The Playboy's Crush By Debora...

By deborahaolaleye

In the vibrant heart of Miami, a city where wealth and beauty collide, Shane Williams - a billionaire CEO wit... More

Prologue
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE

ELEVEN

14 3 0
By deborahaolaleye

"Morning, Lara." Andrea threw her arms around her briefly in an embrace at lunch. "Welcome back from your trip. How was Paris?"

"Interesting. It's a fascinating city," Lara said.

"I missed you a lot," Andrea was saying.

"Yet you didn't call." Lara cut into her words, making a face.

Andrea pouted. "I expected you to call and share the fun on the trip with me, but no, you didn't. You couldn't have expected me to call. What if I called while you were having a meeting?"

"Your excuse is flimsy, buddy. But I will let it pass," Lara told her, and she tsked, shaking her head in amusement at her as she walked along the queue to get her lunch served.

She walked to the spot where Andrea and she usually hang out during lunch and sat down, Andrea joining her a few seconds later, and they both started chatting.

"Liam," Andrea muttered as Liam walked by their table, hesitating for a moment about joining the two at their table and eventually deciding to sit on another instead.

Andrea waved him over. "You can sit with us," she told him. "If you want," she added quickly.

He looked at Lara; their gazes made contact briefly before he approached the table and sat with them.

"Are you avoiding me, Liam?" Lara asked him as he sat with them.

She hoped he was not yet stuck over her rejection of his proposal to be in a relationship with her. It couldn't be. But she hadn't seen much of him around since then.

"Why should he be avoiding you?" Andrea piped. "Did you two have a fallout?"

"I'm not avoiding you, Lara. It's not you."

"Oh!" Lara's lips parted briefly, understanding the message just as much as Andrea had.

The expression on her face turned sullen again, and she focused intently on her food, pretending to be enjoying her lunch.

But Lara could see through her facade. She knew something was up between the two of them.

"Is there anything I'm missing out on, Liam? I thought you and Andrea had settled your disagreement. Or are you having a relapse?"

"It's nothing, Lara. It's nothing of the sort. We don't have a disagreement."

"Then, it's definitely me you are avoiding. I haven't seen much of you around since I got back from the trip."

Liam looked at her with a smirk on the corners of his lips and tsked. "How could you have? You've only been in office four days now since you came back."

"And four days is inconsequential? I would have noticed your presence on the first day of my resuming office."

"I missed out on lunches purposely because I had a lot to cover. I was rarely in office during those periods. You should know I would have been the first to welcome you back to the office upon your arrival." He flashed a light smile at her. "How was your trip?"

"Successful." She looked at Andrea, aware she had exempted herself from the conversation.

The Andrea she knew never shirked from setting banter rolling in a conversation.

"Andrea. What's wrong?" 

Andrea shook her head and forced a smile that didn't reach her eyes. "Nothing. I'm fine."

"You don't look as cheerful as you had been a minute ago," she observed. She placed a hand over a corner of her lips to shield it from Liam's view. "Is it Liam? Has he done something to offend you?" She whispered to her, leaning closer to her to talk as distinctly as possible to her without her words getting overheard by Liam.

Andrea closed her eyes briefly and shook her head in response; her cutlery was paused over her plate, her palm pressed against the edge of the table.

"Lara?" Liam urged. "What are you whispering about?"

Lara settled properly in her seat and twisted her lips at Liam. "Ladies' talk, Liam. You don't get to know."

Liam feigned being hurt, pressing a hand to his chest with so much vigor that Andrea couldn't resist sneaking a peek at him. "How you hurt me with your words, Lara. I never took you for one to discriminate."

Lara laughed. "Why? I never could have thought you were as dramatic as you've shown now."

Andrea grimaced as the two laughed.

Then it dawned on her. She took a closer look at the covert look in Liam's eyes as he laughed with Lara.

He was truly attracted to her. What had begun as an ordinary tease was playing out to be true; Andrea observed to her dismay.

She had only made jests of Liam's eager attempts to befriend Lara because of her beauty; she hadn't known he truly was attracted to her.

Probably he had already revealed his intentions, or he was bidding his time for the perfect time to strike and sweep her off her feet with his charming smile and delectable humor.

Her heart lurched as she watched the two, instantly repelled by the idea of the rest of her lunch. She would never be able to stomach her lunch, given the state of her emotions.

She stood abruptly from her chair, putting an abrupt end to their laughter, and excused herself. "I have to go," she informed them quickly, and she walked with harried steps away from the table and out of the restaurant.

Lara looked confused. "What could have happened to her?" She looked fine by the time they started eating their lunch.

Liam shrugged indifferently. "Don't ask me. I have no idea."

Lara didn't look convinced. The two had been acting out with each other. Something had gone down between them. She decided to find out about it from Andrea after the day was over.

