Rebirth of the Female Antagon...

Oleh AnaS28653

THIS IS NOT MY STORY..... WHEN I WAS READING IT .....I SEARCH FOR EVERY CHAPTER IN DIFFRENT WEBSITE... SO I T... Lebih Banyak

1-2
3-4
5-6
7-8
9-10
11-13
14-15
16-18
19-20
21-22
23-24
25-26
27-30
31-33
34-35
36-37
38-39
40-41
42-44
45-48
49-51
52-54
55-57
58-60
61-64
65-67
73-77
78-81
82-84
85-88
89-91
92-94
95-97
98-100
101-105

68-72

161 2 0
Oleh AnaS28653

68

"Young Miss.."

An Wei stared at XuanRong who was starting to regain her awareness. When he noticed that his body was very close to her, he slowly moved away, trying to distance himself from her, but before he could even move, XuanRong subconsciously grabbed the hem of his clothes, not letting him go far away from her.

An Wei could only sigh and return to his original position, half-kneeling in front of XuanRong.

After a few seconds, XuanRong's breathing was starting to return to normal. She no longer needed to gasp repeatedly in order to breath. During the entire time, An Wei remained kneeling beside her since XuanRong would not release his clothes. Feeling hopeless, An Wei could only inwardly shook his head and was trying his best to suppressed the happiness of seeing XuanRong's dependence on him. He knew that he should not be happy of XuanRong being dependent on him, but he could not help it. He knew she was only dependent of him because she viewed him like a special person in her life but he could not fight the happiness he felt. Unfortunately, that 'specialness' was not between a man and a woman but rather, it was more like a platonic love between siblings, or to be precise, between families.

XuanRong viewed him as a family than as a man. Forcefully trying to suppress his sad thoughts, An Wei raised his hand and slowly patted XuanRong's head.

"Is Young Miss okay? What happened?"

XuanRong could heard An Wei's deep concern on his voice. She could not help but feel happy. She knew that he was worried and wanted to know the reason of her abnormal action.

She inhaled and exhaled a couple of times, trying to calm herself before answering An Wei's questions. After calming down, XuanRong smiled at An Wei and nodded.

"I'm already fine..."

She did not want to explain. Even if she wanted to, she knew it was impossible. If even if she tried to explain everything, tell An Wei that she experienced being reborn, XuanRong knew that it was difficult to believe in her words.

Sensing that XuanRong was not planning to answer his questions and elaborate further, An Wei could only pretend that he did not ask. He did not want to force her.

"Ah! That's right. An Wei! We have to help YuShen!"

Remembering YuShen, XuanRong suddenly felt a great remorse for not being able to help her. Due to her momentary confusion, she had failed to defend and rescue YuShen.

She failed as YuShen's Young Mistress.

'No! I was given a chance to rewrite my destiny! I have to protect the ones I love! Baili Chen!! How dare you appear before me?! You even tried to assault my maidservant this time! Ha! The nerve! Let's see if you could afford to offend me, This Grand Aunt[1]!!'

After clearing her mind, XuanRong was able to break free from the shackles that had been binding her to the darkness for years. The fear that kept on haunting her and the nasty dreams she had, all of it vanished in an instant... she was no longer afraid. After realizing that she was no longer alone, that she could restart all over again, XuanRong was now able to move forward, leaving the dark memories at the back of her mind, only carrying the past grudges and hatred from her previous lifetime.

"An Wei, where is YuShang?"

Not seeing her other maidservant, XuanRong could not help but ask him. Since she was not on her right mind few minutes ago due to shock and fear, XuanRong was not able to notice anything that was happening on her surroundings.

"She went to help YuShen."

When XuanRong heard An Wei's words, her brows could not help but raise. YuShen and YuShang had been learning qinggong under An Wei's tutelage since young. Although they could not reach the level of a high master, XuanRong could proudly say that both YuShen and YuShang were talented and could defend themselves against most of the common ruffian and assassins. Unfortunately, Baili Chen also knew qinggong. Unlike Wei Zhang Ki and Rui Fang Li who neither knew qinggong nor practice sword art, Baili Chen was different. He, Rui Fang Li and Li Jung Li were not the typical arrogant silk-pants[2] young masters who only knew how to waste money on brothels and bury themselves under the prostitute's embrace.

