Love story | Nomin ✔️

By Tropicalmimosa

A librarian gets somehow tangled up in a whole other life when he meets the king's son. -Events/Character per... More

Part 1
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Epilogue

Part 2

48 1 0
By Tropicalmimosa

"Dad?" A man was sat in his office as a child ran into the room, screaming his dad's name. "dad!"

"Is everything ok honey?" the man turned to his daughter with a concerned look on his face.

"Can we please go to the park?" begged the child "I want to spend time with you"

"Of course" said the man "give me five minutes and we will go"

"thank you!" cheered the child, running out of her father's office "we're going to the park!"

"Where do you think you're going Lee Jeno?" a middle aged woman walked into the office 

"I'm going to take Hyejin to the park" said Jeno, picking up his phone from his desk "she wants to spend time with me"

"You can't go" scoffed the woman "we're meeting the Kims this afternoon"

"Why are the Kim's coming over?" asked Jeno, turning to the woman "what did you and dad do?"

"Jeno, you are nearly thirty and still not married" scolded Jeno's mum "we are helping you"

"I don't need to get married" sighed Jeno "I'm perfectly fine with it just being me and Hyejin"

"I want legitimate kids" scoffed Jeno's mum "she is not biologically your child"

"You are wrong" said Jeno, crossing his arms "She is my child no matter what" 

"I want legit grandchildren" said Jeno's mum "which is why you are marrying the Kim's daughter"

"How many times have I told you I like guys?" cried Jeno "I am not marrying her"

"Yes you are" said Jeno's mum "I don't want some selfish little boy ruining the royal bloodline"

"But what about my life?" exclaimed Jeno "I thought Doyoung would be the next king"

"He isn't as suitable as you are" said the queen "also he betrayed us by marrying a commoner and a man"

"Times are changing mum" scoffed Jeno "Anyone can love anyone, its not wrong" 

"Shut up Jeno" yelled The Queen "you better drop that stupid act and start listening to me because I know best"

"Fine" scoffed Jeno "now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to spend time with my daughter"

"Oh no you don't" said The Queen, grabbing Jeno's arm "you need to get ready to meet the Kim's"

------------------------------

"Hey Hyejin, are you ok?" a man sat beside Hyejin as she was sat on the floor of the corridor curled up in a ball.

"Hey uncle Hyuck" sighed Hyejin, as the man pulled her into a hug "I'm waiting for dad"

"Oh, I just saw him go int-" said Donghyuck "why were you waiting for him?" 

"We were going to go to the park!" cheered Hyejin "he promised"

"I'm sorry honey" said Donghyuck "how about me and your other uncles take you to the park?"

"Why can't dad take me?" asked Hyejin, her little eyes growing big with curiosity 

"He- your- I don't know how to word this without hurting you darling" started Donghyuck "but know that your dad loves you a lot and would never want to hurt you on purpose"

"He probably got pulled into a meeting by your grandmother"

"Oh....." sighed Hyejin "he's always getting pulled places"

"Can we please go to the park now?"

"Of course" said Donghyuck "I'll get your other uncles and then we can go"

"Thank you uncle Hyuck"

------------------------------

"I wonder what happened this time" sighed Renjun, as they walked along the path with their ice creams "and what scheme the queen has up her sleeve"

"I know" said Donghyuck, as Jisung and Chenle were in the front holding Hyejin's hands "I feel so bad for them"

"He hasn't had any time to spend time with Hyejin in ages" said Mark "I think the queen is doing this on purpose"

"She's breaking the family apart"

"We need to be there to support them at all costs" said Donghyuck

"Hold on" said Renjun, suddenly stopping "where is Hyejin?"

"What do you mean?" said Donghyuck, raising an eyebrow at his husband "she's clearly with- Jisung, Chenle, where is Hyejin??"

"She suddenly disappeared" exclaimed Jisung, frantically looking around the park "I am so sorry, we were watching and holding her hand the whole time"

"Its ok" said Mark, patting Jisung and Chenle's shoulders "she is a six year old, of course she going to go wandering off"

"Yeah, we will find her" said Renjun, holding Donghyuck's hand "don't worry darling"

"This park is small" said Chenle "I'm sure she hasn't gone too far"

"Let's spilt up and search"

"Me, Chenle and Jisung will go left" said Mark, "you and Donghyuck go right"

"Call or message if you find her or need anything"

"Of course"

------------------------------------

Jaemin was sat on the library desk eating a biscuit while Sooyoung was organising the bookshelves. The library was quiet after storm max that had occurred before and Jaemin was glad there was no more book accidents.

