Icebound Hearts

By pixwrites111

When two rival hearts tangle themselves in one another, when push comes to shove and sacrifices have to be ma... More

Intro + Character aesthetics
Playlist💫
Dedication
1 : A moment
2 : The senior card
3 : Delusional
4 : Blonde sensation
5 : She's a dream
6 : Chocolate milkshake
7 : The Encounter
8 : I Break
9 : The Cheerleader
10 : The cowgirl and The playboy bunny
11 : Maneater
12 : Stupid Gods
13 : Just us
14 : The pink goo
16: Yeah, Okay
17 : The "date"
18 : Mario kart and an almost kiss
19 : Hectic Dinners
20 : The Unwelcome Feeling
21 : Yes
22 : Spicy Times
23 : Never
24 : The Rink
25 : Ray Of Sunshine
26 : Haunted
27 : Broken Birthday Boy
28 : My Secret
29 : My fucked up boyfriend
30: Ride or Die
31 : Double Dates
32 : L O V E
33 : Introductions and Confrontations
34 : Invitations
35 : The call
36 : My found family
37 : Walk away with my heart
38 : Lovesick
39 : Pain
40 : August
41 : Universes Apart
42 : Strength
Character board
43 : The letter
44 : Tears and Reunions
Epilogue
!NEW BOOK!

15 : The ex boyfriend

3.8K 74 21
By pixwrites111

"Tears are words that need to be written"
➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷
Luke

"This is such a dumb movie" I groan bored at the Disney movie playing on the TV,

"You're just trying to look good for your reputation" she ticks at me before her attention turns back to Moana.

Ok, maybe this movie isn't that bad, but it definitely isn't amazing. If I have to listen to moana sing about how much she loves the ocean one more time I'm gonna lose it.

"It's so pretty" Lizzie whispers her eyes lighting up. We took off the face mask an hour ago - correction, she took hers off and helped me with mine - and we started watching the movie a little while after, so I'm guessing that it's probably around eleven now.

"What do you think your spirit animal is?" She blurts out turning to face me, a blush creeps onto her face when she realises I was already looking at her.

"I don't know, what do you think?" I say nudging her shoulder, she straightens her back and analyses me, at first I think that's she's just joking but then I realise she's being dead serious.

"I don't like feeling judged Elizabeth" I tease her as she returns to her place on my side leaning on my shoulder, I instinctively wrap an arm around her waist bringing her closer to me. Not close enough.

"You're like a shark" she replies her focus still on the movie,

"Why?"

"People portray them as the bad guys but in reality they're just sharks" My breath gets stuck in my throat as I look down at her, her perfect face, brown hazel eyes and plump lips, her golden wavy hair.

This girl has the biggest heart in this entire world and she continues to show me it, I would worship the ground she walked on if she let me, if nothing was in our way.

She notices my silence and turns her head to look up at me, her expression grows soft and a half smile forms on her lips.

"You are something else Lizzie Myers" I mumble,

"I know I'm pretty awesome" Awesome doesn't even begin to describe her.

"Hey don't you have to leave at 11:30" I frown as she takes a double take at her phone, but I still nod in response.

"It's already 12" I shoot up from my spot on the couch causing Lizzie to lose balance for a second before she regains her composure. I guess my time guessing skills need work.

"Shit I have to go, I'm sorry" I say as I grab my phone from the table and scroll through the texts from the hockey chat.

"No worries" she says and for a brief moment I swear I see disappointment wash over her,

"Lizzie I-" my words get cut off as I open the front door.

A tall scrawny looking guy is standing outside the door, he has dark purple eye bags and just by looking at him I can tell he is drunk.

He seems to compose himself as he takes me in and then slowly looking behind me, Lizzie comes up next to me with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Jax?" She says, the name sounds familiar and it's not until a moment longer that I realise who he is, her ex.

I take another good look at the guy, sure he looks okay looking but come on, Lizzie went out with him when she could have anyone.

"Lizzie" he breathes out, I don't like it, I don't like how he says her name or how he looks at her.

"What are you doing here?" She huffs out in frustration, I inch closer to her when I notice her fingers shaking around the door handle.

