๐‘๐„๐ƒ๐„๐Œ๐๐“๐ˆ๐Ž๐.

By MRSBVRBIE

๐˜•๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฑ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ณ ๐˜ง๐˜ช๐˜ณ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ถ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ.. More

preface.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter four.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.
chapter fifteen.
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen.
chapter eighteen.
chapter nineteen.
chapter twenty.
chapter twenty one.
chapter twenty two.
chapter twenty three.
chapter twenty four.
chapter twenty five.
chapter twenty six.
chapter twenty seven.
chapter twenty eight.
chapter twenty nine.
chapter thirty.
chapter thirty one.
chapter thirty two.
chapter thirty three.
chapter thirty four.
chapter thirty five.
chapter thirty six.
chapter thirty eight. *LC*
newneww.

chapter thirty seven.

4.5K 287 56
By MRSBVRBIE

Excuse any mistakes.

𝐌𝐢𝐞𝐤𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢 𝐃𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐨𝐧
𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈.

Share my world by Mary J Blige played in the car as 14 year-old Mieke sat in the passenger seat of her mom's car, humming along to the song. She looked out the window and the sun was shining but dark clouds were rolling in and Mieke frowned, She loved rainy days but she hated having to spend one at school instead of in bed.

The song then switched to Pretty Girl Rock by Keri Hilson, and Cyrinna, Mieke's mom, reached out and turned the volume up. Mieke exclaimed, "Oh my godddd." covering her face with her arm.

Cyrinna looked at Mieke, smiling, and said, "What? Girl, this is our song!" She chuckled and continued, "My name is Keri, I'm so very, fly, oh my, it's a lil bit scary." Cyrinna sung looking at Mieke and Mieke rolled her eyes smiling a bit.

Cyrinna played this song almost every single car ride, and she made sure to sing it to Dakota and Mieke every time. She knew how self-conscious girls could get, especially when they reach high school, and she wanted to do everything she could to make sure her daughters knew they were beautiful in and out.

"Boys wanna marry, looking at my derriere, you can stare but if you touch it I'mma bury." Cyrinna continued, then she grabbed Mieke's face, "Pretty as a picture, sweeter than a swisher, mad cause you're cuter than the girl that's with himmm."

"Ma, Go, The light is green." Mieke nodded towards the light and Cyrinna resumed driving.

The rest of the car ride was filled with more music playing as Cyrinna kept driving and dancing, singing along to song after song meanwhile, Mieke remained silent, gazing out the window lost in her own thoughts, mentally preparing herself for another day of school.

They finally reached Mieke's school and they stopped in front of the main entrance. Mieke grabbed her backpack and opened the door and stepped out onto the walkway, turning back to her mother before closing the door behind her. "I'm spending the night at Lottie's. We're hanging out with Jayden and Jaylin after school."

"Okay. You need some money?" Cyrinna asked.

"Yes." Mieke said, "Twenty dollars is fine."

Cyrinna grabbed her purse and looked at Mieke, "What y'all bout to get into after school?"

"We're just going to the mall." Mieke replied as Cyrinna handed her the $20. "Thank you."

"And you only need $20? You sure about that?"

Mieke nodded, "Yeah, I'm sure. I talked to Daddy this morning, and he said that when he gets off work, he's going to put some money in my account. So that, plus your $20? I'm real sure."

Cyrinna chuckled, "You lucky I owed you $20 already, I would've asked for my money back."

Mieke smirked, sliding the $20 bill into the back of her phone case. "But you wouldn't get it back." She glanced away and saw her biology teacher outside on the field. "Okay, I have to go inside before my teacher sees me. See you tomorrow."

"Girl you're always skipping that man's class. See you tomorrow though. I love you."

"I love you too." Mieke replied with a smile, before turning and walking toward the school.

As Mieke walked toward the school, she heard her mother's voice calling out behind her. "I love you, 9th grade Mieke Dalton!" Mieke's jaw dropped, and she turned around, her eyes widening and Cyrinna laughed at her reaction.

"9th grade Mieke Dalton that has biology next period!" Cyrinna's voice rang out, but Mieke just rolled her eyes and ignored her quickly walking to the office door. Reaching the door, Mieke pressed the buzzer and the office lady pressed the button and Mieke pulled the door open.

"Look who's late again." Miss Jackson, the office lady, remarked as Mieke entered the office.

"Hey Miss Jackson, You missed me?" Mieke asked with a smile as she approached the desk.

"Yes, I missed you." Miss Jackson replied, rolling her eyes with a smile. "I was wondering why I haven't been seeing you. Why you ain't been here and why are you late today, again? Like always?"

"I was out of town and it's not even my fault."

Miss Jackson raised an eyebrow. "Then whose fault is it?" she asked, looking up from a file.

"It's my bed's fault. It's way too comfortable."

Miss Jackson shook her head. "It's never your fault when it comes to being late to school." She grabbed a pass and asked, "You're supposed to be in Miss Tate's class right now right?" And Mieke nodded. "See, you're always coming in around this time. I know exactly who your teacher is."

Mieke chuckled and Miss Jackson began writing out her pass while Mieke just stood there, looking around the office when her eyes landed on 15 year old Keanu walking into the office, engrossed in something on his phone and Mieke quickly looked away when he looked up.

