Teri Lakeerein

By Erzadragneell

Tu haathon main toh hai mere, Hai kyun nahi lakeeron main... Ye kesa tera ishq hai... Saajna... ~~~~~~~~ SHO... More

Peep into Author's head
1. Her
2. And Her
3. They Meet
4. About Her
5. Her Case
6. They meet again
7. Her Duty
8. Her Search
9. Third time's the Charm
Peep into Author's head II
11. She visits Her
12. Strategies and Musings
13. Case Closed
14. Start of Something New
15. Holi Special
16. Closer
17. The bank robbery
18. The Formal(Tea)
19. The Hiccup
20. Tera Sahara
21. With you, in delight

10. Entanglement

309 55 6
By Erzadragneell

Haseena's eyes opened to an unfamiliar smell and scratchy throat, and when she tried to move her body, she felt a resistance and her gaze shifted to find a drip attached to the back of her left hand.

Sitting up slowly then, she raised her free fingers to comb her wayward hair and felt them brush against coarse gauze, sending a sizzle of ache through her head.

Haseena winced and with that, broken flashback started pouring in.

She remembered the scuffle, being hit on the head....rescuing Suresh and then-

That's where her memory ended.

Her parched throat demanded attention again and breaking away from her headspace, Haseena reached out for the glass kept on the side table on her right side, her eyes finding her trio, fast asleep on the sofa.

Haseena smiled. Santosh's head was supported against Pushpaji's shoulder while Cheetah's head was lolling back and forth mid-air.

Her gaze went to the wall clock then. It was 10.17 AM.

She started looking for her phone soon after, and during the time, the gate to the room creaked open and a nurse walked in.

"Oh, kesa lag raha hai aapko?"

Haseena nodded as the nurse checked her drip bag and moved away.

"Main doctor ko inform karti hu".

While the nurse walked out of the room, Cheetah's eyes fluttered open and as he saw his senior sitting awake, he immediately jumped to his feet.

"Maddam sir! Aap theek hain?!"

Haseena gestured him to tone down his voice, looking at the still sleeping duo and he nodded.

"Hum theek hain cheetah. Humara phone kahan hai?"

"Ji, ye..." In response, Cheetah's hand went in his pocket and pulling it out, he gave it to her.

As soon as the phone was in her grasp, Haseena immediately decided to make a call to DSP sir.

"Jai Hind sir".

"Jai hind, Haseena Malik. Kesi hain aap? Hum jab aapko dekhne aae thhe aap so rahi thi", her senior replied from the other end.

"Poochne ke lie shukriya sir. Hum theek hain. Sir humein SI Suresh ke baare main poochna tha", Her gaze flitted to Cheetah who was still standing by her side, his expressions strained.

"Ji, hum samajh rahe hain. SI Suresh kafi buri haalat main thhe toh filhal wo bhi aapke hi hospital main bharti hain. Lekin aap chinta na karein, humne aapke bheje hue bank records cross verify karwae aur jaisa aap soch rahi thi, wo jo chaar transactions do mahine pehle hui thi, unka source dhang se trace nahi ho paya hai".

"Then there is a chance that SI Suresh was involved in the triple murders?"

"Possible hai, SHO Malik".

Haseena breathed in deeply, faintly recalling a team holding a trophy. "Sir, hum chahte hain ki yeh case hum handle karein"

"I knew it that you will ask for this case. You have my permission. As soon as you get discharged, you can have custody of Suresh".

"Thank you, sir".

"Chaliye aap khayaal rakhiye. And congratulations on your success".

"Shukriya sir. Jai Hind".

Placing the phone near the pillow, Haseena was finally bombarded by Pushpa ji and Santosh who had been woken up moments before and had been impatiently, trying to mind the decorum when their seniors were in a conversation.

"Aapne toh hamari jaan hi nikaal di thi!" Pushpa ji said with a crying face and Haseena pulled at her ear in apology.

"Aise kese Pushpaji. Nikle aapke dushmano ki jaan. Abhi aapki umra hi kya hai!"

Pushpa ji feigned offence at the remark before her face broke into a smile.

"Maddam sir, aap ab theek hain toh zara bataiye na ki action scene main kya hua tha?" Santosh asked excitedly, and Haseena started to narrate the events, her hands moving to mimic actions.

Mid-narration, however, a hazy face popped into her head before snippets of a woman resurfaced, who had fought alongside her, in that godown.

'Aap theek ho jaengi, Inspector Sahiba'

.

