The First Female Alpha

By Irisv0731

"Alpha Lightwood will be joining us this meeting." Gasps and mutters of disagreement were heard all around th... More

Meet the Characters
Werewolf Knowledge
Prologue
Chapter 1 - Brielle's Early Years
Chapter 2- Before Tragedy Struck
Chapter 3 - Finding Mate
Chapter 4 - Tragedy Struck
Chapter 5 - Facing the Truth
Chapter 6 - In Loving Memory
Chapter 7 - Ascending
Chapter 8 - "I'm a what?!"
Chapter 9 - Pack Meeting
Chapter 10 - The Alpha Meeting: Part One
Chapter 11 - The Alpha Meeting: Part Two
Chapter 12 - The Alpha Meeting: Part Three
Chapter 13 - Reunions
Chapter 14 - Explanations
Chapter 15 - Rough Morning
Chapter 16 - Meeting Re-Do
Chapter 17 - More Explanations
Chapter 18 - "I could've killed you!"
Chapter 19 - Heading Back Home
Chapter 20 - The Files
Chapter 21 - Home Sweet Home
Chapter 22 - Initiation
Chapter 24 - Rogues
Chapter 25 - Apologies & Phone Calls
Chapter 26 - Change of Plans
Chapter 27 - Not Possible
Chapter 28 - Not Again
Chapter 29 - Change of Plans, Again
Chapter 30 - Make Up Your Mind
Chapter 31 - Eclipse Pack

Chapter 23 - Bad News

240 5 2
By Irisv0731

*Brielle's POV*

"Well Devin, what's this big news you have to share?"

"I'll tell you in just a bit," he muttered, turning to look at the door.

As if on cue, in walked Tyler, Adrian, Max, Noah and even Stephan. Noah and Stephan both stayed by the door almost as if guarding it. Tyler and Max come to stand on either side of me and Adrian stands off to the side. 

"What the hell is going on? Weren't you off with Emma?" I ask Tyler.

"No, it was an excuse to leave and gather everyone as Devin requested."

I turn my questioning gaze over to Devin. Freya was on edge. 

"I asked them to be here for what I am about to tell you," Devin explains. 

"So, they already know?"

"No, he wouldn't tell us what it was about, just that we needed to be here," Tyler states.

"To hear the news or to detain me?" I ask, catching on to Devin's intentions.

"Mostly to detain you, but they should also hear this," Devin admits. 

"Well get on with it."

He looks over at the guys, who give him a curt nod in return. 

"Okay, well after you guys returned home, Alpha Pierce went to talk to my dad. I wasn't in the room for the initial conversation. I was helping Aunt Viv in the kitchen when I just felt this immense feeling of rage overcome me, but I knew it wasn't really my feelings. I was feeling dad's anger through our shared bond. I immediately took off to find him because I have never felt this amount of anger coming from him. I found him in his office, real close to shifting and loosing his shit. Alpha Pierce and his Beta were in there too. My first priority was to calm dad down before he lashed out," he began to summarize. 

Freya became more alert and came forward at the mention of Alpha Pierce. I tried to calm my nerves and gestured for Devin to continue. He hesitated and looked over at Tyler and the rest of the group, who came in closer, circling me. 

'Don't they know they shouldn't cage in an already anxious wolf,' Freya voiced angrily. 

"Just get on with it Devin. Your hesitation is only making Freya flare up."

"After I managed to calm my dad down, I asked what had gotten him so angry. He told me that Alpha Pierce had found some of Jack Pierce's old files and what was in them was very important. He then gestured for me to take a look. After reading and seeing what was in those files, I lost it. I almost lashed out at Alpha Pierce until dad calmed me down and made me see reason."

"Damn it Devin! Just get to the point," I stated, getting fed up with his stalling. 

He was only making Freya worse and I'm already struggling to keep her calm. I felt Tyler and Max place their hands on my shoulders, preparing to keep me down.

"Bri, those files had to do with the attack on Blue Moon 3 years ago. Al-" 

As soon as those words left his mouth, I bolted out of my chair. Tyler and Max were quick to grab and contain me. Freya was already on the surface and I knew my eyes had shifted color. 

"What did those files say," I gritted out.

"They had routes and letters along with some pictures. Everything in there showed how Jack Pierce helped the rogues break in and attack. Inside were pictures of your parents along with some ultrasound pictures. Jack Pierce has been working with the Rogue Alpha the whole time. He had strategically ordered small attacks to neighboring packs to move up the Alpha meeting to get your father out of the pack. Alpha Pierce-"

That was it. I lost all control as Freya surged forward. The news was as much of a shock to the guys as it was to me. In their shocked state, they had loosened their hold on me. I took that to my advantage and bolted. Unfortunately, Noah and Adrian caught on and stood on guard by the door waiting to detain me. This only riled Freya up. I made a quick and rash decision and dashed past Stephan, throwing him across the room. I crashed through the window and shifted midjump as I fell down 3 stories high and landing on all fours. I felt the sting as the shards of glass graced my fur as I jumped through.

I made a mad dash for the woods. My emotions were running high and my thoughts were all over the place. Memories of that day rushed back in as I ran past pack members. They were smart to avoid me as they felt my fury through the link. I could feel the small cuts beginning to heal. 

"Bri! Brielle! Please stop!" Tyler shouts out behind me, but I am already too far ahead of him. 

