Harri Donavon (Damon Salvator...

By charlottereaddd

Hi, I'm Harri Donavon, Matt's sister and Vicki's twin. Well, not identical twin. I mean I was the youngest ou... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Eh

Chapter 8

9.7K 233 110
By charlottereaddd

"You kissed Damon."

"Yes."

"Damon Salvatore."

"Uh huh."

"On the lips."

"Yep."

"And he went in for it first?"

"God Jeremy I've said this a thousand times. Yes, Damon kissed me." I sighed in a frustrated manor as we ran through the same sentences over and over again.

It was funny for a while but after the eighth time it got slightly irritating.

"I just... can't really get my head around it..." He rested his head back on the booth and shook his head in disbelief "I thought he fancied my sister."

"That's what Caroline said to me," I replied "Elena went really embarrassed and secretive about it so it might be true. If so then why would he kiss me?"

I sighed and downed the rest of my lemonade.

"Right, enough of the girly gossip. lets play pool and get the images of you and Damon kissing out of my head." He grimaced, standing up and smirking afterwards at my expression.

"Rude." I muttered, following him as a he laughed a little at my reply.

I told Jeremy to set up the game as I bought us another drink. While I was sat up at the bar, my mind was in a completely different world.

All I could think about was this morning...

I'm such a dramatic teenage girl.

But it just confused the hell out of me. If Damon liked Elena, why would he want to kiss me?

Vampires are confusing creatures.

Two drinks were placed in front of me and I thanked the bartender and payed for the drinks before joining Jeremy at the pool table.

He was poised over the table with his cue in hands waiting to take his shot.

"Finally." He muttered, jarring the cue forward and breaking the triangle of balls.

"Sorry, I was daydreaming." I mumbled in reply as I set down the drinks and picked up the extra cue.

"Teenage girls are so dramatic." He sighed in reply, his eyes narrowing slightly as I managed to sink two balls in one shot.

Smiling to myself, I went around the table to take my next shot which also sunk another ball.

This continued until I only had the 8 ball left which I unfortunately missed.

"At last!" Jeremy cried out, jumping to his feet and taking his second shot of the game.

"Don't worry, I let you have a turn so I didn't bruise your ego that much." I smirked, taking my drink and having a sip.

"Pfft, whatever." He brushed off what I said and took his shot.

"Come on Jer, I've beaten you so many times and you can never accept that a girl is better than you." I laughed, placing my drink back on the nearby table and leaning back onto a column that was placed near the pool tables.

As Jeremy began to actually get some balls into the holes, I relaxed backwards and closed my eyes as my brain went to wonder.

I was more confused than anything to be honest. I just wanted answers with this whole Damon situation.

But even if I got answers what would I do? It's not like I could have a proper relationship with Damon since everyone would attempt to stop me.

Oh, that and the whole immortal vampire thing. I'm pretty sure Damon wouldn't want to date a human who's just going to get old and die.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice the person by my side until their hand touched my shoulder and made me jump and drop my cue.

"Sorry darling, didn't mean to startle you." Kol smirked as he went to pick up the stick. I was too busy trying to regulate my breathing from his scare and steady my heart beat.

"Seriously you vampires need to stop doing that," I growled "I'm gonna have a heart attack by the time I'm 20 and that's not long."

"Oh yes? How many years would that be?"

I narrowed my eyes "Are you trying to figure out my age Kol Mikaelson?" I asked questionably.

"Of course not darling, I know you're 17."

Crap. He's clever.

"And how do you know that?"

"I'm over a thousand years old, it's my speciality guessing a woman's age." He countered with a smirk which only made me roll my eyes.

"Whatever. What do you want, Kol?" I question with finality in my voice, not being able to put in the effort with properly socialising with him.

"I was just curious as to if you wanted to come to my house for dinner tonight?" He asked smoothly and it took me a moment to register what he just said.

Even Jeremy who was still playing pool stopped suddenly and stared over to us.

"Pardon?"

"You and me. Dinner tonight. My house. 7 o'clock. Be there." He smirked again before simply strolling off with a certain glee in his step.

Ok this day can't get any weirder....

"Did that just happen or am I dreaming?" Jeremy pondered with confusion in his voice as I stared at the space where Kol was standing a few moments previous.

