On The Trail We Blaze

بواسطة Bee_Vomit_Queen

I OWN NOTHING!!! I DO NOT MAKE ANY MONEY OFF OF THIS!!! IT IS JUST A FANFICTION MADE FOR FUN!!! Male!Chel X... المزيد

Before we start
Chapter 1 - A Map
Chapter 2 - Escaping The Ship
Chapter 3 - LAND!!!
Chapter 4 - Blazing A Trail
Chapter 5 - The Handsome Thief And El Dorado
Chapter 6 - Deal
Chapter 8 - Good And Bad Tributes
Chapter 9 - The Beauty Of The City
Chapter 10 - This Is How The Gods Play Ball
Chapter 11 - Last Days In The City
Chapter 12 - Should I Stay?
Chapter 13 - Stone Jaguar
Chapter 14 - Friends Never Say Good-Bye
Chapter 15 - Time For Something New

Chapter 7 - It's Tough To Be A God

2K 83 7
بواسطة Bee_Vomit_Queen

(A/N: Added this version by Annapantsu as I needed a female version so you can have a voice to go with (Y/N). Plus, I love this video.)

...

Tulio glared harshly at the curtains of the temple's entrance, from which Chel had exited from. Miguel, however, didn't pay much mind to it, just happy to have gotten some help in selling their God act. Though Tulio was aware of this fact, he just couldn't stand Chel's obvious attraction to (Y/N)...and vice-versa.

Miguel didn't mind it as much. He was certain with or without the attraction, they'd all be able to leave with enough gold to last their whole lives. Plus, thinking back to (Y/N)'s confession, where she thought they were all going to die, and telling them about her desire to find love, it didn't feel right to stand in her way of finding it.

They heard her giggle right after Chel left, getting ready behind the changing screen while the men got ready themselves.

Miguel chuckled at her more than transparent feelings towards the Mayan man and playfully asked, "Maybe they should call this place 'Chel Dorado'."

A heavy red blush blossomed over her cheeks, but a smile still played on her lips.

She stifled a giddy giggle as she responded, "He's...he's- "

Before she could say anymore, Tulio immediately interrupted, standing outside her changing screen as he yelled out, "Whoa! He's trouble!"

"No, he's not." (Y/N) argued, as she pulled off her top.

"The little voice. Remember the little voice that I talked about with Miguel?"

"Ugh, don't start with me, Tulio."

"Hey, I'm not starting anything. Just ask yourself what your little voice would say about Chel?"

(Y/N) went quiet, entertaining Tulio's foolishness for a moment. He was usually more level-headed than they were, and sometimes smarter too. So, she gave in, just to see if he was making a point.

But all she could think of was Chel's gorgeous mass of midnight black hair. His dreamy mahogany eyes. And that smile that, even though held a touch of mischief, also captured her heart and refused to let go.

In response to Tulio's question, and her fantasizing thoughts, she happily sighed, "Hermoso..."

Tulio did not take her response well. "No!"

"Tulio, just let her have this. It's really not a big deal." Miguel intervened, already all dressed up and just needing to put on his feathered headpiece.

"Yeah, don't ruin this for me!"

Tulio groaned out of frustration, as he turned to Miguel with a narrowed gaze.

"No. I will not let her have this." He hissed in a hushed tone, so (Y/N) couldn't hear him. "Look, we're all partners."

"We're partners." Miguel agreed.

"And we've always had each other's backs. No matter what."

"True."

"And we have a plan, remember?"

"Get the gold. Go back to Spain."

"Yes! And we are pretending to be Gods. Now, put Chel in the mix. Chel who we don't know anything about. Not to mention a thief."

"But...we're thieves."

"And, for that reason, we know better than anyone that a thief cannot be trusted. So do you want to trust a thief with (Y/N)'s heart?"

Miguel thought about it for a bit and, with the way Tulio put it, he had to agree with him. He wouldn't stand in (Y/N)'s way of finding love but if the person she was pursuing was no good for her, then it was the right thing to do, right?

Before Miguel could give an answer, (Y/N) stepped out from behind the wooden changing screen, one hand on her hip in slight annoyance, and asked, "What are you two whispering about?"

