Valorant: A Second Chance

Da ytvisee

2/27/2054 Humanity is doomed. No matter how much better we are than the Radiants, they can come back and we c... Altro

Chapter 1: Memories and the Facility
Chapter 2: Acceptance
Chapter 3: Valorant
Chapter 5: Jet

Chapter 4: Old Friend

80 6 0
Da ytvisee

I just want to listen to some music right now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POV, CHAIN.

It's been a week since my first meeting. It's been an interesting first week. Most of the time I've just been trying to design my room with the amount of credits I have, and listening to music. The guitar and piano I bought are still waiting to be delivered.

Seeing all those radiants together is still hard, but manageable now.

Reyna is apparently on a mission, I need to get over my anger for these radiants before I see her. The Queen of Radiants, the most deplorable person on the planet.

The omega planet, here... she should be better.

I take a drag and turn up my music.

I tried to listen to that "KSI" person and the "Swedish Folk music" that was recommended to me, but they both weren't really my style. I did like some of the melodies and such, but they didn't have what I was looking for.

I still don't know what I'm looking for, but I've found it in a couple of albums.

Like this one I'm listening to, "Is This It" by The Strokes. It's very good, and they're from New York City, so that's also cool.

I want to look into more New York City bands, I saw this one called "LCD Soundsystem" and their album covers are slightly intriguing, but the name is cool, so I wanna check them out.

I'll do that once I'm done with "The Strokes" they have more albums I can listen to, so I definitely want to do that.

...

I tried to talk to Phoneix about that KSI guy, I really want to get my brain off of all radiants are evil train, but it's hard.

He was shocked that I didn't like him as much as he did, it was funny to see him react so much. It distracted me for a bit, and I just thought of him as someone who I could talk with, like a friend.

I wasn't able to talk to that Breach guy, and I'm too weary of talking with other agents yet, not like I've had any chances.

I'm usually always in my room, I only get the chance to talk to Phoniex in the morning, we have the same wake-up schedule, both of us being the first ones up.

The only other agent I think I'd be fine talking with is Skye, talking with her during the tour helped me see her better I think, so that's what I'm trying to do with Phoneix now.

That Jett is going to be the hardest though, something about her just hits my brain hard. She keeps on trying to give me sneaky glances, like she's trying to observe me or something. It's weird.

Once I get a couple of radiants on my brain's good side, it should be a lot easier to get all of them there. Not to mention the fact that I'll be seeing my true enemies, the "omega" versions of them very soon.

...

Things are looking up, for the first time in my life, things are really looking up.

I might go out and talk to Phoneix about this album, see what he think-

*BEEEP*

"Backup needed for a mission. Everyone getting this message must head to the vulture as fast as possible."

Well...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So it's a single robot that's taking on our entire team? Just shoot the damn thing!" Skye says.

It's good to see her again, but not in this context.

I think the robot they're trying to take down is Kay/0. I cannot let them take down Kay/0.

"Commander, are the radiants down there finding it difficult or impossible to use their abilities?" I need information.

"How'd you know?" Brim looks serious, "Is this robot from your world, do you know about them? He showed up in the same area as you, so it's possible he came through the same teleporter."

...

Can I put my trust in Sage? That... radiant?

...

I have to, I need to. If I'm going to be a useful member of this protocol, I need to get over this hurdle.

"I will go down and talk to him, I'm sure I know that robot." I say.

"And what if he doesn't remember you? And ya' get shot?" Skye asks me.

...

"I'll have Sage revive me."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It really is Kay/0, he's a bit dirtier, but he's still recognizable.

His body hasn't changed a bit, and his dog tags are still flapping in the wind as he shoots.

"Kay/0! I'm going to walk out of this corner with my hands raised and no guns on me. You can shoot me if you want, I know you aren't going to believe me." I say loudly and walk out.

He stops shooting and looks at me, beckoning me to talk more.

"Kay/0, this is another world we're in. When I went back to the facility, I went through the portal just to see if I could be given a second chance, and I have. You have been given one too, you're just shooting the people who have the ability to give you it."

"The people who would give me a second choice are the radiant fuckers? You're not the real Chain if you're working with them." Kay/0 bites back, as expected.

"They're different. They come from this world, and are actual people now. I know it's a lot to take in, but just calm your head and think it through. That's what I did." I try to deal with him, "How can I convince you to think this through and let them talk, they can explain much better than I can."

...

He moves his gun down a centimeter, "Prove to me you're Chain. Then I'll listen."

Easy enough.

"We came up with the phrase Never Break the Chain while at a campfire one night, I was playing the same song on repeat on my guitar, and you still hummed along."

His gun drops an inch now.

"Tell me something that you've only told me and no one else." Kay/0, really?

"Can I whisper it to you, I don't want everyone to hear." I don't want to mention her to everyone.