The trio were known to be the role models of the young adults. Many women would try and climb on their bed, especially on Baili Chen's bed. Although he was only the youngest brother of Duke Baili and was unable to succeed his Duke title, many noble families were still planning on betrothing their daughters to him because his future was endless. At the young age, he was already talented. This year, he was planning to take the imperial examination that would allow him to work as an official in the court. Although he was a bit lecherous, it was normal for a young man to act like that sometimes. Who doesn't have four wives and three concubines? Almost all men in the continent only knew how to indulge themselves in pleasure.

In her previous lifetime, XuanRong hated Baili Chen because he tried to make advances on her. Being an arrogant person, XuanRong felt disgusted every time she sees Baili Chen and would often mock his status as Duke Baili's younger brother. In this lifetime, it was still the same, she hated Baili Chen up to her core.

"Drive forward and destroy that carriage!"

XuanRong suddenly spoke angrily, ordering the coachman to drive forward, making the poor old man pray for the other people's soul. Who told them to offend their Da XiaoJie[3]? The carriage that they were using was not a normal carriage, it was similar to a war carriage that was widely known for being sturdy and hard. Once it collided with another carriage, the other carriage would definitely be broken into pieces.

Even An Wei was startled by XuanRong order. It was only a moment ago that she was acting frail and fearful but now, she was brimming with anger and even wanted to destroy the other party's carriage. Although he was a bit skeptical for her sudden change of emotions, An Wei did not say anything and decided to remain silent.

XuanRong inwardly rejoiced for being an arrogant person on her previous life. The young XuanRong was indeed haughty. She liked to be dominant and viewed other people as dirt. When she was nine years old, she demanded that she should have a unique carriage that no other person could have. Being schemed by her beloved granddaughter, Great General Chen gifted the young XuanRong a war carriage. It was being pulled by four Ferghana[4] horses that were carefully raised by the Chen family for the army's cavalry. After XuanRong was thrown in the suburbs, the carriage and horses were locked away. Although Xiao Lou and XuanFei wanted to use the carriage, it was not possible because it was a personal gift from the Great General and they do not have the right to use it.

"What are you waiting? Destroy that carriage!"

"Y-yes... Da XiaoJie!"

The coachman could only follow XuanRong's order and whipped the horses.

"Jiaaa!"

The carriage once again moved. XuanRong closed her eyes and waited for the impact to arrive.

*baaam!*

XuanRong was almost thrown forward. Luckily, An Wei was in front of her and he was able to secure her by holding her waist.

Seconds later, they heard an angry voice shouting, "FUCK!!! WHO DARED TO DESTROY THIS YOUNG MASTER'S CARRIAGE?!!!"

Hearing Baili Chen's angry voice, XuanRong's mouth curved upward. She opened her mouth and spoke.

"Oh? And who is this idiot daring to block This Lady's way?"

----------

[1]. (Lao Niang)- An arrogant way of addressing oneself.

[2]. It means a rich and hedonistic son.

[3]. Eldest Young Miss

[4]. Ferghana horses were one of China's earliest major imports and were also called 'blood sweating horses' or 'heavenly horses'.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

69.Mistake

"Young Master, someone was blocking the way. The path is too small, and the horse carriage cannot pass through." The coachman slowed down the carriage until it stopped.

Baili Chen opened his eyes and glared at his attendant who was sitting perpendicular to him.

"Go and take a look."

Baili Chen was in a bad mood. He wanted to visit the brothel that located at the center of the capital in order to unwind. He just came from his Eldest Brother's residence. He immediately left after being humiliated by his Eldest Sao[1]. Baili Chen was still young when both of his parents died. He was not older than three when his Eldest brother married his wife and took the mantle of their father, becoming the next Duke Baili. The Baili family had four children. The eldest, the third and the youngest were all males while the second child was the only female of the family. When his elder sister reached the marriageable age, she had gotten married to a wealthy noble man. A year later after his sister left the Baili's residence, the third child died at the age of ten due to sickness, leaving both Baili Chen and his eldest brother in the Baili residence. Baili Chen basically grew up under the roof of the first branch. Since he was not old enough to separate from the family[2], he had no choice but to live under his eldest brother's care. His situation was a bit awkward since he was his brother and not his child.