"Hello and wel-" Jasmin stood up as the library door was opened to reveal a six year old girl. He looked shocked as the girl stood there looking at him.

"Where are your parents?" Jaemin walked towards the girl slowly and carefully as to not scare her. "do you need help?"

"What is this place?" asked the girl, her eyes wandering around the library "it looks amazing"

"Why don't we sit down first to talk?" asked Jaemin, gently leading the girl towards the tables "I promise I'll answer your questions if you answer mine"

"I was with my uncles" said Hyejin "I went too far and lost them, I didn't mean to. I saw this building and wanted to go inside"

"Have you been to a library before darling?" asked Jaemin, a warm smile on his face 

"I have a library at my house" said Hyejin "but it is full with boring adult books"

"Does this library have boring books too?"

"No, we have books for all ages" said Jaemin "I can show you them if you'd like?"

"Yes please mister-" said Hyejin "what's your name?"

"You can call me nana" said Jaemin "what's your name darling?"

"I'm Lee Hyejin" exclaimed Hyejin "nice to meet you nana"

"Its lovely to meet you too honey" said Jaemin, "now, do you know what kind of books you like or would you like me to pick some out for you?"

"I don't know" said Hyejin "my dad would always read to me"

"Could you pick some out for me?"

"Of course Hyejin darling" said Jaemin "would you like a snack and something to drink?"

"We have some juice boxes if you'd like"

"Oh can I please have an apple juice?" asked Hyejin, a big smile on her face as Jaemin nodded "thank you nana"

A couple of minutes later Jaemin placed an apple juice carton on the table and a couple of children's books. He sat down next to Hyejin with his cup of tea and handed Hyejin a teddy bear.

"This is Mr Snuggles, he loves to read with people so I thought you'd want to meet him" said Jaemin, as Hyejin's eyes lit up 

"Nice to meet you Mr Snuggles!" exclaimed Hyejin "thank you nana"

"Hyejin, do you know your uncle's names?" asked Jaemin, as Hyejin started reading one of the books "or is there someone I can call?"

"Last time I saw them, we were in the park opposite to this one" said Hyejin, hugging Mr Snuggles tightly "I'm sorry, I don't know their numbers"

"Do you think I'm in trouble nana?" 

"No, no of course not darling" assured Jaemin "I'm just worried about you and I'm sure your uncles are as well"

"Hey Jaem- oh who's this?" said Sooyoung, as she walked back into the library 

"Hello, I'm Hyejin" said Hyejin, waving at Sooyoung with a happy smile "I love your nails"

"Well thank you Hyejin" said Sooyoung, giving Hyejin a happy smile "I'm Sooyoung but you can call me Soo"

"It's nice to meet you" said Hyejin "your name is very pretty"

"Your name is very pretty too" said Sooyoung "and I love your dress"

"Thank you Soo!"

"What's happened?" asked Sooyoung 'where are her parents?"

"She got separated with her uncles" said Jaemin, standing up to talk to Sooyoung "I asked if she knew how to contact them but she doesn't"

"Where did she last seem them?" whispered Sooyoung "maybe I can go out and try to find them"

"She said at the park" said Jaemin "they must still be there"

"Alright" said Sooyoung "I'll go out and start looking"

"Thank you Soo" said Jaemin "please text or call me if anything happens"

"of course" said Sooyoung "I'll see you later"

"Is everything ok nana?" asked Hyejin, as Jaemin sat back down at the table "where did Soo goo?"

"She went to find your uncles" said Jaemin "they must be very anxious right now"

"I hope Soo finds them" said Hyejin "I want to say sorry"

"Hey, it's not your fault darling" assured Jaemin "don't feel bad at all"

"Can I read to you and Mr Snuggles?" asked Hyejin, looking at Jaemin with her doe eyes 

"of course" said Jaemin "we would love that"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.4K 3.1K 30
In which a prince has to pretend to be a princess in order to marry the most powerful king in the land. ⌦ fictional story ⌦ royal/ 'medieval' au ⌦ B...
986 10 23
"𝑯𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒉𝒊𝒎, 𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒃𝒍𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒔𝒑𝒐𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒊𝒎𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒚, 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒕�...
133K 6.5K 83
Vampire AU "You're a monster. Your only role in this world is to ruin people's lives. You're completely useless to this society, that's why you get k...
2.8K 113 26
wherein Jaemin tell his kids about their father and his love story. - some chapters may be short and some may be long (sorry!!) - Events/character pe...