The Tudors and Reign: Mother'...

By Loke123stark

Charlotte is the daughter of King Henry The Eight and his second wife, Queen Anne Boleyn. Born in January, 15... More

Queen Charlotte I Tudor, The Spring Queen
The Birth of Charlotte I
The Act Of Treason
Moment Of Nostalgia
Sister
Something For You
Natural Ally

Destiny And Fortune

300 10 0
By Loke123stark

The Tower 

No one POV 

Anne was praying and Anne said "Give glory to thee, O Lord, for you have saved me from injustice......from slanderous tongues and an unjust king. My soul shall praise thee even to the last, to my death......for thou deliverest those that wait for thee." 

Hatfield House 

Someone walked in front of Elizabeth and said "Make way for Princess Elizabeth. Make way there. Make way for Her Grace." 

Elizabeth sat down and Lady Sheldon was holding Baby Charlotte. 

At the Tower 

Anne was sitting down and Master Kingston walked in and Anne said "Master Kingston." 

Master Kingston said "My lady. I can now tell you that the king has decreed... ...that you will not be burned......but suffer a quicker death by decapitation. In his mercy, the king has also acceded to your plea... ...to use the services of the executioner of Calais... ...who is even now on his way here from Dover." 

Anne said "When am I to die?" and Master Kingston said "At 9:00." 

Anne said "I am content. Will you send for Archbishop Cranmer... ..so he may hear my last confession and administer Holy Communion?" and Master Kingston nodded and said "My lady.

Later 

Master Kingston brought Bishop Cranmer and Cranmer said "Master Kingston, tell me, how is the lady?" and Master Kingston said "Truthfully, in the early days of her captivity......she often spoke rather wildly. For example, that it would not rain until she was released. But now, according to her almoner... ...preparations for death have increasingly occupied her thoughts......and so I believe she is reconciled to it." 

Cranmer said "I am glad. I am glad. Although... ...it grieves me that I must cause her further pain." 

They walked in and Cranmer said "My lady, I am obliged to tell you that your marriage to the king.....has been declared null and void. " 

Anne said "On what grounds?" and Cranmer said "On the grounds of your close.....and forbidden degree of affinity to another woman... ...known carnally by the king." 

Anne said "My sister?" and Cranmer said "Yes." 

Anne said "Then my daughters are" and Cranmer said "Yes. Elizabeth and Charlotte are to be declared bastards. Madam, I swear to you I will do everything within my power... ...to protect and support them......and keep them always in the king's good and kind graces." 

Anne said " Thank you. And now, since my time approaches... ...I beg Your Grace to hear my confession. Also, I should like the constable present... ...when I receive the good Lord." 

At the Chapel 

He walked up and said "Madam. My child... ..do you have a confession?" and Anne bent down and said "Yes.I confess my innocence before God. I solemnly swear, on the damnation of my soul... ...that I have never been unfaithful to my lord and husband... ...nor ever offended with my body against him. I do not say that I have always borne towards him... ...the humility which I owed him... ..considering his kindness and the great honour he showed me.....and the great respect he always paid me. I admit, too, that I have often taken it into my head to be jealous of him. But God knows and is my witness... ...I have not sinned against him in any other way. Think not I say this in the hope to prolong my life. God has taught me how to die and he will strengthen my faith. As for my brother... ...and those others who were unjustly condemned... ...I would willingly have suffered many deaths to deliver them... ...but since I see it pleases the king... ...I will willingly accompany them in death... ...with this assurance: That I shall lead an endless life with them in peace. In the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit." 

Cranmer said "Master Kingston? Please go and make sure to report my lady's true and last confession.....so the world will know it. " 

Maester Kingston said "I will." 

In another chapel 

Chapuys walked up to Mary and Mary said "Is it done? Is the harlot dead?" and Chapuys siad "I don't know. But certainly, she will be dead before very long." 

Mary said "The Lord is good. Tell me, why is she really to die?" and Chapuys said "They say that her children, Elizabeth and Charlotte...was not conceived with the king at all... ...but with one of her countless lovers." 

