Heart of a Dragon (A Hiccup x...

By KingAnoniMus23

Mix Viking Blood and Sports, you get the most competitive, enthusiastic, and unforgiving group of scary peopl... More

Chapter 1: Where It All Starts
Chapter 2: An Old Friend
Chapter 3: Meeting the Hoffersons
Chapter 4: Justin?
Chapter 5: The Place my Mom and Dad Built
Chapter 6: The First Day of High School
Chapter 7: Welcome to THE PIT
Chapter 8: The Nickname
Chapter 9: The Girl on the Court
Chapter 11: The Brave, Fearless, and Beautiful
Chapter 12: Hard Cold Truth
Chapter 13: Eye for an Eye
Chapter 14: A Furry Mediator
Chapter 15: The Night Fury VS The Valkyrie
Chapter 16: It's Lunch, Not a Date
Chapter 17: It's just a Message
Chapter 18: Training Session
Chapter 19: Snap! I got Snapped
Chapter 20: A Misunderstanding
Chapter 21: Dating? Us?
Chapter 22: How to be a Fake Boyfriend
Chapter 23: Milady
Chapter 24: Headband
Chapter 25: Smooth Sailing
Chapter 26: Leave It All on the Line
Chapter 27: The Birth of the New Dragons
Chapter 28: First One Who Misses Lose
Chapter 29: A Kiss
Chapter 30: I Dare You
Chapter 31: Lie or Half Truth
Chapter 32: Sudden Invitation
Chapter 33: The Obsessive Self - Entitled Jerk
Chapter 34: Pressure is On
Chapter 35: It's GAMEDAY!
Chapter 36: The Debut
Chapter 37: Superstar in the Making
Chapter 38: A Bet is a Bet
Chapter 39: For the Win
Chapter 40: Getting Interviewed

Chapter 10: The Valkyrie

47 1 0
By KingAnoniMus23

"Astrid Hofferson..." I read it again since I couldn't believe it was her who I saw last night, it came to mind but it's been years since I last saw her so I wasn't really sure, people change take me as an example. 

I ate my burger and soda while staring at her banner, I'm not gonna a lie but she's really beautiful. I shook my head and tried to thinking of a way to escape this predicament I was in. 

"I just hope she didn't find my notebook or it will be a very awkward reunion." I mumbled to myself. 

I was planning to go back to my class when something caught my eye, just a couple of feet from where I was currently standing was her, "Astrid." I whispered under my breath, I tried looking for any other way but it was a hallway, the only ways were forward or backward. 

But I realized that, "She don't know what I look like and I'm not even sure if she really is the one who found my notebook so let's not jump the gun immediately and do anything stupid." I slowly lessen the distance between me and her.

I acted normally as I can but I felt that I was doing the opposite. I was fidgety and I can feel the sweat forming on my forehead.

She was standing with other girls by the door of one of the classrooms, I walked straight without looking around because I don't want to make eye contact with her.

I was about to passed by her current location when I just shifted my sight ever-so-slightly to the side and to my horror, she was already looking at me. 

Our eyes met and I saw her eyebrows furrow a little, I immediately returned my look forward and I continued walking.

I managed to reach my classroom without any more trouble, I was satring at the clock at the front of the class while I was thinking of Astrid when I saw a very serious Fishlegs entered with heavy footsteps, he looked at me like I did something despicable.

He went towards my direction, not breaking eye contact and when he reached my desk, he slammed his hand hard, "YOU!" he shouted and I was anticipating him lifting me by the collars, "Thank you!" he followed with now a huge smile on his face.

I raised my eyebrow, "Huh?" I was so confused, "Are you okay? Did you hit your head or something?" I continued, "You won't believe who talked to me. She actually talked to me." he said happily, "Okay? Who talked to you and... what does this have do with me?" I asked, "You wouldn't believe this." he said, "Okay, stop with the dramatic pauses and just spit it out." I told him, "Alright. Astrid actually talked to me. I couldn't remember the last time we talk or even acknowledge each other." he was really elated while I felt my heart dropped down to my stomach.

"W-what did she say?" I asked nervously, "Funny that you asked, she asked if I was from Class 10-C and if I were classmates with you." he answered, "I didn't know she knew you were back. I thought you two never met since coming back here." he wondered. 

"What did you say?" I asked, "Of course, I said yes." he replied, I facepalmed myself, "She told me to tell you that she wants to talk to you later after classes at the Men's Basketball Gym, if possible." he added, I didn't say anything, "I feel like she wants to catch up with you." he followed, "I... I doubt that." I said in reply.

"She really did find my notebook. I'm so dead." I told myself. "You're so lucky, man. And thanks to you, I had the opportunity to talked to her again." I heard Fishlegs say but I didn't react because I was already thinking of the possible outcomes of the oncoming interaction.

I kept looking at the clock, hoping for it to go a bit slower but it didn't and so the class ended on time.

My other classmates started leaving while I was still slowly packing my things but I can see Fishlegs practically jumping in happiness and he's very excited.

"Are you ready yet?" he asked for the fifth time, "Come on! We can't make Astrid wait." he followed, "Do you remember the ass-whooping we got when we were late for her birthday by just a few minutes?" he added, "I could take the ass-whooping but the silent stare that she does when we were young. Just thinking about it makes my skin crawl." I thought, "All right... All right..."I said in defeat, Fishlegs was practically pulling me towards the gym

When the gym was coming to sight I can make out the figure of a person standing by the door, "Look Hiccup, she's waiting for us." Fishlegs happily stated, I just got more nervous as closer as we get, Fishlegs was waving his hand while I hid behind his huge body frame.

