The Bumpy Road Of Marriage [S...

By Cadia27

"Sign the divorce papers, daddy," said the 5-year-old boy. Kim Taehyung had the divorce papers thrown in his... More

Chapter 1: That Handsome Man Looks Just Like You
Chapter 3: Flashback
Chapter 2: This Little Genius
Chapter 4: The Weight of the Good Years
Chapter 5: Wait For it, Taehyung.
Chapter 6: Hello Daddy
Chapter 7: He Was Indeed Retarded
Chapter 8: He Was Really A Witty Little Devil
Chapter 9: Time Stopped
Chapter 10: After Six Years, You Are Finally Starting Again
Chapter 11: The Most Powerful CEO Who Goes Berserk When He Sees His Wife
Chapter 12: For the Past Few Years, Because of You, Taehyung-
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15: The Old Meatball Cares About Him
Chapter 16: Taehyung's Protection Toward Her
Chapter 17: This Couple was Really Out to Destroy People
Chapter 18: Your Feelings for Taehyung is Written all Over Your Face
Chapter 19: The Feeling of First Love
Chapter 20: You Can't Hit Your Own Biological Child
Chapter 21: Courting Trouble for Himself
Chapter 22: Nothing to do with Me
Chapter 23: When Are You Divorcing My Mommy?
Chapter 24: Is His Influence on You Still So Great?
Chapter 25 You Should Not Drive After You Drink
26-30
31-40
41-50
51-60
61-70
71-80
81-90
91-100
101-110
111-120
121-125
126-130
131-140
141-150
151-160
161-170
171-180
181-190
191-200
201-210
211-220
221-230
231-240
241-250
251-260
261-270
271-280
281-290
290-300
301-310
311-320
321-330
331-340
341-350
351-360
361-370
371-380
381-390
391-400
401-410
411-420
421-430
441-450
451-460
461-470
471-480
481-490
491-500
501-510
511-520
521-530
531-540
541-550
551-560
561-570
571-575
576-580
581-585
586-590

431-440

80 9 4
By Cadia27

Chapter 431: I Could Feel the Old Meatball Setting Me Up

Taehyung looked at the little boy who had got down from his bed and wished that he could just kick him out from the room.

He looked at the mother and son who got into bed together and made up his mind silently. Didn't Wooshik like this boy a lot? He would make Wooshik take him with him when he was old enough to make sure that he didn't mess with him anymore.

"I could feel the old meatball setting me up," said Siwoon softly in Chaeyoung's arms.

"He is your father, why would he set you up?" Chaeyoung chuckled.

"I am sure that he is planning to kick me out of the house," said Siwoon with a serious face.

"He wouldn't dare," said Chaeyoung as she kissed Siwoon 's little head, "get some sleep, aren't you going up the mountain with Grandpa Yuan to get some herbs?"

"Okay," Siwoon yawned and said. He did promise Grandpa Yuan to go up the mountain with him for Soyi's herbs.

Taehyung squinted at the mother and son who were talking just loud enough for him to hear. That little boy was really quite smart.

Chaeyoung grabbed her phone from the table after Siwoon fell asleep and saw the message that Jisoo sent that was marked with "read".

"Did you look at my message, Taehyung?" asked Chaeyoung emotionlessly while replying Jisoo's message.

"I never stopped you from looking at mine," said Taehyung naturally without even leaving the table he was sitting at.

Chaeyoung looked towards the man and wondered how he had the cheek to say that. Men like him got messages once in a blue moon, and even those that they received were for text message advertising.

So who wanted to look at his messages?

Who cares about his messages!

[Chaeyoung: Just get him into bed already. What are you worrying about when you have already made up your mind?

Jisoo: Look at the news, sweetie. Who do I get into bed with now that PA Kim is gone?

Chaeyoung: What's wrong?

Jisoo: Xin Tuan Energy is on the news again, together with your man.

Chaeyoung: Why this time?

Jisoo: I heard it was because of the environmental impact assessment that Xin Tuan Energy didn't do. They only realized it when they found contaminated groundwater. Seokjin has gone to the Department of Environment to settle it.

Chaeyoung: ...]

"Xin Tuan Energy contaminates groundwater?" Chaeyoung looked at Taehyung.

"The minister who stepped down recently has a cousin who works at the Department of Environment," said Taehyung emotionlessly, "what do you think?"

"They were doing it illegally?" asked Chaeyoung in disbelief, "our government is getting so strict nowadays. Have they lost their minds?"

"I wouldn't say it's illegal," said Taehyung, his lips curled as he turned the mug on the table.

