DNA| Sec 80. high power

Da bloomup10

Rhaella Targaryen was born in Pentos in 117AC. She is the youngest daughter of Daemon Targaryen and Lady Laen... Altro

prolouge
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
6.1
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10

chapter 5

1.1K 28 1
Da bloomup10

                                                                                                  𝕽haella's nightdress was blackened by ash.Indents were imprinted onto her knees from the sand she lay in. The air was chilly but Rhaella found that she was not shivering. The sky was almost unnaturally dark, moving in waves above her.

Standing up, her legs shook slightly. She was alone. Rhaella wandered, eventually ending back in the same spot she started.

"Is anyone there?" Rhaella called out to the void. There came no answer. The silence was suffocating her being.

Then, there was a deep rumble followed by a groan. Rhaella's head snapped in the direction of the sound, eyes widened in fear.A fury of fire danced towards her rapidly, scorching the sand in its path. She tried to run away as fast as her legs would allow. But the swelter of the heat was much faster. Rhaella cried out as the flames lit up her body.

Her attempts at screaming were futile, the fire reaching up to her midriff. Unable to move, Rhaella dropped into the sand again.

Perhaps this was hell, one she was well deserving of. She thought of all the times she had mocked Rhaena for her prayers. Maybe this is where she belonged, to be swarmed by the very flames she's lusted after all this time.

Rhaella closed her eyes to accept her seemingly sealed fate. A whisper lingered in her ears.

"Dragons and death are one and the same, A dragon walks closely with death, death shall be its crown."

The words previously uttered by Heleana rang all around her. Rhaella considered it was all feasible that she had upset a higher power.

" I thought you would put up more of a fight." A deep voice spoke. 

The orange flames that licked up her body transformed into a mesmerizing shade of green. It no longer pained her.

Rhaella looked up to the sound of the voice. An imposing figure loomed over her. It wore a long cloaked robe. Rhaella could've sworn she was looking the figure in the face, But there was no face to be seen.

" No need to fight, I can recognize a dream," Rhaella said. A false bravado laced her voice as she spoke. As if she wasn't screaming only moments ago.

If the figure had noticed her front, it did not comment. It raised a hand, scaly and black it was, undoubtedly inhumane. The flames that danced on her body disappeared instantly.

Rhaella attempted to stand up, but her knees buckled once again. She felt no fear of the figure. It sounded vaguely male, too androgynes to tell.

"Dreams are what made your family lineage kings." The voice said. Its voice was all-consuming, luring her into a state of calm. She had no will to protest or deny.

No. Rhaella could not help it, as every word that tumbled out of her mouth was nothing but the pure truth.

" I have no real dream, nor do I have any desire to be a king," Rhaella admitted.    The image of self-importance that she worked so hard to build for herself was falling apart in favor of this enthralling voice.

The figure crouched to her level, black-like ink lagged behind it. A cold hand reached for her face and Rhaella was slow to pull away. With a finger, it caught a warm, stray tear that fell from her eye.

Followed by another drop. And then another. Rhaella rubbed her eyes in surprise. She was crying. How long had it been since she'd done such a thing?

The figure gave a low hum. Maybe out of pity or simply to mock her. Rhaella was unsure.

" You are empty, strange one...and I shall fill you."

Rhaella didn't question how it knew the nickname she loathed. This was her dream after all. Wasn't it?

Against her better judgment, she gathered up the strength to ask a question.

"Please, who are you?" And no response came to satisfy.

"My lady?" A female voice cut through the fog.

"Lady Rhaella?" It said again. " Please wake."

Rhaella felt her body being softly shaken. Both of her violet eyes shot open, darting around the room.

There was no sand. No green fire. The figure had long vanished from her mind.

She was met with the face of Talya, the queen's handmaid. Rhaella sighed, slowly sitting up in her bed. It must've been early in the morning. Too early for anyone else to be awake.

