Assassins Lies and Secrets: R...

By Nasha2568

A story of a girl who lived her life peacefully not ever knowing her family's true identity, who lived her li... More

Playlist
Dedication
Chapter 1 - The Seed Who Didn't Grow I
Chapter 2 - The Meeting

Chapter 1 - The Seed Who Didn't Grow II

3 0 0
By Nasha2568

The next day,
I went to school and saw Kazumi on the entrance. I greeted her but she seemed to ignore me, she looked me in the eyes and then simply walked away. I then went to my classroom and went in. I saw Akio in his chair reading his usual manga and sat next to him which was at the back of the classroom near the windows.

"Good morning Akio." I said smiling.

"Silence."

"Hey Akio, why does Kazumi seem to be ignoring me? Did I do something wrong? Akio? Akio?" Kuromi persistently asks.

"Huh- Ooh it's you. Good morning. Well, I think she just didn't notice you." Akio said weirdly.

"Is something wrong Akio?"
"Huh- it's nothing."
"You're acting weird."
"Is that so?"

I then sat at my chair and I thought, Why do they seem to be ignoring me?
Had I done something wrong?

The teacher came in the class then started and it all went without a hitch but Akio didn't talk to me at all the whole class. Snack break came and I tried to strike up a conversation with Akio but he's friends from the volleyball team called him over. As they went out Kazumi came in after.

"Kazumi, what are you doing here?" I asked.
"We need to talk." Kazumi said.

She grabs my hand and drags me to the school's backyard.

"What's the matter Kazumi?"
"You!"
"Me?"
"Yes, you. I thought we were friends!" Kazumi shouted.
"Yeah we are. What are you talking about?"
"Tch. Don't act dumb now Kuromi!"
"I really don't know what your talking about Kazumi. Please tell me what's wrong."

"This." Kazumi held her phone in front of my face. There was a picture of me and Akio together in our yard, a picture where we were laughing together.

"And? What's wrong with that?" I asked.

"Wha- are you dumb? You know that I like Akio and who knew you two were always meeting up like that."

"What that was just yesterday and wait where did you get that?"

"It doesn't matter. You two must be secretly dating!"

"Huh were just bestfriends besides where neighbors so we meet sometimes not intentionally."

"No no, I don't believe you. Someone told me you've always been secretly meeting together and you should've told me you also like Akio. You didn't have to hurt my feelings like that, you should've told me the truth!"

"What but I don't like Akio at all!" I said loudly.

"So you don't like me?" Akio asked.

"Huh what are you doing here?" Kazumi asked.

"Someone left me a letter in my locker this morning, it didn't had a name from whom the letter was written but it was in Kuromi's hand writing so I thought she wanted to meet me. The letter said to meet me in the backyard in Snack break, I want to tell you something."

"Huh I never left a letter." I was surprised.

"See! Kuromi I knew it! You're a traitor!" Kazumi ran away crying.

"Wait! Kazumi!" I shouted.

"Why is she here and why is she crying?" Akio asked.

"I'm Sorry Akio, but I really didn't write that letter. I have to catch up to Kazumi." I said.

"Wait Kuromi." Akio grabs her hand.

"Huh"

"Do you really not have any feelings for me? Was it true what you just said?" Akio asked wholeheartedly.

"I- I'm sorry Akio but I only see you as my friend, my bestfriend." I said sadly.

"I see." he said heartbreakingly as he let's go of my hand.

"I'm sorry." I then ran trying to catch up to Kazumi but I never found her.

I went back to the classroom as the next class was about to start, I didn't see Akio in his seat. I wanted to go find him but I think he might need sometime to be alone.

The next day,
As I walk through the hallway to head to my classroom the students had a strange look in their eyes as they saw me. It seemed weird but I ignored it. I came in the classroom and all my classmates look at me weirdly and seemed to be whispering something to the other. The people in the hallway also had quite the looks in their eyes as I pass by. Akio wasn't in his usual seat and I sat alone near the window. Snack break came and I had an unexpected visitor.

"Well, well. If it isn't the lone wolf Kuromi." Mila said with a smile.

"Mila? What are you doing here?" I asked.