"What do you mean?" asked Chaeyoung, confused.

The mug spun on the table then quieted down with the water in it rippling.

"Get Jungkook on the line, there is something that I need to tell him," said Taehyung suddenly after the rippling stopped.

Chaeyoung was stunned at Taehyung's request. "My brother said that he had been quite busy at the bank, so..."

"I am sure he has time for a call," said Taehyung emotionlessly as he looked at Chaeyoung, "it is just a call, why are you so nervous?"

The way Taehyung said it made Chaeyoung even more nervous.

Because as of today, every piece of information that they found showed that it had something to do with Park Aera, mother of Jungkook.

Chapter 432: Maybe You Need to Come Back

Chaeyoung was not really willing to make the call because she was reluctant to involve Jungkook in this matter.

However, Taehyung had no intention of giving up at all. Even if she did not make the call, he would personally call him.

Chaeyoung closed her chatbox with Jisoo and searched for Jungkook's mobile number. Despite her reluctance, she had to make the call anyway.

The phone rang for a few moments before being picked up. It was obvious that Jungkook was already asleep somewhere overseas now.

"Why did you call me at this hour?" Jungkook's tender voice could be heard from the other side. There was no hint of annoyance for disturbing his rest but only unconditional affection for Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung turned to look at Taehyung but he did not say a word. She opened her mouth and said, "Some time ago, I went to Feng County and managed to find out about Auntie."

Once Chaeyoung finished speaking, laughter was heard from the other side of the line. "Didn't you tell me this before? Why are you mentioning it again?"

Chaeyoung continued staring at Taehyung. He was tapping his fingers on the table softly but he still remained silent.

"I think you never mentioned your father before." Chaeyoung tried to probe further.

This time, he went silent. There was such a long pause that Chaeyoung assumed she would never get an answer from him.

Taehyung stopped tapping his fingers on the table, and observed Chaeyoung with narrowed eyes.

"I've never seen him. I've never seen my own mother too. Why did you ask me about this all of a sudden?" Jungkook asked her with a chuckle. "Is it due to Taehyung's request?"

It was really awkward when you were exposed by other people. Even though Jungkook could not see Chaeyoung, she looked flustered.

Taehyung got up and snatched the phone. He immediately ended the call without saying a word.

"Hey..." Chaeyoung quickly stood up to take her phone back. Looking at the screen of the ended conversation in disbelief, she snapped, "Taehyung, when will you learn manners?"

Taehyung glanced briefly at Chaeyoung and said, "I was just trying to save you. You looked quite awkward."

Chaeyoung was left speechless.

She had no idea if he actually intended to rescue her at all.

"My aunt died due to difficult labour. It was impossible for him to meet her." Chaeyoung voiced out her view. "But who is his biological father?"

This was what Taehyung wanted to find out as well. Perhaps the past conflict could be solved after finding out who Jungkook's father was.

Jungkook's father was the person who started this misery from the beginning. He would find him no matter what.

The phone rang again. This time, it was Taehyung's handset.

It was a call by PA Kim. Taehyung answered it instantly.

"CEO, maybe you need to come back." PA Kim stated seriously. He sounded strict and there was a hint of urgency.

Taehyung frowned.

Chaeyoung was confused as well. How was it possible for Taehyung to return now?

"What happened?" Taehyung's voice was low as he demanded an explanation.

"Previously, Kim International's stocks were purchased in bulk by Kim Enterprise. Due to the recent crisis of new city energy resources, Kim Enterprise's stocks are affected. In fact, Chairman Park will announce a new successor in the next few days and we have received their invitation. Chairman Park has insisted on your presence at the banquet." PA Kim quickly summarized it in a short breath. He knew that Taehyung usually did not have patience for a detailed conversation.

Chaeyoung turned to look at Taehyung after she heard what PA Kim had said.

Chapter 433: Are You Trying to Be the Mediator?

Taehyung acknowledged it then ended the phone call with PA Kim.

Chaeyoung looked at Taehyung who sat down on the bedside. She recalled it was already two months since Taehyung left B City. Although PA Kim was there to manage Kim Enterprise, the public might question the absence of Taehyung in B City.

Moreover, Taehyung was severely injured not long ago. Certain media might exploit this issue by reporting a rumour about Taehyung's fatal injury. It would definitely affect Kim Enterprise in a damaging way.

"Maybe you should return to B City first. Mother and I will take care of Soyi here." Chaeyoung suggested to him. Although she did not wish to see him leaving, the company was indeed established by Taehyung with his own hands, she would not want it to be destroyed.

Taehyung's brows were drawn together in a deeper frown.

