chapter XV [The True Worth of The Lightning Breather & Archer]
Chapter XVI [The End Of The Harvest Festival]
Chapter XVII [Legendary Leaf]
Chapter XIX [The Instructors' Banquet]
Gateway I [Σπασμένο προς έναν άλλο τρόπο]
Chapter XX Part I [Bad Company]
Chapter XX Part II [Heartfelt Cooking Class]

Chapter XVIII [Welcome Back]

80 6 1
By Hayami_Minato

Episode Release Date: 11th February 2023

  In where the Legend Leaf left off, it rose into the to bestow everyone with a blossom never-before-seen by demonkind, in celebration of this year's Young Kings. With a momentary flash of blinding radiance, the entire wilderness was replaced by a forest of Japan's iconic cherry blossoms. The sight astounded everyone present, both in and out of the premises of Babyls. Petals even fell into the abyss which led to Tote's domain underground. The warm and fluffy appeal of the mass of flowering trees were undoubtingly something, and totally a kind seen before, if anyone recalls the mishap from the first Diabotany class.

  That was the second where Sullivan ran at full speeds to congratulate Ryūko and Iruma. He certainly was moved while watching their whole show, and so was Opera. "So this is the Legend Leaf." Uttered the Chairdemon, "Perhaps the one who created the Harvest Festival wanted everyone to see these flowers. What an amazing situation! My beloved students who have finished fighting and have welcomed these beautiful flowers... Alright, you three. Line up, line up." And with the snap of his fingers, Sullivan drapped his grandkids and their friend extravagent red fur cloaks along with horned crowns. This was the time where the award ceremony will commence and announce the competition's rankings.

  Night fell into the Netherworld and all were seated in suit and cheering of this wonderous event. Without delay, Sullivan called the winners, Ryūko, Iruma and Lead to come forward. And so they did before hiding horns and fangs behind their hands, an olden way to show respect to whom you greet. During this Harvest Festival, the three have displayed an unbreakable spirit and unbelieveable determination, bringing a grand total of 189,000 points as a team. Furthermore, being able to make the Legend Leaf bloom for the first time ever was an incredible feat. In consideration of all those factors, Sullivan raised their ranks up to Daleth (4)- the needed grade for all students to graduate from Babyls after six years of studying, which makes this a near difficult stunt a sight to behold! Kalego took the microphone before he called for silence. Clearing his throat, he went on saying, "Now, to the students who got fourth and fifth place... Levina Kaminari and Siegfried Yanna! You will now progress to Daleth!" Yanna walked up to Kalego and took her badge with a grin. She thanked her professor but was slowly interrupted by a spark of light from the corner of her vision. Kaminari's eyes were sparkling and her tail was wagging, looking incredibly nervous. The crowd stood still. Kaminari extended a shaky hand and took the badge. The bright white light engulfed her and the people watching looked on in awe. "I believe this is a moment of great honour." Said a returned Lavande with a proud smile as she stood by. Kalego seemed to have read her mind as he handed over the microphone to his voluntary assistant. "Thank you, Sir Naberius. First-years of Babyls, you may have been uncertain of the race of demon Levina Kaminari is, but she is one of the very kinds most have never seen before." She continued, "Tonight, this stage of her kin dawns beneath moonlit nights amidst all events. And with her promotion comes a grand change. Let us all bear witness to the standing Levina's evolution!" With that, Kaminari's ears grew longer with a part on the sides grew a swirl. Her tail grew thinner and longer, ending with a scythe-like lightning bolt. As the light dissipated, they could see that her outer ears became jet black, as was the thin part of her tail. There were yellow stripes on her jagged forelocks. Her eyes became an orange-yellow color and became sharper, increasing her resemblance to Ryūko further- barring the ears, tail, hair color and eyes. The knight made a few claps at steady tempo, which made the audience follow up as they all cheered for the new Kaminari. "This is the dawn of a new strength in our Levina Kaminari, she has evolved into what should be a Raichu." Said Lavande, "May this grand event be blessed with many eternal prosperities! Glory to His Majesty, Demon King Derkila!" With that incredible evolution done, she did not delay any further and passed the microphone back to Kalego, who shortly called sixth placing solo competitor, Coco, and promoted him to Gimmel (3). But for everyone's reading convenience, let's check out the rest of the placings for the winning individuals in a way that's easier to look at than seperate placings of the same number of points. And we're not forgetting the list of those who showcased fantastic work and total number of points obtained!