We arrived in front the gym, "Hello Astrid." Fishlegs greeted, "Hey Fishlegs. Is it okay to still call you that?" I heard her ask, "Of course." he replied, "Nice to see you again." Astrid added, "Hey, Why are you hiding behind my back?" Fishlegs whispered.

I took a deep breath before stepping out from behind his back, "Hey." I greeted while scratching the back of my neck, she was wearing a light blue hoodie, jeans, and her blonde hair was neatly braided and set along her shoulders.

"All right. I have done my job so I'll be leaving now. Nice seeing you, Astrid. Hiccup, see you at 'THE PIT' if you can make it." he winked at me before walking away, I looked at him and he just gave me a smile like he was teasing me.

"Hiccup? Are you really Hiccup?" I heard her ask, "Uh... Yeah... The one and only." I said in a very awkward way, "How long has it been since we saw each other?" she asked, "Too long..." I joked but stopped when I saw her serious expression.

"I'm dead." I thought, "Do you remember me?" she asked, "O-Of course. Plus the huge banner hanging in front of your gym, makes it impossible to forget you." I remarked, she smiled, "Can we talk?" she asked and I nodded.

"Let's go inside." she suggested and I followed her inside, still not establishing any eye contact.

"Since you mention our gym, have you been there before?" she asked, "I immediately knew what she was asking about." I said to myself, thinking of how to answer.

"I'm sorry." I just blurted out, I saw her look at me, "Because... I know why you were looking for me." I told her, "I'm really sorry if I offended you in any way because of what I did." I continued and she didn't say anything and took something from inside her bag.

"I think this is yours." she gave me the notebook I was missing, "I'm sorry. I'll let myself out." I told her.

I was about to walk out when I suddenly hear her say, "It's nice seeing you again, Hiccup.", I looked back and I saw her smiling at me.

I felt my heart skipped a beat, "Uh... Uhm..." I stammered in saying, "The feeling is mutual." I managed to say, "I'm sorry about Aunt Valka." she said, "Thank you." I thanked her and an awkward silence engulfed the room in an instant.

I couldn't think of anything to say. Back when we were kids, me and her could talk for hours about anything but right at this moment, I was tongue-tied. 

"I heard from my mom that you play basketball." Astrid broke the silence, "Yeah... I do but I'm not as good as you." I replied, "Have you seen me play before?", "Not yet but the way Uncle Agnar and Aunt Asdis told stories of you, I figure that you're really good.",  "You want to play?" she asked, I was wide-eyed when she asked me that question.

"R-really?" I muttered, "Just like when we were kids." she recalled, "If you want to." I replied, "I wouldn't ask if I didn't want to play." she told me as she put down her bag and pulled off her hoodie, I immediately divert my eyes and turned around.

"Are you sure about this?" I wanted to make sure, "Are you concerned because I'm a girl?" she looked at me with furrowed brows, "NO! NO! NO! I didn't mean it in that way. I just want to make sure that it's alright for you to play against me, I mean you're the 'Valkyrie'. I don't know what they'll do to me if you get hurt or injured." I said waving my hands frantically in front of me to trying to save myself and her expression eased up.

I heard her laugh, "It's okay. I'm just kidding. I can handle myself. If I was you, I'll be more worried about myself because that banner is hanging there for a reason. Just don't cry when I beat you." she said full of confidence and I believe her because I never beat her once but that statement just lit up my competitive spirit, "Alright. Let's play." I removed my hoodie and changed shoes.

I was watching her putting up some shots, I started stretching my joints before I reached the court, and as soon as I got foot in beyond the line, she threw the ball hard at my direction.

I looked at her and she was just showing me a smile, "You can have the first possession." I passed her back the ball, "Ladies first." I continued and she just smiled, I went to a defense stance and she pulled up for a three point shot.

I reacted a bit late and she has already released the ball, I knew that it was in as soon as she released it and it swished, "1 - 0" she commented while doing a one - zero gesture with his hands, I smiled as I checked the ball and she started dribbling and I played a bit of a tight defense, she tried cross-overing me but I got a hand on the ball, tapping it behind her and I was able to steal it.

I swiped my hand on the soles of my shoes then wiped my hands on my shirt before making my move, I dribbled towards the right and she was able to keep up and stuck to me like glue, I tried changing my direction by dribbling between-my-legs to the left when she shifted too, I spun back towards the right leaving her at the left and I pulled up for a jumper, swish. "1 - 1" I told her, doing the one - one gesture with my hands and she smiled at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

275K 3.5K 50
If you love Hiccstrid oneshots then you should definitely read! Disclaimer: Any media contained in this book DO NOT belong to me! ☆☆☆WARNING! THIS BO...
709K 16.3K 57
It's the story of a young Viking. Actually, he isn't that young anymore. He's 23 years old now. His name is Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III. 8 years ag...
35.8K 911 14
It's been five years since Hiccup changed the minds of Berk, and everyone is happier for it. It's a more peaceful way of life, and it opens the doors...
1.7K 87 23
HTTYD AU Astrid Hofferson has been training her whole life for this day. She is going to be given her first assignment and begin her legacy as a fie...