He was totally aware of Soyi's bad temper. This woman was short-tempered like him. Chaeyoung would get angry during normal days so she would not be able to handle Soyi alone if he left.

"Let's wait for Soyi to endure this for a few more days." Taehyung answered her back in deep voice. He added, "The banquet is scheduled for next Wednesday. In fact, it will be the tenth day for Soyi on that day. I will just go back on that day."

Chaeyoung wished to say something but she could not express it out when she saw Taehyung's face. She ended up putting her hand on his shoulder.

***

PA Kim walked out from Environmental Protection Agency. He was rubbing his forehead when he suddenly caught a glimpse of Jisoo who was waiting outside. His tension flew away and his mood became better at once. He went to the car and got into it.

Jisoo started the car engine after he fastened his seat belt. She joked, "I thought you were already imprisoned."

PA Kim gave a resigned smile upon hearing her words. This woman could not think something better.

Jisoo signaled him to check his phone.

PA Kim let out a sigh. "I saw it just now. It is undeniable that CEO has been away for too long. It is inevitable that some people might take advantage to manipulate it"

"If Taehyung does not appear in the public, the stock value of Kim Enterprise will tumbled to the worst drop in history within one week," Jisoo stated it out. She could not help but to express her disapproval, "Tsk, tsk. Now I finally I understand why rich people never let the public know if they fall sick, it really does affect the stock value."

"Of course it does. Leader is the soul of a company which also determines the flow of the company stock." PA Kim explained it while looking at Jisoo who was driving the car. He suddenly uttered, "Accompany me to dinner banquet next Wednesday."

Jisoo raised her brows slightly. "Ah, finally, there's a proof of my status as your girlfriend. However, I am still curious about something. Soyi is not out of danger yet. Knowing that it is impossible for Taehyung to return at this time, who is so ruthless to take advantage of this critical situation?"

This was what PA Kim wanted to find out too. However, he did not have a single clue and did not even sure whether CEO able to make his presence that day.

He could only conclude that the culprit was heartless trying to drive their CEO up the wall.

Unfortunately, there were too many people in B City who loathe Taehyung. It was a bit difficult to catch the culprit.

He was totally aware everyone was looking forward to next Wednesday. They wanted to find out if Taehyung managed to turn up on that day.

"By the way, how is your mother's mood recently?" PA Kim suddenly popped a question.

"Why?" Jisoo shot him a glare. It was hard to predict her mother's mood. As long as it did not concern about Seokjin's mother, everything was fine.

"I am thinking of inviting them for lunch after the new city energy resource's case is settled. Maybe we can resolve their conflict."

"Are you trying to be the mediator?" Jisoo rolled her eyes before she continued, "Both of them will put up a fight on the spot if we let them see each other. I am definitely not going. You can go if you want."

PA Kim went silent.

What she said was an undeniable truth as well.

Chapter 434: Did You Really Think I Would Eat You Up?

PA Kim did not ask where they were heading to and was startled when they reached the hotel. He looked down at his watch.

"Haven't you had your lunch yet?"

It was three o'clock in the evening. Having lunch at this hour?

Jisoo stopped the car and put her hand on the passenger seat headrest. She stared at the man next to her. "Can't we eat something else after lunch? You know, have a change of taste."

PA Kim felt his heart skip a beat. He was glued to the seat and his heart was beating fast. He somehow felt that something was off.

He looked at Jisoo who approached him slowly and gulped unconsciously.

Jisoo was getting nearer. PA Kim felt like a sheep waiting to be slaughtered.

Buzz...

Suddenly, PA Kim's phone was vibrating. He grabbed it like it was his life savior and held it out between both of them. He stuttered, "I... I need to answer my call first."

Jisoo muttered a noise and returned to her original position.

PA Kim quickly picked up the call and loosened his tie. He had nearly lost control and jumped on the woman just now.

"Hello. Is everyone there? Noted." PA Kim lowered his head to look at his watch and responded, "I will be there in thirty minutes."

Jisoo leaned back in her seat and stared at PA Kim who just ended the phone conversation. She smiled at him seductively.

PA Kim gave an awkward cough. He then averted his gaze and said quietly, "I need to return to the office. There is a press conference to address the rumour about the CEO being critically ill."

Jisoo suddenly moved close to him.

He was surprised and leaned away until his back hit the window behind him.

"What... What are you doing?" PA Kim stuttered and adjusted his glasses to hide his embarrassment.

"What a coward. Tsk, tsk." Jisoo adjusted her seat and started the car engine. "Did you really think that I would eat you up?"

