Long journey of solitude

By Chorizo_chain123

After finishing it's mission on the previous star system, the ship named as V'lex a former apocalypse pattern... More

author's note
BIO. part 1.
BIO. part 2.
Chapter 1. And from the void he came
Chapter 2. David vs. Goliath
Chapter 3. Diplomacy and resurrection
Amagi's BIO
Special Chapter.
Chapter 5. An early Christmas?
Chapter 6. Ironblood base
Chapter 7. The rebirth of iron and freedom
Bismarck's and Yorktown's BIO
Chapter 8. A veteran's prowess and the ashes
Special chapter
Chapter 9. Social media and lab building
Chapter 10. A date and more dates.
Gileon, Hizerad and Elzerad's BIO
Chapter 11. Twin sisters of fate
Chapter 12. The Revelation of the two creators
Chapter 13. Distress call
Chapter 14. A realm from beyond
Chapter 15. A ship girl's reunion
Notice

Chapter 4. It's not just for show

254 6 2
By Chorizo_chain123

author's notice:

yes!... still alive! or not... anyways!
time to overwork a couple of my brain cells!

______________________________________

the participants of each faction was.

eagle union representatives:

Enterprise
Langley

royal navy representatives:

queen elizabeth
warspite

sardegna empire representatives:

Littorio
Vittorio venetio

ironblood representatives:

Friedrich der große
Bismarck

iris orthodoxy:

Richelieu
Jean bart

sakura empire representatives:

Shinano
Nagato
Amagi

northern parliament representatives:

Sovetsky rossiya
Sovetsky belorussiya

dragon empery representatives:

Yatsen
Ying swei

special representative:

V'lex

everyone was shocked including the girls from eagle union and royal navy after seeing amagi infront of them alive and well, yatsen then broke the silence.

Yatsen: "amagi.... is it really... you?.."

Amagi: "yes... and i understand that this is too much to take in."

then the representatives of eagle union and royal navy look at him. then qe spoke to amagi.

QE: "it's... been so long since i heard you speaking to us and also.... care to explain this to us?"

Amagi: "well then... i remembered seeing the last moment of my two sisters crying over my death bed as i slip away from my consciousness, a voice as dark as the abyss called out to me and it said it's master will make a good use of my death to make my sisters believe they could bring me back to life."

everyone was intently listening to her story and amagi added.

Amagi: "over a few years i was locked away in that darkness seeing my sisters being tricked by the sworn enemy that we are fighting against, i could only cry at that sight unable to help, until that fateful day came when the orochi was finally destroyed, i saw those meteorite like streaks of lights descending from the sky like a thousand wish that has been granted, destroying every sirens on sight.

all the girls stare at him while he was thinking something.

Amagi: "the final moment of that nightmarish vision was my sisters crying to me once again which i feel glad that it was finally over and they are safe."

there's a moment of silence because of what amagi had endured for these years, then v'lex speaks to them.

V'lex: "they planned this by the time you girls came to life."

his words caught their attention.

Sovetsky rossiya: "what do you mean comrad?"

V'lex: "the ashes... they are a mirror of you girls right?"

Langley: "yes... their objective is somewhat a mystery to us as they will attack both sirens and shipgirls alike."

V'lex: "similar to me and my creators being a mirror of humanity of this world, the difference is that they are an alternate of you from a different timeline of this universe."

Enterprise: (she's looking for someone who's important to her but. who was this person she was looking for?)

yatsen guessed what he means.

Yatsen: "possibly the sirens as well... if you see it that way..."

V'lex: "timelines that came before this current timeline is an alternate future that had happened. the sirens had peered through these timelines as a means of reference point of what sort of plan they gonna execute. a trial and error, by using their own alternate versions as a monitoring device."

amagi added.

Amagi: "since after you came to this universe, their little test was in disarray and these ashes must be the result of such unfortunate timelines."

Jean bart: "along with the orochi, the new siren mass produced ships and the disruption device, it all makes sense now."

