Icebound Hearts

Av pixwrites111

When two rival hearts tangle themselves in one another, when push comes to shove and sacrifices have to be ma... Mer

Intro + Character aesthetics
Playlist💫
Dedication
1 : A moment
2 : The senior card
3 : Delusional
4 : Blonde sensation
5 : She's a dream
6 : Chocolate milkshake
7 : The Encounter
8 : I Break
9 : The Cheerleader
10 : The cowgirl and The playboy bunny
11 : Maneater
12 : Stupid Gods
14 : The pink goo
15 : The ex boyfriend
16: Yeah, Okay
17 : The "date"
18 : Mario kart and an almost kiss
19 : Hectic Dinners
20 : The Unwelcome Feeling
21 : Yes
22 : Spicy Times
23 : Never
24 : The Rink
25 : Ray Of Sunshine
26 : Haunted
27 : Broken Birthday Boy
28 : My Secret
29 : My fucked up boyfriend
30: Ride or Die
31 : Double Dates
32 : L O V E
33 : Introductions and Confrontations
34 : Invitations
35 : The call
36 : My found family
37 : Walk away with my heart
38 : Lovesick
39 : Pain
40 : August
41 : Universes Apart
42 : Strength
Character board
43 : The letter
44 : Tears and Reunions
Epilogue
!NEW BOOK!

13 : Just us

4.3K 79 11
Av pixwrites111

"One single thread of gold, tied me to you"
➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷
Lizzie

"Oo also JJ hooked up with sienna, remember her? She was in our dormitory when you were a freshman" Gracie says catching me up on JJ's last night adventures as she fiddles with the toaster, I slap her hand away before she breaks anything, again.

"I gotta go take this table I'll be right back" I say to her leaving her by the counter as I search for my notepad walking towards the table with new customers.

Once I locate my notepad I look up and freeze, my body tenses and my eyes go wide as I stare at the Pembroke hockey team or more specifically their captain, it takes me a moment to long to realise that they are all staring back at me.

Some with amused expressions and some with confused looks, I quickly turn on my heel trying to ignore the heat forming on my cheeks as I fast walk back to the counter.

I turn around so my back faces the table and I am able to lean on the counter top. I haven't seen him in a week, a week without texting each other, a whole fucking week and he now he decides to pop into the diner that I work at with half his fucking hockey team.

"Oh is that the panthers hockey team?" Gracie says oh so casually, not like our friends would literally pick us up and drag us out of the diner if it meant we didn't interact with them.

"Oh my god, they're in my section" I groan rubbing my hands over my face in frustration,

"Just go, if something bad happens just cough like loudly and I'll come save you" she says biting into a apple.

I hate how little of a choice I have, either I go and end up totally embarrassed or flushed or I get a deep dent in my pay check for this week. God knows I need it.

I calm myself down before I walk back over to the booth acting like nothing happened, I clear my throat and pull out my notepad.

"What can I get you guys?" I say faking a smile. A few of them let their eyes roam my body while others give me a innocent smile, I recognise a few faces from when I went to watch some games.

My gaze falls upon a familiar light brunette who made quite the impression on me,
"Hey Lizzie" Wyatt says winking at me,

"Hi Wyatt" I say shyly waving at him, some of the guys let out quiet chuckles at our interaction.

"Lizzie-" the guy I have been trying to avoid gazes with finally speaks, I fight off the urge to look at him.

"What can I get you guys? Drinks?" I say cutting Luke off which shuts up his team.

Most of the guys order cheeseburgers and cokes while the other order pizzas, I ignore the way my body feels when I notice him staring at me.

I walk back over to the counter the minute I am done not giving a second for another conversation or interaction to arise.

"I need to give these orders to the kitchen, be right back" I say leaving Gracie by herself again with her phone, I don't even think she is listening to a word I am saying and from the smile on her face I can tell she is texting her boyfriend.

"Hey princess, you still single?" Marco our Senior college student chef says winking at me, I let out a light chuckle knowing that he is only joking.

On my first day here he asked if I was single and I told him to shove it up his ass. In my defence I was having a bad day, so eventually that just became our thing whenever we saw each other.

I pass him the order swatting his hand away when he tries to kiss it, someone clears their throat from behind us, I turn around slowly expecting it to be a customer.

Luke is standing there with his jaw flexed, his gaze shifts from me to Marco.

"Lizzie." He says,

"Thanks Marco" I say not even looking at him as I fast walk towards Luke, I grab his wrist and drag him to a hallway near the back.

I drop his hand and cross my arms over my chest,  when I am about to open my mouth to start yelling at him he beats me to it.

"That your boyfriend?" He says with a straight face,

"What! Oh my god you are insane!" I shout at him,

"So he is-"

"Don't even finish that sentence Luke." I say cutting him off and giving him a harsh death glare,

"Why did you have to bring your whole hockey team here?" I groan,

"Closest diner to the rink" he shrugs, the tension still building in his shoulders.

"Seriously! Such a dumb idea, literally why" I mumble under my breath,

"I missed you" he says catching me off guard, I shoot my head to look up at him trying to see if he is bluffing. Being 5'7 puts me in the category as "tall girl" but standing next to Luke who stands at 6'4 I feel as though I am not even 5 foot.

"Luke-" I start as I step away from him trying to get rid of the tension that stirs between us,

"We haven't talked in a week" he says which surprises me, I thought I was the only one keeping track.

"I'm aware"

"You said we were friends and then haven't texted me in a week" he says,

"I've been busy" I lie,

"Do you text Marco during the week?" He says leaning back against the wall. I stay silent knowing that if I do say something it will make it worse, I text Marco once to twice a week sometimes for work sometimes to answer questions.