PA Kim thought hopelessly, 'I am afraid that I am the one who will eat you up.'

Jisoo dropped him off at the ground floor of Kim Enterprise. PA Kim smoothed his clothes and got out of the vehicle.

She also got down from the car and stopped PA Kim who wanted to enter the building. She raised her hands to adjust his tie which he had loosened earlier.

They were so close they could feel their breaths mingling. Jisoo slightly tiptoed and PA Kim almost touched her forehead when he lowered his head.

Her delicate and fair hands smoothed his tie. She finished adjusting it and his heart was pounding by the time she stepped back.

It was a little disappointing!

PA Kim tried hard to suppress his feelings which he thought were a little abnormal at the moment. He promised her, "I am going in now. I will call you later."

Jisoo nodded and stared at PA Kim as he entered the building.

Almost all the media in B City were invited to the press conference. When PA Kim arrived, the secretary was already waiting for his arrival. The secretary immediately approached him and said, "Everything is ready. We are just waiting for you."

PA Kim nodded and took a big step towards the stage. Everyone quieted down once they saw him on the stage.

PA Kim sat down and started the conference. "Our time is precious and without further ado, I am here to clarify that Kim Enterprise's CEO, Mr Taehyung, is not critically ill as rumoured. He is currently resting for his recovery."

Jisoo was standing nearby looking at the man who spoke with confidence. He was undeniably a talented genius. Why was he acting like such a coward in front of her?

Chapter 435: Bo Juexi Heavy Industry

One of the reporters raised his hand.

"If CEO Kim is in recovery now, why has there been no news about him for a long time?"

"Why does he need to work while resting? I don't think the CEO needs money to that extent," PA Kim responded to the reporter's question calmly.

"In the past six years, CEO Kim never stopped working even when he was sick. These reports are still available in the past, aren't they?" Another reporter interrupted.

The smile never left PA Kim's face. Nobody could predict what he felt in his heart.

"Six years ago and now are different. I don't think I need to explain what the difference is to all of you." PA Kim maintained his usual broad smile.

"So it is true that Mrs. Kim has returned?" It caused a stir among the reporters again. It was a more sensational rumour compared to Taehyung being critically ill and it sparked their interest.

'I believe all of you will get the answer soon. In fact, regarding CEO Kim's health issue, Kim Enterprise has received an invitation to Mr. Park's banquet next week, so CEO Kim will attend it personally. If anyone is still spreading the rumour of CEO Kim's bad health, legal action will be taken against that person. I won't be able to rescue you when the time comes." PA Kim finished cryptically, got up from his seat and left the place.

The secretary quickly approached him once he returned backstage, "We found the source of the rumour. It was started by a Mr. Qiao from Bo Juexi Heavy Industry."

"Bo Juexi Heavy Industry?" PA Kim stopped walking and quickly took the newspaper from the secretary. He stared at the man in the news article.

"Yes, it is a petroleum processing company brought in by the investment bureau this time. This article reported that this chairman mentioned the possibility of CEO Kim being critically ill when he was talking to other people." The secretary pointed to another man who was in the same picture.

PA Kim squinted his eyes and stared at the man. He was around forty years old but PA Kim was sure that he had never seen him before.

PA Kim dismissed the secretary. He was looking for Jisoo while making a call to Taehyung.

At the moment, Taehyung was at the corridor outside staring at the man on the news.

"CEO, we found it—"

"Investigate a person called Qiao Yi for me." Taehyung ordered before PA Kim could finish.

PA Kim obeyed as he grumbled silently about his boss in his heart. 'Why did you ask me to investigate it in the first place?"

"Since you are in the spotlight now, what about the dinner banquet next week?"

"I am aware of it. It depends on the situation." Taehyung replied, still staring at the man.

The man was not In-Sung but he resembled the person who had rescued Chaeyoung earlier.

Taehyung was actually waiting for that person to provide him with more information about In-Sung, but he had targeted Kim Enterprise instead.

'The game has become more interesting now.' Taehyung sat on the rocking chair and leaned back slowly.

"Daddy, Daddy..."

Taehyung heard his little girl calling for him. He quickly closed his notebook and ended his call with PA Kim. He got up and entered the room.

When Taehyung entered the room, he saw Soyi jumping on the bed happily.

She immediately ran into Taehyung's embrace when he approached her. She whined, "Mommy is brewing the herbal medicine again. Daddy, I don't want to drink it." Soyi wrapped her arms around Taehyung's neck and continued to pout. Her little lips pursed and she looked so pitiful.

