Dinosaur King: Retold

By DinoDaniel2019

One boy gets lost through time and wound up in a destined fate that connects him more than he relies. Togethe... More

Protagonist Bio
Chapter 1: The Mission Begins
Chapter 2: Spinosaruas Attack
Chapter 3: Trembling
Chapter 4: Jungle Rumble
Chapter 5: Battle on the Wall
Chapter 6: Caring Mother
Chapter 7: A Strange Game Show Host
Chapter 9: Everything needs sleep

Chapter 8: Stormy Season in Hawaii

53 1 0
By DinoDaniel2019

Currently clouds are brewing in the east. They were dark which meant that it would rain a lot. I was happy about that, I loved the rain.

But right now we were outside as Chomp, Ace, and Alpha were playing and eating as young animals do to hone in their skills later in life.

Sitting in my pocket were the other four cards. I'm sure they would like to walk about, eat, and maybe play. Utah probably would and Mai's baby for sure. Salta and Char would be another story though.

It was better to not have to explain any new 'dogs' as Max's mom believed so it was better to do this when it turned at night, and if the rain wasn't pouring, then being inside was a recipe for disaster.

All of a sudden Chomp stopped playing and eating. Alpha and Ace looked over at him. "Hey, Chomp, what's up?" Alpha asked.

Chomp didn't answer. "We can't help you if you don't tell us the problem." Ace said to him.

Chomp merely whined when he tried to even speak to them. Whatever is wrong with him must be affecting him being able to speak and this could transfer to when he has to battle, eat, or play.

"Max, Chomp doesn't look so good." I said to him, worried.

"Huh, he was just eating a second ago. Is he sick?" Max asked.

"I'm not sure, maybe. This is what animals tend to do when they don't feel well." I told him.

"Maybe Zoe's dad will know what to do." Rex mentioned.

"Would he know how to treat a baby dinosaur that he thinks would be a dog?" I asked.

"He knows Chomp's a dinosaur." Max informed me.

"Oh, that makes things much easier, let's head on over." I said and we walked to Zoe's house which wasn't far away.

"So Chomp isn't eating anymore, we don't know what's wrong." Max explained to Zoe when we arrived.

"So you don't like our dog food, hear that mom, Max doesn't like our dog food anymore." Zoe told her mom which Max instantly denied in a lengthy explanation.

I signaled to Alpha that they were crazy. "Yep." Alpha agreed with me.

Pretty soon Zoe's dad approached us. He was wearing his lab coat and everything and took us into the medical room. "Interesting." Zoe's dad said to us.

"What, is Chomp sick, will he be okay?" Max panicked.

"I'm not sure if he's sick, I could see if this helps." Zoe's dad said and pulled out a massive shot that caused me and Alpha to flinch away from. That thing is meant to be used on live animals.

Chomp freaked out and squirmed about in Max's arms. "I don't think Chomp needs that." Zoe said to her father, concerned for Chomp.

"Okay, fine, I'll just wait for the next time there's a sick dinosaur in my office." Zoe's dad said, disappointed that he couldn't use the railgun of a shot.

"Hey, remember to keep that dinosaur topic at a minimum." Rex said and gestured at the massive amounts of people outside waiting their turn.

"Oh don't worry, I respect my patients privacy and I also gave Max's father my word." Zoe's dad claimed.

"Well thanks for your help." I said and we left the room and headed back home. We were puzzled and tried to figure out what was wrong with Chomp.

"I can't sniff out anything." Alpha told me, sad that he didn't solve Chomp's problem.

"It's okay buddy, you tried." I told him.

I felt a dinosaur far away but not so far away. A strong dinosaur as well. We had to get to it quickly so the Alpha Gang didn't take it away.

Soon the others got the message on their Dino Holders. We rushed to the D-Lab. "Where's the dinosaur, Reece?" Max asked, quickly.

"In Hawaii. It's in its stormy season right now so be careful." Reece told us.

"We will." I said and got ready to teleport. They fed Chomp some vitamins which would hopefully help him. I was hoping they did their job as well.

We then teleported onto Hawaii which was very beautiful and covered with mountains and trees throughout while beaches were very close no matter where you looked from.