Miss Jackson tapped the pen on the desk. "This pen doesn't work." she muttered, then glanced up and noticed Keanu. "Keanu, boy, go to class."

Keanu walked up to the desk and stood beside Mieke, but there was still some distance between them. "Why do you want me to go to class so bad?"

"Because you need to go learn." Miss Jackson grabbed another pen and wrote a scribble on a scrap of paper to ensure it worked.

"What they're teaching me here ain't gon' help me out with anything at all in the real life."

Literally. Mieke agreed in her thoughts.

Miss Jackson signed Mieke's pass, chuckling. "I can't even say anything because I haven't used y =mc^2 once since I graduated highschool."

Keanu chuckled, "That ain't even the formula."

Miss Jackson looked at Mieke, raising an eyebrow. "That ain't?" And Mieke shook her head, and Miss Jackson shrugged. "See, haven't used it in so long that I can't even remember the formula." She held out the pass to Mieke. "Bye, pretty girl. Have a good day. Don't be late again."

Mieke took the pass. "Thank you, I will try."

"This is like your 38th time saying that."

Mieke smirked. "And tomorrow might be my 39th." She turned around, to head to class.

Keanu chuckled and Miss Jackson shook her head with a smile. "You're funny. Go to class."

"Bye homegirl. See you at lunch." Mieke waved before pushing the office door open, leading out into the school hallway. As she stepped into the corridor, she took out her phone, navigated to her Apple Music, and shuffled one of her playlists and The Resistance by Drake started playing, "Ouu my songgg." Mieke plugged in her earbuds.

Mieke made her way to her journalism class, which didn't take long and as she approached the classroom she removed her earbuds and silenced her phone, then knocked on the classroom door.

One of her classmates opened the door, and Mieke said, "Thank you." walking into the classroom. She looked around but didn't see the teacher. Instead, the teacher from the adjacent classroom was standing in between the door.

Mieke walked to her desk, which was in a group with her three friends Lottie, Emani, and Neveah. As she sat down, she asked, "Where is she?"

Lottie shrugged and said, "We don't know. We just came in here, and he was standing there."

Mieke sat her backpack on the desk and "Ouu good. Yall did the homework?" she asked.

"Homework? "What are you talking about?" "We had homework?" Emani, Neveah, and Lottie said at the same time, looking at Mieke shocked.

"Yes, we had homework. See?" Mieke pointed up at the board. "It says 'Interviewing and the Art of Asking' assignment due today." Mieke scanned the board. "I literally just remembered it this morning and only got like three questions done."

"Girllll oh my God." Emani expressed as she unzipped her backpack. "I'm literally trying to bring up my grade before the quarter ends and this isn't gonna make it any better."

"On my son." Neveah agreed.

Mieke looked at Neveah. "Neveah, On what son?"

"I don't know but on that son I'm fucked."

"I'm trying to find the answer key right now." Lottie said, scrolling down her phone.

Mieke glanced over at her friend Jaylin, who was sitting in the group next to them, and asked, "Jaylin, did you do the homework?"

"Yeah I didn't do question 15 though."

"As long as you did the rest." Emani said, holding her hand out. Jaylin pulled out his folder and handed over the worksheet to Emani and the girls all began taking pictures of the worksheet.

"I'll email it to you as soon as I get home." Miss Tate's voice echoed from the hallway.

"Yall got yall pictures?" Mieke asked, picking up the worksheet. The girls nodded, and Mieke reached over, tapping Jaylin with the paper. He turned around and grabbed it. "Thank you, bae."

"You welcome, bae." Jaylin replied with a small smile and Mieke sat back correctly and tapped her phone and began writing down the answers.

With a smile, Miss Tate walked in the classroom, greeting the students, "Good morning, class! I hope you all are having a wonderful day today."

"Oh, Miss skank decided to be in a good mood today huh?" Lottie muttered under her breath.

Mieke whispered, "Girl, she knew. She knew."

The girls then started sneakily copying the answers down while Miss Tate sat at her desk, lecturing the class about anything and everything per usual. When Mieke finished, she slid her phone under her thigh and looked at the board.

"While I collect your homework, grab your laptops and start working on your drafts. Remember, I expect them to be turned in by 11:59 tonight, I don't want to hear any excuses." Miss Tate said and Emani raised her hand. "Yes?"

"Some people haven't started at all."

"Right." A couple of the classmates agreed.

"I've assigned every single student an article topic so why haven't you guys started?"

"Yes, we know that everyone has a topic, but during the week you assigned us topics, you told the students assigned school club or school sport topics that you would speak to the leaders and let us know what to do by Thursday. However, you didn't because you weren't here and the following week, you were absent until Thursday and we didn't see you that day because of the pep rally."

"Oh! So it was this class where I said some was going to be a little behind. Okay. Everyone's drafts still need to be turned in by 11:59 unless you were given a school club and sport topic. I'll talk to you guys when I login to my dashboard."

Mieke grabbed her laptop from her backpack, placing it on her desk and began scrolling through anything waiting for Miss Tate.

"Okay so Mieke." Miss Tate began, and Mieke looked over at her. "You have the football season and I talked to Coach, and he said that it's okay if you interview him and some players. Who's your last period? So I could email them and let them know that you'll be late to that class since that's the period where most of his players are."

"Miss England but she isn't here."