Taehyung carried her and kissed her forehead affectionately a few times, then said, "Taking the medicine helps you recover faster. Daddy will take the medicine with you."

Chapter 436: Are Men Always This Annoying?

"Daddy, we are so pitiful." Soyi pouted.

Siwoon threw both father and daughter a glare then jumped down from the bed to look for his mother. Those two people were ungrateful jerks.

***

B City, Kim Enterprise ground floor.

Jisoo's eyes fixed on the man who was standing in front of her. PA Kim was looking at her as well as he said, "I still need to handle several issues here and investigate Bo Juexi Heavy Industry. Why don't you go back first? I will come see you after everything is done."

At the car door, Jisoo leaned on the guy who seemed regretful and apologetic. She could not help but ask him, " Sometimes, I think I am fighting over a woman with Taehyung. Why do you treat him and me the same?"

PA Kim was speechless.

Woman?

Was that referring to him?

Yes, he admitted that he was a coward. He could not afford to annoy either of them, could he?

PA Kim held Jisoo's hand and assured her, " A lot of things are happening right now, but everything will be fine once CEO is back. Why don't you take your mom shopping at a nearby shopping mall? Swipe my card, all expenses are on me."

PA Kim had given his bank card to Jisoo since they had confirmed their relationship on the first day.

By having PA Kim's bank card with her, Jisoo realized just how much wealth this guy possessed. He was not a normal rich man.

He could purchase Jisoo's small house in full using one month of his salary, which she had spent six years to save for.

However, Jisoo would not spend a single penny using his card.

A man gave his bank card to a woman as proof of his trust in her.

So when a woman received a man's bank card, she would not simply spend his money unless it was a real emergency. That was proof of a woman's genuine feelings for him.

"Alright, you do whatever you need to do first. I am leaving now," said Jisoo dejectedly. She knew her plan would not work tonight. Currently in PA Kim's heart, Taehyung was more important than Jisoo!

She wondered why must she fight over her boyfriend with another man.

Now, she finally understood the reason why Taehyung did not like her in the first place.

Upon hearing Jisoo's words, PA Kim felt even more guilty. He pulled her into his embrace and apologized, "I am really sorry. Too many things are happening at the same time. Once I settle these matters, I promise to find the time to settle our mothers' issue."

This time, it was Jisoo who went silent.

She pushed the man away. Who asked him to settle the two mothers' issue now?

Shouldn't he spend his free time with her?

This man really irritated her. She felt like she was about to explode. The more Jisoo thought about it, the angrier she got. In a split second, she stepped on PA Kim's foot forcefully, then turned and left in her car.

PA Kim hissed in pain and stumbled a few steps. Jisoo's car was already out of sight. He thought, 'This woman's hot temper is still the same.'

What had he said wrong?

On the way home, Jisoo was talking to Chaeyoung using her earphones while checking the traffic.

"Don't you think he is asking for death? Are men always this annoying?" Jisoo complained to Chaeyoung, seething.

Chaeyoung chuckled while checking the herbs in the bottle. "PA Kim treats you well enough, you should be grateful. Try comparing him to Taehyung, the straight guy?"

"Fine, I don't want to compare them." Jisoo suddenly felt her man was much better after listening to Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes. 'In this cruel real world, no comparison means no damage. Reality is harsh.'

"By the way, have you investigated the rumour that came out on the news?" asked Chaeyoung suddenly.

"Did you not check the screenshot I sent you earlier? The rumour was spread by a company called Bo Juexi Heavy Industry. His name is Qiao Yi."

"Qiao Yi?" Chaeyoung raised her head in surprise. Her hand unconsciously tried to reach for a business card in her pocket.

Chapter 437: Why Does He Kiss You so Often Nowadays?

"Yes, Qiao Yi." Jisoo did not notice the slight change in Chaeyoung's tone as she was concentrating on the road.

Chaeyoung hurriedly took out the name card that she received from the man the other night.

Chairman of Bo Juexi Heavy Industry, Qiao Yi.

Chaeyoung shuddered in shock and knocked over the lid of the medicine bottle on the table. Her arm was scalded by the scorching hot lid, and the lid fell onto the floor and broke into pieces.

The loud noise alerted the people outside. Taehyung came running into the kitchen and pulled Chaeyoung away in reflex. "What do you think you're doing?"

Chaeyoung's arm was reddened by the scald. It was a mild burn but it stung.

Taehyung frowned at her scalded arm and pulled her towards the yard.

"Hey—"

The name card was lying on the floor.

"Do you not want your hand anymore?" Taehyung scolded in a concerned tone. He pulled her outside, turned the tap and let cool water run over the burn.

