Cameryn May - A Fresh Start

By matildas_awfc19

Cameryn May is a 19-year-old Bristol City player who has finally received her first call-up for the senior En... More

Intro & Characters
Chapter 1 - Goodbyes and Hellos
Chapter 2 - A Simple Task
Chapter 3 - The Roomie
Chapter 4 - The New Squad
Chapter 5 - First Training
Chapter 6 - Team Day Out
Chapter 7 - Flashback
Chapter 8 - Spain Trip
Chapter 9 - The Spain Game
Chapter 10 - The Germany Game
Chapter 11 - The Australia Game
Chapter 12 - Beach Day
Chapter 13 - The End of Camp
Chapter 14 - Arsenal Day One
Chapter 15 - Debut Game Part 1
Chapter 16 - Debut Game Part 2
Chapter 17 - 20th of November
Chapter 18 - The Arsenal Girls
NOT AN UPDATE

Chapter 19 - My Girl

1.2K 35 1
By matildas_awfc19

The sun peeked through the half-open curtains, apparently, no one had thought to shut it last night. Cameryn's eyes squinted open as the rays fell on her face, she was entirely tucked under the blankets with her arms wrapped around someone's waist. As she finally adjusted to the bright light she saw the familiar blonde wide awake glancing towards her.

"What are you looking at?" asked Cameryn as her eyes threatened to shut.

"Nothing," Leah replied.

"I'm not nothing," she argued but her voice didn't make the argument sound very convincing.

"Come here," Leah said as she patted the bed for Cam to sit up next to her.

The brunette obliged pulling herself out from underneath the covers and up to sit next to Leah. She was snuggled in close holding the edge of Leah's shirt like she always did when she was nervous. Cam turned her head tucking her eyes into Leah's neck to hide from the bright lights, way too bright for this early in the morning.

"What are you stressed about?" asked Leah as she studied the fiddling fingers that played with her shirt.

"I'm fine. Quick question though, how did I end up in your bed?" asked Cam.

"I carried you up here, you were fast asleep," replied Leah.

"Oh okay," replied Cameryn before shutting her eyes and nearly falling asleep again.

"Do you want to talk about what happened last night?" asked Leah.

"The kiss?" questioned Cameryn which caused Leah to nod, "Umm I mean yeah eventually but I just want to sleep right now".

Leah continued to nod and pulled Cameryn to sit on her lap facing her. Cameryn took this as her opportunity to sleep again by planting her face back into Leah's neck.

"Cam look at me," pleaded Leah but Cameryn ignored her.

"Just hold me and let me sleep please," replied Cameryn which Leah agreed to. She wrapped her arms right around Cam's waist holding the younger girl in tight as she drifted off to sleep.

Leah could feel Cam's gentle breaths on the back of her neck making her shiver. She proceeded to slide her hand underneath the edge of Cam's shirt resting it on the brunette's hip and moving her thumb back and forth, but the sleeping girl quickly brushed Leah's hand off of her placing it back on top of her shirt.

Leah didn't question it just left her hand resting where it was placed. Time passed and Leah was still wide awake while the younger girl slept on her lap, she held her tight attempting to sleep herself but her efforts yielded no result.

Eventually, she decided she'd had enough and woke Cam up gently kissing her face, "good morning my girl," she said as she placed a final kiss on the girl's cheek.

"It's still so early," Cam mumbled.

"Cam, it's legit 10 am, we need to get up."

"Can we talk first?" asked the brunette lifting herself off Leah's chest to make eye contact with her. She took Leah's hands and placed them on her hips before taking a breath and gripping the edge of the blonde's shirt for comfort.

"What's wrong Cam?" asked Leah.

"Can we take this slow?" Cameryn asked avoiding eye contact.

"Yes of course," Leah replied placing her thumb under Cameryn's shirt again to caress her hip. Cam flinched and pushed Leah's hand off her, she quickly jumped off Leah and headed out the door and into her own room.

"Cameryn!" Leah called after her but there was no response.

Leah jumped up, threw a hoodie on and walked across the landing to the closed door to Cameryn's bedroom where she carefully knocked three times. There was no response so she tried again but once again nothing.

"Cam," she spoke quietly hoping to get a response but nothing. "Cam, I don't know what happened but I want you to talk to me, please." Leah slid down the door resting her back against it, staring at the ceiling. "Cam, I'm waiting here, until you're ready I'll wait."

"Go away," croaked out Cam from the other side of the door, her voice sounded strained like she'd been crying.