The boys turned to look at her and were amazed by her outfit. Her headpiece was larger and grander, lined with peacock feathers and a few smaller (S/F/C) ones. Her top was very simple, just plain black, but the beading that made up her top layer that lay around her shoulders, as well as her skirt and sandals were all multi-coloured, with the main colour being (F/C). This was along with large gold earrings and wrist bands.

Miguel grinned at her, rushing over as he gushed, "Oh my, (Y/N) you look amazing!"

She grinned up at him, giving him a playful twirl as she stated, "Thank you. You look good too. Here, let me help you get your headpiece on."

As she helped him, Tulio also complimented her, "Yes, you look great. But your whole get-up is making it sink in that we're supposed to be Gods. This is gonna be tougher than I thought."

Miguel and (Y/N) shared a grin as they made their way over to their dark-haired friend, who was struggling to get dressed. (Y/N) grabbed his headpiece, making sure it was nicely fitted around his head. While Miguel tied the man's loincloth, making sure it was properly secured.

"Tulio, relax." Miguel reassured.

"All we gotta do is smile. Just follow me and Miguel's lead, okay?"

They ran over to the entrance, opening the curtains but were slightly taken aback to see that everyone was already there. Waiting for them to arrive and prepared to start the festivities.

The chief quickly turned to his people and politely ordered, "Big smile. Like you mean it. A-one, two, three."

At his command, a band started to play, and it signalled the Gods' arrival and kicked off the celebration. Miguel and (Y/N) shrugged, ready to just go with the flow of the crowd and Tulio, with a joking roll of his blue eyes, joined them.

🎵Tulio: "I hardly think I'm qualified, to come across all sanctified."

They danced down the stairs, with not much care given and the whole city danced along with them.

🎵Tulio: "I just don't cut it with the cherubim."

They made it to the bottom of the stairs and Tulio, trying to be kind and give himself a good image for the people, cooed at a little baby. While the mother was thrilled, as were a few of her other children, the baby glared and bit his finger.

"OW!"

"Tulio, what are you talking about?!" (Y/N) squealed as she and Miguel pulled him into the partying crowd.

They all immediately bowed at the feet of the Spaniards, who grinned at their praise.

🎵(Y/N): "There again they're on their knees."

🎵Miguel: "Being worshiped is a breeze."

The chief smiled as he handed Tulio a large bowl of wine. He gratefully accepted, taking a huge gulp while his friends danced and practically cheered him on.

🎵Miguel: "Which rather suits us in the interim."

🎵(Y/N): "Interim. Interim."

🎵Tulio: "It's me, you, and him. Oh my God!"

...

🎵Trio: "It's tough to be a God!"

They were now on Altivo's back, (Y/N) grinning from the front of the horse, with Miguel excitedly watching as she made him charge over hot coals. Tulio gazed ahead nervously, uncertain but unable to do anything about it.

🎵(Y/N): "Tread where mortals have not trod."

...

Miguel flexed his muscles in front of a large crowd of people, who were in awe when they saw that his shadow was much bigger and more muscular than he was.

🎵(Y/N): "Be deified when really..."

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to all of them, behind them Tulio sat and created the muscular shadow using the light of a lamp and his hands. (Y/N) watched on, holding in a laugh at how well it was working.

🎵Tulio: "You're a sham."

...

The trio danced atop a giant statue while others cheered them on from below.

🎵Tulio: "Be an object of devotion."

🎵Miguel: "Be the subject of psalms."

🎵(Y/N): "It's a rather touching notion, all those prayers and those salaams."

They hopped off sliding down the back of a decorative dragon-like creature.

...

A hoard of people tried to worship at Tulio's feet, while he was atop Altivo, with an expression of discomfort. He and Altivo backed away from the small crowd but hit a dead end. A large stone slab stood behind them, similar to the one they had crashed into before being taken to the city.

🎵Tulio: "And who am I to bridle, if I'm forced to be an idol."

Though, as Tulio stood up, back against the slab, he noticed one of the Godly figures carved into it. He smirked as he posed and embraced his role while Miguel pulled him up to sit with him on top of the slab.

🎵Tulio: "If they say that I'm a God, that's what I am!"

They laughed as they looked around, only to pause when they noticed (Y/N) and Chel conversing. And Tulio's gaze hardened when he saw (Y/N) shyly tuck a small strand of her (H/C) hair behind her ear.

...