Chaeyoung was rather surprised to see Taehyung become a bundle of nerves. It wiped away the agitation in her heart.

Regardless of past events, she was glad to know that at least up to this point, she was everything in his heart.

"Mommy, what's going on?" Siwoon stood on tiptoe to look at his mother's hand, annoyed that he was too short to get a clear view.

"I'm alright, be a dear and go to the room to check on your sister, will you?" Chaeyoung was worried about her daughter, so she pushed her son gently to urge him to go to his sister.

While walking to the room, he glanced back at his mommy in concern every few steps. Seeing that the old meatball was very attentive towards his mommy, he decided to give his father a chance and trust him this one time.

Taehyung blew on the burn wound occasionally while putting the hand under running water.

"What were you thinking? Did you think about the placebo to add into the medication and you literally did it and burned yourself?" Taehyung chided grudgingly, not concealing his anxiety like he used to.

"I was thinking about adding poison to your medicine," Chaeyoung rebutted furiously. Why couldn't he say nice things even when he was so worried?

Taehyung turned the tap closed after a while and pecked the back of her drenched and cold hand. "Dummy, what would you do without me?"

When Chaeyoung attempted to argue, Taehyung held onto her neck, carried her off the floor and kissed her on the lips.

His lips were a bit cold when they had touched her wet hand earlier and the coldness transferred to her lips. It was very refreshing on a hot day in the summer.

This was Taehyung's most favorite activity recently. He loved to kiss her by surprise and look at her bewildered face close-up.

Siwoon 's expression darkened and he took his sister out of the room when he saw the two adults and their interaction by the basin. The old meatball had been kissing his mommy a lot lately.

Did he forget about his existence?

Siwoon let go of his sister's hand when she pulled away. She went to her father eagerly and huffed in rage.

Soyi embraced Taehyung's leg like greased lightning. "Daddy, I want kisses too."

Taehyung was surprised by her appearance.

Chaeyoung cleared her throat nervously and took a step back. It was not her hand that was red now but her face instead.

Taehyung bent over to carry his daughter who was requesting kisses and stared at his son. He pecked her cheek and said, "It is very hot here, let's go inside."

Siwoon made a funny face at Taehyung as he was walking into the house. He dashed into the kitchen and hugged Chaeyoung who was pouring the medication into a bowl. "Mommy, why does he kiss you so often nowadays?"

Chapter 438: You're Suspecting My Brother

Often?

Her son's remark had caught her unawares!

"Mommy, please don't lie, I've seen it many times," Siwoon said stubbornly.

Her face turned an even darker shade of red.

"One day, when you grow up and meet someone you like, you'll understand." There was no other explanation that she could give but this.

She put two bowls of medication on the tray and said, "Be a dear and pick up that name card on the floor and put it in my pocket."

Siwoon bent over swiftly to pick up the name card and shoved it into his mother's pocket. "Mommy, let me help you with the tray."

"It's ok, my dear, I can do it myself. Go to the front and see if Grandma and Granny Jang need any assistance, would you?" Chaeyoung took the tray and lowered her gaze to her son who was looking back at her enthusiastically.

Although a little disappointed, Siwoon nodded and went to look for his grandmother.

Chaeyoung entered their room with the tray in her hands. Both father and daughter bore the same terrified expression on their faces upon her appearance.

Chaeyoung put down the tray and placed the two bowls of medication on the table.

Witnessing the process, Soyi and Taehyung looked at each other pitifully. This moment was the most bitter one in their lives.

"Since none of you have ever succeeded in resisting, why don't you start picking your companion now? Do you want your rabbit or your pet rat?" asked Chaeyoung in a rather threatening tone while searching for her 'toys' at the corner of the room—the little pet farm that Taehyung set up for the animals he forbade to wander inside the room.

"The little hedgehog," pouted Soyi who had given up struggling.

Chaeyoung frowned at her request, looked around her little pet farm and eventually found it. Yuan Mo was truly a genius, where had he got the hedgehog for her?

Chaeyoung picked the cage up and put it beside her legs.

Taehyung had already drunk his big bowl of medicine in one shot. He took a deep breath with his hand on his waist and complained, "You and Jang must be partners in crime in making me take this, I'm totally fine now!"

"Like it or not, I think you are fully aware of your own condition," Chaeyoung smirked. She let Soyi sit on her lap and held the bowl up. "A few more days of this, my dear, I promise you. A few more days and we don't have to take such bitter medication anymore."

Soyi pouted her lips in dismay, her delicate face crumpling.

Taehyung lowered his gaze to the hedgehog on the floor, "Where did that kid get all of this from?"

