Known Strangers

By chinachanchal

Second Chances ?? Is it worth it..?? More

Prologue
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 5

Part 4

267 37 21
By chinachanchal

Knock knock.. Anyone there...??

Here is the next part.. Please ignore typos and errors.. (That is if I still have readers for this story 😬)

.
.
.
.

Laksh was waiting in front of the elevator.. As it comes down he sees Ragini entering the building in a hurry going towards the lift..

Laksh - I am going from it..

Ragini - O... K..

Saying that she enters inside..

Laksh - I said I am going from it..

Ragini - Yeah.. And who is stopping you.. ??

Laksh- Then why did you enter it..

Ragini looks at him strangely..

Ragini - You do know that we both can go in this life  .. Right..?? It can fit up to 13-15 people..

Laksh widens his eyes in realization..  He suddenly felt very stupid..

What was he doing..?? Fighting for elevator as if he is fighting to go to bathroom..

He sheepishly enters inside and ragini presses the floor button..

It's been a month since he has been here and even though living across they have hardly seen each other.. This was the first time in a month they had came across or talked with each other..

Although laksh can't help but glance at the closed door across his house while going out or coming back..

Ragini was standing at the side silently when laksh glances at her..

Laksh - How are you..??

Ragink - Hunh.. ?? Uhmm.. Good .. And you..??

Laksh - Fine..

Ragini - How is mumbai treating you..??

Laksh - Its fine I guess.. I haven't really got the time to look around.. I am busy in work whole day..

Ragini smiles slightly and nods her head.

Lift arrives on their floor and they both come out and go towards their apartments..

While opening his apartment's door he steals a glance at her direction who was opening her door lock and enters inside..

He let's out a mirthless chuckle and enters inside..

He removes his blazer and goes towards the kitchen to prepare a black coffee..

Seems like she had really freed herself from all the bonds and boundations..

But is it so easy..?? Wasn't she the one with feelings for him..?? Then why is it that he was the one who was still caught in shackles of their estranged bond..

Why is he stuck in the darkness that she left behind while she had happily taken away his light.. ??

He was lost in his thoughts when the doorbell rang..

Laksh gets surprised as hardly anyone comes at his place.. Maybe a delivery guy..

Or maybe it is....

Suddenly he felt his steps turning heavy as he looks at the door..

With slow steps he reaches the door and opens it and as he expected...... No as he feared it was Ragini standing there..

She looked quite awkward being there.. Laksh looks at her curiously..

Ragini - Uhmm...

She handovers something to him.. Laksh frowns as he saw medicine tablets..

Ragini - For your headache..

He widens his eyes in surprise..

How did she know..??

Or well..... It should be how she couldn't.. Of course she did..

Ragini - Yeah.. I saw the way you were pressing your forehead and being all grumpy.. I am very well aware of these signs..

She shrugs slightly..

Ragini - I guess old habits die hard..

Laksh - How can you be sure that I didn't have any medicine..??

Ragini - Do you have it.. ??

She looks at him challengingly.. He looks aside without saying anything..

Ragini - Knew it .. (Frowning) I guess I know you too well for my liking.. You hate taking medicines and also thanks to sansku..

Laksh - Sansku??

Ragini - Yeah.. The girl just keep going on and on about his chachu.. (Chuckling) Thanks to her I keep getting all the updates..

Laksh (faintly smiling) - Not more than me.. All she talks about is her Ragu maasi.. She is your biggest fan.. And damn biased to you..

Ragini - Meaning..??

Laksh - She calls me twice a week but she  will call you daily.. And whenever she would be talking to me and your call comes, she would instantly cut my call and start talking to you..

Ragini giggles hearing this..

Ragini - Aww.. My baby..

Laksh just shakes his head..

Laksh - You loved it.. Didn't you..??

Ragini bites her lips and nods..

Laksh - Knew it.. Miss evil..

Ragini (chuckling) -Anyways.. I will go back now..You can take the medicine.. Good night..

Laksh nods at her..

Earlier she would massage his head or make sure that he takes the meducine anyhow as there was no way he would take it by himself but now she just handed it to him..

As if it's just a formality..

Ragini turns back and goes towards her apartment as laksh looks on from behind..

Laksh - Ragini..

She stops and turns to look at him..

Laksh(showing the tablets) - Thank you..

Ragini - Your welcome..

She opens her door and enters inside as laksh looks on.. As her door closes he also close his door and leans on it..

He looks at the medicine and closes his eyes..

He puts it at the side table and goes from there..

Suddenly he stops in between and then takes the pack of tablets goes towards the kitchen and gulps it down with water..

.
.
.
.

Ragini enters inside and as she closes her door she keeps looking at it..

She renembered how there was hardly any light in his apartment..

Just a faint light in kitchen and while house covered in darkness..

She also remembered his behavioour the last few times they came across and also the things sanskriti talks about him..

All of it so ..... so unlike laksh..

She ignored all of it earlier as it has nothing to do with her now and also none of her business.. She was neither interested nor wanted to get into all this..

But now she herself has seen and experienced it so it was quite difficult to ignore..

Although people change with time.. Situations change, time change and habits change..

She herself being the biggest example of it.. So it was no wonder if laksh changes..

But she had changed for the better.. Turning to a happy life but what about laksh..??

He did not seems to be changed for better.....

Or is she overthinking..??

She frowns remembering all of it..

.
.
.

Here it is.. Too short but updates for this one are going to be short only (unless I am in the mood to update a long part 😬) ..

Hopefully you like it.. Please give you feedback..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18K 1.3K 25
RagSan Story! Serial Track! From the day Laksh Gets Married To Kavya! Started On: 01.01.2023
2.8K 209 3
Distance doesn't kill... Doubts does...
55.2K 4K 57
swaragini story with raglak role reversal.. cover credit- pictures taken from Google..
20.5K 1.5K 18
Story of Namish n Tejaswini {RagLak} first I thought of an OS but I changed my mind. It is again story around two college students but it is a one s...