"Okay I'll just let whoever is in the auditorium know. Right now, just brainstorm any questions you want to ask during the interview and start working on a draft introduction for the article. I'm giving everyone that's doing a sport and club topic until Monday to have your drafts in. Don't forget to have your sources cited in AP style."

As Miss Tate continued providing the rest of the students with details about their articles, Mieke began researching and typing down questions that she would ask the team for the interview.

⏩︎ ⏩︎ ⏩︎

"Okay, I'm a likkle bit nervous." Mieke admitted as she and Lottie walked together to the field where Coach Lennings and his gym class were. Lottie had decided to skip her last period by joining Mieke in Coach Lennings class, but even that didn't alleviate Mieke's anxiety. Keanu was in that class, and she knew she would have to interview him today, which made her nervous.

Lottie chuckled and said, "You and Emani kills me with that bruh. Why are you nervous?"

Mieke sighed and pushed the door to the field saying, "Girl, Keanu has gym this period and I'm nervous. I wish all these players was ugly."

Lottie chuckled, "So you won't be nervous?" Mieke nodded and Lottie continued, "You be having all that energy with the ugly niggas but when it comes to the cute ones all that goes away. I'm cryinggg." Lottie smirked and Mieke rolled her eyes, but couldn't hold back a laugh.

"Shut up. Jaylin isn't ugly at all." Mieke said as she and Lottie began walking over to the coach, who was standing reading something off of his clipboard. They approached him, and he looked up from his clipboard as they reached him.

"What y'all doing out here? Yall always skipping. I'm about to start telling y'all mommas on y'all. Get them to let me take them out and I ain't gon' tell them." he threatened with a smirk.

"Asking to take both of them out? Crazy work."

"Right?" Lottie agreed. "We're not about to set them up like that, and our teachers actually aren't here and Mieke has to interview you and some of your players, so we're not skipping."

"Yall ain't setting them up." Coach Lennings smacked his lips "And Mieke ain't skipping, but you are," Coach pointed at Lottie, "But since you don't want to be in class, you gon' be running some errands for me. First, I need you to get the attendance sheet for Mister Maynard's class."

"That's fine by me. Get it from the office?" Lottie asked placing her backpack down on the bench.

"Yeah, grab me a PopCorners chip, the red ones, and a Coke from the vending machine too."Coach Lennings instructed as he reached into his pocket for his wallet. "Then go to Miss Brownlee's class and get the copies for me. She'll know what you're talking about once you tell her it's for me."

"Whoa, slow down." Lottie put both of her hands up and Mieke chuckled "You're asking for way too much right now. That's a lot of walking."

Coach Lennings picked up his walkie-talkie and Lottie quickly said, "Okay, okay. You said get a popcorners and Coke from the vending machine, go to the office and get the attendance sheet, then go to Miss Brownlee's for your copies. I got it."

"I feel like you gon' get me the wrong chips. Ima gone head and get that myself." Coach Lennings said before looking around the field and he saw one of the security guards sitting in his go-cart talking to some students. "Michaels! I gotta run to the lounge real quick! Watch them for me!"

"Aight!" The security guard yelled back.

"Jacobs! Come here!" Coach Lennings yelled across the field to Keanu. Then, he turned to Mieke, "You gon be interviewing him first. He won't give you any problems. Real cool dude."

"Okay." Mieke responded with a nod.

"Bye, Best." Lottie said in a sing-songy way as she walked away and Mieke knew Lottie all too well and Lottie was teasing her, so she rolled her eyes.

"Charlotte go do what that man told you to do."

"The government though? Lame." Lottie shook her head before she walked away to the gate.

"Wassup?" Keanu asked.

"Mieke this is Keanu and Keanu this is Mieke. She gotta write a section in the school newspaper about this season. She gon start with asking you questions. Aight?" Coach explained, and Keanu nodded.

"Aight. Wassup." Keanu nodded at Mieke.

"Hey." Mieke responded, waving.

"I'ma be back." Coach said before walking away.

Keanu sat down next to Mieke, who pulled out her laptop and unlocked it going to Word. "It's just four questions. The first one is, How does it feel to have had such a good season? Did you expect it to go that well?" Mieke asked.

Keanu leaned back resting his arms on the back of the bench, and gazed at the field. "Good. We worked hard to get to this point, and it feels good to see all that effort paid off and I expected it to. We've been putting in mad effort, and I knew if we kept that up, we was gon have a good season."

"Okay." Mieke responded, her fingers continuing to type away. Keanu observed her nervous demeanor and chuckled, managing to catch her attention. Mieke looked at him, "What?"

"You nervous as hell."

"What are you talking about?" Mieke asked.

"What are you talking about?" Keanu mocked her and Mieke rolled her eyes, smiling a bit. "You know exactly what I'm talking about."

"I don't. I'm not nervous." Mieke lied confidently. "Okay, The next question is, Which game was the most challenging and how did you overcome it?"

"The homecoming game gotta have been the most challenging, without a doubt. I knew going in their team was gon' be tough and it was gon' be a close game but we had prepared for it, we played them before and we knew their weaknesses so we just had to play to our strengths and focus on using their weaknesses to our advantages. And that's exactly what we did."

Mieke nodded as she typed the answer down, then spoke up, "How did you stay focused and motivated through the season, and what mindset did you adopt leading up to and during games?"