Duke Baili truly cared for his youngest brother. Since their sister left after marrying and their third brother died in sickness, Baili Chen was the only relative Duke Baili had, thus, their relationship was far grater than most siblings. Duke Baili would often pamper Baili Chen and indulge him, giving everything that he wanted. The Duke would also turn a blind eye on Baili Chen's misdeeds, making the young man more arrogant and willful. But although Baili Chen was arrogant and lecherous, he did not regressed into a silkpants[3] young master which made Duke Baili breathed in relief.

Baili Chen was very talented. His qinggong was not mediocre and his literature and studies were top notch, making the Duke highly value him. Since Baili Chen was being favored greatly by his eldest brother, his eldest sao felt like he was trying to steal the limelight of her children. Since Baili Chen and his eldest brother's sons were quite similar in age, often times, he would outshine his nephews, making his eldest sao furious. she felt like Baili Chen was eyeing the Duke title. When Duke Baili was not in the residence, Baili Chen's eldest sao would often make things difficult for him. Even the servants would call him different names behind his back.

Today, his eldest sao was humiliating him in front of her friends. She kept on hinting that he, Baili Chen, was a freeloader. Although he was smart, it was still not sure if he would pass the exam for the selection of the court's officials. His eldest sao was even trying to discourage the furens who were planning to betroth their daughters to him.

Due to anger, he left the residence without saying anything.

Since he was currently in a bad mood, Baili Chen became impatient.

"What is it? Why are we still not moving?"

After his attendant returned, he bowed his head and spoke.

"Young Master, there was a child and a woman who was carrying goods. The woman was the only one pulling the goods in the cart. The child was lying on it, making the cart slower. This servant estimated that before they could even successfully pass this narrow road, it would at least waste three joss of sticks. Young Master, do you want to turn back and choose a different path---"

"Why would This Young Master choose a different path?! Why would I, Baili Chen, give way to the commoners?! They should be the one who should move away! Ha! Move! This Young Master will personally make them leave the road in an instant!"

Baili Chen was feeling irritated. He was angry due to his eldest sao mocking words. Since he could not refute her, his anger had bottled up. This incidence triggered all of his anger towards his eldest sao and erupted like a volcano. Since he could not hit her nor talk back at her, Baili Chen did not have any choice but find other ways to release the steam, and the one who was unfortunate enough to receive his anger was the woman who was pulling the cart at the front.

When Baili Chen saw the young woman who was being blocked by his own servants, stopping her from living, his eyes could not help but shine. Although she was wearing coarse clothes, her face was passable. Baili Chen wanted to play with a prostitute but when he thought of pressing the young woman under his crotch and let her drink his essence, he could not help but feel ecstatic. A tight virgin maiden was a hundred times more delicious than a prostitute who had been laid a thousand times.

"No! What are you doing?!"

The young maiden was screaming while Baili Chen was trying to pull her forward.

"Come with This Young Master! This Young Master promises that if you will give yourself to me, This Young Master will give you plenty of money. It will be enough to feed you and your younger sibling for years."

When the woman heard that Baili Chen was asking for her body, she could not help but shiver. She did not want to sell herself!

"Come with This Young Ma---"

"Stop! What are you doing?! Harassing someone on broad daylight! Disgusting! People like you should be castrated and feed your **** to the dogs!"

Baili Chen's were cut off by a female voice.

When he heard her words, anger suddenly surged from his heart. He really hated it when other people berate him. He turned his head and saw a beautiful young maiden wearing a turquoise-colored dress. Her hair was tied in a bun on both sides. One look and Baili Chen knew that the woman who suddenly interrupted him was a maidservant. His eyes darkened with dislike. A mere servant of a wealthy family was lecturing him, Duke Baili's youngest sibling?! The nerve!

"Shut up, you slut! Who are you? What's that got to do with you, a lowly maidservant?! Scram! Stay away from This Young Master!"

Baili Chen ignored the young woman and once again forcefully pulled the pitiful young maiden. Unfortunately, Baili Chen did not expect that the young woman would suddenly attack him, preventing him from pulling the young maiden.

Since Baili Chen was good at qinggong, it only took a few exchanges of blows before he and the three of his attendants successfully encircled the young woman. When he had the chance, Baili Chen forcefully grabbed the young woman's wrist and pulled her.

