Becoming the Storm

By Jss2141

Fate and the Devil works in mysterious ways but sometimes, the two of them can come together as one. I do not... More

Ch. 1: Return of Sparda
Ch. 2: It Begins Again
Ch. 3: The First Battle
Ch. 4: Taming the Wolf
Ch. 5: Power Lunch
Ch. 6: Learning New Things
Ch. 8: Worrisome
Ch. 9: The Rising Rebel
Ch. 10: Something's Fishy
Ch. 11: Planning Problems
Ch. 12: Finding Hope

Ch. 7: Demon Power!

176 10 3
By Jss2141

A few days later, Luz was in the woods, fighting off another round of demons. She swung the yamato at one, before shoving it backwards and impaling another one in the chest.

"This is getting annoying!" Luz shouted, frustrated! "Are these guys gonna interrupt every training session?!

'This is quite good honestly.' Yamato said, 'The more of them you fight, the better in combat you get.'

'I would prefer to train more before facing enemies! It's like going into a video game tournament when you've never played the game!' Luz thought, ducking an attack and slashing a demon up the middle!

'Well either way this seems like a decent time to teach you Darkslayer.' Yamato said.

'A new move? YES!' Luz thought, blocking an attack and skidding back.

'Focus, Darkslayer is a special ability, think of the enemy, focus on closing the gap between you and them.' Yamato said, '... Now!'

Luz felt a sudden gust of wind and she opened her eyes, she was in front of a demon that she was several feet away a moment ago.

'A teleportation attack?!' Luz thought as she attacked in instinct, slashing three times!

'Good, again!' Yamato ordered.

A demon tried running away, she dashed to it and swung the Yamato, still in the case, at it, before grabbing the handle and delivering a painful slash to it.

'This is so cool! I can see why Hunter loves teleporting so much!' Luz thought before ducking a slash and jumping up to stab the demon behind her!

'The more you practice, the more powerful your dash will be, even letting you do more than just a quick teleporting dash.' Yamato instructed.

'And one step closer to cutting open a portal back to the demon realm!' Luz thought as she smiled, enjoying the battle more than before.

Luz sliced through the demons with ease, before noticing something on the ground of one she just killed.

"Uh, what's this?" She asked, holding up a red crystal.

'A red orb, the official name for crystalized demons blood.' Yamato said, 'It will allow you to learn abilities faster, we just need to find a divinity statue.'

"A divinity statue?" Luz asked before killing the last demon. "You mean like some sort of shrine?"

'It's a special statue, offer it demon blood and it will allow you great knowledge of abilities.' Yamato said.

"Really? So where can I find one?" Luz asked, making the blade vanished back into her soul. "I mean, you were around here randomly. Maybe one is nearby?"

'The blood will start glowing when you get close.' The magic sword replied.

Confused but understanding this, Luz just moved the red orb of crystallized demon blood around to try to find a divinity statue nearby.

'You know, now that I think about it, a statue like that being in a town with witch hunting history doesn't seem that crazy.' Luz thought. 'Actually nothing about my life seems crazy anymore.'

Luz continued moving the orb around before she saw it glowing, moving towards that direction as the red orb slowly began flashing in a consistent rhythm.

"It must be this way." Luz muttered.

Luz continued to follow the orb, focusing on its glow growing brighter and brighter instead of what was ahead of her.

'Luz, look up.' Yamato said.

Luz slowly looked up.

"You have got to be kidding me." Luz said with wide eyes.

The very location of the divine statue was inside or below the very cabin her friends had been using for their research.

"How have we never known this... and how am I supposed to get to it if they hang out inside it all the time!?" Luz shouted in shock.

'The statue must've been hidden here long ago. Long before this house was constructed, search around for a possible entrance to a secret cave where the statue is hidden.' Yamato said.

'Got it.' Luz thought.

Quickly peaking into the house, Luz made sure nobody was inside before she moved around the house as the red orb as flashing at a steady pace. If it got faster or brighter, Luz would find the secret entrance outside.