Baela and Rhaena were in their respective beds, soft snores could be heard.

"What is the matter?" Rhaella asked.

"The queen wishes to see you at once," Talya said, swiftly removing the sheets from her body.

 Rhaella's body shivered at the action.

"I'll wait outside for you." Talya closed the door to the room.

Mind still hazy, Rhaella rose from bed. She sorted through her traveling trunk for something suitable. She settled on a dark blue dress with silver embellishments, sleeves puffed on each shoulder.

Rhaella took a moment to look down at her body. No burn marks or bruises could be seen on her brown skin, save for the bruise on her collarbone courtesy of Aemond.

"Fuck." Rhaella muttered. She had misplaced her sense in that library, and she was paying for it. Tightening her corset, she made her way to a small mirror.

Rhaella undid the hair wrap keeping her hair. The silvery-white curls toppled to her back. She was not one for wearing her hair down, but she lacked the skill of braiding. Fiddling with the ringlets for a few minutes, she decided that it looked halfway decent.

Walking out into the hall, she found Talya waiting for her. Rhaella followed after her, trying to keep up with the handmaids' prompt movements.

The door was opened for her by a guard. There sat the queen at a table, breakfast laid out in front of her.

A little to the left of the queen Alicent, stood her sworn protector, Criston Cole. He bowed slightly to greet her. Rhaella did not offer him such acknowledgment back. Something about him irritated her immensely.

"Good morrow, your grace." Rhaella offered up a shallow curtsey. Queen Alicent smiled warmly at her.

"Good morrow Rhaella, please, join me." Queen Alicent said. Rhaella shuffled to the opposite chair, sitting. She glanced at a plate of deliciously stacked loaves of bread. Her stomach rumbled shamelessly.

"Go on love." Alicent affirmed. Despite her hunger, Rhaella managed to remember her manners. She took a single slice for herself onto a plate.

Queen Alicent's hands were folded under her chin. Rhaella spread jam onto her bread simply. She was no fool. The queen did not summon her to breakfast.

Clearly, there was something she wanted.

" It has been long since I've laid eyes on you, ten years or so?" The Queen commented casually.

Fine. If the queen wished to take her time, she would as well. Rhaella took a rather unladylike bite of her bread, taking time to thoroughly chew and swallow.

Rhaella glanced up at the queen, settling into a complete calm.

" Not since Helaena's labors." Rhaella finally responded.

The queen hummed thoughtfully. " I'm sure you've been told before but you look just like your mother."

Rhaella wanted to cringe. It was Baela that typically reminded people of their late mother. Yet, she swallowed her snark.

" That's very kind , thank you," Rhaella said.

Rhaella watched as Alicent meticulously sliced through a cut of meat as if it was suddenly much more important.

"You should know, I appreciate your kindness towards my children and your respect for me," Alicent said.

It was hard to see where the queen was going with this statement. Rhaella settled on silence, lest her words be misconstrued.

" I understand that you and Aemond were...particularly close back then," Alicent said tentatively.

Rhaella's hands found their way to her lap. She knew full well what the queen was implying.After all, it wasn't as if she was hiding the bruise. It was displayed for all to see.

Rhaella Targaryen, a virtuous girl she was.

"Well, we had much in common at that time, your grace, I imagine much has changed," Rhaella said.

From that very moment, Rhaella decided that whatever the queen was fishing for, she wouldn't give.

"Yes I remember it quite well, he seemed to be taken with you." Alicent said. Something was compromising in her voice.

Rhaella racked her brain for what to say.

" As I recall, Aegon, Jace and Luke would jeer at him often, I suppose he had no choice but to follow me around," Rhaella said.

The Queen Alicent's eyes flashed with hostility, but only for a moment.Rhaella had made her opening. Now the Queen won't think her an idiot.

"Aemond has taken the dragon he's longed for, he works tirelessly, and yet.."