"Since you wanted to throw yourself to This Young Master, This Young Master would satisfy you!" Although Baili Chen was a bit startled when he found out that the woman in turquoise dress was good in qinggong, he thought that she was only a maidservant of a noble maiden, nothing more.

The young woman was indeed a maidservant of a noble maiden, but Baili Chen did not expect that the noble maiden whom the woman in turquoise dress was serving was the arrogant maternal granddaughter of Great General Chen and the shame of the Xuan family, XuanRong.

"Kyaa! Let go of me, you beast!!!"

After Baili Chen successfully got a hold of the young woman, he signaled his attendants to also bring the young lady he took a fancy few minutes ago. He wouldn't mind having a threesome.

After a few minutes of struggling, a very loud voice suddenly echoed in the entire place.

"You ruffian! You sex whore! Release YuShen Jiejie right now!"

When Baili Chen saw another woman running toward them, he could not help but feel ecstatic. Why were women trying to throw themselves on him?

When YuShang arrived, she immediately pulled the family token of the Chen residence. She was preparing to show it and scare those bastards when she was captured by three people. Although she knew qinggong, she could only defend herself for an incense stick of time[4] before being oppressed by those men. YuShang knew that the young man and his servants were not mediocre.

YuShang was fuming mad when she subconsciously turned her head and saw their carriage running in a very fast pace. Like watching everything in slow motion, YuShang saw their carriage collided with Baili Chen's carriage, producing a very loud sound.

YuShang heard Baili Chen screamed, "FUCK!!! WHO DARED TO DESTROY THIS YOUNG MASTER'S CARRIAGE?!!!"

---------

[1]. The wife of an older brother.

[2]. Once they reach the right age, males of the family will leave the residence to make their own name. The title will be given to the eldest while the rest of the sons would have to leave the residence and build their own, creating the branches of the family.

[3]. It means a rich and hedonistic son.

[4]. Approximately five minutes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

70.

"FUCK!!! WHO DARED TO DESTROY THIS YOUNG MASTER'S CARRIAGE?!!!"

When Baili Chen saw his carriage being destroyed like a puny little toy in front of him, his face turned red due to anger. He was shivering not because he was feeling cold but because he was trying to calm himself. The shock he experienced was too great and he could not cope up immediately. He felt like everything was a dream. Looking at the Baili residence's carriage being broken into pieces, his face turned ashen. His eldest sao would definitely once again mock him for destroying a very valuable carriage. She would use this opportunity to berate him and pull him down.

Baili Chen was still trying to process everything when he heard a very melodious voice coming from the inside of the carriage.

"Oh? And who is this idiot daring to block This Lady's way?"

When Baili Chen heard her arrogant words, he almost fainted. He felt like he could not breathe. Baili Chen suddenly tasted a sweet taste of copper on his mouth. Forcing down the blood wanting to escape from his lips, Baili Chen gritted his teeth and screamed, "Fuck! Who do you think you are, huh? How dare you utter such words! do you know who This Young Master is? Open your ears and listen carefully! I, This Young Master, is the youngest brother of Duke Baili. How dare you call me an idiot! Do you want to get killed?! HAHAHA! Beg and I will forgive you! If you stubbornly refuse, then, I will make you lose your life and at the same time, I will order for a nine familial extermination[1]!"

Baili Chen knew that it was impossible to request for a nine familiar extermination since the woman inside the carriage was not guilty of treason. He only used those words to scare the woman inside the carriage. Baili Chen was quite confident that the woman inside the carriage was a sheltered woman of their Fu[2]. He knew that those women raised inside their boudoirs were clueless of how the law works. The noble ladies in the capital were all stupid. That was what Baili Chen thought. He knew that those noble women were ignorant and would seldom talk about intelligent things, mostly, those women would only talk with nonsensical things for a couple of shichen[3]. For Baili Chen, women were idiots and were only tools to continue the linage of the family.

But, to Baili Chen's surprise, the woman inside the carriage laughed. Her laughter contained amusement and a hint of mocking. When Baili Chen heard her laughter, like she was ridiculing him, be could not help but blush a little due to shame. He felt like she knew that he was only bluffing.