.

'Same here, Inspector Sahiba'

She recalled a hand being forwarded as she placed the rose in it.

And realization dawned.

Haseena realized that a woman who she had crossed paths with, not long ago; a certain Ms. Singh had been the one to rescue her, tend to her and later guard her in the godown too.

What a list of coincidences their meetings were!

Face lighting up, she turned to Cheetah. "Cheetah Chaturvedi?"

Cheetah jumped uncharacteristically in response and her eyes narrowed.

"Aap theek hain? Aap ajeeb sa behave kar rahein hain", She made an observation, and he shook his head in negative.

"Hum theek hai, maddam sir", he smiled, and it didn't reach her.

"Nahi kuch toh baat hai", Haseena turned to Pushpa ji then, "Aap bataiye kya hua inhe?"

"Maddam sir, cheetah ko bura lag raha hai ki ye aapko wahan factory main akela chhod aaya tha".

Haseena turned to Cheetah and on finding his face downcast, she shook her head.

"That was my order, cheetah. Aapko guilty feel karne ki zaroorat nahi hai".

"Nahi, maddam sir. Aapne meri bhalai ke liye order de diya, par main aapka sath dene ke liye uss order ko taal nahi paya", he retorted, deeply ashamed.

Haseena sighed, "Hamari taraf dekhiye pehle".

And as he did that, she added, "Aap agar uss samay hamara order taal dete toh ho sakta hai ki aaj, iss waqt hum dono ki jaan khatre main hoti. Aur aapne hi toh humein bachaya hai. Aap aae thhe wapis".

"Lekin aapko kitni chhot lag chuki thi. Aur agar humein madad nahi milti, yaa deri ho jati toh pata nahi aap-

His voice choked and Cheetah looked away.

"Cheetah aap-

"H-Hum doctor ko bhejte hain", Saying that, he turned and rushed out of the room.

Haseena looked helplessly at the two woman and Santosh spoke up, "Main samjhaungi usse, madam. Aap tension mat lo".

Haseena smiled thankfully and recalled the woman, that she was about to forget yet again.

"Ms Sing--humare sath kya koi aur ladki aayi thi kya? Lagbhag 5'3 and-

"Ji madam", Santosh interrupted, "Raat main toh wo yahan thi. Vese mujhe laga nahi tha ki vo aapki madad kar sakti hain kyuki last time kya-kya bol rahi thi aapke baare main".

One brow rising quizzically, Haseena asked, "Acha? Kya bol rahi thi?"

"Yahi ki aapne unse ris-

But Santosh Sharma's tale was left hanging as the doctor walked in, followed by Cheetah.

However, before the door closed, Haseena caught a glimpse of the woman in question, standing in front of the door.

"Haseena ji, kesa feel kar rahi hain aap?"

Turning towards doctor then, Haseena replied, "Behtar".

"Aapka CT scan and MRI sab normal aaya hai. Luckily there is no internal injury. Aapke jo stitches hain, wo irritate ho sakte hain, toh aap bas samay par dawai lene ka dhyaan rakhiyega".

"Ji, bilkul. Toh kya hum discharge ho sakte hain?"

He laughed, "Of course! Who am I to stand in the way of Haseena Malik's duty!"

"Main papers prepare karwata hu", And as the doctor walked out, Cheetah accompanied him, and Haseena yet again caught glimpse of Karishma.

"Santosh, Ms. Singh is waiting outside. Unhe andar bhejiye".

Santosh nodded and walked out, followed by Pushpa ji. And a minute later, as the door was pushed in, Karishma stepped inside, her eyes immediately finding Haseena's.

The familiar smile that came Karishma's way instantly eased her of a load, that had been weighing down on her since she had first found Haseena today.

"Kesi hain aap?" She asked, her steps halting about a foot from her.

"Durust hain hum. All thanks to you. Ye karz toh hum zindagi bhar nahi utaar payenge".

Karishma shook her head vehemently, "Isme karj ka kya baat hai. Hum aapka jaan bacha sake, bas vahi bahot hai hamare liye".

Haseena's smile widened at her modesty. Haseena couldn't remember the last time she had met someone so pleasant, so comfortable, so humble.

"Ms. Singh, hamare liye toh aap farishte se kam nahi hain. Warna log madad ki chahat rakhkar bhi uspar amal nahi kar paate. Shayad hi koi, police aur gundo ke chakkar main fasna chahe. Lekin aap aayi, hamari help ke liye. So, thank you".

