Vaidehi - His Second chance

By Imperfectwrts

ใƒŸโ˜… "๐˜œ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜น๐˜ฑ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ต ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ง๐˜ถ๐˜ญ" โ˜…ๅฝก Vai... More

Copyright
Dedication
Characters
1. Rejection
2. Disclosure
4. Set-Up
5. Pondering
6. Wedding
7. Wedding Night
8. Four feet
9. Rose and Lavender
10. Pag Phera
11. His Rage
12. It is Us
13. Thief Singh Suryavanshi
14. Fever
15. Cursing

3. Runaway

5.7K 445 33
By Imperfectwrts

Vaidehi

It's been two days since that incident, yet my parents haven't softened their stance. I can sense their intentions; they're likely planning to marry me off to anyone they deem fit.

Isn't it absurd how parents bring us into this world, dictate every aspect of our lives, and then blame us when we dare to make a single decision of our own?

All I can do is sit on this floor, subjected to their taunts, while gazing at the sky that seems to mock my miserable existence. I am living as a captive in my own house. When I used to watch those stars with Shlok, they used to shine brightly. But now, they seem dull and lifeless. Has their nature changed, or has my perspective shifted?

Everything reminds me of him—the warmth of his smile, the sparkle in his eyes that captivated me, and the comforting embrace that made me feel like we were in our own world.

I remember how we used to wish for our togetherness each time a star fell from the sky. 

(Past)

"Hey, that was a falling star," he exclaimed, excitement dancing in his eyes. As his words hung in the air, I eagerly reached for the telescope, hoping to catch a glimpse. But alas, there was nothing to be seen.

"You're always late! I missed another star," I pouted, feeling a bit like a disappointed child, while he chuckled at my antics.

"What did you want to wish from falling star?" he inquired, a playful glint in his eyes.

"You," I replied, cheeks flushing with embarrassment as I hastily made my escape.

Present -

But now, I realize those wishes were just childish fantasies, because although his memories surround me, he himself isn't here.

How happy we both were in our own world, a world full of love. But it got destroyed like a balloon pricked by a single pin, and it hurts even more knowing that the pin was wielded by none other than my own parents. The parents, whom I assumed would prioritize my happiness, but assumptions are always incorrect.

I want to ask them, when did I become the flag bearer of their reputation? When did I ask for it? I don't want any reputation; I just want my Shlok back.

I tried calling him, but his phone has been switched off since that day. For once, I want to see if he is fine or not.

I attempted again, but the response was the same: switched off.

I decided to call Samaira, though she might not pick up if she's on a flight. However, to my surprise, she answered after just two rings.

"Sam..." I choked out between sobs, desperation evident in my voice , knowing that only she could offer me solace in this moment of despair.

"What happened, Vaida? Did he break your heart? Tell me, Vaidu, what happened? You're going to give me a heart attack" Samaira's voice rushed through the phone, laced with concern and worry.

I struggled to compose myself enough to speak, the weight of my emotions threatening to drown me. "He... he... they..." I managed to utter before another wave of tears overtook me.

"Tell me if I need to break some bones. Just give me the name, and watch how I wipe them off from earth," Her words came through with a fierce determination, offering me the kind of unwavering support that only a true friend could provide.

"Bapu... he refused..." I choked out the words, my voice trembling as I traced my finger along the dried blood marks on my wrist, remnants of my mother's harsh grip.

"Now, that's the problem. Your father is turning into a devil in this Romeo and Juliet story," Samaira remarked, her tone tinged with sarcasm.

"Y-you're joking?" I asked, desperately clinging to a glimmer of hope.

"Me and joke? Nah! Is anyone around you?" Her voice held a sense of urgency.

"N-no..." I replied, my heart pounding in my chest as I looked around through the small window.

"Good, then listen to me and don't refuse," she continued, her words rushing out in a torrent of determination.

"W-what...?" I asked, my breath catching in my throat.

"Run away! Just run away! You will get thousands of lives to live as a obedient girl but when once you are getting a chance , try being a bitch. It's fun. These people will not let you breathe, Vaidehi. This is the only way. Live your life. Ja, Vaidehi ji, le apni zindagi,

"B-but, Ma, Bapu..." I protested weakly, the weight of my family's expectations bearing down on me.

"Nothing, dear. Did your Ma and Bapu ever really care for you? Then why the hell are you still sacrificing yourself for them? If they say 'fuck off,' then you should be replying 'fuck you,' not 'yes, sure,'" Her words cut through my doubts like a knife, leaving me stunned by the force of her conviction.

I realised, I was a part of this family but was this family ever a part of me?

"What if?" I murmured, the weight of uncertainty heavy on my shoulders.

"Oh god! Girl, this life is too short for 'what ifs.' Let me just shove some bullets into their heads to kick-start their brains,"  her frustration was evident in her tone.