"Oh? May This Young Lady ask why would I be killed? Why would my family undergo nine familiar extermination? Did This Young Lady betray the county? Did This Young Lady commit any form treason? HAHAHAHA! Many People would tell that the youngest sibling of Duke Baili was very intelligent. It was known that he was a very talented man and that he would definitely get the first rank of the upcoming examination for court officials. But This Young Lady felt like those rumors were untrue. As This Young Lady sees it, the youngest sibling of Duke Baili was not intelligent but rather, he was a pretentious man who neither had the ability to be the top scholar in the upcoming exam nor had a wonderful talent like what other people say."

Baili Chen felt like he was punched in the gut. He had never been humiliated in his entire life like this. Even his eldest sao could only mock him for being a free loader and a scene stealer, but she had never uttered such words like what the woman inside the carriage said. Baili Chen could not help but took a step back. Her words were a massive blow for him.

When his three attendants saw that he almost fell on the ground, the three of them immediately assisted him, leaving the poor young maiden, YuShen and YuShang alone and unguarded.

"Young Master----"

One of his attendants tried to support him by holding his arm to stabilize his footing but Baili Chen pushed the attendant away and screamed, "STAY AWAY, YOU STUPID SERVANT!!" Baili Chen repeatedly slapped the attendant with the back of his hand.

Baili Chen was roaring like an angry lion. After throwing a couple of slaps, Baili Chen turned to the war carriage and shouted.

"Shut up you bitch! Who are you? What rights do you have to talk for This Young Master?! Do you think that you are great just because you were able to destroy my carriage?! HA! Naïve! I will only bow down to my ancestor and no one else! "

The woman did not respond. Few second later, the woman called someone, making him suddenly feel wary.

"YuShang.."

When YuShang heard XuanRong's call, YuShang who was helping YuShen stand up immediately spoke.

"This servant is here, Young Miss."

"Mmm. Show the token and tell that perverted idiot who was standing like a fool to kneel in front of This Young Lady."

Baili Chen's anger increased when he heard XuanRong's arrogant words.

"HA! Why would I value---"

Eager for some verbal face slaps, YuShang did not let Baili Chen finish his words. Pulling the token from her sleeves, YuShang almost wanted to slap the token on Baili Chen's face in order to forcefully open his eyes.

Raising her hand, YuShang showed the token given by Great General Chen and introduced XuanRong.

"She is the only maternal granddaughter of Great General Chen and the eldest Di daughter of the Xuan family, Lady XuanRong."

When Baili Chen heard XuanRong's name, he felt like his luck was cursed.

How could he offend this arrogant lady of the Xuan Family?

XuanRong's previous misdeeds were very well known in the capital. Her arrogance almost reached the heaven.

"Baili Chen, now tell me, should I, This Grand Aunt, vow in front of you?"

"I----"

Baili Chen went speechless.

He could not utter a single word.

"Hump! What a coward. You are not only an idiot but also lacks character. You should quit studying and should stop aiming for the highest score in the upcoming exam. The rumors did not justify who you are. This Lady felt like I was being cheated after finding out that you lack brain. What nine familial extermination? Ha. Foolish."

Baili Chen could only grit his teeth. He wanted to rip her to shreds, but he could not do that. He could only endure the humiliation.

"YuShen, YuShang, come. Let's leave."

The two maidservants looked at each other and nodded. YuShen ordered one of the guards to send the woman and the child away and make sure they return home safely.

Inside the carriage, XuanRong, who was mocking Baili Chen was taking a deep breath. In order to stop herself from shaking, she could only clench her hands, trying to calm herself.

'You are not alone. Do not be afraid.'

XuanRong repeatedly told herself.

-------

[1]. The punishment involved the execution of all relatives of an individual, which were categorized into nine groups

[2]. Residence.

[3]. Two hours

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

71

When the carriage started moving away, Baili Chen, who was standing at the side of the narrow road could only grit his teeth. He glared at the carriage, wishing that he could burn it into ashes and kill the owner of it. He looked at the young woman who was sitting at her small cart. He wanted to slap her in the face, but he could not do it since there were guards guarding her safety. Baili Chen could only spat on the ground as he endlessly cursed XuanRong, her maids and that young woman who seduced him.