"Ooh just wondering how my sister is doing after that intense scandal spreading throughout the school." Mila continues to smile.

"Scandal?"
"Ooh so you're not aware, here."

Mila showed me a video of yesterday at the backyard of school where me, Kazumi and Akio had an argument. But this video was edited and made me look the bad guy. It showed me betraying my bestfriend Kazumi, that me and Akio were secretly dating.

"Huh- but that's not what happened."

"A girl who betrayed her beloved bestfriend in order for her to get the loved of her life. The boy her bestfriend loved so dearly, she wanted to take him away from her even if it meant hurting her bestfriends feelings." Mila said dramatically.

"I didn't do such a thing!" I exclaimed.
"Ooh but we have proof."
"Proof of what?"
"You and Akio secretly meeting. And I Mila am the witness." Mila grinned.
"You're a liar Mila!"

"Look Kuromi enough of your lies you are a witch and a traitor! Stop denying it anymore!" Kazumi said.

"Kazumi! Please believe me it's not true, you can even go ask Akio." I said.

"Well, let's ask him then. Akio!" Mila said.

Akio who was sitting in his seat spoke up and said something unexpected.

"It's true we were dating. In that video she denied it just to not hurt Kazumi but Kazumi found out about our relationship. She even said she doesn't like me but it was all just an act for Kazumi to believe her." Akio said.

Our classmates gasp after hearing Akio's statement.

"That's not true Akio! Why are you lying!" I couldn't hold my tears anymore and tears started flowing from my eyes.

"The truth has finally come out a shocking revealance indeed." Mila said loudly.

"I really can't believe you Kuromi." Kazumi said as she cried.

"It's really not true please believe me. We're bestfriends and you know me best right?" I said as I continued to cry.

"But unfortunately Kuromi I never knew the whole you, I never knew you were a traitor. And from this day on forget were ever bestfriends!" Kazumi said as she then walked out.

"Akio!" I screamed.

"I'm just telling the truth Kuromi." Akio said as he looked me straight in the eyes.

"Poor sister, well it's all your fault to begin with." Mila said.

"You set us up didn't you! Mila!"

"Trying to blame me for telling the truth now." Mila said.

"That's not the whole truth Mila that's not what happened in the video nor me and Akio dating! I never betrayed Kazumi at all!"

"But he said so himself that you two were dating. So stop denying sis. Anyways I had quite the fun and good luck on your journey of being a loner from now on. Bye-bye." Mila said as she walked out the classroom.

All the students were looking at me. Meanwhile Akio just continued to stay seated and ignore what just happened. The whole day pass and I didn't go home instead I went to the riverbank were we three would always meet up. I stayed there until I became fine.

The whole scandal changed my whole school life. The students would usually call me names, gossip about me and no one wanted to get close to me. After that Mila and Kazumi became quite close friends. Even though Mila was the mastermind of that scandal, it was all a big misunderstanding, a setup. I was then bullied by some of Kazumi's new friends along with Mila. They'd often drew on my desk, put some stuff in my locker, I'd often lost my shoes for my training, gossip me to my teachers and many more in which I can't say. Meanwhile Akio distanced himself from me we never talked ever since then. I used to be an honor student, I was great at sports I often join competitions as the school's representative and I join research projects from my teachers recommendations. There were a lot of opportunities represented to me, I did worked hard for all of those for me and my father.

But a lot has changed in my life, I think it all started when mom left us. No, when my father married my stepmom and started to live together with us along with her children. My stepmom along with my stepsiblings would abused me and spoke ill about me to my father. Not only they forced father to put them in the same school as me they did everything they can to make my life miserable, all my friends turned their backs on me even my two bestfriends. All of the happenings in my life greatly affected my mental health. They also changed my father, and our relationship.
We used to be so close and now, it seems like I don't know him anymore his like a different person, a person I never knew, a stranger. I may say abuse but Haru was kind to me, although I'm not really sure if that was all true.

My father never knew about all this, in fact he wouldn't believe anything I say. This woman was my father's happiness and it has been a really long while since I last saw him this happy. But this happiness was dangerous, this woman has my father wrapped around her fingers, a puppet. My father will willingly do anything for her because of that longing for happiness from her.