'The way it's been, and the way it always will be'

" I know of you and Aemond's.. endeavor last night," Alicent said, finally getting to the point.

The breakfast, the early morning. It had been designed to strike nervousness in Rhaella. Perhaps for her to admit to things that weren't true.

Unbeknownst to the queen, the prospect of this very situation caused Rhaella's typical boredom to be replaced by a buzzing excitement.

The Queen Alicent wanted to entrap her. Hold something over her head. That mouse of a handmaid that she keeps so close probably reported her state afterward.

Who knew a kiss could be so incredibly inconvenient?

Rhaella matched her body to the queen, body leaned forward, fingers interlocked with one another." Have I done something wrong, your grace? Rhaella asked innocently. She could admit that her actions after the dinner were a little reckless, considering the circumstances, but surely she couldn't be punished for a harmless kiss?

"I venture that you were quite disheartened by your father's rejection of the marriage proposal," Alicent said.

Rhaella's lips quirked up slightly. She wanted to laugh right in the face of the queen consort.She wasn't so clear with herself regarding what she felt towards Aemond but one thing rang boldly in her mind.

There was no way in the seven hells she could ever marry a man like him.

"Is that why you've summoned me here?" Rhaella didn't bother to hide the contempt in her voice. Alicent had revealed her true nature and now so had she.

" I'm not sure what you mean." Alicent's eyes shifted to Criston Cole. He returned the stare.

" You think me so naive that i'd lay on my back for you?" Rhaella spit out.

" Watch your tone with her grace." Criston Cole said sternly. Rhaella made a show of rolling her eyes. She knew as long as her father remained in the Red Keep, the queen's dog wouldn't dare to touch her.

" As a woman, I'm concerned about what people in the realm will whisper about your maidenhood," Alicent said earnestly. Her eyes flickered to the bruise that rested on Rhaella's collarbone.

If there was any respect Rhaella held for the queen, it had been torn into two.

" You should place more concern onto what your eldest does in his free time, your grace," Rhaella said. Standing up from her seat, she looked toward the queen pointedly.

"If you wish to know what really happened, perhaps. you should question your own son, instead of chasing falsehoods.

Rhaella turned to leave, but Criston Cole blocked her way. Rhaella was not foolish enough to shove past him. She opted to stare him down. There were no option to shrink away now.

" She may go, Cole," Alicent said, voice wavering. Reluctantly, Criston moved to the side to allow her passage.

Walking down the hallway once more, Rhaella sported a prideful smirk. Turning a corner, she was met with Otto Hightower and Aemond.

Unfortunately for her, the two were blocking her path.

"Lady Rhaella, where are you coming from?" Otto asked.

Rhaella was sure he already knew the answer. He probably knew what the queen had discussed with her.

" The queen wished to speak to me, my lord," Rhaella answered, trying to keep the venom out of her tone.

Aemond's body stiffened ever so slightly, still noticeable to Rhaella.It was apparent that he had not been involved in whatever scheme was at play here.

That made Rhaella relax a little. Just a little.

" I trust the conversation was pleasant?" Otto said. Rhaella's lips formed into a lofty grin. This old cunt would not spoil her fun.

"It was most entertaining ser," Rhaella said. She noticed Otto's expression falter a little.

With a bow of his head, Otto walked off, leaving Rhaella to face the very object of her confusion." What did my mother speak to you about?" Aemond asked.

"What do you think?" Rhaella said. Surely he couldn't have been this slow.

Aemond glanced at the bruise, eyes lighting up in amusement.

" Have I gotten you into trouble?" Aemond's soft voice teased.

Rhaella rolled her eyes despite the fluttering she felt in her stomach.

" I'm leaving today, I must get packed," Rhaella said. Her attempts to walk away were halted by Aemond grabbing her arm and pulling her back.

"And you plan to just ignore the situation I take it?" Aemond questioned.

Rhaella sighed. There was too much consuming her mind at the moment to deal with this all. The dream on one hand and the queen on the other.

