⚜ The Originals | Zariah ⚜ [1]

By Pizza_xoxo

"I am a Mikaelson in anything but blood." New World, XI Century Zariah lived a normal life until her best fri... More

Note
Chapter I - The Beginning
Chapter II - The Beginning. Part 2
Chapter III - The Beginning. Part 3
Chapter V - Everything has changed. Part 2
Chapter VI - Everything has changed. Part 3
Chapter VII - Little warrior
Chapter VIII - Homecoming

Chapter IV - Everything has changed

55 1 0
By Pizza_xoxo

South England, 1492

The Mikaelsons and I have been in England for over a month now. Well, by the Mikaelsons I mean Rebekah, Elijah and Niklaus. Finn is with us too. In a way. He has a magical dagger in his heart. Klaus stabbed him almost 400 years ago and has kept him in a box ever since. And I think Kol is in somewhere Africa. However, I'm not sure.

Many things have changes since I died that night. As it turns out Esther turned her children into what they call vampires. She drew on mystic symbols in order to fuel her spell. She called upon the sun for life, and the white oak tree. In order to complete the ritual, Mikael had his children drink wine laced with the blood of Tatia, that apparently was a doppelgänger. When they awoke in transition, Mikael made them drink human blood from a village girl in order to complete their transformation into the Original vampires. Unfortunately for them, there were consequences for this transformation, and nature sought to try to restore the balance they upset by giving them a weakness for every new strength they had gained.

The sun that gave them life burned them, their thirst for human blood was insatiable, and they could not enter a home without invitation. Vervain flowers, which grew at the base of the white oak tree, burned them and protected against compulsion. Finally, the White Oak Tree, which gave them immortality, was also the only thing on earth that could kill them.

When Klaus made his first kill after being turned into a vampire, it triggered his werewolf gene. That is what I saw the night that I died. It also ultimately revealed the truth of his parentage. Klaus was not Mikael's son but was instead the son of the Alpha of werewolf clan, with whom Esther had an affair. Once Mikael learned of Esther's infidelity and realized that her lover's pack were the werewolves who had killed Henrik, Mikael hunted down and killed Klaus' father and his entire family.

As it turned out I didn't fully die that night. I also turned into a vampire. A first ever sired vampire and I became truly immortal. The necklace my mother gave me and that my aunt always scouted me to wear, gave me immortality. Every time I died, it brought me back to life. Until one day when a friendly witch transferred the spell of the necklace into me. To keep me safe we made up a lie that I am also an original and that Esther also turned me the night she turned her children. My aunt made me a daylight ring, identical to the one the Mikaelsons wear and after Esters death, we fled together to the New World.

I haven't been to England since 1237. The last time I was in this beautiful country I met a handsome prince whom I fell in love with. My happiness didn't last long and the handsome prince was turned into a vampire and I had to run away.

I really don't know why Niklaus wanted to celebrate his birthday in this place. Of all the beautiful places in the world he chose to return to England.

I was in my room. The maids helped me dress in a burgundy dress with silver inserts that Rebekah had prepared for me. I hated it when I had to wear dresses with corsets, they were impossible to breathe in and were stiff. I was in the middle of putting up my curls when someone knocked on my door.

"Please come in." I said while looking at myself in the mirror

It was Elijah that entered the room. I turned toward him.

"You look lovely." He commented and came closer to me.

"Elijah, remind me why I have to go there?" I asked and turned against to look into the mirror.

Klaus was planning a birthday celebration today and I had zero interest attending it. He has changed a lot since we turned. We all did. I saw Rebekah's innocence disappear, Kol became ruthless, Elijah became stoic and over-protective over us. But Klaus. Klaus was the worst. Only thing he wanted was to break that stupid curse and he would do it at any cost.

"Because it's his birthday. Besides, it's the only day of the year when I ask you to be kind to him." He answered

"I thought this day was Yule?" I said jokingly. He smiled at me headed towards the door

"I will let you finish."

__________

The party was full of aristocrats. I din't know who most of them were and I didn't care. They weren't worth nothing more than food anyways. I looked into the crowd. I didn't see Rebekah anywhere but I noticed Trevor talking to a brunette in a blue dress. Ever since Klaus turned him about a year ago, the young vampire he has been trying to do everything  to get into Klaus' inner circle and get daylight ring. When he noticed us, he excused the girl and approached us.

"Good evening, Trevor. I am pleased you could join us." Elijah greeted Trevor with a fake smile

"I could not miss the birthday celebration." he replied and bowed in front of us. How pathetic.

Even though we were aristocrats, I hated it when people sucked up to us. It was so artificial and they always tried to get something from us in return.

"So, where's the surprise?" I asked bored

"Right this way."

Trevor lead us to the girl he was talking to earlier. He went up to the girl and she turned to look at us. Her face. I could not believe that. She looked identical to the girl that died almost five hundred years ago. She looked exactly like Tatia. She was a doppelgänger. I looked at Elijah. His eyes were fixed on the girl.

"Hello." the brunette greeted

"Katerina. I would like to introduce you to Lord Elijah and Lady Zariah." the young vampire introduced us to the doppelgänger

"Forgive me. You remind me of someone." I drawled, still looking at her in disbelief

"Pleasure to meet you." the girl said and bowed to us with a sweet smile

"The pleasure is all mine." Elijah answered and took her hand in his and kisses it

I could see right through him. He wanted to know this mysterious girl at all costs. I'm sure she reminded him of Tatia or even his other lover whom he had leave when we fled yet again. Katerina told us where she came from and why she came to England. She was a sweet, innocent girl. So full of life.

"So, where is this mysterious man I've heard so much about?" asked Katerina, looking around the room

"Fashionably late." Elijah turned towards the girl

"He likes to make an entrance." I interrupted him

"There he is." Elijah pointed to the stairs from which Klaus was descending

Klaus, of course, like Klaus, liked to make an impression. Everyone in the room looked at the vampire and he approached us.

"Katerina, may I introduce to you the lord Niklaus."

Elijah introduced him to the girl. And she bowed slightly. Klaus also took her hand and kissed it.

"Niklaus is the name my father gave me. Please, call me Klaus. From where have you come, Katerina?"

"Katerina is from Bulgaria." I answered for her

"Zdravei, Katerina." he tried to show off by speaking in Bulgarian

The brunette started laughing and Klaus excused himself and took the girl with him. Elijah again wished him happy birthday. Klaus left with Katerina and I turned to Elijah. What was that about that girl?

"So that is why you wanted to return to England? Because of that girl? Can you tell me what the hell this is about?" I raised my voice

"Maybe a little discretion." He took my arm and led me out of the room so no one could hear us.

"We heard news about Katerina. She is a doppelgänger. Niklaus needs her to break the curse."

"So she is going to die? Just like Tatia did right?"

I'm as furious with them as I am with Trevor who brought her here. I remember perfectly when Tatia disappeared. Then it turned out that Esther used her blood to put Klaus' w side to sleep. She killed her and now the same thing will happen to Katerina.

"I won't let her die." he announced

________

This chapter is a bit of a filler to show how the Mikaelsons changed before we go to modern times.

It also had a bit of dialog and it was a bit hard for me to write but I pushed through and I hope you like it. <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

574K 20.8K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
1.2M 52.1K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
1M 38.7K 90
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...