Many people were also walking about even as the storm clouds approached and the waves got rougher.

I had experienced such beauty back in prehistoric times but this was a refresher for me. "Wow, it's more beautiful than I thought it would be." I told the others.

"Couldn't agree more." Max laughed.

We explored the area for the dinosaur but we couldn't find anything. "It's really hot." Alpha panted.

"I know buddy, want me to call you back?" I asked him.

"Maybe, I'll be fine though, I think." Alpha told me.

"Just let me know, buddy." I reminded him. He nodded at that.

We were in a flatter area right now and we could see dust and rumbling. "Are those cows?" Zoe asked. Indeed they were cows and they were rushing forward fast.

"Yeah, lots of ranching takes place here. We better get out of their way." Rex mentioned.

"What are they running from?" Max asked.

"My fellow horned brethren, run forward, we must explore this world, wait, the great one." A dinosaur that was chasing him said to the cattle before he looked our way.

Chomp looked back at him and squeaked a roar out. "You are injured, I shall help you, great one." The dinosaur said and trotted over. Clearly he knew Chomp, lighting dinosaurs must have a religious stereotype somehow.

Makes sense since all the dinosaurs have some form of stereotypes. The dinosaur before us was a green styracosaurus with yellow stripes. Chomp jumped out from Max's arms and the styraco took a thorn out of Chomp's foot.

"Wait, that's what caused all the trouble?" I asked in utter shock.

"Yeah, it messed Chomp up real bad, crazy." Rex added on.

"At least he's much better now." Max smiled.

"That's true, how about we just hang out here for a while since these two want to play around?" Zoe suggested.

"I'm in." I smiled.

Max radioed in while we all changed, I just took my shirt off. Zoe relaxed on a chair under an umbrella with a drink in her hand while Rex and Max went surfing. I kept going underwater while Styrac, Chomp, Alpha, and Paris surfed on a massive wave from the storm, in fact rain was coming down and lighting was striking but we knew we were safe.

I soon brought out Salta, Char, Utah, and Mai to play and relax, in their small forms of course. Ace was staying away from the water while Salta waded in it.

Mai and her baby slept in some grass while Char chewed on a stick and Utah tried to eat some fish but he wasn't the best at getting them.

"Ahh, I wish I could stay like this more often." I said to myself.

"Too bad you can't though." Mai told me.

As I watched the shore I saw Zoe doing nothing but staying under that umbrella with her drink. Why was she so interested in the beach if she wasn't going to swim? I had a lot to learn about other humans.

My concentration was broken by two sets of resonating roars. I looked out and groaned. The Alpha Gang had arrived with Spiny and Terry.

"Hey, you guys want to get back at them?" I asked the other dinosaurs.

"Definitely." Salta stomped.

"Save me for Tank." Utah snarled.

"I'll take them down." Mai snorted.

"I'll see if this king improves." Char growled.

"I'll let you guys handle this then." Alpha laughed and sat down.

"Let's do this then." I smiled and got out of the water, got the cards and unleashed them. "Mai, Char, and Salta. Take them out!" I told them as they rose up.

"Oh, this is going to hurt." Spiny groaned.

"Yeah, for them." Terry snarled.

"No, for us." Spiny snapped back.

"With that attitude then for sure." Terry retorted.

"Enough talk!" Char roared out and sent a fireball at the boat the Alpha Gang was on. The two of them jumped off as the fire ball hit the water.

The Alpha Gang fell overboard and struggled to swim. "Salta, fight Terry. Char and Mai, go after Spiny." I commanded them.

"You got it." Salta said and ran toward Terry.

"Will do." Mai told me and gallopers over on two legs.

"Fine but I'm not taking orders from you all the time." Char growled.

"Chomp, go help them." Max said and unleashed Chomp onto the battlefield.

"You too, Ace." Rex told Ace and sent him out.

"Help them out, Paris." Zoe said, confidently.

"Alpha, you too, we can win this easily with your help." I smiled and sent Alpha onto the battlefield.

"I told you." Spiny snarled.

"Do you see where we are at, drag them into the sea and swim?" Terry snarled.

"Fine, I'll try and go for Styraco." Spiny groaned and moved toward Styraco who charged toward him.