"I was wine-drunk, that's all there is to it," Rhaella stated. A lie , she was not one to get drunk so easily.

Aemond hummed. Still gripping her arm which Rhaella allowed. The warmth of his hand caused her brain to fog.

" I think I'd like to see you again," Aemond said. His head tilted down to her slightly.

"Perhaps a time when you aren't...drunk," Aemond said patronizingly

"When Princess Rhaenyra takes the throne, I'd expect you'd be seeing me often," Rhaella said.

Aemond's hand slid up her arm, fingers tracing the bruise he'd left.

"Perhaps I'd want to see you before such a time," Aemond said.

Rhaella allowed a soft smile to break through. One that she'd often give to him back when they were children. She took a step back from him. If Aemond thought a kiss was all it would take to entice her then he was sorely mistaken.

"Start by writing to me, you have much time to make up for," Rhaella said.

"Goodbye cousin." Rhaella dismissed herself from Aemond's presence.

Annoyingly, the warmth did not fade from her. It followed her back to the doors of her room.

As Rhaella docked the ship, she noticed Baela leaning over the railing, staring into the sea.

 Walking over to her sister, she too stared into the water.

As much as their mother was of fire, she adored the sea like no other.

Rhaella hated the water. It had taken her mother's coffin far away from her.

" I apologize for the way I spoke to you." Rhaella said. She was met with silence.

Baela was so stubborn." I needlessly lied." Rhaella added. Finally, Baela turned to her.

" You were talking in your sleep," Baela said.

Rhaella looked away from her sister. Her mind was met with images of the green fire, the feeling of a cold hand gathering her tears.

It made her shudder.

" Just a nightmare," Rhaella said. Baela's eyes softened, she too felt regretful over lashing out towards her sister.

" You should know, I didn't mean any of what I said." Baela said. Rhaella knew full well Baela had spoken out of anger, but she still felt there might have been a shred of honesty.

" He spoke to me again this morning," Rhaella admitted. Her nails scratched over the wood of the railing. She was about to burst from the emotions that swallowed her.

Baela glanced at her, curiosity peaked. " Whatever about?"

Rhaella paused. Aemond had wanted to see her again. That was the truth. What scared her more was the fact she was finding that she too wished to see him.

Rhaella wanted him in her view at all times. She wanted them to speak at length about Old Valyria as they did when they were children. The desire to watch his reasoning fall apart whenever she spoke was overwhelming.

Control is nice, but now she required much more. Rhaella's eyebrows scrunched at the thought.

What was the more that she required?

"I told him to write to me," Rhaella admitted. If she divulged the entirety of it, she'd be forcing herself to admit what she now knew to be true.

Baela brushed a lock of hair out of Rhaella's face. She wore an expression of sympathy that made Rhaella feel as though she missed some point.

" Just..be careful with him alright?' Baela said. Rhaella watched as Jace and Luke spoke, rather expressively to one another. No doubt discussing last night's events at dinner.

"It is he who should be careful with me," Rhaella said. There was no real conviction in the statement. In truth, she was terrified.

The feelings she had repressed for so long had begun to turn its ugly head.

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

27.3K 974 26
Indomitus~ untamed, untamable, fierce ReWrite of my story "Queen of the Ashes" "In the year 114AC, Princess Rhaenyra gave birth for the first time. T...
49.4K 942 32
Aemma Velaryon, first born child of Rhaenyra Targaryen and Ser Laenor Velaryon and heir to the Iron Throne, must fight for her life and her family as...
6.8K 201 8
"We'll be a fine line. We'll be alright." 👑 In 81 AC, the prince, Baelon and his sister-wife, Alyssa, welcomed twins into the world, Daemon and Daen...
107K 2.5K 24
⚠️ Please read the warnings! ⚠️ Laena Velaryon, the second of her name, was born fourteen months, to the day, after her brother Jacaerys. The events...