Cameryn May - A Fresh Start

بواسطة matildas_awfc19

Cameryn May is a 19-year-old Bristol City player who has finally received her first call-up for the senior En... المزيد

Intro & Characters
Chapter 1 - Goodbyes and Hellos
Chapter 2 - A Simple Task
Chapter 3 - The Roomie
Chapter 4 - The New Squad
Chapter 5 - First Training
Chapter 6 - Team Day Out
Chapter 7 - Flashback
Chapter 8 - Spain Trip
Chapter 9 - The Spain Game
Chapter 10 - The Germany Game
Chapter 11 - The Australia Game
Chapter 12 - Beach Day
Chapter 13 - The End of Camp
Chapter 14 - Arsenal Day One
Chapter 15 - Debut Game Part 1
Chapter 16 - Debut Game Part 2
Chapter 17 - 20th of November
Chapter 19 - My Girl
NOT AN UPDATE

Chapter 18 - The Arsenal Girls

1K 33 6
بواسطة matildas_awfc19

"Leah!" Cameryn yelled as she ran across the landing between their bedrooms storming into the blonde's bedroom. "I have nothing to wear," she said as she ripped open the doors to Leah's wardrobe rummaging around to find something.

"You could just ask to borrow something?" replied the blonde as she pulled the younger girl away from her wardrobe. "Let me pick something out for you," she said as she started rummaging around through layers of clothing. Leah grabbed a pair of beige, fitted cargo pants and a grey hoodie. 

"Do you need shoes too?"  asked Leah.

"Well if you're offering-"

"Out."

"Fine," sighed Cameryn as she turned with her newly claimed clothes prancing back to her bedroom. Leah had messaged the entire Arsenal team so the pair had to prepare to have many people in their house, snacks and alcohol had been laid out in the kitchen, and the rest of the house had been cleaned.

The first to arrive were Viv and Beth, with Katie and Caitlin. Everyone wished Cameryn a happy birthday, some bringing presents although they were told not to. Leah was still in the house rushing around trying to put out the finishing touches, but as she saw her friends begin to traipse in, her panic resolved. 

As the rest of the group trickled in, the living room grew more and more crowded. The party had begun to liven up as some of the 'party girls' arrived. Beth had begun drinking as soon as she walked through the door and some of the others had joined in as they arrived. 

The last person to arrive was Kyra, as she stepped into the room Cameryn immediately spotted her, but something felt off. Cam waved but Kyra only gave a shrugged smile. Without speaking Cam walked over taking Kyra by the hand and leading her upstairs.

"Can we talk?" asked Cameryn as they reached her bedroom door.

"Please," Kyra replied indicating it was necessary.

"I feel like something is off," Cameryn began, "I feel like we haven't been as 'involved' for lack of a better word since the beach".

Kyra nodded in agreement, "I get what you mean, could it have been a heat of the moment kind of thing?" she asked.

It was Cameryn's turn to nod, holding the heavy silence that hung in the air. She reached out her arms to hug Kyra which the older brunette happily accepted, "Happy birthday Cameryn, I just want you to be happy, and I don't think that's with me. However, there's a blonde downstairs who I think might be perfect for you".

"We're still friends, right?" asked Cameryn as she released herself from Kyra's grasp.

"Yes of course," replied Kyra smiling, "Now go enjoy your party".

The girls headed back down the stairs to hear loud music rushing through the house, Leah had noticed them disappear so was waiting at the base of the stairs. Kyra headed back in leaving Cameryn to explain the situation. 

"We decided it was just a moment, we're not each other's one," clarified Cam.

"Are you okay?" Leah asked as she stepped closer placing one hand on Cameryn's hip and using the other to move the stray hair out of the brunette's face.

"Yeah," replied Cam, "I had a feeling it would be the case." Cameryn leaned in to hug Leah throwing her arms over the blonde's shoulders which was happily accepted.

"Do you want to get back to the party?" asked Leah as she held Cameryn in tight.

"Yeah let's do it, I need a drink."

Leah led Cameryn into the kitchen grabbing them both a vodka coke before heading into to join the rest of the girls. Somehow the room had calmed down a bit and everyone had settled into more relaxing locations. There were girls outside sitting and chatting, some inside on the couch, and some had already left. 

The pair joined in a conversation with some of the girls who were sitting in the living room, Beth and Viv, Caitlin and Katie, and Kyra and Steph. Kyra quickly picked up her phone and began typing before nodding her head at Cam's phone.

Kyra

I told Steph, she was the only one that new

Cameryn gave her a smile and nod before joining back in the conversation. Leah patted the spot closer to her encouraging Cam to slide across the sofa and snuggle in. Kyra gave her a cute smile and darted her eyes back and forth between the pair causing Cam to blush. 

"Cam, you want to show them what we did today?" asked Leah gently tapping her own hip.

"Sure," the brunette replied through a smile. They both stood up and Cameryn rolled up her pant leg while Leah lifted her shirt. The tattoos were in the same font and the same size to be as identical as possible.