"I just kept my head in the game. I always just focus on what we need to do on the field, go into every game with a positive mindset and believing that we can beat anyone. When you have a strong team and you know what yall capable of, it's easy as hell to stay focused even when shit get tough."

"What specific play from the season will you remember the most, and why?" Mieke asked.

"Specific play that I'ma remember the most?" Keanu muttered, his gaze fixed on the field as he tried to think of an answer. "Gotta be when the ball bounced off the helmet of the other team's safety and our fullback caught it before it hit the ground and got us a touchdown and ima always remember because I just fuck with the play."

"Okay." Mieke mumbled as she typed. "Alright, That was my last question for you. Thanks."

"You welcome. How old you is?"

"14. Why?" Mieke asked as she saved the Word document to her files, then looked at Keanu.

"Aw you a youngin."

Mieke rolled her eyes "Boy Bye. How old are you?" She knew exactly how old he was.

"15." Keanu answered her question.

"And you're talking about I'm a youngin? Please."

"You is. You got a boyfriend?"

"No. Why?" Mieke asked.

"Cause I want yo number, You fine as hell."

Boyuhhhhh. Mieke thought feeling her face heat up at the compliment and she couldn't help but smile. "Thank you. Let me see your phone."

He handed her his phone, and Mieke entered her number before texting herself a dot so she could know it's him. After saving his contact, she handed his phone back to him, "Here you go."

Keanu took his phone back and looked at Mieke with a smirk. "You better text me back." He said.

"We'll see, You better text me back."

Keanu chuckled and said, "I am."

⏩︎ ⏩︎ ⏩︎

"Everything is a mess with that Tameka bitch from her priorities to that marriage, just everything. The bitch is 50 with kids on Facebook living and making statuses like she's 16 like bitch just grow the fuck up." Cyrinna's voices echoed down the hallway as she gossiped on the phone.

"Girlllll." Lottie looked up from her phone.

Per usual, Mieke and Lottie were at Mieke's house simply enjoying each other's company while doing their own thing. Mieke laid at the head of the bed, watching an episode of Pretty Little Liars on her iPad while Lottie laid at the end of the bed, scrolling down her Twitter feed.

"Mhm." Mieke nodded, glancing at Lottie. "I should record her doing all this cursing and send it to pastor. Show him the real Sister Cyrinna cursing like a sailor while living on a prayer."

Lottie chuckled and said, "You're too funny."

Keanu Now
Wyd lil girl

"Girl, look who just texted me." Mieke turned her ipad and Lottie leaned over to read the message.

"Mm. You gon' text him back?"

Mieke shrugged. "I don't know. I might."

It had been two weeks since Mieke and Keanu exchanged numbers, and it wasn't going anywhere. The two of them would text each other frequently, but Keanu's texting patterns varied from day to day. Sometimes he would text back fast, and other times he would take hours to respond or just disappear entirely and Mieke wasn't about to respond quickly when Keanu was taking his time, so she gave him the same energy.

"You were the last one to text?" Lottie asked.

"Yeah." Mieke responded, tapping on the message. "Oh, wait, he was the last one. Lol."

Keanu
Yesterday 11:48 PM

Nah I be chillin 😂😂😂😂😂

Today 2:21 AM

Wyd lil girl

Here you go 😂
I'm watching a show wyd

Mieke tell me what show you watching bruh dang 😂😂 Ian doing nun

Im watching pretty little liars ✋🏽

What's that about?

It's a lot
Rlly don't feel like typing allat

Tell me otp

"Girllll why does he want to get on the phone?" Mieke asked, and Lottie moved to the headboard laying down next to Mieke. She grabbed her phone and started reading the messages.

"Ouuuu." Lottie smiled giving Mieke her phone back "You better get on the phone with him."

"I'm scared."

"Whatchu scared for? Girl if youn get on the phone with that man. You was texting him back fast now he gon know for sure that you scared."

"Well, I am scared." Mieke admitted, tapping her thigh nervously, a habit she often did when nervous. After thinking about it for a moment, she finally made her decision. "Okay, I'ma do it."

"Perioddd." Lottie dragged, grinning. She then got up from the bed and grabbed her phone, walking over to the closet. Mieke furrowed her eyebrows as Lottie opened the closet door.

"Girl what the hell are you doing?" Mieke asked.

"Giving yall privacy duhh."

"Girllll." Mieke laughed, "You could stay in here or go to the twins room. They're at their moms."

"Really?" Lottie asked, looking at Mieke and Mieke nodded. "Okay. Let me know when y'all get off the phone, because remember we still gotta watch the new episode of Criminal Minds."

"It sholl did come out today." Mieke muttered looking at the date "Alright bet. I'm scared."

"Just breathe in and breathe out." Lottie said as she grabbed her charger from the plug getting out of bed. She then looked at Mieke and began demonstrating, and Mieke stared at her blankly and Lottie chuckled. "Let me leave you alone."

"Please do." Mieke said and Lottie walked out of her room, closing the door behind her. Mieke went back to her messages with Keanu and sent him an 'okay' before pressing his contact and calling him and he answered on the first ring.

"Took yo ass long enough." Keanu teased.

"Not too much." Mieke said fixing her bonnet.

"Why am I looking at yo ceiling?"

"Because."

"Because what?"

"What? You wanna look at me instead?"

"That's what FaceTime is for. Let me see you." Keanu said, and Mieke picked up her phone and put her face in the camera. "You look good."