V'lex: "all for the purpose of gaining more power."

with the relationship between the sirens and ashes finally connected, v'lex added what was the reason why the ashes attacked the shipgirls.

V'lex: "the ashes are trying to put you to the test whenever you are strong enough to face what the sirens are throwing against you all."

and that surely revealed the mystery of the ashes.

Littorio: "and that leaves us on how amagi returned"

Amagi: "since after seeing the final moment of the orochi's destruction i resigned to the fact, i could never ever see them again but all that had changed when i sensed his presence, gazing at my very soul."

V'lex: "knowing the sirens had quickly fielded siren spaceships and a disruption device along with their method of acquiring solid strategy, i had resolved to gather more hands to finally end the siren threat by endowing selected few girls with advanced upgrades."

V'lex: "it was a risk i had to take."

Vittorio venetio: "why?"

V'lex: "technology such as the ones i gave amagi can turn into a cure to a worthy person but a curse to an unworthy one, once you let it influence you, you'd thirst for more power similar to my enemies who destroyed several planets and enslaved several more. children. elderly. women. and men. all are being subjected to horrendous agony all for the sake of quenching their thirst, as i had seen during my time as a command ship."

realizing their mistake specially former crimson axis members, they then sworn to never follow such horrible tyrants ever again.

v'lex pulled out four memory keystone out of his pocket dimension, levitating them on his hands which gained a shocked expressions to the new girls.

V'lex: "it is one of the reasons why these memory keystones was created. to give a warning and as well to guide future generations from making such mistakes."

he then levitates them towards sovetsky belorussiya, yatsen, Vittorio venetio and Richelieu which they received.

Bismarck: "if you are questioning why we didn't received one, we already have one from our little visit to his ship."

QE: "we as well received one"

Enterprise: "and also to our side too"

Shinano: "us.... received the... gift as well...."

Sovetsky belorussiya: "then comrad, i shall humbly received it."

Yatsen: "for the betterment of our people, i thank you for this gift."

Jean bart: "on behalf of my sister and the reformed iris orthodoxy, i shall give you my thanks for the gift."

her sister gave her a smile.

Vittorio venetio: "as a representative of sardegna empire i shall offer my thanks as well."

Bismarck: "even if this is the second time I've seen it, it's still made me amazed to see him pull it."

Friedrich der große: "if i didn't see it myself, i would doubt such claims but my totcher had already vouched for his ability but even so i find it fascinating to see it right before my eyes."

Nagato: "it is similar to us if we also don't have a solid proof to such claims."

Ying wei: "i had been meaning to ask you this v'lex but i am curious on what you look like under your helmet?"

v'lex deactivated his helmet and he hears faint gasp from the new girls

Friedrich der große: (ara ara~ he looks dashing despite being shrouded in intimidating aura.)

it seems he got a flashback after hearing her thoughts and the others as well, who are flustered on varying degree and bismarck warned them a bit too late.

Bismarck: "may i mind to repeat this to you about the briefing before we started this conference, and that is, he can read minds and emotions?"

which turned the girls into tomatoes meanwhile the others who had experienced this, chuckled at the sight even amagi, and for him it's another package of thought feedbacks to him which he had to deadpan listening again, they surely can't keep their thoughts straight when embarrassed beyond reasoning, then amagi speaks to him.

Amagi: "ara ara~ v'lex san, it seems you have stolen their heart."

her words didn't help on calming the girls down which he sighed.

V'lex: "some of you had heard of this from the briefing as well but as i had told the other girls, telepathy and empathy can burden it's user if mental parameters are not met and also the reason why i cannot express emotions alot, unlike you all."

they remember bismarck had given them a briefing about his appearance, his aura, the ability to manipulate physical objects with his thoughts, mind and emotions reading along with his age which gave them a shock.

Ying wei: "so a double edge sword..."

Vittorio venetio: "then about your age..."

V'lex: "yes"

which gave them a shock but to a lesser degree after knowing it already and amagi was initially shocked when nagato had briefed her, along with the others even mikasa comments what others commented about him being older than their entire history through the comms prior to their arrival on the base, friedrich had already know she can't call a being that's basically a giant and also far older than their civilization as her son.