'Come on, come on, lead me to something good.' Luz thought.

Luz reached the back of the house before the orb flash brightly, making Luz reach around before pointing it to the ground where it flashed even brighter.

'So it's in the basement.' Luz thought before rushing inside of the house and down to the basement.

She followed the glow until she walked into a wall.

"Ouch." Luz said before rubbing her head. "A literal dead end."

'Draw me. My guess it is a pocket dimension.' Yamato said.

"Oh! So it must be sealed off." Luz said, before grabbing Yamato's handle.

Pulling the sword out, it flashed with blue light as a crack formed down the wall and split apart to reveal a sort of stairwell.

'As I said, a pocket dimension. Clever.' Yamato said.

'Who could've blocked this off?' Luz thought.

'I don't know but this works in our favor. Now you can collect more orbs and not have to go fair to cash them in. As you humans put it.' Yamato said.

'Yeah, you're right.' Luz thought.

Luz walked down the stairway, seeing torches on the wall to light the way for her as the entrance shut behind her.

'Don't worry. It will open back up once you leave.' Yamato said.

"This feels... familiar." Luz said, feeling like she's seen a place like this before.

'Temen-Ni-Gru. Vergil traversed the tower once. His memories are slowly beginning to enter your mind.' Yamato explained.

'His memories? But why?' Luz thought, approaching the statue.

'My guess it is to help you understand your new life as a member of the Sparda bloodline.' Yamato explained. 'And here I thought my life couldn't get anymore crazy.'

Once in front of the statue, Luz saw the red orb shining as bright as it could be as she held it out to the statue.

"So what happens next?" Luz asked.

'Touch the statue with the blood.' The sword said.

Nodding, Luz held the orb out and gently touched it on the chest of the statue. It started glowing brightly.

The orb suddenly shattered before the blood turned into demonic energy and entered into Luz's chest.

"UGH!" Luz grunted from the rush of energy into her body.

She let out a breath afterwards, that was... interesting to say the least.

"That was.....something." Luz said with a slight groan.

'You will get used to it.' Yamato said with a "nod." 'Now, what did It tell you?'

"What it told me?" Luz asked before a rush of information came into her head.

Telling her about a demonic skill she could use and exactly how much power it takes to use it. Luz felt power in her grow as she looked at her hands.

'I repeat, what did the blood tell you?' Yamato repeated.

"It told me how to...use a new attack." Luz said before summoning Beowulf.

Luz jumped in the air, and then jumped again, with a white light platform appearing beneath her (Air Hike).

"A double jump?!" Luz asked in awe.

'Yes it is known as "Air Hike." Like in your video games. Even mundane skills can be useful in battle.' Yamato said as Luz landed on the ground. 'Try it again with the downward kick.'

Luz took a breath before jumping again, using Air Hike to go higher before bringing her leg up!

"HA!" Luz shouted, a diagonal kick slammed onto the ground and a bright light flashing when she hit the ground.

"This is so cool! So the more red orbs I find, the more powers and abilities I unlock from you and Beowulf." Luz said with a grin.

'Yes but you should focus more in mastering me. My power is greater and can be more useful for your current goal.' Yamato said.

"Well, yes, but I still want to use Beowulf more. It's a shame to have a weapon and NOT use it." Luz said.

'True, but you are far from mastering either of us.' Yamato stated.

"Progress is still progress, Yami." Luz said, making Beowulf vanish.

'Do not call me that.' Yamato said.

"Nope. It's your new nickname." Luz said with a grin.

'Suddenly I wish I could stab you.' Yamato said.

Luz chuckled at "him" as she took her leave and headed back up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 366 19
"This war's brought us pain and suffering and loss. But it's also brought us together--as soldiers, allies, friends. This bond that ties us together...
653K 39.9K 104
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
881K 40.9K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
37.8K 487 45
Peter Parker is secretly a spider Faunus who rarely shows his abilities in public unless he is the web slinging vigilante Spider-Man. When he gets ac...