"At least he can bring something over, what about you?" Chaeyoung grumbled. Taehyung passed her a tissue to wipe the spilled medicine on Soyi's face. "Since Soyi's condition has improved and stabilized, I think it's better for you to head back to B City now. You've been away for too long; first the Bai family issue, and now my aunt's issue. If you continue to be absent, God knows how many of them will be waiting in the dark to attack you."

Taehyung held his daughter's hands, heartbroken to see her in misery. "I can take a break for a moment, it's nothing urgent."

"Nothing urgent? Your company is falling apart!" Chaeyoung stared at Taehyung, astounded.

Taehyung ignored her and wiped his daughter's mouth. "Have you heard about Bo Juexi Heavy Industry?"

Chaeyoung shook her head and patted her daughter's back when she choked on the medicine. "I've never heard anything about them before."

Taehyung nodded. "What is it about them that they have to come out with some sort of enterprise or company to take me down? I'm flattered, really!"

Chaeyoung fought the urge to roll her eyes.

'You're a big shot, you can't be taken down with an ordinary scale attack,' Chaeyoung thought in a backhanded compliment.

"They can afford to tender big projects in B City. For a company this big, it is impossible to have been established in such a short time if they don't have a massive capital to begin with," Chaeyoung glanced at Taehyung and said in a rather suspicious tone.

"Maybe he has a bank in his pocket," Taehyung pondered. He passed the bottle of milk to his daughter who had finally finished her medicine and put her on the floor so she could play with the hedgehog.

Chaeyoung was concerned listening to Taehyung's comment. "You're suspecting my brother."

Chapter 439: A Droplet of Ink-Like Blood

Taehyung leaned on the table. He did not deny her statement.

"He is in charge of the Asia Pacific region of an international bank, he has the capability to do it." Taehyung placed one hand on the table, glancing at Chaeyoung who was trembling nervously.

She placed the bowl down clumsily. She felt like she was in an abnormal state of mind but did not know how to deal with it.

Taehyung pulled her into his embrace and she hugged him back tightly. "No, I hate this, I don't want anyone to approach me for a purpose."

Upon hearing this, Taehyung felt nothing but grief for her and did not know how to comfort her damaged heart. From the beginning, this was a play orchestrated by someone who intentionally put her at the center of the stage.

"I'm here with you. Just wait patiently for this play to end, then we can start anew again," Taehyung consoled her and kissed her head.

Chaeyoung took a deep breath to stop herself from crying.

Perhaps there had been so much emotional impact on her lately that she did not feel like this was the last straw.

After composing herself, she raised her head to look at him and said, "The one man who hurt me the most before has now become the only person who has not taken advantage of me."

Taehyung's expression darkened gloomily upon her remark and he chided, "We made a deal—no personal attacks. It's been ages ago, can you stop bringing it up again, please?"

Chaeyoung witnessed his agitated expression and it lifted her mood immensely. She held out her arms and hugged him tightly. "I do it on purpose to make you feel sorry for me and love me more."

However, it had only made him feel bad and heartbroken. He wanted to tell her that even if she did not mention it, he would love her wholeheartedly for the rest of their lives.

"So everyone is coming for you now." Chaeyoung took another deep breath but she could not exhale the residual air inside her.

Taehyung laughed at her statement and pinched her cheeks when he saw her pouting. "The only person I care about is you, what do any of them have to do with me?"

The air inside her lungs disappeared in the blink of an eye.

Despite his habit of slaying people with mean and harsh words, he would occasionally say something flirtatious that would make her feel ecstatic!

She was about to respond when she saw her daughter trying to open the hedgehog's cage door.

"Dear God, what do you think you're doing?" Chaeyoung shrieked in horror and bent over to carry Soyi.

The hedgehog rolled out when Taehyung kicked the cage away, and they heard Soyi shouting as if she was in pain. Her little finger was pricked by the hedgehog, forming a droplet of blood.

Chaeyoung lowered her gaze to check Soyi's hand but abruptly looked up in shock when Taehyung captured the hedgehog. "Taehyung, Taehyung—"

Taehyung returned the hedgehog to its cage and turned around toward Chaeyoung's direction when he heard her terrified shriek.

A droplet of ink-like blood welled up in the spot where Soyi's fair and plump finger was pricked.

Yes, a droplet of ink-like blood.

Taehyung and Chaeyoung looked at each other in tremendous panic. He picked Soyi up swiftly and rushed to the clinic to look for Master Jang. Chaeyoung followed hurriedly behind them.