Friedrich der große: (a shame i can't call him my son....)

Littorio: "now that everything had been sorted out, i am curious about amagi's new capability after her futuristic ship made a scene at the docks."

Sovetsky rossiya: "i am as well, comrad littorio since we heard it from the others."

Amagi: "well then, i might as well see how much i can perform since after the last time i did my combat exercise."

Yatsen: "tomorrow we shall test her capability since it's almost getting dark now."

*a moments later after the conference*

v'lex had decided he should take a walk around the docks, a few girls was seen walking around, he mused that they are going to a certain store, he then looks at amagi's ship which sticks out like a sore thumb on how it dwarfs other ships and the dock it was anchored at, has some activity but not very crowded unlike earlier where everyone was like a field of grass on how densely packed they are.

he can already sense a group of presence who direct their gaze to him since after they are thinking of looking for him.

Sovetsky rossiya: "mind for us to partake the view of the ship comrad v'lex?"

he looks back and sees.

sovetsky belorussiya, sovetsky rossiya, qe, warspite, enterprise, langley, bismarck, friedrich der große, yatsen, ying wei, Richelieu, jean bart, Shinano, nagato, amagi, littorio and vittorio venetio. then bismarck first to speak.

Bismarck: "I can't believe you can bring someone up from the dead and gave them new power that can't be comparable to the siren technology."

QE: "i am as well and was shocked to see not just amagi once again but her new and extremely advance warship."

ying wei: "can't wait to see our new assist's capability."

Amagi: "i also can't wait ying wei san since this is the first time i will gonna try the new weapons v'lex san had built for my ship.

Vittorio venetio: we all are, can't wait since this is v'lex's work we are talking."

then the girls and him, exchanged of greetings.

then the next morning came. everyone was in a buzz after hearing the announcement of amagi's return and her ship's weapons demo and they are excited about the prospect of seeing the legendary tactician in action and the others are excited to see new weapons in action also.

z23 was getting dragged by javelin along with laffey and her sleepy face, they are at the plaza hurriedly walking towards the training area.

Z23: "javelin!! stop dragging me i can walk myself!"

javelin let go of her friend and said.

Javelin: "I can't help it since they are talking about the return of the legendary tactician and also it's been a talk that she got an upgrade from that scary giant yesterday!"

Laffey: "i wanna see the legendary tactician too... but im sleepy...."

droopily said of sleepy laffey.

Z23: "ah.. it's v'lex you're talking about?"

Javelin: "you know him?!"

Z23: "remember, i was one of the few selected to ever visited his ship."

Javelin: "awww.... i wish i got chosen also."

Laffey: "me too.... i bet there's a comfy bed on... his ship..."

Z23 could only facepalm on what laffey had said.

Javelin: "so anyways. let's go!!"

she said while dragging both laffey and Z23.

Z23: "hey!!"

she could only exclaim to her friend while being dragged.

meanwhile at the docks, amagi was walking towards her ship in the docks admiring the scenery, she saw her ship getting flocked by the new arrivals while she was walking and had arrive, only for the crowd to begun murmuring among themselves after seeing her and the young destroyers greeted her which made amagi smile and before she could ever board her ship she hears two voices yelling at her name while running, and they revealed to be akagi and kaga who was running with crying faces, they hugged her while sobbing.

Akagi: "nee sama....."

Kaga: "w-we thought.... we could never ever see you again....*

she patted both of them, sighing and said.

Amagi: "fate must've been kind to us for this chance my sisters."

akagi then asked.

Akagi: "b-but how?"

Amagi: "the very person who gave me this ship is the one you should give your thanks with."

both akagi and kaga along with everyone else on the dock knew who she was referring too.

Kaga: "v'lex san....."

now the crowd knew the name of the giant they're afraid to approach.

Akagi: "nee sama, this ship he gave you is fascinating sight to see and i would love to see it's capability too!"

amagi sees kaga who had a sparkly eyes looking back at her.