Chel had to admit, he didn't expect to warm up to the so-called Goddess so quickly as he did but it was hard not to. She was sweet and had a fiery spirit, and she could be quite funny.

But just as he was about to say something to her, she was pulled away by Tulio, who shot him a dirty look. He sighed, a little defeated, as Tulio dragged her over to meet up with Miguel, who was helping himself to more wine. Tulio got (Y/N) and himself a glass before whispering to them.

🎵Tulio: "What's more if we don't comply, with the locals' wishes, I can see is being sacrificed or stuffed."

Just as he mentioned that, they saw four large and strong looking men, raise some swords and slam them down. Though it was just to split some watermelons, the trio could easily envision themselves in the place of those fruits, should they be discovered as frauds.

🎵Miguel: "You have a point there."

🎵(Y/N): "Very good thinking."

They all smirked as they hopped onto a stack of pillows, surrounded by men and women ready to serve them food and wine. While they just laid back and relaxed.

🎵Miguel: "So, let's be Gods."

🎵(Y/N): "The perks are great."

🎵Tulio: "Yeah."

...

(Y/N) held out a plate, that held a large cake that resembled the city. She danced and swayed with it in her arms as the guys danced around her.

🎵(Y/N): "El Dorado on our plates."

🎵Tulio: "Thank you."

(Y/N) was surprised as Bibo suddenly popped out of the cake, dancing along with sparklers in his tiny hands. She giggled at his adorable nature while the guys grabbed some cigars and used the sparklers to light them.

🎵Miguel: "Local feelings should not be rebuffed!"

As the two guys danced on their own, Chel came twirling into view, grabbing (Y/N) by her waist. She passed the plate over to Miguel as she went along with Chel. He showed her some new moves, having them both wave their arms in snake-like motions while their hips shook about, making (Y/N) giggle at how much fun she was having.

Tulio, who was now too drunk with enthusiasm - as well as from actual alcohol - didn't even notice how close the two were, still having fun with Miguel.

🎵Tulio: "Never rebuffed. I never rebuff a local feeling. No, my friend!"

...

🎵Trio: "It's tough to be a God!"

They were all plunged into song and dance, having fully enjoyed what the party had to offer. The guys were bouncing down the stairs, (Y/N) and Chel shaking their hips to the music's rhythm as they did.

🎵Trio: "But if you get the people's nod! Count your blessings, yeah, keep 'em sweet, that's our advice!"

Chel grinned as he took hold of (Y/N)'s hand, twirling her and then pulled her close to his chest. She couldn't help but swoon as his gaze was so sweet when he looked only at her.

🎵(Y/N): "It's great advice."

...

All four stood in a line, with Miguel in front, while the others poked their arms out. Dancing in a way to make Miguel appear to have multiple arms as he danced along with them.

🎵Trio: "Be a symbol of perfection! Be a legend, be a cult! Take their praise, take a collection, as the multitudes exalt!"

Everything seemed to melt away for the trio, with more colours surrounding them as they felt like they were swimming towards the sky, amongst hundreds of giant bubbles.

🎵Miguel: "Don a supernatural habit!"

🎵Tulio: "We'd be crazy not to grab it!"

🎵(Y/N): "You got it!"

They all jumped onto bubbles, floating to up towards the starry sky. The bubbles popped and they decided to just jump on the moon, chuckling as they felt themselves sail away.

Or so it seemed.

They just chugged back large cups of wine, still seated within the celebrating crowd. The chief danced, many cheered, and even Altivo enjoyed himself a little too much before passing out. The party went on very late into the night and the trio enjoyed every single second of it.

🎵Trio: "So, sign on three new Gods for paradise! Par-a-dise!"

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

20.7K 377 14
AU SCP Universe x male reader Join the adventure of a young protagonist, whose dream is to be in a secret organization. He always wanted to be a part...
12.6K 261 23
Y/n can't remember anything before two years ago. All they know is that they woke up in a hospital bed and they're parents sent them to live in Heart...
89.1K 2.3K 13
This is a love story between our very own sassy diva, Emperor Kuzco and you, the amazing reader. I do not own the storyline nor the characters. That'...
687K 20.5K 193
Various imagines that aren't just limited to Katie. I'm only doing FxF imagines. Send me a message or comment on a story to request a prompt.