"Uh, I think it did happen...." I trailed off, my mind still trying to process certain thoughts.

So this morning I get kissed by a vampire, and now I get asked out by another one.

What the hell am I supposed to do? I can't just not turn up to the dinner otherwise I'd have Kol to answer too.

But what could happen? I mean, he said dinner but was I the dinner for him?

Maybe I should go and see what he wants, just to be safe.

I wouldn't want to show him up and then have Kol appearing at the boarding house demanding why I didn't turn up.

Right, that's settled then. I'll go to the Mikaelson mansion tonight to see what Kol is up too then I'll leave.

"Harri!" Jeremy shouted which caused my to jump for the second time in the past 10 minutes.

"What?!"

"You've been spaced out for nearly two minutes, are you ok?"

"Yea... I think I just need to go home... I'll see you later Jer." He mumbled, my thoughts still jumbled as he nodded his head in acceptance.

I picked up my things and quickly finished my drink before making my way out the Grill.

If my timings were correct, Matt should be leaving for his shift right now so I can sneak into my room and pick up all my clothes since I still haven't collected them yet.

The walk was short since I didn't live that far from the grill and luckily Matt had already left the house so it was empty.

I unlocked the front door and went straight to my room. Bringing out a large bag from under my bed, I began to stuff my clothes into the bag.

I didn't care if my clothes got creased, they'll just get messy in the bag anyway.

Once I was done with my clothes, I went around the room seeing if there was anything else I needed to bring.

Ah, books. I had books that I hadn't finished that were just gathering dust.

Pulling a smaller bag out of my wardrobe, I began to carefully stack the many books from my bookshelf into the bag.

I care about my books getting ruined of course, who wants damaged books? They're too precious.

After spending a little too much time choosing books to take, everything was packed and I made my way back to the front door.

Just as I went to walk through it, a pile of letters in the side table caught my eye. Curiosity getting the better of me, I wondered over and picked them up.

Huh, they all had my name on them. Matt hadn't said anything to me about getting letters?

Putting the confused thought to the back of my mind, I packed the letters into the same bag as the books and made my way out the house once again.

I just needed to get back to the boarding house a sort my head out.

Alcohol may take part in that if I'm honest.

I needed to think about the whole Damon situation, Kol drama and now these letters that Matt never told me about.

They weren't bills or from a company, they were written by a person and then sent to me.

Maybe they were from my Mom? Or my friend Davina who lives in another state.

It had been a while since I'd heard from either of them.

With thoughts in my mind, I managed to get back to the boarding house within half an hour.

From what I could tell it was empty so I had no problem with blasting music around my room as I packed away my things.

I had set away my letters in the bedside cabinet so I wouldn't been distracted by wanting to reading them and not putting away my possessions.

Finally, my room felt more like home with my clothes in the wardrobe and some of my books on the shelf.

I went to open my bedside cabinet for the letters when my phone began to ring from my pocket which caused me to recoil from the wooden furniture.

Pulling my phone out my jeans, I frowned at the caller ID as it was an unknown number flashing up on my screen.

"Hello?" I answered curiously once I pressed the accept button.

"Harri, you're still coming tonight I'm sure."

I rolled my eyes at Kol's voice down the phone "What do you want Kol? And why is your number unknown?"

"Because my kind brother broke my phone during a little.... debate we were having." He replied and I shook my head.

"You were fighting then?"

"You know me too well Harri."

"To answer your question Kol, yes I will be coming but not for dinner, I have things to do-"

"Then come over now, that means we'll have more time to.... get to know each other." I could practically hear his smirk through the phone.

Sighing in defeat since I know he'll argue until I say yes, I agreed to leave for the mansion in 5 minutes so I could change my clothes then he'd have to wait a bit more since I would be walking to the Mikaelson mansion.

Despite him offering to come and pick me up, I lied and said I had an errand to run along the way so I wouldn't have to put up with him any longer than I needed too.

So, changing out of my jeans and into a skirt instead, I was ready to walk to the Mikaelson mansion to await Kol's irritating personality.

***

"Finally. I was beginning to think you'd never show up." Were the first words I heard when the front door of the mansion opened.

