BEST OF LUCK | pjo

By deadlylilac

❝I'm just lucky It's kinda my thing❞ Or in which Clover Hopkins helps Percy Jackson return Zeus' stolen maste... More

BEST OF LUCK
001 | I'm always nice
002 | No way

003 | Seems Easy

228 13 4
By deadlylilac

The swords clashed harshly together. Pushing forward Mary was able to shove Clover. She stumbled slightly her footing faltering and she beads of sweet dripping down her face. Clover grinned sharply after a beat and lunged forward, expecting this Mary side stepped and ended up behind Clover whose back was now towards her. Raising her sword she charged but Clover turned suddenly and their blades met in the middle.

Caught slightly off guard Mary didn't defend when Clover swiped at her hand and her sword clattered to the ground. Clover watched it fall triumphantly her own sword now pointed at Mary. Not intending to lose so easily Mary let herself drop to the ground and swept her leg across Clover's feet sending the girl tumbling down. She coughed violently and breathed in sharply, Mary took this distraction to reach for her sword and stand back up. She stood over her downed opponent her sword pointed between her eyes.

Clover glared, her ponytail has fallen out and the bandanna that had tied it up now laid down next the her sprawled out hair. Mary still stood over her, her twin braids laid gently on each shoulder glued down by her sweat.

Clover after a moment of catching her breath gave her a smile a soft one, and raised her hands up. Seeing this Mary lowered her sword and reached out with her hand. Clover's smile brightened and she slowly reached up to take it, but as she neared her smile sharpened and her legs swept under Mary's sending her down. With an unceremonious grunt Mary was flat on her back.

Clover barked out a laugh as she tried to sit up. She clutched her stomach as she laughed even louder. Unamused Mary propped herself up with her elbows and gave her a glare, though there wasn't an ounce of heat behind it. Watching as Clover failed to control her laughter Mary snorted, which turned in a cackle, and the two loudly laughed together. Both now curled up on the ground clutching at their stomach.

Clover was the first to semi settle down, wiping at the tears in her eyes, she spoke laughter still in her tone, "did you seriously try and stab me in the back?"

Mary gave a faux guilty look that melted away almost immediately as she giggled again, "My bad?"

Clover scoffed and stood up reaching down afterwords for Mary waiting hands, who gently placed her shoes atop Clovers and hefted herself up.

"You gotta be ready for anything especially with this big quest you're going on,"

Clover groaned loudly and ran her hands over her face, whilst shaking her head. She had been hoping to forget about the fact that she, of all people, had been chosen to go on this quest. She had hoped training with Mary would take her mind off the fact she'd be leaving in a few hours, and it had until just now.

"Ugh don't remind me!" Mary only giggled and reached down to grab Clovers bandana.

"You'll be fine Clo,"

Clover fixed her with an unimpressed look, "you don't even know what it's about."

Mary rolled her eyes and shoved the bandana into Clover's hands, "Then tell me,"

"Hades apparently stole Zeus' Master Bolt so we gotta go to the Underworld and get it before WW3 breaks out," towards the end Clover threw up her hands and sighed loudly, "Seems easy, we got this in the bag."

Mary huffed then stood in front of her. She placed her hands firmly on each of Clover's shoulders, and foxed her with a determined stare, "You'll be fine," she told her matter of factly with her signature blinding smile, "I'm a daughter of Apollo I know these things."

She left no room for arguments so Clover just smiled back and nodded her head. She knew she was probably right. Percy had made a decently smart move choosing her. Los Angeles was really far and they were bound to run into monsters. But monsters had never bothered her thanks to her mother's gifts. She'd only ever had trouble the one time on her way into camp. With her around they'd probably be fine. Though when she thought about it she wasn't sure if her gifts could affect other people. So maybe, most likely, they were still pretty screwed.

"Yea whatever," they made it to the entrance of cabin 11 where she still needed to pack. Mary looked up at the cabin fondly remembering the year she spend there before getting claimed.