I can hear the shredding of clothes and know he has shifted. This only made me pick up my pace. Thanks to my upgrade, I was able to outrun him even easier now. I am trying really hard to keep the lid on Freya, but it is getting too hard as my own emotions are swirling and mixing with hers. I am slowly loosing this battle as I can feel her going feral. Freya forced her way through and I was pushed to the back as she took control. All I could do was sit back and watch as she tore through the animals that crossed her path. I tried to regain control but it was too late. We had lost this battle once again. Looks like I'm not as strong as I thought I was, even with this new change. 

My heart dropped as Freya caught site of one of the patrols on duty. He was still unaware of our presence as Freya used our new ability to hide our scent. Fuck, this is so bad. I pushed harder to regain control as Freya got in a predatory stance. She kept her calculating gaze on her new prey. 

'Freya, please don't do this. He's part of our pack, we can't harm him. Please don't repeat the past,' I pleaded, still pushing to regain control.

She ignored my pleas and got ready to leap onto the poor unsuspecting wolf. I continued to fight for control, but it was no use. Freya leaped out from behind the shrub, when suddenly we were tackled down midleap. We rolled around onto the ground with a thud before Freya kicked him off and sent him crashing into a tree. We knew it was Tyler from his scent. The patrol was on alert now as the sound of Tyler hitting the tree caught his attention. Tyler regained his composure as he stood up and shook his fur out. With the patrol on alert now, both him and Tyler began to circle around us. 

Freya got into a fighting stance ready to tear through them, when she sensed more wolves closing in around her. Max, Noah, Adrian and a two of the warriors came out into the clearing, one of the being Stephan. Freya let out a ferocious growl in warning. She wasn't in a stable state and was prepared to fight whoever stood in her way. They all flinched at her growl, but they stood their ground. They were prepared to take me on, which I was grateful for in a way but terrified for them. I was beyond angry at the news, but now that I lost control of Freya, I do need help to stop her rampage. Although I appreciate their bravery, I am terrified that Freya won't hold back and injure them or worse. 

'Bri, please stand down. Don't make us do this,' Tyler begs.

'Alpha, we really don't want to go against you,' Adrian chimes in.

'Brielle I know it's hard, but you need to keep trying to pull her back. Don't let the past repeat itself. Please regain control,' Max inputs.

I am trying really hard to reel her back in, but it's not working no matter how hard I try. Freya isn't affected in the slightest by their pleas. Freya lets out a final warning growl, but this didn't put them off. They were prepared to stop me by any means necessary. At their reaction, Freya got in her offense stance, ready to take them all on. The two warriors were first to come at us from each side, one of the being Stephan. The one on my right went straight in and tried to take a bit into my back, but unfortunately for him, we were faster. We turned last minute, catching him off guard as we bit into his hind leg until we heard a snap. Freya swung her head and flung him right into Stephan causing them both to go hurling into a tree. This didn't stop them as they both immediately got back up, with one limping and standing on 3 legs now. They both looked at each other before they both came at us in together. We leaped over Stephan landing right on top of the one limping. We pinned him down and bit straight into his neck. He pawed at us, leaving deep scratches on any part accessible to him. Just before Freya deepened her bite, Stephan rammed right into our side sending us a few feet away. Freya dug her paws into the ground just before we could crash into the boulder behind us. 

He didn't wait for us to regain composer before he charged at us again. Freya slid under him just as he leap towards us. She dragged her claws all down his underbelly just deep enough to put him down as he let out a whimper of pain. Freya tossed him off us and got into her stance once again, waiting for her next opponent. I could sense the wolf who was on patrol attempting to sneak up behind me. This only angered Freya as she took it as disrespect that this lower ranking wolf thought he could pull a fast one on her. She whipped around, much to the wolf's surprise, and pawed at his face with her claws out. The wolf whimpered and pawed at his face to clear the blood dripping into his eyes. Freya growled out before she went for him again, going for his neck. She bit down hard and the wolf tussled around trying to get free, but only making it harder on himself. He managed to claw at out face, more precisely or eye, causing Freya to release him. Tyler let out a bark and the wolf limped his way towards the pack house, where the other two had gone. Noah and Adrian stepped up just like the first two did, except they were more cautious and calculating. I can see Max pacing in the distance, worried about his pup. Both Noah and Adrian prepare to charge, but stop themselves suddenly. Everyone gets in a defensive stance as their ears perk up. Freya and I immediately caught on as their scent hit our nose. Rogues. 

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~

Hey guys!

This update is dedicated to @KristyMartinPeral. Thank you for your support and votes, I really appreciate it. I hope you continue to enjoy the story, same for everyone else! 

On a side note, I am really proud of myself lol.  4 updates within a month's time! I hope I can keep this up and my creativity keeps flowing. Stay tuned for another update.

Enjoy! 💛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2M 92K 29
{Completed} Jessie Brown once had a normal life, a normal family, friends and a pack. But a hurricane swept over her life and completely turned every...
288K 10K 25
Ellie Pierce has been forced to live the life of a rogue for the last ten years after her entire pack were brutally murdered by the Alpha of a rival...
657K 15.6K 44
Broken by soul, broken by heart. Valeria is Alpha's daughter who has been through lot of loss. She's in no rush finding her mate, so you can imagine...
744 2 102
Alyssa Bentley is the daughter of the Alpha of New Horizon and is set to become the next Alpha of the pack. Shortly after her sixteenth birthday, she...