Harvest Festival Winners (Ensembles & Soloists)

First Place: Suzuki Ryūko, Suzuki Iruma & Shax Lead
- Awarded ranking from Gimmel to Daleth.

Second Place: Levina Kaminari & Siegfried Yanna
- Awarded ranking from Gimmel to Daleth.

Third Place: Orobas Coco
- Awared ranking from Bet (2) to Gimmel.

Fourth Place: Sabnock Sabro & Felín Lavande
- Awarded ranking from Bet to Gimmel for Sabro and from Daleth to He (5) for Lavande.

Fifth Place: Androalphus Ichiro & Androalphus Nīro
- Awarded ranking from Aleph (1) to Gimmel.

Honourable Mentions

[Agares Picero & Garp Goemon]
- Established a powerful stronghold and saved a number of students, resulting in the least amount of student forfeits than previous years.

- Awarded ranking from Bet to Gimmel.

[Crocell Keroli & Caim Camui]
- Utilising charisma and control to command of magical beasts and established a kingdom for the first time ever.

- Awarded ranking from Bet to Gimmel.

[X Elizabatta]
- Fought alongside Keroli and Camui.
- Showed her true potential.

- Awarded ranking from Aleph to Bet.

  With that concluded the awards ceremony and the crowd applauded in ths highest volumes. But this evening wasn't most satisfying for all. Once everyone made their way to the short steps, she stopped to the side of the stage, not willing to get down. Her vision was blurring out, her head spinning, face turning pale and senses weakened, evidenced by her sudden change of where her feet stepped on to. She attempted to fight this notion, assuring others she would be fine, but reality decided it was time to put herself down from it. With short breaths and racing pulses, everyone noticed how something wasn't right. Sullivan and Opera rushed in to assist, but the moment they reached out to their mistress, her entire field of vision went black and Ryūko lost her consciousness, falling into the safety of her grandfather and familiar. Iruma also rushed over to see his sister's condition, and it didn't look so good. Everyone in the room was utterly devastated to see their beloved Prinzessin fall out of extreme exhaustion. Lavande stepped in to help ensure nobody was in Sullivan's way of taking Ryūko to the infirmary, acting as a bodyguard to this small adoptive and found family.

  When the crowd eventually calms down, the Misfits met up with their tutors, celebrating the victory almost everyone achieved. Given Jazz was eliminated and Schneider didn't bring back a lot of points, Furfur ended up humiliating them out of amusement for himself. In the meantime, Iruma and Lead wondered where did their respective tutors, Robin and Bachiko, seem to be at because they couldn't find either one. And speaking of which, Iruma got tackled from Bachiko's jump onto his shoulders, not really looking the happiest since she thought her pupil was a jerk for eating up all his harvest points during the first day and not taking her advice to think. Even with all that, she still smiled at her dumb little student for doing a fantastic job at winning the Harvest Festival. Off to get his crown back from Lead, this marked the end of the competition.

  With the four days of the Harvest Festival over, all first-year students gathered in the great hall for a grand time to relax and mingle in an afterparty. This is where everyone has the opportunity to commend each other on their performances during the festival. Sabro introduced Shichiro to the Dorodoro Brothers and that was where they realised he wasn't the same master that educated them when the latter duo was under Furfur's wings. Coco was bothered by the feeling he was working with someone during the Harvest Festival, of which Kalego asked avout, but Coco's memory seemes quite fuzzy, barely rememvering any detail about Ocho. The person he spoke to countered that while watching the broadcast, it looked as though Coco was off by himself. Ameri left the event to her subordinates to secure while thinking abiut a way to congratulate Iruma for winning the competition, as well as for Ryūko.

