Assassins Lies and Secrets: R...

By Nasha2568

A story of a girl who lived her life peacefully not ever knowing her family's true identity, who lived her li... More

Playlist
Dedication
Chapter 1 - The Seed Who Didn't Grow II
Chapter 2 - The Meeting

Chapter 1 - The Seed Who Didn't Grow I

17 0 0
By Nasha2568

My name is Kuromi Hayami a teenage girl, 16 years of age. I am alone. Everyone has left me.

I am currently on a bridge trying to escape from this world's problems. You might ask what happened that made me make this decision. Well allow me to start from the beginning...

At the early age of 6 my mother took two of my siblings with her. She divorced my father and went to marry a wealthy man, which left me and my father. I insisted on staying with my father because I just can't bear the idea of leaving him alone. We had a happy family back then, as the youngest I was spoiled with all their love but...

One day my mother's father died, my grandfather. He left a will to my mother which gave her my grandfather's money and property all to her but only if he divorced my father and married the man my grandfather wanted. If she doesn't marry him everything my grandfather owns will go to her older brother. My grandfather was against the marriage of my father and mother to the point he thought of forgetting my mother as his own daughter.

My mother accepted the marriage, we were in a dire state due to my father not having a lot of income from his business and according to my grandfather's will my father's business was on the verge of collapsing, which my mother never knew. They had an argument, me and my older siblings were in our room hiding under our beds crying, our older brother told us

"Everything's going to be fine, alright." he said with a smile.

Even though I was young back then, I understood that it wasn't going to be fine like he said.

The next day, our mother packed our bags. My father was begging for her to stay and not take the children away but it was too late.

"Please don't leave me! Don't take my children away! I'm sorry I didn't tell you about the business falling apart. I can fix it I promise, please just don't leave me!" father said.

"How can our children go to school? How can we survive if the only source of our daily life is no more, we are in debt! My father was right I shouldn't have married you! Kuromi let's go!" Mother said angrily.

"Mother, I want to stay with father, I can't just leave him alone, please let me stay." Kuromi yells.

"What about your education? What will happen to you? Your future? You won't survive in this world with that father of yours!" Mother said.

"Didn't you love him?" tears falling through Kuromi's eyes.

"Love, it was a mistake..." her mother answered.

"Then we're we a mistake, was I a mistake mother?" Kuromi says heartbreakingly.

"No, I didn't mean it that way.." mother came close to hug me but my father pushed her away.

"Look at you, you even hurt her feelings, your own daughter and you call yourself a mother!" father said angrily.

"You-"

"I will prove to you that leaving me was a big mistake. I'll raise Kuromi on my own I'll show you that loving me wasn't a mistake!"

"Mother, please let me stay!" Kuromi begs her mother.

"So you chose your father over me, your mother, then fine! Forget you ever had a mother then."

"You witch, you're just like your father, only after the money." father says.

"I guess, I really am. Goodbye and let's forget each other then."

My older brother and sister couldn't help but only watch from the car window. But I wondered why weren't they crying?

Mother went into the car and never looked back. Meanwhile my father was depressed and heartbroken knowing my mother's true nature and never to ever see my siblings again.

Little did I know back then it was all a facade.

The business did fall apart and there were a lot of debts to pay. My father worked hard to pay all those debts and raise me. He sold our house and went to live in my grandmother's old house. He had to work part time jobs, I wanted to help in some way but he told me to just focus on school.

"I promise to you Kuromi I'll pay all our debts and get you into a good school. Kuromi, I won't make you regret choosing me." father said.

A few years past, my father did fulfill his promise to me. I was in high school in a great school, I was a top student and my father was able to pay all our debts it all turned out great but after a few years..

One day, my father introduced me to a woman and said that they are getting married and we'll be living together with her children. Father said they met at one of our business events and they had a relationship for a long time yet he never told me, and then here they are saying their getting married. It was all a shock but my life was only starting to get worst.

A few years have passed since their marriage, my stepfamily lived together with us.

"Heyy Kuromi, come here wash my feet. I'm getting a pedicure." stepmother said.

Kuromi was washing the dishes, she didn't hear her stepmother calling her and later she realized she was behind her. She grabbed Kuromi's hair.