"You wouldn't actually do something like that," I protested, knowing her fiery temperament.

"Only if you do what I say," she countered, her voice softening with determination.

"Okay," I whispered, feeling a mixture of fear and new source of energy coursing through me.

"Good! Now wipe off your tears. Get up, pack your things, and get out at midnight. If only I had known about this earlier, I wouldn't have taken my flight."She took a halt but I could hear her shouting at someone"  È così che lavori? Bastardi" 

(Is this how you work? Bastards!)

"You are in Italy?" I asked, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Hmm... but don't be scared. Just get out from there, I will manage to get in contact with Shlok." she reassured me, her words offering a glimmer of hope amidst the chaos of my emotions.

As I ended the call, I hugged my phone tightly to my chest, the tears stains still visible on my cheeks. Silently, I packed a few of my belongings, my chest heavy with fear. The thought of being caught by Bapu filled me with dread, knowing it could mean the worst possible outcome.

I waited for what felt like an eternity, the hours ticking by slowly until it was finally midnight. The world outside was shrouded in silence, adding to the intensity of the moment.

Ja, Vaidehi ,  jee le apni zindagi.

With a deep breath, I jumped out of the window, landing softly on the ground below. I made my way to the temple where Shlok was waiting for me, his presence a comforting anchor in the darkness.

"Shlok..." I choked out his name as I ran into his arms, the weight of the moment finally crashing down on me. I ran my hands at his face, to check for any injuries.

"It's not time for this, Vaidehi," he murmured softly, his hands soothingly caressing my back.

As we stood beneath the tranquil glow of the moon, enveloped by the stillness of the night, a sense of peace washed over us. With a gentle touch, Shlok lifted my chin, his eyes locking with mine in a silent exchange of understanding and affection.

"Vaidehi, are you sure?" he murmured, his voice a soft caress against the quiet of the night. I nodded in response.

In that moment, time seemed to stand still as we lost ourselves in the warmth of each other's embrace. There were no words, no need for grand gestures. It was just the two of us, sharing a moment of quiet intimacy amidst the chaos of the world.

And as we finally pulled away, our fingers intertwined in a silent promise of love. With a smile, we continued our journey into the night, hand in hand, our hearts intertwined in a love that would stand the test of time.

With every step, I could feel the weight of my decision pressing down on me, the fear of my father's wrath looming like a dark cloud on the horizon. But alongside the fear, there was a glimmer of hope, fueled by the love and determination burning within me.

We waited for a auto, both of us hiding our faces, aware that this is my father's area and the most risky zone. We don't have any fixed destination; we will go anywhere where we both can live happily, together.

The roads were silent, the city was sleeping in peace while we were fighting the biggest war which can change our fate forever.

Finally, an auto came into sight and halted, catching our attention.

"Where are you both heading this late?" the auto driver inquired, while I instinctively hid my face in my dupatta.

"Me and my wife, came to visit a relative. We just have to go the nearby lodge" Shlok explained, while I nodded.

"Hmm.. come sit"the driver gestured. We entered the auto, avoiding any further conversation, and the ride remained silent.

The auto halted outside a local lodge. We looked into each other's eyes and nodded, holding hands. There wouldn't be much registration or verification here, not like a reputable hotel. My lips were chanting silent prayers as I held onto his bicep. The surroundings felt awkward, with a middle-aged man sitting behind the booking counter, chewing betel leaf. He looked us up and down, and as soon as I realized his gaze, I let go of Shlok's bicep and looked down, nervously wrapping my fingers around the hem of my dupatta.

Well, without any interrogation, he let us go, but I could still feel his gaze on us. There was a different meaning behind that smile, which revealed his red-stained teeth, but I couldn't decipher it.

It was a small room, offering a beautiful view of the forts through its small window. It appeared as though it had been closed for quite some time and the only piece of furniture present there was a cot.

Though it was nothing compared to our luxurious house, it still felt more like home. After all, money is not everything, and it can never be.

"Vaidehi..." His voice trembled as he gently turned me to face him, his eyes betraying a vulnerability I hadn't seen before. "I'm scared," he confessed, his words hanging heavy in the air between us.

I felt my heart clench at his admission, my own fears echoing his. "About what?" I asked softly, my fingers reaching out to touch his trembling lips.

"Our future," he whispered, his gaze searching mine for reassurance. "About us, Vaidehi. What if..." His voice trailed off, the unspoken fears lingering in the silence that followed.

Without hesitation, I pulled him into a tight embrace, feeling the warmth of his body against mine. My fingers found solace in the soft curls of his hair as I held him close, trying to convey the depth of my love without words.

Gently, I cupped his face in my hands, feeling the warmth of his skin beneath my touch.

