Chapter 3: Valorant

First thing once I'm done with initiation, is buying some cigs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POV, SAGE.

Was I really that horrible? To the extent where he would pull against his restraints trying to attack me? He pulled so hard he almost bruised himself.

...

But he still had the compassion to console me and remind me that it was my Omega counterpart, not me.

He clearly has a strong mind, and to console someone who is pretty much your mortal enemy.

How much strife has that man endured to be so mature at such a young age?

Hmmm...

*Knock*

Oh!

"Come in!" I say, making sure I don't look horrible.

Brimstone walks in.

"He passed the test with flying colors. I expected him to complete it, but he demolished the bots with precision and great combat sense. He's joining Valorant." Brimstone says.

Ah, that... should be good right?

Yes, yes it is good. He's a good man and a good fighter apparently.

I just hope he warms up to radiants.

...

"I sent out a message informing everyone. You know the procedure when someone joins, is there anybody you think would be a good fit for his tour?" Brimstone says.

Well, it's obvious that any and all radiants are out of the question, but Raze and Breach are both out on missions. The only non-radiants left would be Killjoy and Cypher, and they're most definitely occupied at the moment, and wouldn't be the best tour guides anyways.

Viper... is a no.

Brimstone probably wants a radiant's opinion on which radiant to give him the tour, or else he would have chosen one himself.

"I'd wage our best bets would be either Skye or Sova." I come to a decision. They're both smart and calm, they could definitely deal with possible hostility from the new guy."

If only Brimstone wasn't always busy, they seem to both get along.

"I'll send Skye out, this is about the time Sova starts grooming his owl, so we'll give him privacy in that regard." Brimstone says, heading for the door, "Good work today Sage, he'll be officially introduced at tomorrow's meeting."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POV CHANGE, CHAIN.

Wait do I...

Oh thank god, they didn't take the baseball.

...

Is this the only thing I took with me? Or is it the only thing that they didn't take? I was so emotional going through that portal, the only thing I remember doing was finding this baseball and writing Never Break the Chain.

Well... It's not like I have keepsakes anyway, aside from the baseball.

...

I'll just put it back in the pocket. I'm protecting this baseball with my life, it's the only connection I have to my childhood, the only connection I have with Jet.

So pretty much, the only connection I have from that world... well, maybe that guitar me and Kay/0 played is also a connection, but I lost that a long time ago.