  It was great for a hunting season and all, but this wouldn't a party without great entertainment, now would it? Now that's where you forgot this fascinating charm that always makes its way! Kaminari made a leap onto the stage with Lavande and Yanna, followed a never-before-seen wolf demon. "Hey, are you the three friends of Ryūko performing?" She asked. "Indeed we are." Nodded Lavande, "Her Highness in unfortunately unwell, so we are left with one less performance member. I'm Felìn Lavande, heir to the Royal Guard. Speak thy name, Lady Wolf." "I'm her third-year friend, Canisverine Helio." Introduced the wolf demoness, "She told me to come over to take her place if she can't perform. And honestly, it's a pleasure to meet some incredibly fascinating first-years like you!" "Well, Helio-senpai, it's a pleasure." Greeted Yanna. "C'mon now, girl! Let's knock these walls down with some music!" Ushered Kaminari as she prepped up her black electric guitar. Lavande had her keyboards ready to roll while Helio took to the drums set, alongside Yanna taking her bass guitar to the stage. With microphones ready for the four, it was time for the best night ever!

  "Good evening to all present!" Greeted Lavande, "It is an honour to have fought against and alongside each other through the past days of survival. Tonight, we offer a spectacle of music performances in celebrating the end of this year's Harvest Festival, and one that will go down in history for its epic conclusion where the Legend Leaf was harvested after centuries have passed without any success." "However, it has also come with a sad notice that our beloved Prinzessin der Babyls, Ryūko, will not be performing with us tonight after reaching extreme exhaustion." Continued Helio, "So on her behalf, I step onto this stage with these three incredible talents. Get ready to hear what it means to fight together in our sound." They each introduced themselves and their stage role for the night, welcomed by the audience with a massive applause. Yanna took her microphone into a short distance before uttering her words to introduce her song of the night, "With each task comes a big sacrifice. None can match a heavy bloodshed one that is Red Like Roses."

Red Like Roses Part II (Intense Symphonic Metal Cover) by Falkonne, feat. Rena

"I couldn't take it, couldn't stand another minute
Couldn't bear another day without you in it
All of the joy that I had known for all my life
Was stripped away from me the minute that you died
To have you in my life was all I ever wanted
But now without you, I'm a soul forever haunted
Can't help but feel that I had taken you for granted
No way in hell that I can ever comprehend this

I wasn't dreaming when they told me you were gone
I was wide awake and feeling that they had to be wrong
How could you leave me when you swore that you would stay?
Now I'm stuck inside a nightmare every single effing day
It's like a movie but there's not a happy ending
Every scene fades black and there's no pretending
This little fairy tale doesn't seem to end well
There's no knight in shining armor who will wake me from the spell

I know you didn't plan this
You tried to do what's right
But in the middle of this madness
I'm the one (I'm the one) you left to win this fight

Red like roses
Fills my head with dreams and finds me
Always closer to the emptiness and sadness
That has come to take the place of you
I know you're broken down by anger and by sadness

You feel I left you in a world that's full of madness
Wish I could talk to you, if only for a minute
Make you understand the reasons why I did it
I wanna tell you that you're all that ever mattered
Want you to know that for eternity I'm shattered
I tried so hard just to protect you but I failed to
And in a prison of abandonment I've jailed you

I never planned that I would leave you there alone
I was sure that I would see you when I made it back home
And all the times I swore that it would be okay
Now I'm nothing but a liar and you're thrown into the fray
This bedtime story ends with misery ever after
The pages are torn and there's no final chapter
I didn't have a choice, I did what I had to do
I made a sacrifice but forced a bigger sacrifice on you

I know you've lived a nightmare
I caused us so much pain
But baby, please don't do what I did
I don't want (I don't want) you to waste your life in vain

