Will a pretty face make it be...

By Wandabeast123

A story of a girl named Sunny Bloom who dreamed of being a princess once she joined the beauty contest. Unfor... More

Chapter one: Dirty clean confession
Chapter 3: Monstrous assistant
Chapter 4: Opportunity

Chapter two: Injustice rights

16 0 0
By Wandabeast123

Dear diary,

The melancholy voice echoed from the radio I have been listening to. Listening to the sound of the beautiful rhythm, expanded my interest in music. It managed to mitigate my anxiety, soothing my eardrums as if I was living in the fantasy world. Well, I hope I am not alone in doing this kind of thing, because I found this pretty interesting.

It was sunny day like my name. I was waiting for my package to be received. Yes, I did order and purchased a bunch of brand-new makeups called Anna sui.

"Sunny, will you help mama to take out the laundry because I have got so many things to be settled."

I shifted my sight to Rose. "Are you serious? I have done my chores before. Now, it is definitely your turn and not mine." Can you believe her? She loves to demand me with everything that she thinks that a little burden for her. Rose rolled her eyes, manipulated the situation as if I was the one who's to blame here.

"You know me, I have to prepare myself for my next national beauty contest. I have no time for those insignificant chores. I can't keep my hands dirty. Plus, I make money here, not you." I scrunched my nose, gesturing that I am sick of her pathetic excuse.  However, she is right about one thing though. She made money being a model in a beauty contest since she was just a child.

That's why I want to be a model so badly. 'Beauty Contest Queen.' It has always been my dream to join. Thus, my greatest idol is going to be Sarah Quinn! She is so stunning and effortlessly beautiful! Despite the beauty, she has the most wanted brain that everyone loves. Most of the girls want to be like her and I am one of them! Want me to show the picture? Of course I will!

**This is Sarah Quinn. She is one of the greatest model queens in the beauty contest. She got a variety of talents to be shown on the media entertainment. One of her greatest talent is singing. Her singing skills are on god level! Everyone seems to be head over heels on her hit songs! Despite the talents, she deserves to be categorised as the beauty with brain. She never ignored her education, and educate people to change their perspective and mindsets to set up our goals and never betrayed your education. 'Educated people are expensive."

• Hit songs

•Her solo (Sarah Quinn)
Sunny's idol!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Excuse me, I have never asked for an amount of cash or even a single penny of yours for me to purchase the thing I desire to have!" I was right about that thing. I have never used her money for my necessity. "Mom!"
Of course, she would call mama for her self defence.

Mother came with her sewing tools, with a frustrated look. "Will you please just listen to your sister, at once? Go and do the chores and stop whining." It was not fair that she put every right on Rose although she's wrong. I refused. "mama, she can't possibly just skip her obligation at will. She has to be responsible as well." Mother shook her head with reluctantly. "Sunny, she is different."
I sighed with confusion with my mother's perspective.

What does she mean about "she's different?" All I can see is a spoiled blondie brat that gets what she wanted. "You have to understand that Rose has so many obligation to reach her beautiful career. She needs to focus on her national. We have to support whatever she wants, she needs it."

I couldn't believe that mama would say such things as if I was no use for her. I am her daughter too. "Mama, I have to wait for my makeup package and it says it will be here soon." Mother did not seem to convince with my excuse. She glared at me and said,"go and take out the laundry."

"But mama, with this makeup, I will reach my goals to be the greatest model in this industry. Therefore, I will use up my talents and join the beauty contest and be as great as Rose..." I attempted myself to convince her once again with so much enthusiasm. I want her to believe that I will achieve my dream to become one.

I heard a slight chuckle came out from Rose's mouth. Unfortunately, mother chuckled along with her. What's so funny? I didn't make up jokes. I was confused by the situation. They weren't supposed to laugh over my dream. "Why are you laughing? I didn't make up any jokes.

Rose grasped my shoulders abruptly. "I think it's much more suitable for you to be a stand up comedian."
I tilted my head over the right side. " Pardon, I don't want to be a comedian. I want to be a model like you..." She couldn't hold her laughter afterwards and began to speak.
"Sunny, you are hideous. That's the truth." I was shocked and speechless over her statements "Beauty does not define only by our features, but it defines from heart!" I defended my answer because I think that her perspective of was not accurate and illogical at all.

"Honey, your sister is right, if you don't fulfill the beauty standards, you'll never going to have a chance there." Her statements managed to shatter my heart because I expected her to believe in me.

"Mama, why do you say such things like that? Mama, I have talents, I am a good dancer, I am a good singer and I am very excellent in arts. Makeup has always been my passion to do. Look, I have ever won makeup contest!" I paused and handed the certificate just to remind her about her winning.
"Yeah, second place is unfortunate." Mother agreed with Rose.

" The thing is, I need your support too if I ever have a chance to join the event like you support Rose." I added so she would be more convinced, but more sound like begging.
A loud sigh came out from my mother's  lungs. Her face did not seem to take my words. My brown eyes shifted to Rose who was slurping her milk tea.

"Frankly, it's just your features not attractive enough to compete against other models." I tried to explain again but she stopped me. "Enough, Sunny! The thing is, you are not the chosen one but Rose! Can't you just accept the fact that you are not good enough?  You are ugly!" I was stunned. There was no way for me to convince or even melt her cold heart. It was hard to hear that from her, from my own mother. Her words cut deeper than a knife. A mother was supposed to support and love children, but why cannot I receive that kind of love and affection from my own mother? She's a mother, am I right?

I decided to take out the laundry instead. My lips were too numb to even speak and argue. No one believed in me and my goals. Sweeping off the floor in order to wait for my package to arrived. My eardrums could sense a honk sound from the outside. I walked outside the door and accepted my package. I did not seem as happier as I was before. Before the horrible disdain.

"Kring! Kring! Kring!" I took out my cellphone of my pocket and checked out who was it. It was Meera Angelina.!Meera has always been my best friend ever since we were in the kindergarten. We are so close like a real bond sisters!
I think I shall reveal her face here, since you are reading my journal!

**Meera Angelina, she is one of my only best friend I could have ever asked for. The fact is, we have got a lot of things in common like a twin soul sister. We love to talk about our favorite idol since her idol is same as mine. Sarah Quinn! She is one of the strongest girls I have ever met since I saw her in the taekwondo tournaments. She got the skills that enable her to defeat her opponents. Other than that, we have the same ambition to be the best model in the world. We have promised to tend ourselves to be successful together.**

Meera Angelina's hobbies

•Workout

• martial arts

• singing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hello? I managed to answer her call with joy, since she is the only person that is able to make me feel safe and sound. "Sunny! Ahhh!!" I could hear her screaming in joy which slightly hurt my eardrums. There must be something good happening to her right now.

"Guess what?!" I raised one of my eyebrows with curiosity on the news that she's going to reveal. "What?" I inquired intently.

"I got selected to be one of the participants in the Beauty Queen's contest!" I gasped happily in surprise!

My best friend, Meera has been selected in the Beauty Queen's contest!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9M 916K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
55.1M 1.8M 66
Henley agrees to pretend to date millionaire Bennett Calloway for a fee, falling in love as she wonders - how is he involved in her brother's false c...
9.9M 501K 199
In the future, everyone who's bitten by a zombie turns into one... until Diane doesn't. Seven days later, she's facing consequences she never imagine...
191M 4.6M 100
[COMPLETE][EDITING] Ace Hernandez, the Mafia King, known as the Devil. Sofia Diaz, known as an angel. The two are arranged to be married, forced by...