"Listen to me," I said, my voice steady despite the turmoil within me. "We may not know what the future holds, but we know one thing for certain: we love each other. And as long as we have that love, we can face anything together."

Tears welled up in his eyes, shimmering like liquid diamonds in the soft glow of the moonlight. "I don't want to lose you, Vaidehi. You mean everything to me."

"And are my everything Shlok." I whispered, drawing him close until our hearts beat as one. "We'll find a way through this, Shlok. Together. I promise."

As we sat on the old, worn cot, I nestled my head against his shoulder, finding comfort in the warmth of his presence, holding his left biceps. We spoke of everything – our hopes, our dreams, our fears – laying bare our souls to each other in the soft glow of the moonlight.

I couldn't tear my gaze away from his face, illuminated by the gentle light filtering through the window. His features were etched with a mixture of emotions – love, concern, determination – each expression pulling at my heartstrings in its own way. 

We slept like that, holding each other close enough to feel our breath and heartbeats. Who knows what our future holds? But at least in the present, we can hold each other, and that's enough for now.

My eyes opened to the knocking on the door, and I rubbed them, the sun rays already bathing me and changing the darkness of the room with their light. Shlok was already awake, his eyes focused on the window.

"Good morning," he wished, kissing my head, then moved towards the door. "Freshen up quickly. I've already ordered breakfast. The tickets are arranged. We will go to Delhi from here."

I stood up, yawning and rubbing my eyes, as the door opened. There stood an old man, his back drooping, with wrinkles covering his face.

"Tea..." He passed the plate to Shlok and walked away.

I took a sip from one of the cups and Shlok gently took it from me, offering me the other cup in return. 

"Why do you do it?" I asked and he smiled.

"Because it tastes sweet"

Mere dil ka telephone bajta ring ring..

My phone buzzed and I picked up, as soon the screen showed Samaira.

"Vaidehi, where are you?" She asked hurriedly.

"Umm.." I was going to speak when all of a sudden my eyes met another figure standing at the door. Fear sealed my lips shut.

"Vaidehi..? Hello? Are you hearing me? H-hello?" The phone fell from my hands, on the cot.

"SHLOK!!!" A scream escaped my lips, but it was already too late. He fell to his knees, holding the back of his head which was oozing with blood.

My brother stood there, flanked by his muscular cohorts, his sleeves rolled up in a menacing display. My lips trembled as I watched, but fear rendered me speechless. 

"Vaidehi? What's wrong?" Her voice carried concern, but I remained silent, unable to muster a response. One of the goons moved forward, picking up my phone.

He glanced at the screen and smirked at my brother. "That Khurana's girl," he remarked before deliberately dropping my phone to the ground, shattering it into pieces and grinding it further beneath his feet.

"b-bhai.." I pleaded, tears streaming down from my eyes.

He advanced toward me, and I instinctively began to retreat, only to find myself backed against the wall. Panic surged through me as I realized I had nowhere left to go.

He closed the distance, his eyes burning with animosity, until he loomed over me like a dark shadow. Without warning, his hands clamped around my neck, squeezing relentlessly. I clawed at his grip, desperation flooding my senses, but his hold only tightened. My breath became shallow and labored, my futile attempts to free myself growing weaker by the second, all while Shlok lay before me, helpless and in pain.

As he released his grip, I collapsed to the ground, gasping for air. He seized me by the hair and dragged me across the floor, my body scraping against the unforgiving surface. In my desperation, my hand brushed against Shlok's, perhaps for the last time and a tear drop fell from my dried eyes, before one of his henchmen crushed our hands beneath his boot, forcibly tearing us apart. While, we both kept staring at each other, our eyes watching the painful separation of us, but our hearts still remained together.

In that moment, it became painfully clear: this world was never meant for a love like ours.

In our world, love's like a fairy tale, but without the magic. No fairies, no tales, just devils and tragedies.

Tujhme main hoon, mujhme tu
Aur hai saansein roobaroo
Kuch bhi nahi ab dono ke darmiyaan

Chahe uss chand mein
Chamak rahe na rahe
Tere mere pyar ki umar salamat rahe

Chahe main rahoon jahan mein
Chahe tu na rahe
Tere mere pyar ki umar salamat rahe

O... mmm...

-----------------------------

How was the update? Don't forget to vote and comment.

You guys gave such a good response on previous chapter, that I caouldn't stop myself from publishing this one earlier than what I had decided.

Hope for same love and support.

Keep Smiling! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 7.9K 34
Vivaan Rajput: A 28 year old billionaire of few words, holding an aura which can bring anyone to their knees, he is president of Rajput industries. T...
293K 17.1K 39
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...
515K 20.6K 74
She was rose in the garden filled with thorns๐Ÿฅ€ He was the thorn that would destroy her๐Ÿ”ฑ Ansh & Anaya were tied in an arranged marriage. By their p...