Red like roses
Fills my head with dreams and finds me
Always closer to the emptiness and sadness
That has come to take the place of you

You're not the only one who needed me
I thought you understood
You were the one I needed
And you left me as I always feared you would
Would I change it if I could?
It doesn't matter how
The petals scatter now
Every nightmare just discloses
It's your blood that's red like roses
And no matter what I do
Nothing ever takes the place of you

Red like roses
Fills my head with dreams and finds me
Always closer to the emptiness and sadness
That has come to take the place of you"

  Yanna, the once shy and reserved Gorgon, found her courage and brought to the stage a stunning voice the picked up its undermined value that sung like the sound of nature's melody. The crowd roars, impressed by her revelation, to which she bows in thanks. Up next was Kaminari, starting with an epic guitar riff to garner some excitement from the people. "Well done, may we say now." She began, "But don't get that clouding your vision there. There's still a lot in this world to keep an eye on, not often demons could see a Hoky Roller thrashing their way down to destroy, right?"

Holy Roller by Spiritbox

"Holy Roller sits in the garden we fled
Blood into wine, take my body instead
Holy Roller sits in the garden we fled
Blood into wine, take my body instead
Holy Roller

Stand
To the left of me
In paradise
Holy Ghosts will
Born of blood

In seraphim
To grip the Nazarene
Crown of God
You wear it thin
To come and rapture me

Holy Roller sits in the garden we fled
Blood into wine, take my body instead
Holy Roller sits in the garden we fled
Blood into wine, take my body instead

Stand
To the left of me
In paradise
Holy Ghosts will
Fade
Into oblivion
Like a blade
Falling slowly
Curse the holy down

And when I die, you won't pray for me
That's when I learn to
Cut my ties
And when I die, you won't pray for me
That's when I learn to
Cut my ties

Stand
To the left of me
In paradise
Holy Ghosts will
Fade
Into oblivion
Like a blade
Falling slowly (down)"

  The distorted false chords were truly unanticipated from a Raichu like Kaminari. Horrifying, controlled and spectacular was her performance for a dark take on heavenly testimonies, as well as her ability to set the stage alight in a dimmed hall. Silence was everyone until what sounded like the loudest cheer from an audience ever, all were astounded by Kaminari's incredible power in her falsetto. Now comes the elegant prodigy in music and heir to her armoured castle, Lavande. A quick solo from treble and bass keys brought the hype waiting for more, just prior to her lines. "What is a hunt without being the hunted?" She said poetically, "Where does the fabled tale reach its last word? To what should any owe the stand of a villain? May we rise to write the end of it all. If in battle, one shall die. May that become I, then down to death With Me shall we fall. Thus, the end of a tale begins now."

With Me by All Ends

"You know every world will have its end (have its end)
And I'm here to prove it all to you
I am who you don't think I am (think I am)
All wrapped up in my evil plan

I can taste the day (taste the day)
Savor night (savor night)
Spells beyond you
As I watch you crawl
Do you dare to fight (dare to fight)
Evil's might (evil's might)
I'll be the last one standing
In a flash of light

My eyes (my eyes) are filled with curiosity
You think (you think) that you have power over me
In this life (this life), there's no room for you and me
So, turn away or face this day with me (face the day with me)
With me (face the day with me)

You know, every world will have its test (have its test)
Don't blame for what I have become
You know every world will come to end (come to end)
And I'll create your final rest

I can taste the day (taste the day)
Savor night (savor night)
Scream your dreams
As you dare to fight, dare to fight

My eyes (my eyes) are filled with curiosity
You think (you think) that you have power over me
In this life (this life), there's no room for you and me
So, turn away or face this day with me (face the day with me)
With me (face the day with me)
With me...

I can taste the day (taste the day)
Savor night (savor night)
Scream your dreams
As you dare to fight, dare to fight

My eyes (my eyes) are filled with curiosity
You think (you think) that you have power over me
In this life (this life) there's no room for you and me
So, turn away or face this day with me (face the day with me)
With me..."