"What is he doing here?!" He shouts before flicking his attention to me again,

"Man-" I start trying to remain calm, he's intoxicated so I don't use a harsh tone because he probably doesn't know what the fuck he is doing.

"The rival hockey team captain, are you shitting me Lizzie?! That's who you're fucking!" I flinch at his choice of words as he steps closer to her, I immediately intercept him grabbing her waist to put her behind me.

"I always knew you were a slut. Didn't know you were also a groupie with the puck bunnies" he spits out, I can feel Lizzie's body shiver as she processes the words but all I can see is red.

"Don't fucking call her that asshole" I growl, Lizzie drops her head to my back, her silent shakes vibrating through my body.

"You say one more thing about her or even fucking look at her and I am going to beat the shit out of you"

"Why don't you come face me Lizzie?! Did you sleep with him for the money you poor bitch " He shouts and that's my breaking point, I let go of Lizzie waist but not before gently pushing her away from me so she doesn't get hurt.

I jump onto him continuously punching him, he lands on the floor from impact but gets a good right swing at me causing my lip to cut,

My punches get sloppy, blood covers my knuckles and I zone out, I feel him start punching my face and that's when I hear her.

I look back and see Lizzie with wide eyes and all colour drained from her face and I wonder if I look like my father.

I slowly back away from him as he jumps back up from the floor with two black eyes and a bloody nose, my right hand trembles a bit.

"Get you're dog on a leash Lizzie" he spits out blood and I immediately walk back up to him again ready for round two but a blonde intercepts me before I can get to him.

"Jax, I don't know what the fuck you think you're doing here or why you showed up but you have no right. We broke up, get over it"

"I miss you" I roll my eyes and scoff at his words causing him to glare at me,

"I'm a better person alone" her words that are meant to hit him hit me as well, she likes not being with another person. I don't know why I care I just know I don't like those words coming out of her.

she's different.

"Is it because of him" he shouts and like second nature I step towards her.

"No, I make my own decisions. I'm not fucking him either, we're friends and he is a pretty good friend so don't go running your mouth about him" I smile at her reluctance to call us friends,

"You're protecting him from me you know? You're standing by him. I love you!" Suddenly I realise that too, she's defending me because with everything and everyone telling her not too, she's defending me.

"You don't love me Jax, not anymore. You might've once, but I've felt what it feels like too be loved and this isn't it" she says slowly, he seems to have calmed down his pupils shaking as he stares at her.

"I love you, I would do anything for you." He whisper-yells,

"Then leave and don't spread rumours about me or Luke." She says strongly, he takes a long look at her and I have the overwhelming urge to pick her up and take her away from him.

"Lizzie-"

"Leave." She cuts him off, he takes a look at both of us before walking away. Once he emerges down the stairs I tug Lizzie back into her dorm, placing my hands on her shoulders.

She looks up at me with red eyes before smashing into my chest, securing her arms tightly around me she cries and shouts and cries.

"Did you hear what-" she hiccups "he called me, he said-" I cut her off before she can say the words,

"shhh baby"
"It's okay" I rub circles along her back,

"Do you think what he does about me?" She hiccups softly looking up at me with her beautiful brown eyes,

"Not in a million years. You are perfect Elizabeth, nothing and I mean nothing could change the way I see you in my eyes. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise." I whisper to her as I kiss the top of her head.

Lizzie Myers was a force, a force I wanted to reckon with.

➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷

🥹🥹🥹

I'm also thinking of doing some bonus scenes for my other book 'our misfortune' let me know if you guys want that.

It mentions Lizzie and Luke but it's written before they knew each other but their first encounter is in it😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 14.3K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...
50.5K 684 24
They've known each other for years. He's liked her from the moment he met her. She's an entirely different story. Freshman year is throwing them for...
6K 127 37
With her nose in books and his brawn getting him nowhere on or off the ice, they find themselves drawn together, sharing their baggage and behaving b...
23.5K 361 15
"Got a boy back home in Michigan and it tastes like Jack when I'm kissing him." 'study buddies' can mean a bunch of different things. especially if y...