The next day,
A lot has happened and another one was coming. Due to the things I had faced, my studies were affected and I ended up failing. My father was called over to the school and was very disappointed in me, we then had an argument.

"I thought you wanted to be successful and finish school, what happened?" Kuromi's father yells at her.

"I'm just having a hard time right now." Kuromi replied.

"What do you mean hard time?! Oh you mean you have a hard time managing your studies because you have a boyfriend?" father said.

"What? father no, I don't have a boyfriend at all, it isn't about that"

"Liar! your sister told me everything about that scandal. You are a disgrace to our family! You broke your promise to me!"

"Wha-" Kuromi is shocked.

"Don't even try to deny it!"

"That's not true, I promise" Kuromi said.

"I don't believe you, liar. You never told me you were failing your studies and now. I'm disappointed in you Kuromi!"

My stepmom and my Mila were laughing at me.

"They edited it! I was depressed dad, they abused me and I was bullied at school, then the-"

"Silence, are you trying to blame your siblings and mother for your own mistakes!" Kuromi's father continues to yell at her.

"It's the truth, why won't you believe me?" Kuromi cries, begging her father to believe her.

"You betrayed my trust Kuromi."

"Their lying! There manipulating you!" My father then slapped me.

"You're just like your mother!"

"Atleast she believes me unlike you!"

"I've had enough of you. I'm not gonna slap you again because that'll ruin my reputation but one thing I can say is go pack your bags and I don't want to see your face ever again. I don't have a daughter whose a failure."

Father then walked away together with my stepmom. Mila came towards me.

"Well, well. Looks like I'm the only princess now."

"Why are you doing all this? Why did you set me up?"

"Fine, I'll tell you the truth since your gonna leave the house and I'll never get to see your face ever again. I actually like Akio, I was quite jealous of you and him always together. I heard some girls gossip of Kazumi liking him, I thought I might put that to good use so I did all of those. The fake letter, the video, I even told the heartbroken Akio to speak against you and finally Kazumi, I told her to exact revenge on you. Although everything she did until now was all her doing, her ideas, cruel isn't it? I only lent a hand a few times."

"You witch!" I was about to grab her hair but Haru stopped me.

"Let go Haru!"
"Just stop, both of you!" Haru shouted.  Stop Mila leave her be, she already had enough.

"Fine! Whatever. Anyways you needn't worry about Kazumi and Akio I'll take care of them. If Kazumi still likes Akio then I'll just get rid of her or make her life miserable like yours, Kuromi." Mila then walks away with a smile on her face.

"Ugh. I hate her!"
"I'm sorry you had to go through this."
"It's not your fault, besides you've already helped me enough."
"Here." Haru hands over a card and a few money to Kuromi. If you need my help just call that and that should be enough to cover your expenses for a week or so, to find a place to stay."

"Were you expecting that I get kick out?"
"I'm sorry but yes. I knew something bad was gonna happen last night because Mila and mom went in to dad's room. I'm guessing they talked about you."
"Then I don't need it!"
"What? Why?"
"I don't need your money nor your help. I know I'm being selfish right now, but I can't always rely on you nor anyone. If I am going to live all by myself, I should learn to get a living for myself."
"I see. Then good luck, but if you really need help, don't hesitate to call me."

Haru then left, tears then started falling from my eyes, as it struck me not only was I disowned by my mother, my father has lost his trust in me and has now disowned me.

A few hours later, I arrived home and started to pack my bags with nowhere to go. I never knew any relatives on my father's side apart from grandma. I had no friends I can call nor knew anyone else, but I thought if I could contact mother again would she accept me? Probably not, I have no choice but to live my life alone and get a job to survive. But then I received a call saying that my father along with my stepmother and stepsiblings were in a car incident. Seeing as I still cared for my father I rushed to the hospital to only see my father's dead body, my stepmother and stepsiblings were crying over him. I went ahead but I was pushed away by the nurse saying only relatives are able to enter.

"But I am his daughter!" Kuromi yells.