"No Cam, it's not going to help anything if you hide away and don't tell me what's bothering you." Leah stood up once again and tried the door handle which was surprisingly unlocked prompting her to open it, even if she was intruding on Cameryn's privacy.

As she opened the door she saw Cameryn sat curled up at the foot of her bed, hugging the Arsenal hoodie she got from Leah to her chest. Her head was tucked down into the hoodie so the blonde was unsure if she even knew they were both in the room.

"Cam," she whispered grabbing the girl's attention.

"What are you doing, I told you to go away?" Cameryn replied.

"I'm not going anywhere, I need you to talk to me?" Leah said raising her eyebrows.

"Le, it's nothing."

"Why did you push my hand off your hip, twice?" she asked.

"Leah, I'm 20 years old and have played professional football since I was 17 years old. Everyone around me has been substantially older meaning I haven't had a dating life, ever," Cam said out of breath.

Leah was puzzled but she worked hard to try and figure out what the younger girl was implying.

"I've never let someone this close to me Leah, yes I've kissed people, but nothing more, and that scares me beyond belief."

Leah diverted her gaze to the floor, how stupid could she be? She took a seat next to Cameryn placing an arm around her and pulling her in.

"I'm sorry," Leah mumbled.

"For what?"

"I didn't realise," she continued. "I know there is an age gap between us but I didn't realise just how big it was."

"Leah, the average 20-year-old would be fine, but I'm not the average 20-year-old now am I?" Cameryn questioned.

"Now I see why you asked to take things slow."

"I don't want you to feel like you're dating a teenager, but sometimes I'm going to be scared and it's just a part of being with me. I also don't want to put a label on us just yet."

Leah nodded and kissed Cameryn on the head in comfort. "Your pace, always," Leah said.

Cam rested her hand on Leah's cheek, who had been purposely avoiding eye contact, to direct her face down. The brunette lifted herself up to reach Leah's lips placing a gentle kiss on them, before letting Leah take over. She placed her hands on the younger girl's hips directing her to sit on her lap like they were before.

"I want this," Cam said, "just slowly". Leah nodded before going in for another kiss, holding Cameryn close.

"What do you want to do today?" asked the blonde as she pulled away from the kiss.

"We have to do something?" asked Cameryn in response simply dumbfounded at the thought of having to leave the house.

"Well we don't have to," Leah said as she slid her hand under Cameryn's shirt once again.

"Leah," Cam scolded.

"Sorry."

"Well, we could go on a date?" asked Cam as if she was scared Leah would say no.

"Hey, I wanted to ask," Leah sulked.

"I just suggested the idea, you can still ask," replied Cam through gritted teeth.

"Cameryn May, will you go on a date with me?" asked Leah with a grin on her face.

"Oh wow, how formal?" laughed Cam, "but yes, I would love to".

Leah grabbed Cam's face pulling her in for a kiss, "okay that's settled then, but now I need the day to plan it," she laughed.

Cameryn shook her head before jumping up to go change for the day, "it better be good if it's taking you all day to plan," she laughed.

"Hey come back for a sec," Leah called out resulting in Cam bouncing back into the room from her wardrobe, "come here," she said patting the bed. Cam jumped back onto the bed in Leah's arms, "I just want another kiss," she whispered. The brunette smirked and tried to turn away before being pulled in for what started as a seemingly aggressive kiss.

Cameryn quickly relaxed into Leah's grip letting the blonde guide the kiss as always. It was heaven on Earth to her, everything she never knew she wanted. How did something she hadn't properly thought about take over her life so quickly?

"Okay, go get ready," spoke Leah as began to push Cam out of the bed. "I've got to figure out what on Earth we are doing."

Cameryn laughed and pranced into her wardrobe once again, "good luck with that," she called out behind herself. She picked out a simple pair of white jeans, a navy hoodie to wear for the day, she decided she would change again later if necessary.

The day seemed rather slow, and Cameryn hadn't seen much of Leah. She was constantly trying to find the blonde in the house, and the whole time Leah seemed rather secretive. She was constantly closing doors behind her as she walked out and body blocking Cameryn from entering certain rooms.

"Umm, can I please go into my bedroom?" asked Cameryn as Leah stepped in front of the door.

"Actually, it's my bedroom, yours is over there," pointed Leah.

Cameryn sulked and walked off leaving Leah to feel quite disappointed in herself, but she knew it would all work out in the end.

Hours had passed and the sun was low in the sky. "Cam," called out Leah trying to find the young brunette, "Cam!" There was no response which peaked concern in Leah's voice as she raced around the house trying to find her girl.