She hoped she would let her in, though.

She had the rest of her lunch with Liam and politely refused an offer to meet for the weekend.

"All my weekends have been booked by my friends."

"How about today, then? I honestly have to treat you to another meal. I really enjoyed your company today, Lara. You will make a good chat buddy."

"I have an appointment to meet with someone after work today; I'm sorry."

He raised an unconvinced eyebrow at her. "Or you are deliberately making up excuses not to hang out with me because of my request?"

"I'm offended you would think that of me. I mean it. I'm occupied for the rest of the week. The following week, perhaps."

"My apologies for doubting the veracity of your words. Next week. I look forward to it."

She nodded in acknowledgment and walked back to her office, feeling energized to continue with the rest of her tasks for the day.

Shane called her to his office a few minutes after she relaxed in her chair and was about to get on with her work.

"How was your lunch?"

"Good. Do you need me to get lunch for you from your preferred restaurant?"

He waved a hand to dismiss her request. "Don't bother. Are we still having drinks together today?"
"Of course," she confirmed.

"Would you like having dinner with me tonight over drinks? I've missed having home-cooked meals." He paused, searching her expression. "We can just have a drink if you are not open to the idea."

"Alright." She tilted her head in agreement. "What's the menu for dinner?"

Shane touched the tip of his tongue to the back of his lower teeth. "The issue is I don't have much to make dinner. I hardly cook, so I don't bother shopping for groceries."

Lara choked on a laugh, scoffing subtly in amusement. "I will prepare a list of the things we will need for dinner. What would you love to have?"
"It's all on you. Whatever you decide."

She twitched her lips with a half-smile. "I get it. Will that be all?"

"Sure," he answered, clasping his fingers below his chin. "I will pick you up at the end of the day. We can go grocery shopping together. Perhaps I could learn a thing or two and stop being so dependent on my mom to have a taste of home-cooked meals."

Lara laughed and nodded in acquiescence to his words. "Of course." She exited his office to hers and set on wrapping her tasks quickly before the end of work hours for the day, so she could find Andrea before Shane called her up.

Andrea had a thing for becoming elusive whenever she was hurt. She would make sure she didn't escape her today.

"Looking for Andrea?" Liam asked with a knowing smile on his face as they came into contact in the hallway leading to Andrea's department.

Lara's shoulders sagged as she heaved a defeated sigh. She had beaten her into leaving again. "There's something you are not telling me, Liam."

"It's not for me to tell. I thought ladies talked. She would fill you in when she comes around to doing so. Either way, it doesn't pique my interest."

Lara arched an eyebrow at him, furrowing her brows in inquiry.

"Next week, Lara," he reminded her. "Goodbye." He gave her a salute and continued walking toward the elevator.

Lara huffed another sigh, exhaled on a low whistle, and went to meet Shane to get on with their plans for the day.

She wasn't surprised he lived in a luxurious estate, as they were driven through Star Island after purchasing all the grocery items they would need to have dinner prepared for the night.

Shane's house was magnificent, a true testament to opulence and grandeur. The exterior of the house was a sight to behold, exuding an air of elegance and sophistication.

The mansion sat on an expansive waterfront property, with perfectly manicured gardens surrounding it like a verdant oasis. Towering palm trees swayed gently in the warm breeze, casting playful shadows upon the meticulously designed pathways leading to the grand entrance.

The architecture was a harmonious blend of Mediterranean and contemporary styles, featuring sleek lines, stately columns, and large arched windows that allowed glimpses into the world within.

As Lara stepped through the double doors, a wave of awe washed over her, for the interior was nothing short of breathtaking.

The foyer welcomed her with its soaring ceilings adorned with intricately crafted chandeliers, their crystal facets casting dazzling patterns of light upon the marble floors below. Artwork by renowned masters graced the walls, each piece carefully curated to evoke emotion and admiration.

As he led her further into the house, they stepped into a vast living room that exuded both comfort and sophistication. Plush velvet sofas, upholstered in rich jewel tones, inviting one to sink into their embrace, sat proudly in the room. The room was bathed in light, its floor-to-ceiling windows offering an unobstructed view of the azure waters beyond.
A grand piano stood proudly in one corner of the room, its polished wood gleaming under the soft glow of recessed lighting.

"Welcome to my humble home." Shane stood ahead, extending his arms out in a welcoming gesture.

Lara had forgotten how to breathe, mesmerized by the lavish interior of his house. All of it exuded an unparalleled sense of luxury. "Humble." She scoffed. "Your house is outstandingly beautiful, Shane. This is ethereal!" She said it with a high pitch.

She had been expecting his home to be a grand sight to behold, but this was beyond her wildest imagination.

Adjacent to the living room was a gourmet kitchen that would delight even the most discerning chef. Lara marveled at the gleaming stainless steel appliances and pristine marble countertop. The island at the center of the room was a hub for culinary delight, while the cozy breakfast nook beckoned with its sun-drenched ambiance.

