Perfect Flaws

hcvwritess

"Can I ask you a question?" She stares into my eyes, "What?" "If you had a chance to get revenge, or even ju... Еще

Perfect Flaws
Character descriptions
1. Traitor
2. Battles all alone
3. Time-lapse
4. Unfortunate Luck
5. Life is a Deathly Price
6. Just a Soul that Exists
7. Hostility is a Specialty
8. Sanity will Always Lose
9. Snippets of Delight
10. Fail your Sympathy
11. A Dead Baby's Breath
12. Drained Adolescence
13. Forbidden Memories
14. A Caged Freedom
15. Clashing Royalty
16. Dangerously Obsessed
17. A Tattered Mind
18. A Mind and Heart's Grave
19. Scorching Surprises
20. Eager Instincts
21. Drowning in Ecstasy
22. Distant for Doubts
23. Trifling Mind Games
24. A Fool in Royalty
25. Secrets Unveiled
26. Don't Ever Forget
27. Inflicting Torment
28. Reliving Time
29. Carnival Games
30. Gnawing Remorse
31. Such a Thin Line
32. To Trust or To Not Trust
33. Exposed Facade
34. Dear Diary
35. Perfectly Addicted
36. A Cruel Tease
37. A Ballerina's Melody
38. Little Escapades
39. A Violent Waltz
40. An Abyss of Death
41. Strangers In Blood
43. A Heavy Mind or Heart?
44. Thrones of Lust
45. The Pits of Hell
46. A Death's Siren's Cry
47. Origins of Hearts
EPILOGUE

42. Divulging In Candor

27 3 0
hcvwritess

Rhea

Lies.

Lies.

Lies.

My childhood was composed of lies. My parents aren't who I thought they were. But how could I?

How could I think my parents were these innocent beings who had done nothing wrong?

They were king and queen for fucking sakes. They had a duty to their citizens, to me, to their home.

How could I pretend that the possibility of them being murderers was nonexistent? How could I believe that when killing was so easy for me?

The pleasure I felt.

God. That pleasure, that bliss of seeing each body drop in front of me, to my feet? It's ecstatic, like electricity flowing through my veins in the best way possible.

If it's so easy for me, so desirable to me, then why wouldn't it be for them? To know they were protecting theirs, that's all that mattered to them.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, does it?

"Like I said, it's odd that these documents were hidden. If my parents knew the truth, why wouldn't they expose yours?" The blonde boy sits in front of me, his features of a prince, but his clothes representing the teenager he is.

I sigh, looking at the forged signatures once again, "I don't know. This entire situation is off."

I grab another envelope, rectangle photos inside.

I flip through the photos, looking for anything I'm missing, something to connect the dots.

Liam and I have been going through boxes of files, anything to connect our parents together.

"Wait, stop," Liam snatches a photo from my hand.

"What?"

"I know them," he breathes. He turns the photograph to me, holding it between his fingers. The picture is of Allen's grandparents. Anne and Beckett Henderson, or should I say Darius and Valera Dixon.

"How?"

His eyes lock on mine, confusion laced all throughout. "I met them when I was, I don't know six maybe seven? My mom, she introduced them to me, saying that they were her parents, my grandparents."

Time stands still for me. Everything I've ever thought get thrown out the window. Identities of people I know, gone.

Allen's grandparents, are Liam's grandparents.

And if you know how a family tree works, then that means they're related. And if Allen is who I think he is. Then this changes everything.

This means that Allen wasn't just my best friend, he wasn't just my royal guard, he wasn't someone who's grandparents worked for my enemies. No. Instead, he could be my enemies son.

Emery Campbell's son.

Liam's brother.

"Are you sure?" I ask, hesitant, scared of the answer.

He nods, completely uncomfortable.

"Could he be- is Allen my brother?"

I look at the boy before me, just seventeen years old. "I don't know," I breathe.

__

I lift my hand, knocking just three times before the door opens. Elijah stands there, practically naked.

A towel wrapped around his hips, droplets of water trailing down his abs, his v-line completely visible. My eyes are making their way down his body, exploring him and I'm not even ashamed. The sight before me is unholy.

His wet hair dripping, his smirk too proud, too cocky. His eyes full of desire. My ego couldn't be farther from my mind right now.

"Hello to you too," he chuckles, leaning against the door frame.

Good god, that does something to me. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I clear my throat, "Can we talk?"

All his cockiness is out of the window, his smirk diminished, and his eyes harsh. He straightens himself, opening the door for me. "Of course," he reassures me.

I walk in, making my way to his bed. I sigh, sitting down on the edge.

He shuts the door, walking over until he stops before me.

I watch him lower to his knees, looking up at me. He takes hold of my hands, gently rubbing circles on my skin with his thumbs. "What is it?"

His eyes are a cage. Locking me into him, forcing me to be honest, to be vulnerable. I couldn't look away even if I wanted to.

"I think Allen is Emery's son," I blurt out.

He stills, his thumbs stop circling me, and he stares. Nothing leaves his mouth but his eyes are searching mine.

"I found pictures of Allen's grandparents, Liam saw them and he said-"

I stop, looking down at our hands.

He continues his movements, urging me to continue. "He said that Darius and Valera are his grandparents, that they're Emery's parents."

He sighs, placing a light kiss on my hand, "How do you feel about this?"

I look up at his ceiling, breathing gently. "I don't know."

"Yes you do, don't lie to yourself. How do you feel, Windsor?"

My eyes fall to his again, "Hurt."

"Why?"

"Because, he isn't who I thought he was. Fucking shit, he could be a queen's son. My enemies son. My best friend's possible mom is the one person I fucking hate. I resent her and Alexander, I want them dead, and I want it to be by my hand."