  Noble, smooth and powerful, Lavande impresses time and again her musicality brings the intimate value of the arts to a touching kight. In a song where she may vow to fight until the end of it all, whether with or without a foe, her sound resonated with the first-years being able to survive the whole festival without falter. And for the grand finale, Helio takes the lead on Ryūko's behalf. "Sending it to all here, Her Highness says this." Said Helio, "The many paths we walk, the allies and companions made along the way, whatever the obstacle my be, no matter how formidable a task, what does not change is the blessing we have all recieved here to bring ourselves more than anything we once thought in doubt of ourselves. Never will our bonds be torn apart by the adversaries when we are true and one by the heartstrings we have, nor will the strength in ourselves between virtues and faults ever collapse. Bring together this song, a Blessing Chord once we all stand as one."

Blessing Chord by Roselia

Vocalists' Key
[Hel] - Helio
[Lav] - Lavande
[Kam] - Kaminari
[Ya] - Yanna

"(Ha ah...)

[Hel] Ikutsu mono ashiato ya omoi ga anata wo katadoru
Sore wa yuiitsu muni no iro de
Kagayaki hanachi Living, living
[Lav] Tenohira no tsumeatoya
Kamishimeta kuchibiru no itami ga oshieta (ikiru koto)
Taisetsu ni dakishimete iyou

[Kam] Hitomi ya senaka ga monogataru kore made no michinori
[Ya] Tatakai tsuzukete kita anata e okuru (La la la)
Shukufuku no kane (La la la)
[Lav] Saijou ni utsukushiki kono shunkan
(Congratulate)

[Hel] Splendid life
Kao agete hokoreru jibun wo (Shine to the world)
Junpaku no hikari ga michite (Shine to the world)
Ten yori ima (Bright) maiochiru
Shiawase no hanabiratachi ga
Ride on life
Kedakasa wa kokoro ni aru (Shine to the world)
Mune wo hari susumitsuzukete (Shine to the world)
Daijoubu yo (Bright) anata nara
Doko made demo ikeru kara
Saigo wa Happily ever after

Tsurakute kurushikute mo hitasura ni toki wo kakete wa
Shinon wa takumashiku kanaderu
Sono neiro ni wa Dashing, dashing
[Lav] Nagasu namida no ato ni mebaeru mono wa
Kakegae no nai monotachi (Nani yori mo)
Unmei wo ugokashi tsuzukeyou

[Kam] Sora wa shitteiru anata no nani mo kamo subete wo
[Ya] Ikari mo yorokobi mo tamashii no koe mo (La la la)
Shuppatsu no tobira (La la la)
[Lav] Akehanatareta saki wa kibou ga
(Congratulate)

[Hel] Tanin to kuraberu koto wa sezu ni
[Lav] Motto jibun jishin wo mitsumete hoshii
[Kam] Anata wa arinomama de utsukushiku
[Ya] Subarashii koto wo shitte hoshii kara
[Lav] Umarete kita imi wo kassai to tomo ni
[Hel] Anata ni sasageru Blessing Chord...
[Kam] Blessing Chord... [Ya] Blessing Chord...

[Hel] Splendid life
Kao agete hokoreru jibun wo (Shine to the world)
Junpaku no hikari ga michite (Shine to the world)
Ten yori ima (Bright) maiochiru
Shiawase no hanabiratachi ga
Ride on life
Kedakasa wa kokoro ni aru (Shine to the world)
Mune wo hari susumi tsuzukete (Shine to the world)
Daijoubu yo (Bright) anata nara
Doko made demo ikeru kara
Saigo wa Happily ever after"

  Harmonious were the four individuals, a beautiful chorus together orchestrated with a wolf in Ryūko's steed. Their charming musical performance won the hearts of many in that entire hallway as demons applauded, cheered and screamed for the singing sensations onstage. They bowed to their audience before leaving the stage with their instruments in tow, with some help from telekinetic magic.