Amagi: "well.... i am on my way to the training area for a demonstration so why not join me?"

which they frantically nod in agreement.

*at the training area near the docks*

now the crowd is anxious on the demo. on the training area we see enterprise, hornet and the fox sisters. the fox sisters had missed their older sister so they wanted to have a spar with her, they had already deployed their riggings and are now taking position, tho... amagi's riggings shocked them because of how much changes had added to it, but the eagle union girls tried to remain composed and the fox sisters was sparkling with amazement.

Enterprise: "how long has it been since we have been in training amagi?"

Amagi: "years i suppose..."

Hornet: "my sister and i vs. the legendary tactician, I can't help but feel scared and excited at the same time facing an opponent famed to have led countless missions against the sirens and win, now with extremely advance technology that's so alien and yet so familiar.

Kaga: "you better watch your back  grey ghost and hornet because my nee sama is scarier than the sirens when she's serious."

followed by akagi's insert of smug face.

Amagi: "now, now, everyone we should start our little demo okay?"

which every contestants readied themselves.

Enterprise: "we shall test your anti air capability this round and you must destroy as many aircraft you as you can before 1 minute ends."

which amagi agreed.

Enterprise: "then everyone let us begin!"

the pair of sisters begun deploying large amount of aircrafts trying to overwhelm her air defense but the next scene shocked them when amagi bared her full anti air might by accurately hitting the aircrafts with her complement of meteorite missiles destroying every aircraft with ease within seconds and those that got past the missile strike was strucked down with a single hit from her point defense pulse battery, smoldering them in half until non reached her, the show had left them speechless.

Z23: "anti air rockets and laser weaponry?!, are you friggin serious?!"

z23 was in disbelief at the missile and it's capability and she knew they are much more advance than what they had currently in development and the most shocking to her is amagi's laser weaponry that are quite powerful, she questioned just how powerful v'lex had turned amagi into.

Javelin had sparkly eyes and just uttered "wow" meanwhile laffey was asleep, and javelin had shaken laffey from her sleepy and said.

Javelin: "did you just see that laffey!?, she launched those rockets and kapow booom!, nearly all the aircrafts gone!, a-and lastly her laser weapons took out the rest!, so cool!!"

she giddily talks to her already dizzy friend.

Laffey: "laffey is... dizzy... please stop..."

Z23: "javelin you need to stop she's dizzy already!"

which javelin noticed her dizzy friend and feel sorry.

Javelin: "i-i'm sorry laffey! i didn't mean to, i was just so excited seeing them spar with the legendary tactician....."

laffey said to her.

Laffey: "it's okay... laffey just needs sleep and all is okay...."

she then slumped on her shoulder and then falls asleep which made both the girls smile.

meanwhile at the training area, both the yorktown sisters and the fox sisters can't believe how easily she took down all the aircraft they deployed considering it was over a hundred and she just chewed them out quite quickly.

Hornet: "jeez my fear is warranted."

Enterprise: "same here sister and I can't believe v'lex turned amagi which is already a formidable opponent into a much more terrifying force."

the fox sisters was really amazed at how powerful their older sister had become and much more powerful than she used to be.

Akagi: "amazing...."

Kaga: "this is more than what I'd expected sister"

Akagi: "indeed..."

then enterprise said to amagi.

Enterprise: "next is your evasion on how you avoid getting hit by the bombs. ready?"

Amagi: "you may proceed."

they then deployed all of their aircrafts at her and this time it was twice the number compared to earlier, then the aircrafts started diving towards her and released their dummy payload, and then again she shocked them when she dances around to where the bombs landed, gracefully weaving through the raining bombs until all the bombs disappeared below the waves, and non managed to hit her.

that scene caused the crowd to shout in amazement including javelin while laffey sleep through that.

Javelin: "soo amazing!!"

she stands up raising both her hands.

in the training area where the yorktown sister and the fox sister can't believe she pulled that tight evasion maneuver like a professional dancer much gracefully than she used to.

Hornet: "seriously, you pulled that impossible evasion maneuver like you had it at the back of your head amagi and if that was me, I'd been sunk already."