Listening to the mocking words of that arrogant young lady of the XaingFu[1] made Baili Chen humiliated. He was a fine scholar who was aiming to become a court's official after the palace exam. He knew he could not inherit the Dukedom of the Baili family that was why he tried his best to excel in the field of literature and make his own name. Baili Chen would never think that a puny female who knew nothing would insult his intellect just because he used the law to bluff and scare her.

"Young Master..."

The attendants standing behind Baili Chen felt the stifling air around their master. Today, the attendants knew that their master had suffered a great defeat under the hands of a young lady. A young lady who was sheltered since young. If words spread out, their young master's reputation would be damaged greatly.

"That bitch is back. Why didn't I know that she returned to the capital?"

Baili Chen angrily whispered. He glared at his three attendants who were lowering their heads, unable to answer him. When XuanRong arrived in the capital two days ago, she did not send any notification beforehand and returned to the capital without informing XuanLi. What happened in the 'welcoming' banquet had not yet spread around the capital because XuanLi was trying to his best to stop the news from circulating. He did not want XuanRong to steal the brilliance of his favorite daughter, XuanFei. That was why Baili Chen, who was not present on the banquet, did not know that XuanRong had arrived.

"Y-Young Master, Furen would definitely get angry once she finds out that one of the carriages was destroyed. What should we do?" The attendant fearfully tried to remind Baili Chen.

"Shut up!! I know! You don't have to remind me!"

The three attendants fearfully retreated. The one who spoke could only lower his head.

"Tsk! Useless! Get the horses!"

Baili Chen was now fuming mad. He got angry because the attendant's words were correct. Although he hated being reminded of her eldest sao[2], he knew that he could not escape her poisonous tongue later. Once she finds out that one of the carriages got destroyed, she would definitely not be going to spare him. Even if his brother pampers him, his eldest sao was a tough opponent. She would make sure that he would get punished even if Duke Baili would be against it.

One of the horses was severely hurt. One of its legs got hit by a broken piece of wood from the carriage and was now bleeding. The poor horse could not stand and could only lay on the ground. The other one was still in a good condition. Baili Chen pulled the rein and jumped above the horse. After he successfully sat on top of it, Baili Chen adjusted himself and drove the horse away, leaving his three attendants confused and startled.

"Young Master!"

"Clean everything and return to the Fu[3]! I will not go back with you and will stay outside the residence for a couple of days."

Without any second thoughts, Baili Chen maneuvered the horse and left the road. He clamped his thighs around the horse's body and struck its butt with a whip, urging the poor animal to run fast. He did not want to return home and get mocked by his eldest sao. He would stay in the brothel for a couple of days, hoping to lessen the fume.

"Jaa!"

Looking at their young master's back, three attendants could only shake their heads and sigh in depression. For sure, after they return to the Fu, they would be severely punished for their young master's mistake.

Baili Chen's knuckles turned white as he forcefully gripped the horse's rein. He could not swallow the humiliation he experienced a while ago. He was deeply angered by the fact that although he was humiliated by a certain degree, he could not do anything about it and could only swallow his grievance. XuanRong's status was very special. Her mother was the only daughter of Great General Chen who was widely known as the Blood General. Great General Chen was ruthless against the country's enemies but a loving father towards his children. When his beloved daughter died, all his affections was directed to his daughter's child, XuanRong. Due to Great General Chen's help, XuanLi became the Prime Minister and the rank of the Xuan family rose, making it a First Rank family among the noble families.

In short, XuanRong was known by her arrogance mainly because of being pampered by both sides. Those who dared to offend her when she was young had been black listed by both families, especially the Chen family who loved her unconditionally. The token her maidservant showed was the best example of their unconditional love. He could not afford to offend such an existence even if he would be given a hundred guts. That was why he could only swallow everything without saying any word. But that didn't mean that he would forget everything and would suffer in silence. He, Baili Chen, was not a pushover. He survived his eldest sao's oppression and grew up majestically.

How could he allow other people humiliate him like this?

But now is the time to take revenge. Ten years is not too long for a gentleman's revenge[4].

'XuanRong... I will remember this!'