"Just promise to be nice," Mary demanded sternly, though the serious look did not seem to fit her soft face.

Clover cracked a smile, "I'm always nice."

...

She packed lightly for the trip, not that she had much to take with her anyways.  She met the trio by Thalia's tree. Her bag slung over her shoulders and a jacket tied around her waist. She wore her favorite green converse that Mary had helped stitch stars onto.

Percy and Grover stood together over the tree while Annabeth stood a few feet in front staring fondly at the tree. Clover walked up to stand next to the two boys. Grover smiled softly and waved rapidly she smiled back with a wave of her own.

Grover is nice she thought to herself. She didn't care much for the campers, the feeling was pretty mutual, but the satyrs and nymphs were nice. They weren't quick to judge her based off some gift she got from her goddess of a mother.

She stood next to them the tall grass scratching her ankles, "She's really gonna miss that tree huh?" Percy said as they continued to watch Annabeth.

Grover turned to look at him shaking his head, "When Annabeth first arrived here with Thalia and Luke they were being chased by monsters, agents of Hades, sisters."

Percy slowly nodded, "Furries. Mrs Dodds?"

Grover smiled as Percy's understanding, "One was our algebra teacher, Alecto. Thalia turned back to fight to buy her friends more time, her satyr protector tried to stop her but she wouldn't listen. So at the last moment...Zeus intervened to save her life and...changed her form," both Clover and Percy listened intently as Grover told the story. Clover tilted her head slightly as he omitted the fact that he was Thalia's satyr protector.

Percy furrowed his brows slightly and turned to look at the tree, "So the most powerful being in the universe's best idea to save his daughter's life was to turn her into a tree?"

Clover's lips twitched up slightly, "Eh could've been worse,"  she told him and shrugged, watching as Annabeth walked towards them.

"She was the bravest demigod I ever knew. She fought valiantly and she met a hero's fate." She told them and fond look on her face as she remembered her friend.

Percy must not have cared for the look on her face as he pointed to the tree, "She met a pine cones fate," Clover snorted hand flying to her mouth, but she schooled her expression as Annabeth shot her a glare, but her hand still pressed against her mouth to hide her smile. Neither Grover nor Annabeth looked happy with them for that.

"Forbidden children are always in danger, even the strongest ones, even Thalia. And you are not Thalia, so do exactly as I say and maybe you survive this, are we clear?" She didn't wait for an answer and turned on her heels and started walking away.

Clover rolled her eyes and stuck out her tongue moving her hands and mouth on a mocking way, but stopped at the pointed look Grover gave her. Mumbling a whatever under her breath.

Percy turned towards Grover, "does she think she's in charge?" Clover might have agreed if it weren't for the fact that quest leading was hard and she was just happy it wasn't her.

Grover fixed him with a sympathetic look, "Who'd you think would be in charge?"

Percy sighed and the three of them followed after Annabeth, "I guess I assumed we'd do a show of hands or something," Clover huffed out a laugh and shook her head.

"Not with her so get used to it, we're stuck with her for a whole week."

...

"There is no way this is what sacred smells like," Percy muttered and Clover quickly nodded while she scrunched up her nose and recoiled further into her seat. She almost wanted to laugh her first time leaving camp in over two years and this is what she gets. It almost made her miss the old place. Clover sat criss cross at a window seat next to Annabeth, much to her displeasure.

"We're soldiers on a mission it's not a vacation," Annabeth told him and he immediately rolled his eyes.

"Thank you for clearing that up," he told her flatly then continued, "If this is so important, why didn't Chiron spring for plane tickets? This seems kind of low priority doesn't it?" Clover sighed wishing that could have been an option for them.

The three minus Percy shared a look and Percy looked confused before Grover elaborated, "Sorry I'd assumed someone had told you."

Percy blinked, "told me what?"