Mary said "How many lovers was she supposed to have?" and Chapuys said "According to Mr. Cromwell, over 100 men.....including her brother, Rochford. But I am told she also blames me or what has befallen her... ...and holds me accountable for her doom. Naturally, I am flattered by the compliment... ...since she would have thrown me to the dogs if she could." 

Mary said "Tell me about this other lady, this Jane Seymour." 

Chapuys said "I have been told in confidence that she is of our faith... ...and that the king loves her and means to marry her.....and that she means to restore Your Grace to the succession." 

Mary said "And Elizabeth and Charlotte will become bastards now as I have been a bastard" and Chapuys said "Yes, princess. The brats are now officially bastards." 

In the Tower 

Anne was waiting there and looked at Master Kingston and said "Am I to go now? I thought--" My lady, forgive me." 

Master Kingston said "The executioner has been delayed on the road from Dover... ...and your execution is postponed until 12:00.I wanted to tell you in good time in case--" and Anne said "Master Kingston? I hear you say I will not die before noon. I am sorry for it, for I thought to be dead by that time and past my pain." 

Master Kingston said "Madam, there will be no pain. The blow will be so subtle." 

Anne said "Yes, I heard the executioner was very good. And in any case, I have only a little neck." 

Henry's Chamber, White Hall 

Cromwell walked in and Henry said "Well? Is it done? Is it?" and Cromwell said "No, Your Majesty. Unfortunately, we must postpone the execution again." 

Henry said "What?" and Cromwell said "The executioner is delayed." 

Henry said "Then you fetch somebody else, do you hear? Fetch back the axman who did the others. He was good enough, wasn't he? He didn't botch the thing." 

Cromwell said "Your Majesty made a promise" and Henry said "Why should I care about my promises to that whore?" and Cromwell said "Your Majesty's promise is public knowledge. That is all l--" and Henry grabbed him and held him to the wall pointing a knife at him and said "I still don't care! I ordered you to get someone else! I want her dead. I want it over with. Finished. Go and do it or, by God's blood, you will join her." 

Cromwell nodded and walked out and Henry said "I said... ...postpone it." 

Cromwell said "Maejsty." 

At the Tower 

Anne looked at Master Kingston and said'Master Kingston, I am ready." 

Master Kingston said "My lady, you must forgive me once again.....but the executioner is still not arrived." 

Anne said "What do you say?" and Master Kingston said "Madam, your execution is put off until 9:00 tomorrow morning." 

Anne said "No. No, it cannot be. It is not that I desire death, but l-- I thought myself prepared to die. I was prepared. I fear-- I fear that a further delay, it will weaken my resolve. Please, if it were possible--" and Master Kingston said "No, madam. lt is the king's express command." 

Anne looked at him and said "But-- No, wait. Perhaps I am not meant to die. These postponements, they mean something. Perhaps the king is testing me. I'll be sent to a nunnery." 

She silently cried. 

 Hatfield House 

Lady Kat Ashley was holding Charlotte who was crying and she was rocking her and Elizabeth said "I won't wear it! You can't make me. No! No! I'm not going!" and Lady Sheldon bent down in front of her and grabbed her by the arms and said "Lady Elizabeth, you must do as you are told. Now hush or I will hit you." 

Kat looked at her and Elizabeth calmed down and Lady Sheldon got up and said "Don't look like that, girl.We are ordered to remove the children..so that they can be kept out of sight of the king." 

Kat said "The little princesses" and Lady Sheldon said "They are no longer Princesses,  they are bastards. And Master Cromwell has asked for her accounts to be settled. Also, in respect of necessities provided for their mother in the Tower." 

Kat said "The child and infant should pay for their mother's imprisonment" and Lady Sheldon said "Yes, out of the money the king pays for her household. Exactly. The world is a slippery place, my lady. If you would take my advice for what it's worth... ...find a rich man to marry... ...who is too stupid to know anything about politics. Then perhaps-- Unless you die in childbirth, which is likely.....or the plague, which is almost inevitable. --then you will be happy." 