"Come any closer and I'll shoot you."

...

Fine

"Han Sun-woo." I say.

He almost drops his gun, "What does that person mean to you?"

You're really making me spill everything Kay/0? He's getting a slap for this.

"She is the only radiant I will ever care for. That's what I told you right? That one night where we both got really into our feelings and psyche?" I say, "Is that good enough for you?"

He drops his gun and starts walking forward.

He hugs me once he reaches me, I hug back.

...I didn't think I'd see him again.

"I didn't think I'd see you again, Chain." He says.

"Same, Kay/0. Pick up your gun, and just listen to what they have to say." I tell him.

"And word of advice, just remember in your mind, that they're not the same person, these radiants and the ones that caused everything back then are different." We both struggled with those radiants, if seeing them here hurts for me, it will hurt for him.

"I'll try to not shoot them. Let me hear an explanation first." Kay/0 responds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This... sounds fake." Kay/0 says, sitting next to me and far away from everyone else, "If Chain wasn't here I'd pop a bullet into all of your heads."

"You were trying just doing that, so yeah, we know mate." Phoenix spits back.

Kay/0 stares him down, but Phoneix can't tell with Kay/0's lack of eyes.

"It may sound fake, but it's all real. You already killed omega Jett before our Jett showed up, do you really think Sage was here and revived Jett fast enough for her to move that distance and continue fighting you? Or am I just telling the truth?" Brim says, crossing his arms.

"Fine. You have good reasoning and Chain's already here. I won't shoot you." Kay/0 relents.

"Good. But will you still shoot the omega radiants?" Brim asks.

"Of course, why would I stop?"

Brim smiles.

"Would you like to join Valorant? It'll make it a lot easier to kill those radiants." He proposes, kind of expected.

...

Kay/0 looks at me, I mouth that I'm already an agent.

He turns back to Brimstone, "Alright fine, just know that I won't talk to any of you for the time being."

"All we need you to do is kill radiants, that's all we'll request of you." Brimstone says.

"I will hold you to that." Kay/0 says.

Brim nods and starts walking to the cockpit, he doesn't fly the vulture but he always rests there.

Phoenix looks at me and motions to Kay/0, I just shrug.

I don't really know what he wants me to say.

Skye is sitting next to Jett, I can hear her checking up on Jett. Something about how Jett has been acting strange since the mission ended.

Hope Kay/0 didn't cause that, he probably did though.

I mean, she just looked up towards Kay/0. Or was that me she was looking at? Whatever, not like it'll matter anyway.

Kay/0 will get his tour later, I don't really know the entire layout of the base yet, so i'm not sure if I should give the tour. We'll see.

"Hey." Kay/0 says to me.

"Yeah, man?"

"Are you friends with any of these people, or do you just tolerate them?" He asks.

"As of know, I'm just tolerating most of them. My brain is still telling me that they're the murders that we faced every day, but I know that they aren't." I explain, "I'm trying to get closer to some of them, so that then I can get to know all of them."

"So you want to be friends with them?"

"Yeah." I admit it.

He looks down, "Well, I'll see what I can do in ways of making them friends, I owe you alot of debts so I'll try to pay some of them off with this."

"How'd you do that?" I ask.

"Well, I can tell them stories that make you look cool." He says, "I know you don't see yourself that way but you're one of the most reliable and trustworthy people in the world, the number of times you've saved my ass would help them see that in you."

I lightly chuckle, "Yeah, sure."

He chuckles back, "One day, you'll see how many people look up to you."

...

Oh yeah.

*Slap*

"Damn! The fuck was that for?" Kay/0 shouts, getting the entire crew's attention.

"For making me spill my biggest secret to everybody here on this mission." I say.

"The one about Han-Sunwo-

*Slap*

"Ow! Damn alright I get it!" Kay/0 says, being a dumbass as usual.

...

"I assume you don't want us to bring it up, yeah?" Phoenix asks.

"I'd like it to stay a secret." I slap Kay/0 one more time for good measure.

Phoenix and Skye nod, Brim can't hear us from the cockpit, and Jett looks, very somber.

Like she's a small push away from crying.

...I should console her, but I...

I really can't... dammit, when will I get over this.

Thank God Skye is here, she'll make sure Jett is okay.

...

Should I slap Kay/0 again?

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

57 9 11
With the destruction of Venice, and two suspects on the loose Brimstone sends a team to figure out what happened and if it could be stopped before it...
1.9K 44 38
Killjoy/raze, sage/Renya, and other ships and friendships! Dont be afraid to send me requests!
35.4K 2K 31
// BOOK THREE // *CONTAINS SPOILERS* Demi and I are doing better than ever after the two separate incidents that nearly took our lives. I'm working f...
47K 753 16
After the incident of the First Light, people have been given powers and are now called radiants. But as time went on, a war brew between the humans...