"Now my brother, let us defeat them." Styraco roared out as he charged.

"Right behind you." Chomp roared with confidence and went toward Terry and Spiny.

"Alpha, howling blizzard." I called out as Alpha howled and the sea froze over in a few seconds. It was thin though.

"Come on!" Spiny roared out in anger and bit down onto Paris and threw her back. Char then put down on Spiny's sail causing him to roar out.

"Hah, time for a long awaited rematch." Char growled as he sank his teeth in.

"The fight was never finished." Spiny hissed back and then used Tail Smash which sent Char back along the dirt.

"Hey!" Mai roared and dived into Spiny who fell back toward the sea in pain.

"Get off." Spiny groans and kicks Mai off before shaking his head. He rose up and saw Salta change targets. "I'm not going down again by you, not this time!" Spiny roared and charged head on into Salta.

Salta slammed his neck into Spiny who retaliated In rage and bit onto Salt's neck and slammed him into the sand and stepped on him over and over.

"Salta, I'm calling you back." I told him and got him back a card. Spiny roared in victory.

Terry meanwhile was trying to handle Ace, Alpha, and the two lightning elements. "Spiny!" He called out as he bit onto Alpha and threw him back.

"Alpha?" I called out.

"I'm okay." He barked back at me and went back into battle.

Spiny ran through and into Styraco. "You will be ours." He roared.

"Over my dead body." Styraco roared back.

Spiny huffed and threw Styraco far into the sea and then dove in and finished him off.

"No!" Both Max and Chomp roared out.

"Come on!" Alpha dove into the sea to get Styraco back.

"No, Alpha." I whistled for him to return and instead turned him back into a card for his safety, I wasn't going to lose him.

I went ahead and called Mai back and then Char after he sent a fire ball into Spiny which turned him into a card finally. Char roared in victory as he was turned back into a card.

"Chomp, lighting strike." Max called out and Chomp gladly used his attack on Terry which sent him flying back into a card and forcing the Alpha Gang to swim away. I clenched my fist while Chomp roared in anger. Just then the storm hammered down onto us.

"If only I wasn't afraid of the water." Ace growled in disappointment.

"It's okay, we all failed." Paris comforted him.

"It's okay, Chomp we will get Styracosaurus back. One day." Max held his fist up. The dinosaurs turned back into cards while a lighting move card floated toward us.

"Hey, it's Styracosaruas's." Rex smiled.

"Yeah, we'll get him back using this card too." Max said as he lifted it up. Pretty soon we headed home, defeated.

I didn't even have an appetite but the others did so I grabbed some food and gave it to them which they were happy about.

"Night, everyone." I said and headed off to bed.

"Night Drako." Max told me.

"Yeah, night." Rex to me.

"Goodnight, Drako." Zoe told me.

As I drifted off to sleep tonight, no dreams of a dinosaur came to me. I did get a different dream though. One in which something unusual happened.

I woke up on an island, a tropical one. Currently Zoe, Rex, and Max were running away from Tank, Terry, and Spiny and they didn't have their dinosaurs, neither did I.

I ran not realizing this was a dream. The three dinosaurs behind us sent their elemental attacks and sent us down into the ground. I coughed and picked myself off and quickly ran to the side where thick areas of trees were at.

"Over here." I called out and Zoe, Rex, and Max followed me. Terry snarled and tried to get to us. Terry's mouth glowed and he shot a fire ball toward us.

Zoe hugged me tight while Rex and Max were behind me and before I knew it, I woke up, sweating. That was a really weird dream. 

(Hope you enjoyed this new chapter and remember to comment any dinosaurs you'd like to see. See you in the next one!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.7K 43 8
The Camp gang was left behind on Isla Nublar after it went down, now they have to survive on an island infested with wild dinosaurs. Can Geleel and h...
67.1K 1.6K 57
Seventeen-year-old Danielle had her world flipped upside down after a sudden tragedy in her family. Being forced to move in with her estranged grandm...
8.9K 126 27
This will take time to upload
3.7K 102 25
Sadness and insurance surrounded D-team after losing their friends. Two years passed and a new adventure begins. D-team must fight their own friends...