Mieke smiled. "Thank you."

"You welcome. Tell me bout the show."

"It's about these four girls and they used to be friends but stopped after one of their friends, Alison goes missing then a year later, one of the girls moves back to town and they start getting these lil weird messages from someone called 'A' who knew all their secrets and is threatening to expose them so now they're all cool again and they're just trying to figure out what happened to Alison and who 'A' is. And one of the girls is messing around with her english teacher."

Keanu scrunched his face up, "The teacher?" And Mieke nodded. "What grade are they in?"

"10th grade? Yeah, I think they're in 10th."

"Lil ass girls. Why you ain't text me back?"

"I didn't see that you texted me."

Keanu chuckled, shaking his head. "You lying."

Mieke made a face. "What do I have to lie for?"

"Probably the same reason you lied about being nervous." He teased, and Mieke looked at him.

"Here you go."

"Yeah here I go."

"I'm about to hang up on you."

"Why?" Keanu grabbed his controller.

"Because I told you what pretty little liars was about and now I could go." Mieke leaned on her arm, watching Keanu focus on his TV screen.

"Whatchu in a rush for?" Keanu asked, glancing at his phone. "I know yeen going nowhere. Ain't nothing open at 2am but legs and McDonald's."

"Boy." Mieke laughed "I have to watch my show."

"You was watching it on yo phone?"

"No." Mieke shook her head.

"Aight then, youn gotta go." Keanu shrugged.

"Mm." Mieke retrieved her iPad and set it next to her phone on the pillow.

"Mm." Keanu mocked her. "You funny as hell."And Mieke didn't say anything back. She unpaused her show, and they both sat there, each caught up in their own activities. Keanu on the game with his friends and Mieke watching Pretty little Liars. Neither of them spoke, and the only sounds that filled the room were the talking from the show and the sound of Keanu on his game.

"You still watching that show?" Keanu spoke up.

"No." Mieke paused the movie and glanced at her phone. "I'm watching High School Musical now."

"My lil sister stays watching that."

"How many siblings do you have?" Mieke asked.

"Three. I got two brothers and then my sister."

"You're the oldest?"

"On my mama side. I got a older brother on my Daddy side. You the oldest?"

"Yeah. It's like that with me too. I have an older brother on my dad's side and three little sisters."

"All them girls? Gahlee."

Mieke chuckled "His headaches for real."

"I'm already knowing." Keanu said, his voice heavy with weariness as he yawned turning off the TV. "My lil sister be driving everyone crazy. Imagine four."

"You must be getting sleepy."

"A lil bit. You ain't tired?" Keanu asked, and Mieke shook her head. "Stay on the phone. I gotta wake up in about an hour anyway to pick my mama up."

"I hope you don't snore."

"Nah, I don't snore." Keanu chuckled, leaning back against the pillows.

"Mhm." Mieke replied, picking up her phone and opening her message thread with Lottie.

My Lottie 💞👯‍♀️
Today 3:23 AM

You sleep?

Otp
How's the call going 🌚

Good we're still otp he's sleeping tho

Next thing it'll be him sleeping next to you 😏😏

Shut up
We're still watching the new ep?

We could watch it in the morning
I saw a sneak peek and I don't think I wanna be watching this episode at night 😣✋🏽

Bet
Delivered

Mieke continued to watch High School Musical as Keanu slept and they got off of the phone when Keanu woke up since he had to go pick up his mom from the airport. When he got home, he ended up calling Mieke back and they spent the rest of their night on the phone, talking about anything and everything. They both ended up falling asleep on the phone, and that FaceTime call seemed to change everything between them.

From that point on, they started getting on the phone almost every single day, and their texting patterns definitely changed. They were texting each other way more quickly, and it seemed like they couldn't get enough of each other's company, even if it was just talking on the phone.

A month had passed and Keanu had become more flirtatious, and Mieke was surprised that she was flirting back. Although Mieke had always been the type to be hesitant to flirt with boys, she found it easy as hell to do with Keanu, It came naturally. He made her feel comfortable and confident enough to express her interest in him.

Mieke even started calling him first, which she had always hated doing because she feared that the other person would assume that she was clingy and annoying. But with Keanu, it was different. He actually liked when she called his phone, and he was always happy to talk to her. She had already become the only person he didn't mind being on the phone with all day, everyday.

"Mieke, there goes your man." Neveah teased, and Mieke looked up from her phone at Keanu and his friends walking onto the basketball court.

It was a beautiful sunny Saturday, and like always, everyone was out at the park. Some were playing, some were sitting down talking with friends, and others were just watching the boys play basketball. Mieke and her friends were by the swings, with Mieke and Dakota seated on the swings, swinging back and forth.

"That's not my man." Mieke glanced over at the water ice truck and noticed that the line was shorter than before. She turned to Dakota and asked, "Dakota, do you still want a water ice?"

"Yes." Dakota said excitedly.

"Come on." Mieke said, hopping off the swing. "We'll be back." She glanced at her friends before grabbing Dakota's hand, and they headed towards the water ice truck, joining the line.

It didn't take long for their turn to come, and when it did, Mieke ordered Dakota's water ice. After paying for it, she grabbed the cup from the man and gave it to Dakota, then took her hand, and they began their walk back to the swings.