Apparently my silence is enough for Luke to nod his head in understanding,

"All I'm asking is for you to text me back once in a while" he says, I let out a light sigh when I realise how much of a dick I am being.

I witnessed the guy have a panic attack and be vulnerable with me and the next week I ignore every text he sends me.

"I'm sorry"

"I guess I forgive you baby" he says breaking the awkward tension and throwing a arm around my shoulder, I shove him in his rib cage causing him to hoot in pain sarcastically.

My body tenses and I step away from Luke at the same time he does as we come in view point of other people, I walk over to the counter while Luke takes a longer route back to the booth.

"Hey Marco brought-" her words get caught in her throat as her gaze shifts to something behind me, I curiously turn around and my eyes go wide when I watch half of our schools hockey team walk through the doors of the diner.

I turn on my heel to look back at Gracie she looks at me with an equal amount of wide eyes so I am assuming that Logan didn't text her he was coming.

This is not going to end well.

My gaze follows them as they seat themselves in a booth unfortunately the booth is close to the table where the Pembroke hockey players are, I catch a few of their players noticing their arrival so I think on my feet.

I pick up the tray of drinks and fast walk on my way over to the Pembroke players booth, I successfully grab the attentions of the players as I present them with their drinks.

When the crisis has been diverted I let out a shaky breath before my gaze slides to Luke, he is grinning like a lunatic at me as I slide him his coke.

"Liz? I knew you had a shift today-" Archie's voice slowly gets quieter as he views the table I am currently serving.

I scrunch my nose as my face flushes with heat, I turn my head slowly and finally catch sight of Archie.

"Hey Archie" I say giving him a small wave, he just stands there and stares at the players behind me. I look over my shoulder and notice half the players are fortunately engrossed in their drinks or a conversation but unfortunately the other half are smirking at him.

"Lizard?"
"Lizzie?"
"Liz?"

More voices call from next to Archie, I turn my head back and am greeted with five of my hockey player friends with their jaws tensed.

"Hi" is all I can think of as I stare at Logan, JJ, Joey, Ed and Archie.

"What are these pricks doing here?" Joey growls being the first one to break the silence as he steps closer towards me resulting in the rest of them to do so.

When I remain quiet and the rest of the Pembroke players remain quiet as well Archie is the next one who speaks.

"Liz?" Archie says as he shifts closer to him offering "support" from the Pembroke players as I turn around to face the booth again, I can tell what's going on in his mind and the rest of their minds.

They think that they were harassing me, making me feel uncomfortable when all they were trying to do was eat their fucking cheeseburgers. Sure some of them were looking at me suggestively but it's not like guys from our team haven't either.

My gaze unconsciously shifts over to Luke, his face is in a straight line as he watches Archie catching my gaze. My heart beats a bit faster when he doesn't look away.

"What you doing on our turf panthers" Joey drawls stepping closer to the booth. Out of all the guys on the team Joey is the one to start the fights, and I'm pretty sure if their is a fight in the diner I'm gonna get fired.

"Doesn't say your name on the door" A blonde perks up from the side of the booth, I squint my eyes trying to remember his name, Luca? Landon? Something with a L.

"you should check the sign outside that says meadow-ridge then dick" Joey says rolling his eyes causing L name guy to stand up straightening his shoulders.

Archie stiffens a bit next to me moving in front of me, I look to my side and notice that the scene has drawn Gracie to come over, Logan is standing in front her with one arm protectively around her waist while JJ stands next to Joey backing him.

My eyes find Luke's again as more insults are thrown between them,

"You wanna talk more shit Davis" L named dude growls, Luke is staring at me with no expression on his face.

I look towards Logan trying to get him to stop this because he is their fucking captain but he just shakes his head, I turn towards Luke pleading with my eyes for him to stop this.

He looks at me for a moment longer before closing his eyes for a second and clearing his throat,

"Liam, Stop" He says his eyes never leaving mine, I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. When Liam doesn't look back at him he stands up making his tone more demanding.

"Now" he demands, I give him a small nod in my thanks, just for us, no one else noticing, just us.

"Go back to your booth, they'll be gone in a few" I say shooing them away with my hands, Logan is the first one to go following blindly after Gracie followed by JJ and then the rest of them.

"You sure you're alright?" Archie says lingering,

"positive" I say smiling, when Archie leaves I make my way back to the counter where my co worker Mandy is from her place ogling the Pembroke players.

"They're so fine" she purrs, I nod silently not knowing what to respond with as I pour myself ice water.

"Especially Luke Beckett, man would I let him pound me" now she has my attention, my water goes up the wrong hole and I start coughing, loudly.

I catch Luke's eyes as he raises one eyebrow at me, I can feel red appear on my cheeks.

"You know what, why don't you take their table." I suggest,

"Really?! Oh my god you're the best Lizzie! I seriously owe you one!" She says over her shoulder as she practically skips over to their table.

At least that's me done for the day.

➹♡➷➹♡➷➹♡➷

Also guys when I reply to your comments with emojis like this 😝😋 I'm being ironic

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

143K 4.8K 41
"𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈, 𝐂𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐲." [MATURE] After finally getting rid of her toxic boyfriend, Bethany Russo is ready to take control...
2.8M 85.1K 40
*Being Published in 2022* ❝You can't deny that you're attracted to me, Nyx. Instead of fighting it, let's see what happens,❞ he grumbled, hands roami...
5.1K 145 12
✎ | HOCKEY SPORT ROMANCE (Beaumont boys #1) " I don't know how to explain it, Xander. B-but when I am with you I just feel like the rest of the worl...
2.5M 78.2K 45
FREE STORY. PAID BONUS CHAPTERS. There's a thin line between love and hate. One thing Rosalie Jackson knows for sure is that what she feels towards s...