Karishma nodded, breaking the eye contact. Was it bad, that looking into Inspector's eyes made her feel self-conscious.

"Vese, kya hum jaan sakte hain ki aap uss samay waha kya kar rahi thi?"

"Farishta kehkar, shaq kar rahi hain humpar?" Karishma retorted as Haseena's eyes widened.

"Nahi. Sorry. Hamara woh matlab nahi tha. Sawal karna fitratan hai, irada nahi tha hamara!"

A smile tugged at Karishma's lips seeing Haseena flustered. Afterall, why should she be the one to be stunned always.

"Hamare dadda ka factory bhi uss ilaake main hai. Toh wahin se wapis aa rahe thhe, jab constable ji mile".

"Oh, aap business karti hain. Laga nahi tha", Haseena remarked.

"Par humko aisa lagta hai ki aap humein judge bahot karti hain. Aapko vishwas hai aap daroga hi hain?" Karishma spoke monotonously.

Worried that she had offended Karishma, Haseena was about to defend herself when she noticed a glint in those dark eyes and Haseena smirked.

"Bas yu samajh lijiye ki humein parakh hai logon ki. Business karne wale log kafi cunning hote hain. Aap humein kafi simple-minded si lagti hain, like jo dil main wahi zubaan par".

Karishma's eyes blew wide at that, and Haseena broke into a hearty laughter at her expressions.

"As I said, definitely not a businesswoman".

"Kaahe?" Karishma waited for Haseena's laughter to subside and as Haseena's eyes met hers, Karishma almost stumbled hearing the words that followed.

"Bahot shor karti hain".

Quizzically, Karishma stared at Haseena whose smile softened.

"Aapki aankhein, Ms Singh".

Karishma felt a lurch in her chest and her ears grew warm with immediate effect.

Her hands flew to cover her ears, that she was sure were reddening as they would whenever she was embarrassed.

Haseena looked away realizing Karishma's embarrassment, hiding the smile on her lips behind her palms. She still, however, stole a glance from the corner of her eyes, and was once again reminded of a penguin.

Gandhiji ka penguin.

In green pathani and jeans.

Controlling her grin into one of limits then, she turned to Karishma and broke the silence. Karishma was as young as Santosh. Barely a sapling.

"Maaf kijiyega agar aapko hamari baat ka bura laga ho. Hum bas mazaak kar rahe thhe. Tahe dil se aapke shukraguzaar hain, toh aapko agar kabhi bhi madad ki zaroorat ho, toh pata toh hai hi aapke paas".

Having regained her composure, Karishma looked at Haseena and decided to take her leave. But then she remembered something.

"Aapko agar theek lage toh, hum aapko lallan thakur ke baare main jankari de sakte hain".

Surprise colored Haseena's face at that information and she looked at Karishma intently, curiously.

"Humein gyaat hai ki vo karkhaana thakur ka hai. Hamare dadda, aur lallan thakur ke pitaji ghanisht mitra hua karte thhe. Toh ho sakta hai ki kuch jankari mil jaaye".

"That's so helpful of you, Ms. Singh".

With that said, Haseena extended out her palm in demand and Karishma blinked at it in confusion.

Was she asking for a handshake?

Haseena smiled at the confusion reflecting on her face, "Phone dijiye. Hum apna contact feed kar dete hain"

"Oh", and Karishma closed the distance between them giving her phone to Haseena.

"Ye lijiye", Haseena handed the device back and Karishma looked at the contact saved as 'Haseena Malik' and nodded.

"Kuch pata chalte hi sampark karte hain. Chalte hain, Inspector Sahiba".

Haseena smiled brilliantly at the reference, " Humein intezaar rahega, Ms. Singh".

And Karishma exited the room wondering how a smile could be so radiant.

So effortless.

And flawless.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67.3K 7.8K 44
PROLOGUE A twisted love story of KARISHMA SINGH and HASEENA MALIK which begins with the immense hatred in their hearts for each other. Both of them...
73.2K 8.3K 50
This is a story about two police officers who fell in love but didn't realise their feelings for the longest time. This is a story about the love the...
53.6K 4.5K 26
This story is About KarEena ❤️ IN THIS STORY : HASEENA MALLIK is newly transferred SHO.. who is apprehensive... Doesn't enjoy her life just live... s...
53.2K 3.6K 25
Anubhav is son of a rich businessman and DSP of Lucknow .Although his family requested him to join the family business he denied as he wanted to get...