"Well it takes a while to walk." I replied as Kol invited me inside. Surprisingly he was well dressed in some smart jeans and an acid washed t-shirt.

Smart but not too smart. Which was good since I was only in casual wear.

"I did offer you a lift." He laughed as he led me through the large hallways and into the front room.

"Yes, I know, and I denied your offer." I smiled in return.

Offering me a seat on the sofa, I sat beside him but put a distance between us as the certain look in his eyes caused me to squirm slightly.

"So, why exactly have you called me here Kol?" I finally asked, breaking the silence that had settled.

"Isn't it obvious love?" Kol tilted his head to the side "I fancy you, is that too hard to believe?"

I shook my head and laughed a little "It kind of is Kol, how and why on earth would you take a liking to me?"

"Because you're different-"

"Yea I'm gonna stop you there. I'm sorry Kol but it will never work between us, even if there was some affection in me for you." I cut him off with a sorry but sincere look on my face.

His look was impassive as he processed my words.

Please don't freak out. Please don't freak out. Please don't freak out.

After a few more moments, Kol brought his head up and looked at me, stared at me in the eye.

In a flash, I was off the sofa and pressed up against the nearby wall with Kol pinned up against me. His hands were clasped around my wrists which were held against the wall.

"See, darling, I don't take no for an answer lightly." His face was directly in front of mine, his mouth millimetres away. So close I could feel his breath on my lips.

"L-look, Kol-"

"I don't want your excuses love, I've known you for some time and I don't want to wait any longer." He whispered to my ear and I closed my eyes to resist him.

"It's been a year," I laughed nervously, my eyes still closed "Not that long."

"A year is too long when you live for eternity-" I could tell Kol went to finish his sentence but was sharply cut off.

The pressure from my wrists vanished and I opened one eye.

I gasped in shock at the grey veins creeping up onto Kol's face.

Over his shoulder I noticed that Klaus was smirking with Elijah beside him who looked less amused.

Falling onto his front, I then understood what had happened when the dagger in his back shone in the sunlight.

"Your service has been very useful." Klaus finally spoke, the smirk still on his lips as he vanished, along with Kol's body.

"I'm very sorry for both of my brothers behaviour... But your assistance was very helpful." Elijah spoke softly as he could tell I was rattled by this whole scenario.

"C-can you take me home?" I questioned, my voice still shaky.

Elijah nodded his head and in a whisper of noise, I blinked and suddenly appeared at the Boarding House.

"Thank you, Elijah." He dropped me down onto my feet and went to leave until I caught his arm "Why did you dagger Kol? Surely he isn't that much of a nuisance?"

Elijah laughed and fiddled with the cuff links on his shirt sleeves "There are many reasons for us putting my brother to sleep, him being a nuisance is one of them."

"But he's your brother? How can you just dagger him?"

Elijah had a million feelings on his face that I couldn't pinpoint which one gave away his answer.

Before he did give me a proper answer, a revving of an engine pulling up along the drive caused us to look over and see the Camaro with Damon in the front seat.

I looked back to where Elijah was standing but he had vanished. Charming.

Before the engine of the car had even stopped, I quickly turned and ran up to my room.

I didn't want to face Damon. Screw that.

I had been through enough drama today.

Locking the door, I jumped onto my bed and buried myself under the covers.

"Harri? Everything alright?" Damon called from the other side of the door.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired, goodnight Damon." I said softly from under the blankets since I knew he would hear me.

There was a small sigh from him "Goodnight Harri."

***

Yo, sorry for how messy this chapter is and how long I took to update it, its just I've got a busy life apparently.

So yeah, I'll probably go through and edit this and my other books later on since I read them when chapters get new comments and see how shitty my grammar is.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

848K 20.7K 31
→ "I hate them." I say, animosity laced in each word. My brothers abandoned me-they left me, in the middle of nowhere, to die. I remember that day...
641K 15.6K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...
474K 10K 33
I've been in my sister's shadow for my whole entire life. I wouldn't have been if I hadn't been born with the looks I have. I have flaming red hair t...
315K 6.9K 32
My name is Ariel Forbes and this is going to be the story of my crazy messed up life. My adopted sister is a vampire, Katherine is a b**** but she's...