Enterprise: "I can't disagree, it was totally different from the last time."

Amagi: "my speed, perception and thought process had increased exponentially after v'lex san made the new ship for me."

she patted her now bigger riggings.

meanwhile her sisters sailed close to her still wearing that sparkly eyes.

Akagi: "i wished v'lex san would also upgrade me...."

frownly said by akagi.

Enterprise: "he said that only selected few can have the upgrade as he noted that having great power can become a cure, to those who's worthy to wield it, and a curse to those who arent worthy."

which gained a pout from akagi, amagi chuckled at her sister's reaction then suddenly amagi detected a spatial distortion before it happened and she knew who it is.

Amagi: "it seems he's here."

her words alerted them. then a spatial distortion quickly form over the training area which the crowd took notice and what came out of it is v'lex still in his armor and was floating over a few feet above the water which gained a bewildered looks from the crowd. even the yorktown sister and the trio of sister was surprised that he can levitate.

V'lex: "akagi, you gotta earn it's power through trust and effort."

and hearing that word made her feel dejected but accepts either way.

Amagi: "i never thought you can levitate, all know is that it was supposedly exclusive to a few selected ship girls"

v'lex replied to her.

V'lex: "you are included to those selected few amagi, you forgot?."

which she remembered that her ship was equiped with anti gravity engines and fusion drivers, she then activated her anti gravity engines and everyone are bawling their eyes out even her sisters and the york town sisters.

Amagi: "it seems i forgot that i was equiped with anti gravity engines, as i am accustomed to my old former ship design."

V'lex: "currently, you're no ordinary surface ship, as you have become a spaceship just like me."

that phrase struck true to them because v'lex had turned her into a spaceship just like him.

Hornet: "seriously?!... that's so cool!!"

the man himself can sense an intensifying anticipation from the crowd.

V'lex: "as i said you gotta earn the trust first, amagi is a special case."

his words filled them a strong sense of determination and also which gave him hope for them.

V'lex: "aren't you guys continuing your demo?"

Enterprise: "yes, the next one is firepower demo, and that's it."

Amagi: "um.... enterprise chan it seems i also carried two aircrafts or should i say starfighters from what v'lex is calling them."

this caught her attention and concluded she needs to see it's capability.

Enterprise: "well then let's start with aircraft or starfighter as i am curious on it's ability."

Akagi and kaga was surprised when they hear that their older sister carried two aircrafts and not just any aircrafts but starfighters too.

Akagi: "i am rather excited to see it kaga."

Kaga: "same here sister."

they took the same position as they did earlier and the crowd seems they got the gist of it, that another test was added.

Cleveland: "it seems they are testing amagi's aircraft capability."

cleveland was nearby the starter squad and javelin replied with surprised reaction.

Javelin: "really!? i thought she didn't carry any aircraft."

and at the training area, the girls are now in position.

Enterprise: "to see the capability of your starfighter we shall take the role of the aggressor and the test is the same as the first test, you need to destroy as many aircraft as you can before 1 min is up."

Enterprise: "ready?. commence!"

the four carriers deployed 30 aircraft on each carrier and the combined airpower was still over a hundred.

then amagi launched her two aircrafts that ascend at speeds that is much. much faster than the conventional fighter jet.

the speed alone really did a thing or two for the audience and the opposing force because of how fast it is.

Hornet: "gotta be careful sis, as we don't know what else v'lex had added to her fighters."

enterprise was staring at him where he was standing at the docks briefly.

Enterprise: "yes... but we better keep trying our best."

hornet nodded to her.

Akagi: "grey ghost! try attacking them at all side and we shall support you!."

as much as she doesn't like her, in a combat situation you gotta coordinate with the said person or else everything will fail.

she nodded at her and ordered her planes to converge towards amagi's planes but it was a mistake on their part as her planes suddenly maneuvered at an ungodly angle which caught them off guard and all hell break lose when some of enterprise's planes falls while burning followed by another, she and the rest of the carriers begun chasing after amagi's plane but they easily shook them off and they are weaving through them while firing lasers which leaves a trail of downed aircrafts.