"Hi Keanu." Dakota waved, and Mieke glanced at Keanu, who was walking towards them.

"Wassup Lil one." Keanu walked over to them and gave Dakota a high five. "You see how yo sister just gon act like she ain't see me?"

"She's rude. Are you her boyfriend?" Dakota asked, and Mieke rolled her eyes.

"Yeah."

"You're not." Mieke finally spoke up.

"I am." Keanu made a face looking at her.

"She told me you're just her friend that's a boy."

Mieke smacked her lips. "That's because he is. You talk too much. Be quiet and eat yo water ice."

"Okay." Dakota smiled dipping her spoon into her water ice. She took a small bite and hummed.

"She could talk if she wants to." Keanu smirked. Whenever they were on the phone and Dakota was around, he always seemed to be on Dakota's side. "What else do she be saying about me?"

Dakota was about to speak up, but before she could, Mieke cut in. "Yeah, you talk too much. We're going home. Go tell your friends bye."

"Nooo I don't want to go home." Dakota whined.

"Auntie has to do your hair." Mieke insisted. "But we can come back when she's done, I promise." Mieke extended her pinky, and Dakota wrapped her own tiny finger around it. "I pinky promise."

"Okay." Dakota replied softly as she handed Mieke her water ice, "I'll be right back."

"Tell Lottie nem we're leaving also."

"Okay."

Dakota ran off to tell her friends goodbye, and Mieke watched her until she reached them safely. She then turned to Keanu, who was already looking at her. "So, I ain't your boyfriend?"

Mieke shook her head no "You never asked me."

"I thought we been established that we're together."

"Nope." Mieke said, popping the 'p'. "Until you ask me to be your girlfriend, you're just my friend." She glanced at Dakota, who was running back towards them and once Dakota reached them, Mieke handed her back her water ice.

"Thanks." Dakota said.

"I'm walking y'all home." Keanu offered. It wasn't the first time he had done so. In fact, he did it almost every single time Mieke went to the court.

"Okay." Mieke nodded. They turned towards the gate and walked out. Mieke didn't live far from the park, so the walk wasn't long. Along the way, Dakota talked Keanu's ear off, and Keanu seemed interested and Mieke just walked in silence, feeling a bit sorry for him. There's nothing worse than when you've gotten a little kid to start talking because now they won't ever shut up.

When they finally reached Mieke's house, she pulled out her keys and unlocked the front door. As soon as she did, Dakota sprinted inside and Mieke followed her, leaving Keanu behind and she saw Haveli, laying on the couch watching iCarly. "Haveli, You know where my auntie is?"

"She just left to Tj Maxx with your mom."

"Okay. I'm on the porch, Unbraid Dakota's hair."

"Really? Why can't you do it?" Haveli asked.

"I'm gonna be outside with Keanu."

"Whatever. I'm not washing her hair." Haveli said before turning her attention back to the TV.

Mieke stepped out of the house, finding Keanu engrossed in something on his phone. She closed the door behind her and settled on the steps and Keanu put his phone in his pocket sitting next to her, "It feels good out here." she mumbled before glancing at Keanu. "What did you do today?"

"Nothing. You gon' be my girlfriend?"

Mieke's stomach flipped, and she couldn't help but smile, her cheeks heating up as the butterflies in her stomach turned to flutters. "Hm?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?" Keanu asked and the butterflies in her stomach intensified, and her cheeks felt like they were on fire.

Mieke shrugged, still with a smile on her face, and replied, "I guess." She didn't want to sound too excited, but inside she was bursting with joy.

"Say it the right way." Keanu mushed Mieke's head with a smile on his face and she chuckled.

"Yes I will be your girlfriend."

"Yes I will be your girlfriend." Keanu mocked her.

"You're always mocking me." Mieke said, fixing her hair back into place. "I don't sound like that."

"You do."

"I don't."

"You do."

"You just wanna go back and forth with me."

"I do. I really do." Keanu said softly, his gaze fixed on Mieke, a slight smile playing on his lips.

Mieke had to fight back the urge to roll her eyes, but she couldn't help but smile. "Yeah, yeah."

"So girlfriend." Keanu wrapped his arm around Mieke's shoulder, pulling her in close to him.

"Yes, boyfriend?" She intertwined their fingers.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
𝙲𝙾𝙻𝚃𝚂 𝙽𝙴𝙲𝙺, 𝙽𝙹 ✈︎ 𝙱𝙾𝚁𝙰 𝙱𝙾𝚁𝙰.

"It's one of our most popular cocktails here, and it happens to be my personal favorite as well." The waiter explained. "The base is rum, and we add pineapple juice and coconut cream to give it a sweet but not too sweet taste. The rum gives it a nice kick while still keeping it light so you won't get too drunk unless you want a stronger drink."

"No." Mieke chuckled, "I don't want to get too drunk tonight, so the Tahiti cocktail is just fine."

"Alright, I'll get that started for you." He said, nodding and writing down the order. "Any other questions or can I get you started with an order?"

"Yeah." Mieke nodded. "We both want the prime angus ribeye steak meal, but he doesn't want spicy beef jus with his and I'll have a side of fries with a little parmesan cheese on top, please."

"And instead of the Beef Jus, would you like a different sauce or no sauce at all?" He asked.

"What sauces y'all got?" Keanu asked.