"Stepmother it hurts." Kuromi struggles against her stepmom.

"I called you and you weren't listening. You better obey me!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't hear you." Kuromi continues to struggle.

"Ooh what a sight early in the morning." Kuromi's stepsister said.

"Ooh Mila you're awake my princess." Kuromi's stepmother let's go of her hair.

"What did she do this time? You shouldn't be in a bad mood mother you'll get wrinkles you know." Mila said.

"You're right. Well she didn't followed my orders so it's only right I discipline her." stepmom said.

"Well how about we go shopping?" Mila said happily.

"I agree. Let's go. Ooh and Kuromi you better clean the house to make yourself useful and make some food for Haru. This house better be clean or else, you know what'll happen if you don't." stepmom said.

Then they left the house leaving me all alone. Father had work and my older stepbrother Haru was at a volleyball match. We had no maids or anything I was always the one left at home and the one who does the chores around the house. My stepmom and stepsiblings all act like they like me in front of my father but when he's not around they all treat me differently.

A few moments later Haru finally arrived home. As he opened the door there was no one around, he went upstairs and saw Kuromi in her room, the door was wide open. Kuromi was asleep and, there were notebooks and books laying around her bed, it seemed she was studying.

"Look who's asleep." Haru grinned.

"Studying I see, now what would happen if I destroy all of those books, your precious lovely things? Would you cry and beg?"

Haru then grabbed all of the book's laying on Kuromi's bed and took it all to his room he then prepared something.

As Kuromi awakened she realized her books were gone.

"Did a robber get in the house? Wait no, if so then why steal my books. My other belongings are still here so. Wait Haru!" Kuromi said as she got up from her bed.

She went to Haru's room and knocked but it seems no one was inside. She then hurried down the stairs and saw Haru eating while reading her books.

"Haru!" Kuromi shouted.
"Hmm, Ooh you're awake princess."
"Give them back!"
"What if I don't?"
"You!"

Kuromi then tries to grab her book from Haru but he immediately stood and raise his arm with her book for Kuromi to not reach it.

"Give them back!" Kuromi was furious.
"I'm just borrowing, you know."
"You never like reading books and besides you might do something to those. Give them back!" Kuromi was still trying to get her book back from Haru.

"Fine I'll give this one back but for the others I won't."

"What?! You didn't did you?"

Haru grinned.

Kuromi then hurried outside and saw her books on the litted bonfire. She hurried to get the fire extinguisher and as soon as the fire was gone it was already to late, her books were all burned to ashes. A tear started forming on Kuromi's eyes.

"It burned already, haha too bad." Haru laughed.

Kuromi got up and grab Haru by his collar, and tried to slap him but as she was about to.

"Kuromi what are you doing!" father shouted angrily.
"Huh?" both Kuromi and Haru were shocked hearing their father's voice.

They both looked at the gate.
Haru thought, "Their home, already?"

Kuromi was shocked seeing his father along with her stepmom and Mila. All of them had a furious looked on their faces especially her father.

"Father-" Kuromi was shocked. Her father went near her and grab Kuromi's arm which was holding Haru's collar.

"What do you think you're doing to your older brother?!" Father was furious.

"I- he started it first." Kuromi said.

"I saw, you were the one who started it. If I didn't arrived earlier you might have done something more to him than just a slap."

"He burned my books! I was just studying in my room he came in and he burned them!"

"Who do you think you are raising your voice against me!"

"S-sorry."

My Stepmom and Mila were enjoying watching me get lectured by father. Meanwhile, Haru just stood there simply watching.

"You were just careless! You just didn't took care of those books it's not his fault he accidentally burned them! He was just borrowing them!"

"What! Are you even hearing yourself father! He burned them he-"

Before I could finish my sentence father slapped me. I stood there in shock as this was the first time father raised his hand against me. I look at my stepmother and Mila, they were laughing and smiling as they saw me. I felt betrayed for some reason. Why would father not believe me? What have I done wrong?

"That's enough now, let's get some rest." Stepmom said.

"Mother's right father. No need to exhaust yourself on that brat of a daughter." Mila said.

"She's just like her mother, a witch." Stepmom laughed.