  And what's the Harvest Festival without this year's Young Kings? As usual, Clara and Asmodeus were standing with Iruma on his throne, while Lead was posing with a new hairdo on his. Well, who could blame Iruma? He surely missed his two best friends after not being with them for four days straight, now he couldn't let them out of his grip. Jazz proceeded to tease Lead for lacking dignity by nudging the blond demon's head. Asmodeus asked Jazz if he was talking with the Dorodoro Brothers, but it turned out neither team was certain if they were on the same page about Furfur. The brothers admired him and asked if he was incredible, but Jazz and Schneider had no idea what were they yapping about. Sabro came with some meat on his plate and putting it on his teammate's head, talking about the same duo who spoke to him again, but after those brothers went to find their master, he took the opportunity to get out of Shichiro's sight to not endure long lectures. He even picked up Keroli along the way because she wouldn't leave his side. But that never stopped his loyal tenants and left-hand man... I mean bird from following her. She seemed mortified to even step away without having people addressing her as a queen at every direction. Poor little demoness turned back to her default senses. To Lead, on the contrary, Elizabetta seemed more like a queen, judging by how a hoard of men were worshipping and bringing food to her. That sort of aligned with how Agares was treated by his allies while he wanted to sleep so badly, that was before he decided to complain to Keroli once he spotted her at a vulnerable state.

  On the other hand, Robin came back reporting a completed task to Kalego, who was having some wine alongside Shichiro having a massive glass of what appears to be juice. Kalego said he'll listen to Robin's testimony later on, but Robin was really excited to tell him that the former gently threw him off elsewhere. And thanks to Shichiro narrowing their search radius, Coco didn't remember anything strange and theorised his memory was wiped out from that particular. Still, he was irritated by his homeroom students being particularly noisy. His friend asked if he wasn't going to silence them, but the crow-like demon praised them for not holding back and showing full potential achieved from training, thus allowed them to have a little fun. If any were to ask if he could have told them in person, he'd let it get to their heads with enough time to lecture them before they'll have plenty to reflect on. And what were the chances? He was interrupted by Iruma summoning him only because his friends wanted to see him in that fluffy bird form of his. And not to forget Iruma can't refuse any form of requests, which Kalego yelled at him to learn how to refuse them. Whatever caused that bright light in the hallway from his wrath was something for another time.

  When the party was over, Iruma, Asmodeus, Clara and Lavande were about to part ways to head back home. Each of the demon friends asking Iruma to send their regards to Ryūko for a smooth and well-off recovery. The others parted being welcomed by either family or an escort. A lot certainly happened from the past few days, but ended with the Misfits being together as friends as normal. He looked up at the two moons right until Opera jumpscared him from behind saying the chances of getting a cold were higher for one to keep standing outside in the autumn night. Upon entering the mansion again, Sullivan ran over to Iruma after waiting for him to return from the afterparty. There was a lot going on for a small party of their own, but it never goes on without welcoming him back home, in this Netherworld where he and his sister truly belong.

  That said, Ryūko wasn't home empty-handed. Sullivan had already put her to bed and with Opera's help, had some medication ready on her bed front stool to aid her recovery. Both demons agreed that she had never done something so devastating before and grew some concern over her own health. Iruma naturally worried for his elder twin, but knew he couldn't dare enter her room when she's in a frail position, so he reluctantly returned to his room after the dinner party.

Next Chapter: Chapter XIX [The Instructors' Banquet]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 61 28
Isabelle continues living her new life with new friends at a new school, with secrets to reveal and keep and new demons to meet. Does she have what i...
5.5K 276 10
Reincarnation; it is a concept that I have seen many light novels. 'That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime', 'Re:Zero − Starting Life in Another Wor...
4.8K 203 11
Erica Cassiel had been a Guardian Angel for quite some time now and although her vassal lead a life that was nothing short of perilous, she would bar...
1.2K 43 24
The second semester is finally here and filled with challenges no young demon has ever faced before. Recalling from the previous chapter from the las...