"We have curry sauce, barbecue sauce, mango sauce, and roasted peppers sauce."

"Yeah, I'ma take the barbecue sauce."

"Of course. So, for your orders, I have two prime angus ribeye steak meals, one with barbecue sauce and the other with spicy beef jus, and a side of fries with parmesan cheese for the madam and one Tahiti cocktail and water. I'll have your drinks out in no time, and I'll be back with your meals soon." He beamed, closing his notebook.

"Yes, that's right. Thank you." Mieke nodded.

"Preciate it." Keanu said.

"You're welcome! Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you." The waiter said with a smile, before turning around and walking away.

Mieke glanced out at the view outside the open air restaurant, taking in the atmosphere. The blue sky stretched on endlessly, and the sun was just starting to touch the horizon, casting a warm, golden glow on the ocean and the air was cool, a nice breeze brushing against her skin.

They had arrived in Bora Bora earlier today, tired from their 19-hour flight and as soon as they reached their villa they fell asleep, and when they woke up, it was time for their two hour spa session that Keanu had arranged and it left them feeling so good.

"You enjoying the trip?" Keanu asked.

Mieke looked at him with a smile on her face and nodded, saying, "Yes. I feel so relaxed right now."

Keanu looked around at their surroundings and said, "It sholl feels good out here."

"It does." Mieke agreed, her smile widening. "I really liked today. I really needed that spa session. I feel like I could take on the world now."

"You gon love tomorrow too, And every day."

Mieke rested her face on her hand, gazing at Keanu,"Oh you went all out for this trip, Huh?"

"I go all out every trip."

"You do. What are we doing tomorrow?"

"I ain't telling you. It's a surprise like every trip. I ain't telling you what we doing til the day of."

Mieke smiled, "Okay, I trust you. I hope we get to go swimming with sharks and stingrays, though."

"I don't have a death wish like you do."

The waiter came back to their table with their drinks and set the cocktail in front of Mieke and the water in front of Keanu. Both of them said "Thank you." in unison, grabbing their drinks.

"You're welcome." The waiter smiled. "Your food will be right out. If you need anything else, just let me know." With that, he turned and walked away. Mieke picked up her drink and took a sip through the straw before setting it back down.

"It's not as scary as it sounds. They're not even going to bite you unless they feel threatened or provoked, which is why it's important to be respectful of their space other than that they're actually really calm animals." Mieke told Keanu.

"Aight, miss marine biologist." Keanu said with a chuckle as he set his cup down and leaned back.

Mieke rolled her eyes, "Bye." And Keanu busted out laughing. "Lame ass hoe."

"You really wanna go?" Keanu asked, and Mieke nodded. "We might if we got the time." He had that planned already, including a snorkeling trip, knowing how much Mieke loves everything about the marine life and he knew that she'd love it.

"Oh, we're gonna have the time." Mieke replied confidently then picked up her drink, taking a sip through the straw and just as she did, the Otea came out dancing to the beat of loud drums.

"These drums sound exactly like my ass, let me find out." Mieke thought, chuckling to herself.

Mieke handed the drink to Keanu and he took a sip and then pulled away, "This tastes just like the one from the restaurant after the champs."

"It doesss." Mieke dragged and Keanu went to take another sip then she grabbed the drink from him, "You gon drink all of it. Order your own."

"What do you be saying? Yours taste better."

"Shut uppp." She chuckled, twirling her straw around in the glass.

"Why you ain't sitting beside me?" Keanu asked.

"I thought you didn't want to sit beside me."

"You just be thinking shit." Keanu remarked as he stood up. Mieke grinned, scooting over to make room for him and he sat down next to her, and Mieke wrapped her arm around his bicep, resting her head on his shoulder with a smile.

"Hey Smooches." Mieke said, looking up at him.

"Bruh." Keanu said with a smile, then leaned in and pecked her lips. "Wassup Boog."

"You lowkey like when I call you that."

"No I don't." Keanu replied, shaking his head.

"Yes, you do, because I called you it and you started smiling right away." Mieke teased, nudging him. "Aww, it's growing on you."

"I hate it."

"Boy, please." Mieke chuckled as she grabbed his hand and admired the tattoo of her name, tracing the letters with her fingertip. "I can't believe I tried convincing you not to get this. It's so raw. I'm getting yours next when we get back home."

"Where?"

"I don't know yet."

"Get it right here." Keanu suggested, swiping his finger across her forehead.

"Oh you want me to look like a fool basically."

"My fool."

"Boy, bye. I'm thinking of getting it on the side of my neck or my wrist." Mieke looked at her wrist.

"Oh, you for real?" Keanu asked and Mieke nodded. Keanu then looked at her neck, a smile forming on his lips. "Yeah, get it on yo neck."

"Bye Keanu. You're funny." Mieke chuckled and Keanu laughed and with a smile, she took a moment to admire his grills before resting her head back on his bicep. Intertwining their fingers, they gazed at their hands together.

After a few minutes, the waiter came back to the table with a large serving tray, placing it on the table. "Here are your orders, enjoy your meal." He said, passing out the food to Keanu and Mieke. They both said their thanks, and the waiter walked away. Throughout the dinner, Keanu and Mieke enjoyed their food, talked, and watched the Otea and fire dancers perform.

"I'm getting all of this." Keanu said, recording Mieke. They had left the restaurant and were now just wandering around the resort.