Despite the fact that there was a patient in the clinic, Taehyung ignored them and quickly put Soyi on the treatment table.

"Master, why is Soyi's blood black?" Chaeyoung was panicking and spoke hastily.

Upon hearing this, Wonhae who was tidying up the prescription files hurried over to them along with Siwoon .

Master Jang was astounded and her expression shifted slightly when she checked the droplet of blood on Soyi's finger. She asked Taehyung to put her down and gripped her wrist.

Soyi blinked curiously at the adults' reaction and looked at her mother, unable to comprehend the current situation.

Chapter 440: Become the Target of Your Enemies' Attack

"How did it happen?" asked Master Jang.

"She was pricked by the hedgehog, and... and this happened," Chaeyoung gibbered anxiously, her heart in her mouth.

Taehyung held her hand tightly and said, "Yuan Mo captured the hedgehog from the hill and Chaeyoung had disinfected it earlier so it should be no problem."

"Both of you, take her to the hospital for a blood test immediately. Siwoon, bring me the hedgehog," commanded Master Jang, as sharp as a tack.

"Okay," Siwoon said and left quickly.

Chaeyoung and Taehyung brought Soyi to the nearest hospital for the blood test. Chaeyoung was a bundle of nerves as she held Soyi in her arms.

Fortunately, the hospital was less crowded than the hospital in the big city, hence the blood test was completed in an instant and they received the results not long after.

"Mommy," whimpered Soyi softly, leaning into her mother's embrace. Chaeyoung hugged her tightly.

Taehyung stepped on the gas, his hands gripping the steering wheel so tightly his veins were popping out visibly.

"It's ok, it's alright, Mommy is here." Chaeyoung had no idea if she was consoling Soyi or herself.

Master Jang was sending off the last patient of the day and was waiting for the reports in her clinic.

Chaeyoung and Taehyung brought Soyi back to the clinic. For Chaeyoung, every second Master Jang took to study the reports was torture.

Taehyung put his hand around Chaeyoung's shoulder and was equally agitated waiting for the final reports from Master Jang. On the contrary, Soyi was bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, sharing the candies she pestered her mommy to buy with her brother.

Wonhae stood beside Chaeyoung and held her hand. "It's going to be alright."

Soyi's blood test reports were an ocean of worrying red. Chaeyoung remembered the doctor's pale face clearly when he gave them the report.

How could she not worry?

Master Jang's face turned more ashen after reading the reports.

"Soyi, can you tell Granny if there is any discomfort?" Master Jang asked Soyi who was eating candies delightedly.

Soyi looked up at Master Jang and blinked her large eyes innocently. "I feel fine, can I stop taking the bitter medicine, please?"

Her answer confused Master Jang even more.

Her blood test results were disturbingly bad, but her pulse read was better than before and she even looked healthy and well. She had never seen anything like this before.

Chaeyoung stared at Master Jang anxiously, as though she was waiting for a death penalty verdict.

Finally, Master Jang placed the reports down and commented, "There's nothing to worry about. Soyi is fine, it's nothing serious."

Upon hearing this, the millstone around Chaeyoung's neck was finally removed, her back drenched in sweat. Taehyung was relieved as well.

"But her blood—" asked Chaeyoung cautiously with bated breath.

Master Jang patted Soyi's head and said, "Nothing critical for the time being."

For the time being?

Chaeyoung looked at Taehyung and they exchanged worried glances.

Taehyung patted her shoulder comfortingly and asked, "Jang, what do you think about the integration of western and traditional Chinese treatment? Do you think it will work better?"

If it was a better alternative, he would spend all the money in the world to bring in the best doctor for Soyi's treatment.

However, this matter made Taehyung's already critical illness worse.

Master Jang was at the end of her wits as well, so she agreed to Taehyung's suggestion.

Taehyung contacted Eunwoo quickly and instructed him to contact the doctor.

Eunwoo was currently at the airport in the States, waiting to board the plane to head back home. After he heard Taehyung's order, he interjected immediately, "If you do not return to B City right now, you will become the target of your enemies' attack."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 93 13
" I got sick of everything " -- Taehyung " From Me also " -- Jennie " I said everything not...
23.7K 1.1K 34
"Baby...I missed your lips soo much....give your hubby a kiss" "Didn't you get enough from the girl that was with you?" "What are you talking about...
709K 31.9K 54
[COMPLETED] What will happen to him when someone whom he dearly love will leave him forever.... will he be able to move on in his life or will he be...
487K 26.6K 85
"How many times do I have to say I'm not a kid, hyung. Stop treating me like a petty kid who always need care and protection". Taehyung shouted clenc...