The girls all awwed at the new tattoos making Cameryn blush while Leah just laughed. "They're perfect aren't they," spoke Leah.

"Yeah they are," replied Kyra to which the other girls agreed.

"What's it for?" asked Beth.

Leah looked to Cameryn it a means of saying, 'It's up to you'.

"You guys know my dad's story, right?" confirmed Cameryn receiving many conformations from the group, "well, his saying to me was 'always and forever'. He said it so often and I shared it with Leah and it's kind of become our saying too."

Leah jumped back down on the couch with Cameryn resuming her usual position sitting in between the blonde's legs. She leaned back into Leah letting to blonde wrap her arms around her waist. Slowly teammates began to head out saying goodbye as they walked through the living room.

The usual serenity of the house finally returned although Katie and Caitlin had decided they would stay for a movie night. "Do you guys want to grab some blankets from upstairs?" asked Leah as she instructed the guests. "Cam and I can go make some more drinks, what are you guys having?" she continued.

They both replied with vodka cokes and Leah and Cam headed into the kitchen to make the drinks. Cameryn jumped up to sit on the edge of the kitchen bench while she let Leah mix the alcohol, Cam wasn't the best at it.

"You look tired," spoke Leah, "you can go to bed now if you want," she suggested but Cameryn just returned a shoulder shrug.

Leah walked over to the 20-year-old stepping to stand between her legs. "It's been a big day," explained Cam, taking Leah's hands and placing them on her hips.

"I know, that's why you can go to bed if you want," clarified Leah with a curious look on her face.

"Nah, I'd rather stay up with you and the others."

Leah moved in closer hugging the girl tight around her waist, resting her head on the brunette's chest. "I can hear your heartbeat," she said as she pulled her head away looking up at the girl in front of her. 

Cam's brown eyes glistened in the moonlight that was coming through the open window behind them, her brown hair was straightened and fell over her shoulders perfectly framing her face. Leah reached up to move a stray strand of hair like she had done countless times before, but this time her hand lingered.

Cameryn felt Leah's piercing blue eyes staring up at her, and she tried so hard to avoid eye contact but the hand that rested on her face drew her attention down. Leah was nearly as tall as Cameryn was sitting on the bench, so she only had to stand on her toes the slightest bit to reach eye level. Without thinking Cameryn interlocked her hands behind Leah's neck as her face was guided forward.

Her breath hitched as she saw how close Leah's face was getting, but instead of pulling away she simply shut her eyes letting the blonde guide her. She felt the soft contact of Leah's lips on her own, it was everything she'd imagined and more. It wasn't forceful, it wasn't making her question herself, it was just what she needed.

Before anything more could happen a subtle cough could be heard from the kitchen doorway, causing the two to quickly pull away. Katie and Caitlin were standing watching and smirking to themselves. "How are those drinks coming along?" asked Katie to break the silence. 

"Good," replied Leah pointing to the four empty glasses. "How long were you standing there?"

"Wow, you made it far with those drinks, and don't worry, not long," Katie said as she walked over to pour the drinks. Cameryn was still sitting on the kitchen bench with Leah standing in front of her eyeing her like she was a piece of artwork. 

Leah helped the younger girl down before dragging her into the living room and onto the couch. Cameryn climbed into her usual position while Leah held her close, it was perfect, she hadn't properly thought about how she felt about Leah, but it definitely wasn't just a friendship. Based on the events that had just happened in the kitchen, it seemed that Leah had the same opinion. Leah moved Cam's hair to the side revealing her neck where she planted a soft kiss.

"If you guys are going to do that you can get a room," spoke Caitlin while she lay cuddled into Katie's side.

"Same goes for you two," fired back Cam.

The couples, for lack of a better word, stopped arguing and finally selected their movie, it was peaceful once again and all was right in the world.

Instead of watching the movie, Cameryn rolled onto her side still in Leah's grip and rested her head on the blonde's chest. "I want this forever," Cam whispered, but Leah put the out-of-pocket comment down to the alcohol and kissed the top of her head.

"Goodnight my girl, see you in the morning."

WORDS: 1612

a/n: shorter chapter but wanted to get something out tonight, what do we think of Leah and Cam, I have a feeling many people predicted it and I realised this chapter had to come out soon because someone pointed it out during the last chapter

either way, let me know your opinions on the story and if you want to see any new stories, there's still a bit to go with this one, don't worry, but I'm open to suggestions

disclaimer: it was always planned to have Leah and Cam together but I just didn't know when or how but here we are

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

26.7K 418 35
Charlotte williamson. leah williamsons little sister can the 16year old become one of the best also started ages ago probably won't finish it
52.7K 1.4K 30
A young physiotherapist from Australia, Peyton Ackley, moves to England to achieve her dream of changing Women's Sports. Where will this new life tak...
198K 5K 45
Y/N Mewis, soccer prodigy and younger sister of Kristie and Sam Mewis. What happens when a scout comes to one of her high school games?
33.4K 624 29
Y/n and Leah Williamson get assigned the same room during the euros, will the Captain and her new roomie get along? Y/n is a 22 year old girl from a...