"I know you are." Mieke fixed her braids.

"You so beautiful."

"Thank you." Mieke grinned then, her smile dropped, and she asked, "Are you recording?"

"Yeah."

"Keanu. Did you get some pictures in at least?"

Keanu nodded, "Yes they're perfect."

"Okay, good." Mieke said, and Keanu zoomed in on as she stuck up her middle finger. Then, she approached the phone, getting up close to the camera. "We're in motherfucking Bora Boraaa."

"Show yo fit."

Mieke backed away from the camera, "I got on this shirt from Zara, these shorts from Zara, and these sandals are from..." She paused, "Zara too."

"Yo whole closet is just Zara."

"And is." Mieke said before grabbing the phone. Keanu started talking about his outfit, and Mieke stood there recording him, smiling slightly. She really was so in love with her man. When Keanu finished, she turned the phone towards herself and whispered, "All that is coming off tonight."

"What you said?"

"Nothing." Mieke looked at him and then handed him the phone. "Follow thy queen to thy villa."

Mieke started walking towards their villa, with Keanu following. It wasn't a long walk, and when they reached the villa, Mieke looked at the phone and said, "MTV Cribs." She then took out the keycard and swiped it at the door opening it.

Mieke walked to the balcony, pulling the doors open, and stepped outside. "I really like this part." She stated. They had the best view ever.

"You wanna chill out here?" Keanu asked.

"Yeah. Let me go get the cards." Mieke replied. She went back inside and into their room, grabbing the Uno cards. Returning to the balcony, she found Keanu lying on one of the chairs. She sat next to him, crossing her legs, and took the cards out of the box. "You bet not cheat."

"I don't be cheating."

"Sure, sure. Just keep telling yourself that." Mieke shuffled the cards. Once done, she set the deck down, and Keanu picked up his set. Mieke then picked up hers and placed a card down.

They continued playing the game for a while, with Keanu winning the first round. In the midst of their next round, Keanu laid down a draw two card making Mieke smack her lips and he started laughing, "Ahhh."

"Irked." Mieke picked up two cards, placing one down. Keanu played the next card, and Mieke picked up a card from the deck, rolled her eyes, and swapped it for another one. "I'm real irked."

"Cheer up big purr."

"I hate you." Mieke chuckled, placing a card down. "I have a question."

"You tryna distract me." Keanu shook his head.

"No I'm not."

Keanu looked at her for a moment and she looked up from her cards. "What's yo question?"

Mieke paused for a moment before speaking up,"Would you take someone back if they cheated on you but they said it was in their dream? But Martin Luther King had a dream, and it came to life, so wouldn't that mean the person made their cheating come to life?"

"Yes, the color is Jolly Rancher."

"Boy." Mieke chuckled. "That's not my question for real though. My question is, How do you think life would be if we weren't together?" Keanu looked off for a moment, a smile slowly spreading across his face. Mieke's jaw dropped, and she hit him. "Keanu! Why are you smiling?"

Keanu placed a card down as he said, "I'm just fucking with you. It would be boring."

Mieke asked, "I bring the entertainment to your life, right?" Keanu nodded. "Mhm, I'm already knowing. Ouu, I want to ask another question."

Keanu took a sip of his water, "Go ahead."

"Uno." Mieke placed a card down. "What's one question you're afraid to ask me but wanna know the answer to?"

"Ion got one." He picked up a card and thought for a moment. "Yeah, ion got one. What's yours?"

"I don't think I have one either." Mieke replied. She placed her last card down, "Ahhh, I wonn." as she danced a bit in her seat.

"I let you win."

"You swear you be letting me win."

•••

I hate writing peaceful books lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.2K 2.6K 17
"๐˜ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ต, ๐˜ฃ๐˜ถ๐˜ต ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ..."
278K 6.8K 31
๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž, ๐š๐ง๐ ๐š๐ฅ๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐ ๐จ๐ง ๐›๐ž ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ž.
187K 9.5K 25
Dษชssแดแด„ษชแด€แด›ษชแดษด- แด›สœแด‡ แด…ษชsแด„แดษดษดแด‡แด„แด›ษชแดษด แด€ษดแด… สŸแด€แด„แด‹ แดา“ แด„แดษดแด›ษชษดแดœษชแด›ส ส™แด‡แด›แดกแด‡แด‡ษด แด›สœแดแดœษขสœแด›s, sแดœส€ส€แดแดœษดแด…ษชษดษขs, แด€แด„แด›ษชแดษดs, แด€ษดแด… ษชแด…แด‡ษดแด›ษชแด›ส. -๐—๐˜‚๐—ป๐—ฒ ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฎ๐Ÿญ-
112K 4.1K 23
"๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’๐’Œ ๐’š๐’๐’– ๐’‡๐’๐’“ ๐’”๐’‰๐’๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’Ž๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’‚๐’• ๐’“๐’†๐’‚๐’ ๐’๐’๐’—๐’† ๐’Ž๐’†๐’‚๐’๐’” ๐’•๐’“๐’–๐’”๐’•๐’Š๐’๐’ˆ ๐’”๐’๐’Ž๐’†๐’๐’๐’†'๐’” ๐’‰๐’†๐’‚๐’“๐’• ๐’‚๐’๐’… ๐’๐’๐’• ๐’š๐’๏ฟฝ...