A Tale of Two Hearts

By Vickelxxx

James comes to live with his father and twin brother after being separated for years, he meets Alice, his twi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10

Chapter 5

2 0 0
By Vickelxxx

Alice was was walking home while thinking of the entire day like her mind depended on it, occasionally she would smile or let out a soft blush, upon getting home, she was still smiling while lost in her imagination when she heard her mom call out to her.

"Alice is that you?." a female voice called out.

"Yes mama, I just got in, I was carried away I didn't call out to you." Alice said while walking to a beautiful lady.

Alice mom is known as Margaret, she was a school mate to Alex and Marie, they were close friends when they were still in high school, when she heard what Marie did to Alice she and her husband, Gerald helped in growing Jeremy, so they were quite close, she just heard from Alex that his son had come the previous day.

"I heard James came back, Alex must be very happy, your dad and I have decided to go to dinner tomorrow, since your dad would be back late today we decided to fix it for tomorrow, young lady you know what to do, get the wine and all others set, your big brothers are coming tomorrow as well." Margaret said

Alice had 3 elder brothers, they were all in college and they were so close most people mistook them for triplets, while they were just born at a very close interval. Alice was already excited about her day and now hearing about her brothers, she became much more excited and ran up stairs to do what she had to.

Margaret smiled as she watched her daughter sprint off, her brothers had been out for a year without coming home, Alice obviously missed them a lot.

***In the Conner's mansion**

James and Jeremy walked around the mansion, the day was way too exciting and they felt really good about it, they laughed and chatted.

"Hey, Jeremy you and Alice is there anything between the both of you?" James asked.

"Huh, no way, Alice nah, she is pretty but me and her no way, Dad will murder me, we are like siblings, why did you ask tho?" Jeremy looked at James with a questioning face.

"Nothing much, I just felt she was really pretty and you're pretty nice as well, you guys could make a nice match."James said.

"Pretty nice? Oi, I'm way more handsome than you are, besides, I don't know why she was so peaceful today, she is always like a vengeful spirit, but I do like her a bit not just expecting anything out of it, besides I have a girlfriend, Courtney would kill me if she heard I had anything for Alice." Jeremy said while faking a shiver.

James was amused by his brother's reaction but did not question it, since he met Alice in the morning he had never felt a reaction as intense since his childhood, her smile was mesmerizing, her voice was soothing and her beauty was just on another level.

Waving his head he shook off his thoughts as they continued walking and exploring the mansion, at the end of the day they walked to James room and went into his study, James saw a computer mounted on the table, a shelf by the side of the table basically this was a dream come through, at the opposite end was a big standing board with paint and papers, apparently his father, just brought these things after hearing about his hobbies.

James and Jeremy talked and chatted while he explored the room, after that Jeremy took him took him to his training room, there was a ball and a court, and a video game corner, basically their Dad wanted his boys to not feel the pains of not having a mother so he spoiled them with their wants a lot.

"Hey, are you hungry?" Jeremy asked James.

"Nah, not at all, but I can grab a bite if you are hungry." he replied.

James and Jeremy walked over to the kitchen and grabbed a snack as they ate and walked back to James room, the boys stayed up till past midnight before sleeping in the room.

Jeremy slept while James laid down on the bed thinking about what his father told him the previous night, even if he didn't want to, he had to consider his father's feelings.

James was extremely conflicted about the entire thing, so he just got up and walked to his inner room, grabbed a pencil and a paper and he started drawing.

At dawn Jeremy woke up to see that he was in James room but he didn't see James, he got up to hear music playing in the inner room so he went there, opening the door he was welcomed by an amazing scene, there was a drawing hanging in the board and it was their Dad, the crazy part was that it was so lifelike.

James was not a novice artist he was a talented artist, he was divine with his drawing, Jeremy was stunned while James did not even notice that someone opened the door.

"Well, you are a good artist, next time say it is your profession, calling this a hobby is underestimating your skill." Jeremy said while walking to James.

James turned a bit shocked just to see his brother walking in casually, he smiled and turned back at his work before speaking.

"Ah, it can't be that exaggerated, besides I was just excited, I couldn't sleep so I came to clear my head, any ways, I'm off for my routine work out, this amazing body of mine didn't just come out on its own." James said as he walked out with Jeremy.

James went into the gym room, maybe because of the previous day's experience, he rather works out in the gym room than his room, on the other hand Jeremy went to take his shower, and checked his phone just to see that Alice sent him a text the previous day.

According to the text she and her entire family are coming to have dinner, Jeremy just looked at the text not exactly surprised or anything, he just sent a text to Courtney to come over for dinner that his brother had come and their Dad was hosting a dinner.

Jeremy and Courtney's relationship was something Alex was aware of, he never shunned Jeremy so as to not create a barrier between him and his son. Jeremy went down the stairs to see his Dad arranging the main room; well more like an event room, it is hardly used.

"Good morning Dad. I heard we are having a dinner tonight" Jeremy said as he met his Dad.

"Yes Jer, I wanted to tell you but you and your brother were having a good time so I decided to do it later, anyways, please make sure Jay doesn't come in this room until it is time for dinner." Alex said.

"Um Dad, I invited Courtney over, you know well she is...." Jeremy said in a soft tone.

"It is fine, I know besides it is not the first time and it is alright as long as you dpn't get out of hand." Alex smiled as he spoke.

Jeremy went and told the maids to bring the meal to James room while he went to the gym to call James to wash up and eat.

"Hey Jay, is it not time you go wash up, I can assure you, you stink hell crazy right now." Jeremy said while faking a disgust face while covering his nostrils,

"Huh, I stink? I should ask around to confirm, surely I remember my masculine smell isn't unappealing." James replied with a smirk, obviously he was just playing with his brother.

"Oi, do not go teasing these maids, Dad would murder you." Jeremy said while shaking his head, his attempt at teasing was a total failure.

"Alright, come go wash up, as for Dad's photo why don't we show it to him at dinner as a surprise, I am sure he will be filed with emotions." Jeremy said with a sly smile.

"Are you sure you aren't planning a revenge, what is with the expression." James said.

"Anyways, let us head out besides I want to spend the entire day painting, let me grace you with beauty of art." James said with a look of pride.

"Now now this is a tempting offer, we are having breakfast in your room, my roo feels dull these days after that you could do a painting of Courtney." Jeremy said while fantasizing.

"Nah, I am doing one of you, I haven't met Courtney yet, besides don't use me to impress your girlfriend do it yourself." James said with a soft smile.

The boys continued their banter as they left to James room, James washed up and ate with Jeremy while they laughed and had conversations about different people.

Later on James and Jeremy went to the Art room(James inner room) and Jeremy sat down at a stool while James painted a picture of him, for an artist James was sure dedicated. The moment he held the pencil his entire aura changed, moving from jovial to dedicated, without a doubt this was James passion.

The day went by while Courtney prepared to come for dinner, Alice and her family got ready as well, while Alex got the main room set for dinner. Everyone was busy getting ready to welcome James Conner into Windsfall town, marking the beginning of a new journey for him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 124 28
Kate and Tabitha feel like they're all alone in the world until they meet in group counseling. Kate is dealing with over-bearing, religious parents a...
3.8K 191 13
Ella has noticed that her twin brother, Jeremy, has become more distant lately. When they suddenly swap bodies, she realises that his life is a lot m...
Sweet Tears By Lily_V

General Fiction

76 2 14
This is a story that everyone never imagined to happen. The story line couldn't be expected. A story of a girl with her friendship and family, everyt...
5.6K 115 21
What happens when your crush and your best friend are brothers? That's Becca's situation. They also live right next door to her. When Becca's world c...