"That girl is a liar don't let her in." stepmom said as she was crying.

"Miss please, just wait outside." the nurse said.

I had no choice I was left outside the room crying and not knowing what to do.

A few days later,
The police came to us and said that my father was shot when he was driving which led for the car to get out of control and even when my stepmother tried to control the wheels and brakes. The brakes were tampered the car didn't stopped.

"Did Mr. Chiasa had any enemies?" the police asked.

"I guess, he had competitors for his business, but he was a good man, he was very kind even to his competitors. He was a lovable man I don't think he has enemies at all." stepmother says as she cries.

"Did he had someone he argued with, if you know anyone?" the police asks.

"Well her daughter they had an argument at her school." stepmom said.

She then told the police officer of the argument we had at school. The police then turned to me.

"Where were you after they left?" the police asks.

"I went straight home after that officer."

"The man who shot your father was found and he said he was paid by someone. According to our investigators this someone also broke the brakes in case the plan fails. We also looked at your homes cctv and found the same culprit who this man said who paid him."

"And?"
"Who was it officer?" Mila asked.
"Her Kuromi Chiasa."
"What!" Stepmom and Mila were shocked.

"So you're a killer now huh? "Haru said angrily. I never thought you could do something like that?!"

"I didn't do anything. How could I- I don't even know anything about cars." I was at a lost for words.

The officer then showed us the video and there it was really me.

"It can't be." Kuromi stood there shocked.

"You witch!" Stepmom said.

"Don't even deny it there is evidence!" Mila said.

"That really isn't me!" I replied.

"Give up, Kuromi. No one's going to believe a liar like you. I trusted you and helped you. To think you'd do this to all of us. We could've died!" Haru said.

"You will be now under arrest for the murder of your own father, Ichiro Chiasa." The police officer said.

I stood there in silence and the police took me away. I couldn't resist and had no choice but accept it.

I was suspected for the murder of my father. As for the real culprit the one who killed my father and the one who tampered the brakes was still out there, they might also be the same person. Stepmom took advantage of this incident and hastily made fake evidence for me to be imprisoned. She wanted me to be out of the picture, she wanted the company all to her and her children. I have no idea of her connection to the real culprit but it seemed she had always wanted for my father to die. There are a lot of possibilities that she was the one who paid the killer and the one who tampered the brakes but I didn't have any evidence, only suspections. I'm sure of one other thing though is that she definitely paid the police to believe in that video and arrest me. It also seems Haru was kept hidden from this plan of hers. She really is quick to make one, how utterly disgusting of that woman.

The trial then came and she won easily as there were evidences against me. The court also took her side as well concerning the ownership of the company and the company is now all hers. As for me I'm to be imprisoned. But as soon as I was taken out of the court I made a request to one of the police.

"Excuse me, Officer can I go to the bathroom?" I asked.

"Really a murderer making a request." She sighed. Whatever your still human, be fast."

"Thank you." I said.

She escorted me to the bathroom. She waited outside while I went in. There was a window as I thought, I made an escaped and immediately made a run for it as soon I was out. I ran so so far from this place and I arrived at the brigde where my mother used to take me for walks. It was night when I arrived and I was very exhausted, the brigde was quite far from the police station so I ran quite a long time while also making sure I wasn't followed, my stamina was running low. But I really won't allow myself to be imprisoned, I didn't run because I was guilty but because the real killer is out there somewhere. But at the same time I was really tired of everything and at the bridge I suddenly made a decision to end it all at once.

I climbed the railings and stood. The bridge was high, enough for someone to die.

Which lead me to make this decision... where I am now..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 160 40
The innocent and even the guilty fear Shadowblade the assassin. She's a famous assassin who always gets the job done right. The police of Newpo...
38 0 6
In the shadows of secrecy, 17 year old Rika Ashikawa leads a double life. By day, she walks the hall of her high school, blending in with her peers...
59 0 10
An emotionless renown assassin that is feared by many. She has a dark past and her Lord has many secrets to hide as well. With Saizo by her side, who...
435 10 8
An assasin. A woman out for revenge. They both get entangled with the same people. Through a series of event he becomes her body guard . Both hear...