"Let's not mention that woman." Father said.

"Fine, I was just stating facts." Stepmom replied.

"As for you Kuromi you're grounded." Father said.

"I understand." Kuromi looked down with a defeated face.

"Let's go in, we brought you your favorites as well Haru." Father said.

"Now that's a meal." Haru said happily. But Haru tooked a looked at Kuromi with a face of guilt before heading inside.

Was he sorry for what he did?

As they all went in without me I was left there all alone, defeated and betrayed. I kneeled down the grass and cried.

"I never thought I'd say this but I wish I came with mother instead. Maybe my life would be a little bit better than here."

As Kuromi was kneeling down on the grass she heard a sound in the bushes.

"Huh! Who's there?!" She stood up and went to the bushes and there something jumped out.

"Whaaa!" a boy shouted.
"You scared me Akio!"
"Haha I'm sorry." Akio said.
"Come on."
"Fine, fine. I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you." Akio said.
"What are you doing here?"

"I heard you and you're father arguing. I figured you were in trouble so I hurried down the stairs when I came here I was already late. I couldn't defend you or anything and here you are now crying." Akio said.

"Is that why you wanted to scare me?"

"Well I wanted to make you smile but it turned out you got angry instead."
"Hahah." Kuromi laughed.
"Huh? Why are you laughing?" Akio was surprised.
"It's just so cute how you're doing this for me."
"Well I'm glad that made you laugh." Akio smiled.

"But you really didn't need to say sorry it's not your fault anyways, you also had nothing to do with our argument."

"Want to have a chat somewhere?" Akio asked.

"Hmm I guess so. But they might get angry."
"It's just a chat besides it's just by the river bank." Akio said.
"Hmm.."
"I'm with you and if they get angry I'll defend you as your knight and shining armor."
"Haha alright, alright." Kuromi was delighted seeing her bestfriend cheer her up.

As they were both talking Mila saw them two by the window and seemed jealous while watching them.

"Ooh we should invite Kazumi she might get mad if we don't invite her. I mean we three are bestfriends since childhood we've always been together so I don't want her to be left out." Akio said happily.

"Yeah, It would be great if she came as well." I replied.

We called Kazumi and we three met at the near water bank. Akio told Kazumi about what happened to me and my family.

"So are you okay now Kuromi?" Kazumi asked her worryingly.

"I'm fine since you two are always here for me." I smiled.

"See it was a good choice having a chat here with us than spending your time with that family of yours, I mean no offense." Akio said.

"It's fine Akio but no matter what happens were still family." I said.

"A family yet they abused you and your father doesn't even care for you anymore! I'd leave that house if I were you." Kazumi said.

"Now Kazumi don't teach her that she's not like you." Akio said.

"What do you mean like me Akio?" Kazumi said angrily.

"Now, now don't fight you two." I said.
"He started it." Kazumi said.
"No you." Akio said.

"Now, now. That's enough. Still thank you two for always being there for me I really appreciate it." Kuromi smiled.

"What are you saying we're friends." Kazumi said.
"Yeah we'll always be there for each other." Akio said.

"Thank you." I said.

We all chatted until afternoon, we then went home. Since Akio and I are just next-door neighbors we went home together. Kazumi lived a few blocks away from ours so we had to go separate ways.

Who knew that was the last time me and my friends were together happily.

We arrived infront of Akio's house.
"We'll see you tomorrow at school Akio."
"Wait Kuromi, did you had fun today?" Akio asked.
"Huh. Of course." I smiled.
"Good. If they ever do anything to you again make sure to tell me, I'll come to your aid no matter what."
"Thank you, Akio."

I then headed home. The house was silent it seemed like they all went out for dinner. I opened the door, went in and saw Haru sitting on the couch. It seemed like he was waiting for me.

"Took you long enough. Were you meeting up with your boyfriend?" Haru asked.
"He's my bestfriend and it's none of your business anyways. Why are you here all alone?"
"They went out for dinner, I told them I'd just stay here because I'm still tried from my volleyball match."
"You tried, since when? Now enlighten me, what's your real reason?"
"I waited for you."
"Because?"
"Come with me to my room, I want to show you something." He stood.

Kuromi had an angry look.