Eventually, Leah noticed Cameryn's closed door, which she lightly knocked on before trying the doorknob. It was locked.

"Cam," Leah whispered hoping to get a response. Nothing. She tried the doorknob again before knocking once more, "Cameryn," she spoke slightly louder.

"Go away Leah," mumbled Cameryn from inside the door. 

"No, let me in," spoke Leah rather aggressively.

"Leah. I said 'go away'," replied Cameryn still mumbling under her breath.

"This is really giving Frozen vibes, like Anna and Elsa on either side of the door," Leah continued which she received a light giggle in response, but then silence once again.

Finally, the door opened to reveal Cameryn standing in her pyjamas with Leah's hoodie hung over her body. Her face was tear-stained and her eyes were red. Leah immediately swooped her into her arms with no hesitation, holding her girl as close as possible.

"What's wrong my girl? This is the second time today you've shut yourself in your room, talk to me," asked Leah as placed Cameryn's arms over her shoulders allowing herself to wrap her arms around the brunette's waist. 

"It's nothing," whispered Cam.

"It's clearly not nothing, I can see that tears have been running down your cheeks for what could have been hours."

"I'm fine."

"Don't lie," murmured Leah as she carefully picked up Cam onto her hips. She held the younger girl under her thighs holding her close to her chest.

The blonde made her way back to her own room where she laid Cam down under the blankets before climbing in beside her. She didn't question anything else, just spooned the girl close to her body, placing gentle kisses on the brunette's head.

"Leah," Cam sniffled as she wiped her cheek.

"Yes my girl," replied Leah.

"Why have you been ignoring me?" she asked.

"Ignoring you?! I haven't been ignoring you."

"Yes you have Le, all day, shutting doors and sneaking around the house," continued Cam as she continued to sniffle.

"Cam," Leah said as she tried to get the girl to roll to face her. "Baby," she whispered.

Cameryn's ears perked at the nickname, causing her to immediately roll over in Leah's arms, "what did you call me?" she asked as she rolled.

"Baby?" Leah questioned.

"Why?"

"I don't know, it felt right?" continued Leah.

"Okay," Cam said. She placed a hand on Leah's chest, feeling her heartbeat begin to race. Cameryn tried to lean up but couldn't reach all the way, so Leah closed the distance bringing her lips to the still teary-eyed brunette.

She didn't want to pull away first, so instead she grasped the back of Cameryn's neck forcing the kiss to be deeper. Leah ran her tongue along Cam's bottom lip causing the brunette to shudder but not pull away.

Finally, Cam grew short of breath and pulled back breathing heavily. "Okay, I forgive you," Cam laughed. "Can I ask though, what were you doing today?"

"I was trying to plan something special for you for our first date," explained Leah.

"You know, most people just take their date to a nice restaurant," spoke Cam.

"I'm not most people, Cameryn."

"Cameryn? You never call me Cameryn."

"Baby? Cam? My girl?" asked Leah quickly.

"Well, Cam when you need to use my name, but the others work too."

Leah laughed before placing another gentle kiss on Cameryn's lips. "Come on, let me show you what I've been doing all day, while I was avoiding you," mocked Leah.

She swiftly climbed out of bed dragging Cam with her. The blonde intertwined their fingers before marching over to her wardrobe.

"Do you trust me?" asked Leah.

"Sure."

"No. Do you trust me?" she repeated.

"Yes Le, I trust you."

Leah stepped behind the girl tying a bandana over her eyes. She took the brunette's hand once again and carefully led her down the stairs and to the back door.

"Are you ready?"

WORDS: 2185

a/n: hi guys, I'm so sorry for the slow updates, school has been a lot the past couple weeks but I'm on a break so hopefully I can write a few more chapters

thanks for being patient, I'm not exactly sure where this book is going but we'll find out together I guess

also thank you guys for 14K reads, I'm forever grateful for everything xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.3K 212 8
Cameron Colling (OC) jumped to the front of the women's football world when she made her debut for Arsenal at 14. She started with the Arsenal Academ...
52.4K 1.4K 30
A young physiotherapist from Australia, Peyton Ackley, moves to England to achieve her dream of changing Women's Sports. Where will this new life tak...
103K 2.7K 41
y/n y/ln was born in the US but her fathers family is from England and her mothers family is from Italy. Her parents moved back to England and y/n gr...
7.1K 155 7
9 year old Madison Wright has been in foster care since the age of 5.She loves football and dreams of becoming a professional one day. What happens w...