--------

Inside the carriage, XuanRong was sitting silently while YuShen and YuShang was laughing very hard. They still could not forget the horrible face of that perverted young man called Baili Chen when he saw his carriage being wreaked just like that. Both YuShen and YuShang felt like their XiaoJie was very awesome. Although YuShang was quite puzzled of XuanRong's first reaction when she saw that perverted man, she did not press the issue and decided to turn a blind eye on it. If their XiaoJie did not want her to know the reason, she, as her maidservants, should respect her wishes. Still, she was quite happy to learn that her XiaoJie had retuned to normal and once again showed how arrogant she was.

"XiaoJie!! What you did was very fantastic!"

"Indeed! I almost peed myself from laughing when I recalled that pervert's face! HAHAHAH!! Oh goodness!"

When XuanRong heard YuShen and YuShang's words, she could not help but smile subconsciously. Although her trauma could not disappear in an instant, she knew that she was starting to break free from it little by little.

The carriage traveled for a couple of incense stick of time[5] before the coachman announced that they had arrived at Chen family's residence.

"XiaoJie.. we have arrived."

--------

[1]. Prime Minister's residence

[2]. The wife of your brother

[3]. Residence

[4]. jūn zi bào chóu , shí nián bù wǎn.

[5]. Approximately fifteen minutes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

72

"XiaoJie.. we have arrived."

"En."

XuanRong opened her eyes when she heard the coachman's words. She could not help but reach her left hand and raise the curtain to see the residence. XuanRong saw an enormous gate at the center with two guards standing on both sides. Looking at the familiar place, she could not help but feel a sudden warmth enveloping her entire body.

'Maternal grandfather, Rong'er is back!'

XuanRong pulled back her hand and released the curtain. She looked at YuShang who was still holing the Chen family's token and ordered, "go out and present the token. Tell the guards that I am here to visit my maternal family after returning from Lu Shan."

"Yes, XiaoJie, this servant understands."

When YuShang heard XuanRong's words, she nodded and left the carriage. Since she grew up inside the Chen's residence, YuShang knew those guards guarding the gate. She slowly walked towards the two and smiled. The guards immediately recognized her since she was one of the selected few who were trained to protect the only granddaughter of their old Master. Without the effort of presenting the token, XuanRong had been granted access to enter. The guards even enthusiastically welcomed her like they were welcoming a great ancestor.

"....."

XuanRong did not know whether to laugh or to cry. She did not know if the security of the Fu[1] is somewhat lacking or not.

Shouldn't they confirm her identity first?

What if she was not the real one and was spy sent by the enemies?

'Hah... Never mind.'

She did not know that because of YuShang's appearance, her identity had automatically been identified by them, coupled with the presence of An Wei who reappeared at the side of the carriage.

"This old servant greets Xuan XiaoJie."

When XuanRong went out of the carriage and entered the Chen residence, she was greeted by the old housekeeper.

"En. How have you been, Housekeeper Sa?"

"This old servant's old bones are still functioning properly, Xuan XiaoJie."

Hearing Housekeeper Sa's words, XuanRong mouth curved upward. She was glad to see Housekeeper Sa once again.

"Seems like Housekeeper Sa is still as energetic as ever. I bet you are still able to receive a new young concubine. Would you like me to find one for you?"

XuanRong teased while smiling widely.

When Housekeeper Sa heard her, he anxiously shook his head, wiping his sweat.

"Please spare this old servant. Xuan XiaoJie should know what will happen to this old servant once my wife hears your words."

YuShen and YuShang laughed then they heard Housekeeper Sa's words. It was not a secret in the entire Chen Fu that Housekeeper Sa was a henpecked husband. XuanRong also could not help but laugh when she heard the old man's words.

"Ai. No need to fret. I am only joking."

XuanRong once again laughed happily. She was really glad that she came back to life and meet again those people who were dear to her. Although in her previous lifetime she was arrogant, she was very caring towards those people who also cared for her. It could be said that she was a naïve girl who always followed her heart. If she liked someone, she would unconditionally trust them but if she did not like the person, she would not force herself to like that person, making her look arrogant and haughty.

"Is grandfather here? I wanted to visit him and the rest of the family. It has been a while since I saw my maternal uncles[2] and my maternal cousins[3]."

Housekeeper wang shook his head.