"Percy, it isn't just the monsters who are gonna try and stop us. You're a forbidden child. Zeus might decide to take a shot at you himself, the sky is his domain. I'd be serving you up on a silver platter to try and travel through it."

Percy huffed, "yeah no one mentioned that."

Clover sighed begrudgingly, "You get used to it."

They finally pulled into a gas station and Clover immediately wanted to send out a thank you prayer. She couldn't stand another second inside this buss.

Annabeth jumped up, "okay I'm gonna go get us some snacks," Percy shot up before Clover could.

"I'm going with," Annabeth immediately shut him down.

"No, you stay right here."

"Why? It smells terrible back here!"

"Monsters can't smell you through that," she nodded towards the disgusting bathrooms, "so that's where I want you."

Percy wasn't at all convinced, "I wanna vote. Who thinks we should all get to breathe fresh air and buy our own snacks?" Clover definitely raised her hand.

"There's no voting." Annabeth countered ignoring Clovers hand, "chips and sodas ok for you guys?"

"I don't think you should get to decide we don't vote."

"I'm sorry to hear that,"

"Okay I wanna vote on whether you get to decide we don't vote." Clover groaned shoving her face into her hands. This was gonna go no where.

Annabeth agreed, "Grover please can you help your-" the stayr was clapping looking uncomfortable and unsure.

"I really don't wanna be a tie breaker, I have a better idea," He smiled and continued clapping while Clover wished she could run as she recognized the song he began to sing. She definitely preferred Satyrs to campers but she definitely couldn't stand there many, many, many, songs about getting along.

"Oh golly the roads gettin bumpy cause I got me some friends who just can't get along. Oh dear when the teams getting grumpy the trick to gettin through it is singing this song."

Percy had enough, "dude what are you doing?"

"It's the consensus song," he looked at them like they should know this though only Clover seemed to understand somewhat, "verse two encourages us to say nice things about each other! You get a few rounds in and you'd be amazed at how disagreements just..." he trailed off as he looked towards each of them, "..fade away."

"So chips and sodas ok?"

"Whatever."

"Yes please."

Clover stood up to follow her, "ugh finally,"

Annabeth held out a hand blocking her, "No you stay."

Clover scoffed, "Not a chance, if I stay here any longer I might actually barf!"

Annabeth just rolled her eyes which irritated Clover more, "The smell might not mask him completely, so you need to stay just in case,"

"He killed the Minotaur I'm sure he'll be fine,"

The girl sighed angrily, "He might not be so lucky next time so he'll need you, so just stay."

"Wow so my lucks all I'm worth?"

Annabeth quirked a brow, "I don't see any other skills."

She chuckled and reached for the deck of cards slash throwing knives that now felt heavy in her pocket, "Oh I can show you."

"Clover!" Grover whisper shouted staring wide eyed and uncomfortable.

Clover relaxed only slightly and turned to him, "what?"

"She has a point," Clover blinked in disbelief and a bit of betrayal. She turned away from Grover and looked back at Annabeth who had her arms crossed.

Be unreasonable or reasonable?

"Fine." Don't let it be said Clover Hopkins is unreasonable. She crossed her arms and pouted like a sad puppy, "Just get me an apple juice."

And she left Clover glaring as she did. Percy watched for a moment before turning to Grover, "our voting systems broken."

A/N

Funny enough Clover and Annabeth have an amazing friendship and I can't wait to write it.

Also Clover is literally a puppy just scold her a bit and she'll calm down.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

73.4K 2.6K 48
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
9.5M 310K 52
"you're all mine; the hair, the lips, the body, it's all mine." highest previous rankings: - #1 in jimin - #1 in pjm - #1 in btsfanfic cover by: @T...
114K 911 20
|𝐉𝐔𝐉𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐔 𝐊𝐀𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐍 𝐗 𝐅𝐄𝐌 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑| ~•𝐉𝐮𝐣𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐮 𝐊𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐧•~ ~•𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐭𝐬•~ ~•𝐘/𝐧 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚...
998K 61.6K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...