He nods, "Rightfully so too. They killed your parents, and whether Allen knew that or not, he isn't here anymore. He can't dictate your decisions anymore because you're alive and unfortunately he isn't. You either wait to be killed by them, or you kill them."

I sigh, nodding, "I know, it's just, my parents killed his grandparents, and now I'm going to kill his mom? What if Alexander is his father?"

"It can't change anything, Rhea, because your hate for them? That need for revenge? It isn't going to go away because you found this out. Emery and Alexander aren't going to back off because you suddenly have a change of heart for their possible dead son," he states.

I know he's right.

I don't want to hurt Allen. But he isn't here anymore.

I can't pretend that this information suddenly changed my views on them. I fucking hate them. No part of me wants them alive and Allen can't change that.

I'm not that little girl anymore. The one who holds back myself for others. Who worries what others think. I can't be her anymore because my life isn't just on the line, it's Elijah's, Dal's, Bellie's, my citizen's, and even Liam.

Oh god. Liam.

I know he said he's with me, for me, but is he?

Is he really okay with standing with me? Knowing that I want to kill his parents? Because I won't stop, not for anyone. I have one goal, and it's my heart beating while theirs doesn't.

"What do I do about Liam?" I ask.

Understanding immediately settles in Elijah's eyes, "Talk to him, be completely honest with him."

I nod, feeling odd.

I look over, seeing a newspaper on Elijah's nightstand. A picture of me, wide and bold on the front page. The headline 'Queen Rhea Windsor's first public appearance in months since inheritance!'

"Oh, yeah, I was reading that, sorry," his eyes stuck on the paper.

"It's fine, I should be used to seeing those, but it's been a while."

He lifts himself up, grabbing the paper and throws it in the trash can in his bathroom.

"You didn't have to do that," I look up at him.

"You shouldn't be uncomfortable in my bedroom," he grins.

I laugh, "Oh, is that right?"

He nods, gently holding himself over me as he leans me back. His lips clash over mine, taking me, devouring me. His hands trail up my neck, gripping my jaw as he leaves kisses down my throat.

"Go out there and show them the kind of queen you are," he mutters into my skin.

__

I make my entrance into my great hall. Occupied chairs are lined up, camera's flashing left and right, questions from hungry voices are chanting, as I stand at a podium.

I breathe in and out, waiting for the chatter to die down.

"I would like to thank each and every one of you for coming here today. For those at home watching right now, I thank you for taking your time to listen," I start.

"As everyone here knows, I am Rhea Windsor, Queen of Ovantasa."

More flashes, blinding me.

I focus on my words, until I see Elijah leaning on a wall in the back, Dal, Liam, Bellie, all watching me discreetly.

My nerves settle, and my voice becomes firm.

"I know everyone has questions about my absence, and today I'm here to answer your thoughts."

"Former king and queen Christopher and Grace Windsor's death was unexpected, and illustrated to the public as a mishap, a rough thunderstorm, and a dangerous night to be on sea. But I'm here to inform you the truth."

Each face before me contorts into confusion, cameras lined up, zooming in on me, my words, eager to hear my statement.

"The king and queen's death was not an accident. They were assassinated."

Gasps, shouts, flashes are echoing through the hall. Questions are being thrown at me.

I raise my hands, making a lowering gesture. The voices drown out and they're hanging on my words.

"The past couple of months, I have been investigating their death, I have been informed that-" I look at Liam, he nods, "King Alexander, and Queen Emery Campbell of Aepresea are responsible for their deaths."

The chants begin, the shock of people clear.

I continue, "Alexander and Emery have covered their death up as an accident. But I now know the truth, and so do you. This shows an act of war. A threat to our home. To not only myself, but you as well."

Silence.

"I understand the worries you may have regarding this information, therefore, I leave this decision to the Aepresean King and Queen. This message is to Alexander and Emery Campbell. I'm hosting a public ball on September third, at eight o'clock p.m. If you attend, as well as publicly admit to your wrongdoings, apologize and compensate for damages, then I will not declare war on your kingdom."

Chatter sounds once again.

"There is no need for families to lose their beloveds, and our kingdoms to be at odds. This choice is entirely yours," I end my speech.

"Your Majesty!"

"Do you really want your first act as queen to declare war on another kingdom?"

My voice stays strong, firm, commanding, "The choice isn't mine to decide, it's theirs."

I turn around, leaving the podium, the questions, the cameras, and into a hallway as I shut the doors behind me.

Two of my soldiers are standing against the walls, nodding to me.

I walk past them and to my office.

Within minutes the door barges open, four perplexed faces stare back at me.

"I thought you wanted them dead? Will you really forgive them if they comply?" Dal asks, watching me.

I smile, coldly, "I want nothing more than to take their life," I look at Liam, then back to Dal, "Don't underestimate their ego. It's precisely that, that will get them killed. I'm betting on it."

_______________________

I hope you enjoyed!

:)

-hc <3

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

A Touch of Thorns :)

Любовные романы

273 33 13
Princess Vivienne Sinclair, heir to the throne of Aveloria, was accustomed to the weight of responsibility that draped her slender shoulders. Her ele...
Childhood Sweethearts Lauren Jackson

Подростковая литература

20.5M 346K 42
#1 Teen Fiction | #1 Young Adult | #1 Romance "We all need someone to drive us mad." - The Wombats. He stared arrogantly down at me, a smirk plaste...
9.6K 211 13
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...
149 6 4
Vincent For so long, my power has existed to be absolute. Unchallenged. I've always aimed for complete control and won't settle for anything less. Un...