"What's with that look in your eyes?"
"Doubt."
"You seriously think I'd do something bad to you. That's funny." He laughed.
"Why can't you just bring it down here?"
"Alright, fine."

I went to take a sit at the couch and Haru went upstairs to get something he wanted to show me. A few moments he went down and put the box beside me.

"What's in here?"
"See for yourself."
"If it's another one of your pranks then forget about it."
"It's not. Just take a look." Haru crossed his arms and just watched Kuromi.

"Fine." Kuromi opened the box and inside was. "My books?" she took a look at Haru. "I thought you burned them? Didn't you?"

"Those were just blank pages. I took your books to my room and printed just the covers. I made it look like it was your books. I hid the real ones in that box. It was supposed to be just a prank."

Kuromi just sat there in silence.

"I know that you won't be able to forgive me but I'm sorry. I also didn't expect they'd arrive that early and, for you to get in an argument with your father and be slapped in the face."

Kuromi didn't respond.

"You can slap me if you want, you were going to do so, right? So just do it if it makes you feel better." Haru said eagerly.

"Why are you being kind to me?"

"I'm sure you heard our conversation between Mila, me and mother the other night."

(The other night,)

Mila and Haru were talking in the dining room.

"Haru why do always feel sorry for Kuromi whenever we I do pranks on her? Don't tell me you see her as our sister?" Mila asked.

"Don't be stupid. I just see no need for you to do that besides what did she do to deserve all those mean things you do to her." Haru said angrily.

"Whose side are you on Haru?!" Mila shouted angrily.
"No one."

"You two shouldn't be arguing just because of that girl." their mother said.

"Mother, it's because Haru is lecturing me to not do pranks on Kuromi."

"She has nothing to do with her mothers fault. I mean why can't you just treat her as your own daughter to mother?" Haru asked.

She takes a sit beside Haru.

"If she was any other women's daughter I would've accepted her as my own but she's that woman's daughter. She is the fruit of their love for each other, I can't just accept her no matter what. The anger I have for her mother, everytime I see Kuromi it reminds me of her."

"But your now his wife." Haru said.

"I loved him first than Kuromi's mother, Sakura. Sakura was my bestfriend and she stole him from me. I can't forgive her."

"But what about us mother?" Mila asked.

"I love both of you. Even your father, but when he died I couldn't bear the loneliness. When I found out the Sakura was divorced from him, I immediately took the opportunity because I still loved him."

"Can't we just atleast treat her like a human, you didn't have to push her around like that."
Haru said.

"I don't think I can control my anger Haru. And it's also best you avoid her nor being kind to her, she is my enemies daughter."

(Back to Kuromi and Haru conversation.)

"So that's why your being kind to me?" Kuromi asked.

"You have nothing to do with their fight. That's just why."

"But you still treat me badly whenever there around or not. Even tried to burn my books."

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to prank you to see your reaction."

"So your the same as your mother and sister."

"I'm really sorry. But I also have to keep up my act. If I'm always kind to you, they might hate me and I don't want my mother to do so. That's why I need to do those to you, I'm sure you understand."

"Then why are you being kind to me right now even returned my books?"

"I just felt guilty, I always do whenever we do those bad things to you. I wanna repay you from all the things we've done until now."

"Repay, it's worthless. You're all going to keep doing so. Once it's started, it doesn't stop, like lying."

"All I can do is try to distract them from you. Keep them busy so that they won't play with you."

"There's no need. I have no need for your help." Kuromi stood and went upstairs, leaving Haru there sad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.8K 1.4K 45
đź“–Featured by @adultfiction on "Kills and Thrills" reading listđź“– Previously known as "Undercover: Fake Identity" *** "What are you running away from...
143K 3.5K 34
Death wasn't something she feared, especially when she lived the life of a secret assassin. Sharp-witted and seemingly innocent, Hope Taylor perfecte...
59 0 10
An emotionless renown assassin that is feared by many. She has a dark past and her Lord has many secrets to hide as well. With Saizo by her side, who...
2.8K 278 58
Being the fourth daughter of the Royal family, Reeriza Shimonsu, a princess always wanted to live an ordinary life... Finally getting the opportunity...