Hornet: "dammit!... not just damn fast but they are performing impossible maneuvers!"

the numbers of their aircrafts are dwindling quite fast while amagi was guiding her aircrafts like how she danced her way out of a rain of bombs.

Enterprise: "everytime i get a clear shot they always suddenly disappears."

hornet's plane managed to land a hit on one of amagi's planes but it shrugged off the bullets and hornet noticed that her planes had energy shields

Hornet: "hey! that's unfair!, her starfighters had energy shields!"

Akagi/Kaga: "nani!?"

Enterprise: "goodness.... and here i thought we could even scratch her fighters, but this is worst than I could imagine."

amagi could only chuckle at their panicking state.

akagi and kaga fair no better as every attempts at taking amagi's fighters down are always met with the same scenario as enterprise and hornet, until all the flyers that's left are amagi's fighters circling the area.

Hornet: "i swear her fighters are an incarnation of devils of the skies.

Akagi: "i cannot disagree right there, onee sama isn't an aircraft carrier like us but she is still much more terrifying in air combat."

and once again they are wordless as no carrier was able to singlehandedly brought all four of them to their knees how much more if it's just one of them alone.

Enterprise: "and this is the final test, we shall test your firepower and it is the same as your combat exercise before, so no need for a briefing.

the test is two parts, the first one is hitting the stationary targets, the further the targets the higher the score. second part is moving targets same rule as the stationary but with moving targets.

Amagi: "it's been so long since i did this exercise, so let's see what i can do now."

and before the test starts, v'lex called her through telepathy and said.

V'lex: (amagi, reduce the main cannon's power to 5 percent and use standard shells, don't use positron or guided warhead as they could reduce a huge chunk of this place into atoms.)

him speaking directly into her mind made her a little jumpy and she replied the same way

Amagi: (you should've told me that you can speak through telepathy.)

V'lex: (i know you wouldn't easily get freaked out by this.)

which made amagi chuckle and said.

Amagi: (i shall heed your advice v'lex san.)

she then reduced her main cannon's power to 5 percent and used standard shells.

Enterprise: "you can begin when you're ready amagi!"

she was at the distance overlooking amagi, and everyone was really tense staring at the scene, and amagi begun firing her main cannons and the shots looks like blue laser shots, every shots she fired hit dead center even the furthest targets and with this almost impossible feat she displayed with her accuracy they were unable to speak on what just happened.

now she's at the second part. but just like the previous one, all shots never miss and all the dummy boats got atomised to say the least.

Amagi: "so... how is it?"

Hornet: "damn.... i really don't wanna to be on the receiving end of your cannon barrel amagi you literally vaporised all the dummy boats and not sparing the bigger ones."

Enterprise: "i can agree, and all the scores points that you are an S rank."

which made akagi and kaga happy.

Amagi: "i admit this is far better when i was with my old ship."

and everyone around her agrees they then return to the docks and resummoned their ships nearby and the crowd was cheering on her.

Akagi: "nee sama congratulations"

Amagi: "thank you akagi."

she patted both akagi and kaga on the head and she looks at v'lex and thought (thank you once again v'lex san) which he replied with a nod and the little test was now officially over.

______________________________________

additional notes:

meh.... i had to erase 800 words on this chapter just to redo a mistake that i did at the initial chapter.... i swear i need monster energy drink...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29 10 28
In this alternate universe of dread and hope, the Velern citizens, much like humans, exist in blissful ignorance as an inexorable countdown ticks awa...
2 0 3
A young boy the recipient of a legacy of the terrible price what changes shall he bring to this world wrought with conflict hidden under the opulence...
95 12 12
In a world where technology and human emotion intertwine, three individuals-Emma, Ethan, and Zoe-embark on a remarkable journey to unravel the myster...
Wraith By SeventhAries

Science Fiction

44 1 34
Governmental officials unite with a team of elite scientists to create a manifestation of their vision of perfection, which comes in the form of a li...