"Old Master is still in the palace for the court session. Eldest Master and Third Master are currently at the border. While Second Master is with the Old Master. Fourth Master is currently with the Young Masters hunting in the nearest forest. The family knew that Xuan XiaoJie will be visiting the Fu and the Young Masters were trying to hunt animals for the feast later."

"Oh."

XuanRong indeed told the Chen family that she would visit the Fu later, but she decided to come early to discuss something important with her maternal grandfather. She had forgotten that he still had to attend the court's morning sessions.

"Then, where are my maternal aunts in law[4]? Since all the males in the family are away, I would like to visit first my maternal aunts in law."

"Eldest Chen Furen[5] is currently with Second Chen Furen's courtyard. They are currently drinking tea together after visiting Fourth Chen Furen. Fourth Chen Furen is currently with a child so the Furens from the two branches were always visiting her."

XuanRong nodded. Her eyes darkened when she heard that her fourth maternal aunt in law was currently pregnant.

When she returned to the capital in her previous life, her Fourth JiuMu was also pregnant. Unfortunately, she died after giving birth prematurely to her maternal younger cousin[6]. Her BiaoDi also did not make it and died few minutes later. The entire Chen Fu was heartbroken and her Fouth JiuJiu almost lost his soul when he found out that her Fouth JiuMu and BiaoDi died.

Thinking of the past, XuanRong sighed in regret. She could still not forget when she saw her Fourth JiuJiu cried in front of his wife and son's corpse. After that, he became a human without a soul. Like a mechanical being, her Fourth JiuJiu returned to the battlefield. There, he wasted his life, entering war without any rest until he became exhausted and was killed in the end. After receiving the report, her maternal grandfather puked blood and went into coma for five days. After that incident, everything changed and was not the same again.

After thinking carefully, XuanRong made a decision. She had to save her Fourth JiuMu and BioDi in order to save her Fourth JiuJiu from becoming a waste.

"Then, I would like to trouble Housekeeper Sa and send me to Fouth JiuMu's courtyard first before I go and pay respect to Eldest JiuMu and Second JiuMu. I am quite worried to Fourth JiuMu's health."

When Housekeeper Sa heard XuanRong's words, he could not help but smile. He was deeply touched by XuanRong's care.

'Indeed, old master's love for her was not wasted. Although she is called Xuan XiaoJie by many people, her heart still carries the Chen family.'

--------

Xu Ji Mo angrily massaged his head. He glared at his subjects who were bickering each other.

"Your Majesty, if we really implement the new tax law, many people would be affected! The commoners will not be happy. The drought is coming and for sure, some families would not be able to survive. What would those people do if we would increase the tax this time?"

"Harump! Nonsense! Your Majesty, do not listen to those people who only think of themselves! The commoners should provide help to the country! They are our citizens. They are living happily because the country is trying their best to shield them from any harm. It is their responsibility to share the burden of the country! Please, Your Majesty, think carefully!"

Xu Ji Mo slapped the table and stood up.

"Enough!!"

"What's the use of arguing?! Zhen[7] wanted you to think of better ideas and not bicker like children! Ha.."

Xu Ji Mo sat and once again massaged his head. His eyes wondered around the officials standing below him and saw Chen Zi Tao.

"My dear General, what can you say about it? Should Zhen increase the tax of the commoners or not?"

The entire courtroom went silent. Those officials who were bickering a moment ago was not looking intensely at Chen Zi Tao, waiting for his answer.

---------

[1]. residence

[2]. (JiuJiu)- Brother of your mother

[3]. (BiaoGe)- son of your maternal uncle older than you

[4]. (JiuMu)- The wife of your mother's brother.

[5]. Wife of the First Branch of Chen Family

[6]. (BiaoDi)- son of your maternal uncle younger than you

[7]. (I)- the way Emperor address themselves

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

9.5K 174 31
"Push her! You can't let her get back up!" "That's right! You have to straighten out that heinous b*tch!" A goddess of war whose fearsome reputation...
8.2K 96 46
THIS IS NOT MY STORY..... WHEN I WAS READING IT .....I SEARCH FOR EVERY CHAPTER IN DIFFRENT WEBSITE... SO I THOUGHT TO UPDATE HERE....... WHOEVER WAN...
18.1K 321 48
𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐋𝐘!! As the leader of bandits, Yan Jinyi has been a bully for twenty years, and she ende...