At the Tower, May 19th, 1536 

Anne was sitting down and speaking to the ladies and said "You know, when I was a girl, I served at the court of Margaret of Austria. Oh, it was a wonderful time. Pageants and dances. So many dances. I once appeared as the Queen of the Amazons... ...with a naked sword in my hand... ...and a crimson headdress with a great plume. But Margaret was wise too. She said to us: "Trust in those who offer you service and in the end, my maidens... ...you will find yourself in the ranks of those who have been deceived."

Later, AT the Chapel, Anne looked at the candle and said "Thou knowest whether I deserve this death. Not my will, O Lord, but thine be done. I will give glory to thy name, for thou art my help and my protection. Thou hast protected me and preserved me." 

She thought back to her childhood, and George and then looked back at Lady and said "Madam, the hour approaches. You must make ready." 

Anne was being prepared and Master Kingston said "The king asks that you take this purse. It has 20 pounds in it... ...to pay the headsman for his services and distribute alms to the poor." 

Anne said "Thank you." 

Master Kingston said "Will you and your ladies follow me?" and Anne was lead down out of the tower into the gates. 

The crowd said "Here she is, the strumpet! Traitor! Here she comes!" and Anne stopped before she goes up the steps and Anne said "Master Kingston, I pray you, not to give the signal for my death... ...until I have spoken what I have a mind to speak." 

Anne said "Good Christian people... ...I have come here to die according to the law... ...and thus yield myself to the will of the king, my lord." 

Some in the crowd said "Hear, hear! Long live the king" and Anne said "And if, in my life, I ever did offend the king's grace... ...then surely with my death,I do now atone. I pray.....and beseech you all, to pray for the life of the king. My sovereign lord and yours... ...who is one of the best princes on the face of the Earth... ...who has always treated me so well... ...wherefore I submit to death with a goodwill... ...humbly asking pardon of all the world. If anyone should take up my case... ...I ask them only to judge it kindly." 

Her ladies took off her coat, and put a coif on her head and remove her jewerly and Anne said "Thank you. Thank you." 

Anne walked up to the executioner and the executioner said "Madam... ...forgive me for what I must do." 

Anne said "Gladly. And here is your purse." 

She handed him his purse and Anne said "Thus I take my leave of the world and of you." 

Some said "Bless you." 

Anne said "And I heartily desire you all to pray for me." 

Anne knelt down and then Cramner knelt and then so did everyone else and Anne said "The Lord is my shepherd. I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul. Jesus, receive my soul. e guides me in the paths of righteousness.... O Lord God, have pity on my soul. To Christ, I commend my soul. Jesus Christ, receive my soul. O Lord God, have pity on my soul. Jesus, receive my soul. O God, have pity on my soul. Jesus Christ, receive my soul. O Lord God, have pity on my soul. Jesus Christ, receive my soul. Surely goodness will follow me... ...all the days of my life. Christ, receive my soul. Jesus Christ, receive my soul. O Lord God, have pity on my soul. To Christ, I commend my soul. Jesus, receive my soul. O Lord God, have pity on my soul. To Christ, I commend my soul. To Christ, I commend my soul. To Christ, I commend my soul." 

The executioner said"Boy! Fetch my sword!" and Anne looked up and the Executioner took out the sword and swung at Anne. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 1.1K 19
Margaret Parr, is Queen Anne Boleyn's new lady in waiting, and Henry's new lover...
Tudor King By FireCracker

Historical Fiction

3.8K 49 11
Anne escaped and left her children with mary. She is in France. Francois has always been a knight and lady's man. She saved his life. He marries her...
102K 1.9K 51
In which, Henry the eight and lady Boleyn meet the evening Anne lost her head. "I have high standards!" "Yes you do, but at least I kept my promise."...
194K 3.6K 41
Elena Boleyn is the youngest child of sir Thomas boleyn and was certain of what her life would be like but when her and her sisters are asked to beca...