"I could give you a guided tour of my house, should you be interested," he said, making emphasis on the 'guided tour."

Lara snickered, aware of whom he was making a reference to.

Dinner was a flavorful delicacy of Spanish-style seafood paella with a variety of fresh seafood, such as shrimp, mussels, clams, and fish, infused with saffron and spices.

Once it was cooked, she removed the pan from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.

"Mmn." Shane rubbed his hands together, thrilled, as he approached the kitchen, inhaling the aroma that wafted in the air. "Something smells good."

She garnished the food with parsley and dished out portions for each of them. "It's all ready to be served," she announced.

"Hooray!" Shane cheered with glee. "What can I help with?"

"It's all on me, remember?"

"As your ladyship pleases." He swept a comic bow, to which Lara snickered.

"Woah!" He gave her two thumbs up as he took a spoonful of the food, his eyes widening immediately with thrill and pleasure, a soft moan escaping his throat. "Were you a chef, or did you work as a chef too?"

"This," she leaned back and gestured to the dishes on the table, "is all thanks to my mom's unparalleled culinary skills. I learned from the best."

"Of course." Shane nodded, enthusiastically scooping spoonfuls of paella into his mouth. "This is delicious!" He gushed profusely.

"Easy, it's hot."

"All I can taste is the richness of its taste."

Lara smiled, digging into her food as well. "Mmn." She moaned in appreciation for the taste of the food.
Her knowledge of Kyle's culinary skills blended with those she had learned from her mom's to make an exotic combination.

"I would love to have more tastes of your cuisines, Lara. This is impressive. I love it. I get to have weekend specials from now on."

She furrowed her brows, pausing her spoon mid-air after she had scooped the paella into her mouth. She chewed and swallowed. "Is that an order or a request?"

Shane made a face at her. "A request. From your friend," he answered.

She twitched her brows.

"Please."

"I'm honored to be your host."

"Thank you," he breathed ecstatically.

After eating, they both cleared the used dishes off the table and cleaned them. Shane had insisted on helping out since, technically, Lara was a guest in his home.

"What?" Lara turned to face him after she had placed the last of the dishes they had used away, wiping her hand dry with a towel.

He had been staring at her. She felt awkward with the adoring expression in his gaze. It made emotions she wished remained buried until she left him surge within her.

"You are perfect." His voice was a caressing whisper.
The compliment made her heart leap. Tiny flutters moved through her, and her belly made flip-flops at his comment.

She sucked in her lip ring and swallowed, snapping out of the trance their locked gazes kept her in. "We should have the wine now. I will.. I will..." She licked her lips nervously. She had forgotten what she ought to do.

Shane was struggling to rein in his desires as he watched her get flustered.

She frowned lightly. "I will head to the sitting room first," she said in a rush, and she moved with harried steps, muttering inaudibly under her breath, her heart thudding so loudly she could hear its beats in her ears.

Her mind raced. All this had been a bad idea. He was unraveling her emotions gradually. A chill spread within her, and fear gripped her. She tripped in her strides and let out a yelp as she saw the floor rush to meet her face.

Relief and a shiver racked through her as a powerful arm wrapped around her waist and pulled her back against a wall of hard, muscled chest.

She heaved out pants at his proximity, her mouth going dry as she felt him behind her.

She ought to leave now. She should run. Her legs decided to grow heavy at that crucial moment, trapping her in a dangerous position with him.

Her lips parted as his warm breath caressed her nape.

Her scent was intoxicating. It made his pulse rise. He mentally willed himself to take his hand off her waist; she was safe now, but he couldn't bring himself to do that.

"Lara." He sighed, fearing what he might do to her if she didn't move away from his hold. He couldn't pull away from her, and it was hard for him to hold himself back from ravishing her as he would love to.

"Lara!" he pleaded for her to leave, his lips itching to taste her.

"Just a taste," he told himself, tilting his head to press a kiss on her neck.

Fire burned through her at the touch of his lips against her neck. A moan escaped her throat, and heat pooled between her thighs.

Damn it! 

Shane cursed sharply under his breath, overwhelmed by his desires, turned her to face him in one swift swirl, and slammed his mouth roughly against hers.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
2.1M 69K 54
I pushed him with as much force as I could which made him stumble slightly but he succeeded in maintaining his balance and escaped from falling. That...
650K 18.9K 56
[UNDER EDITING] Meet Ashley Hayes, the 24-year-old girl who was frowned upon by everyone because she was an orphan. The girl who worked two jobs so s...
644K 19.1K 55
[Book One of the You Series] "Rules are meant to be broken, aren't they?" he whispered among my gasps. * Isabella Grace Greene. Brown Eyes, Chestnut...