the star | kim jonghyun

By jeonxah

ā š™©š™š™š š™¢š™¤š™¤š™£ š™žš™Ø š™—š™šš™–š™Ŗš™©š™žš™›š™Ŗš™” š™©š™¤š™£š™žš™œš™š™©, š™žš™Øš™£'š™© š™žš™©? āž ā˜¾ - in the memory of kim jonghyun... More

the star | kim jonghyun
āœ© | prologue
āœ© | moon
āœ© | replay
āœ© | y si fuera ella
āœ© | snowflakes
āœ© | juliette
āœ© | romeo

āœ© | minho's birthday

27 2 0
By jeonxah

✩ | CHAPTER ONE

" I told the stars about you. "

☄. *. ⋆ 9TH OF DECEMBER 2007. ☄. *. ⋆

It's Minho's birthday.

Mom was being busy in the kitchen preparing a feast for our cousins that will arrive later for dinner.

Today also, Minho's friends will come to our house for the first time.

I seriously thought about staying in my room for the rest of the day so I wouldn't bother myself to face anyone.

But it would be unfair for my brother, right?

He spent my birthday with me for the whole day. I should do the same.

And so I got him a present.

I mean mom did, but told me to be the one to hand it over to Minho.

It was a football jersey.

Minho loved football, but once he wanted to become a professional, they told him he was untalented.

And of course, he gave up.

But at least he's about to become an idol, right?

I picked up a small red present box in my room and opened it to check on the jersey inside.

It was bright red, just like it's box, with the number 13 on the back and a name I'm seeing for the first time.

I guess that must be someone famous Minho loves.

I closed the lid of the box and left it on my bed, deciding to hand it to him after the cake.

I happily skipped some of the stairs on my way to the kitchen, passing the living room that was empty.

" Mom where is MinMin? "

" He went outside to wait for his friends. " - she said, handing me a set of plates.
" Go put these in the living room. "

I nodded and rushed over to the living room, leaving the porcelain white plates on the table as the front door opened and I heard voices.

Bunch of voices.

Could it be Minho with his friends?

A strange feeling of shyness crawled up my back as I quickly rushed back to the kitchen before they entered the living room.

" Mom! Mom! Min's friends are here! "

" Ah, alright. " - she softly smiled, washing her hands as I stood there watching her.

She looked at me, grabbing a towel.
" Chae, why are you standing here? " - she chuckled at my posture of an unmoving statue.
" Go in the living room with others. "

" I don't want to be there. "

I felt the heat rise up on my cheeks and by hearing mom laugh at me, I probably looked like a tomato.

" Let's go together, hm? "

Her hand reached out to me and my eyes scanned over, before grabbing a tight hold of it.

And now I'm safe.

My mom is with me.

We took easy steps towards the living room, as I was successfully hiding behind her.

" Mom! " - I heard Minho's voice.

My gaze was fixed on the floor, scared to meet the eyes of the strangers.

" Ah, finally you all arrived? I hope you didn't have much trouble finding the district. "

" We didn't Mrs. Choi. " - an unknown voice responded. " Minho explained the location well. "

And that's when my mom decided to look down at me hiding behind her.

" Chae, don't hide. Here let's meet the others. " - she said softly pulling me by her side.

I glanced up and noticed that all eyes were on me.

I gulped nervously.

My eyes looked at the two boys seated on our couch, Minho was standing next to mom and the other one, that I assumed was speaking just before, was looking around the house.

But his eyes were now on me.

" Everyone, this is my sister Chaewol. "

I respectfully bowed, biting my lips nervously.

" She's cute. " - a voice from the couch added.

My mom smiled down at me.
" I'll go bring the food, okay? "

She asked me, like I was supposed to give her a permission for it.

I nodded slowly as she walked away to the kitchen. My eyes still on her as she was leaving and my hand cold now that she wasn't holding it.

" Chae, don't just stand there. You're looking stupid. " - Minho said.

My eyes narrowed as I glared at him.

" Minho, that's not how you're supposed to talk with your sister. She's just shy. " - a voice from the couch responded and a boy stood up, taking the steps towards me.

No, go away. Shoo!

He was much taller, so he squatted to have a better look at me.

I blinked twice before looking into his eyes.

His eyes had the color of dark brown that was almost unnoticeable. People would assume the actual color is black.

His hair maroon shade, having the same haircut as Minho, only that it was styled towards the right side perfectly.

Well it looked more better on him than on Minho.

He looked soft, his cheekbones being the only thing that caught my attention on his face.

" I'm Kibum. " - he spoke, stretching his hand out to me.

His voice had a higher pitch than Minho's.

I looked back up at him before slowly placing my hand in his as he shook it in a gesture of a greeting.

" I'm Chaewol. "

" Nice to meet you Chaewol. Minho told us a lot about you. " - he smiled softly.

The way he smiled gave me some kind of a comfort.

Like when you look at the person and know that they are a safe place.

" How old are you? "

He asked again. The words now easily flowing out of my mouth as the pressure of meeting someone new died down.

" 14. "

" Ooh, you're the same age as Taemin! " - Kibum said looking back towards the couch he was sitting on to point at the boy who was still there.

I glanced at the boy who was now softly smiling at me. He was playing with his fingers which gave me a sign that he was just as shy as me.

He then must be the youngest among them.

He had the most beautiful set of lips I've ever laid my eyes on.

His face was round and he gave of the energy of a newborn baby.

His hair looked like a soft cotton candy, just like his face and I wondered if he smelled like baby powder.

" You think they will get along? " - the other boy, who now stood next to Minho, asked.

And Minho annoyingly rolled his eyes.

" I don't need them to get along. She's my sister and I won't be taking her with me when I'm hanging out with you. "

" Fine, I'll take her with me then. " - Kibum playfully said, smiling which made me chuckle.

He stood up straight from squatting and pointed at a boy standing next to Minho while looking at me.

" This is Jinki. He's our leader. " - Kibum said.

The boy, Jinki, waved at me, then pushed Kibum's shoulder a little.

" Don't listen to him. I'm not a leader. "

" The company said you will be tho. " - Kibum added.

A leader. As in a group leader?

They really must be debuting.

Jinki had the same hairstyle as Kibum. Only that Jinki's hair was thicker so it looked messier.

How does it looks so good on other people but not on my brother?

His face looked softer than Kibum's but sharper than Taemin's.

How to even describe his adorable face?

Right, he was just adorable.

" Where is Jonghyun? " - Jinki asked.

There's more?!

" In the bathroom. " - Minho replied.

One, two, three, four... five?

Minho managed to get himself more than three friends and will be debuting with them?

I must be dreaming.

And my reality was tested as I saw a boy they mentioned walking inside the living room.

" Yah hyung, we were just talking about you. " - Kibum said.

" You missed me that much already ah? " - the boy replied laughing.

He's....

He's... somehow...

Somehow perfect.

His tall posture, his freshly cut brown hair that hugged his sharp features.

He looked so mature to be in this room full of boys.

Something was so alluring about him to me.

His dark doe eyes fought their way through hair and met mine.

I blinked, making sure that he's real.

He smiled seeing me.

" That's your sister? " - he asked Minho.

" Yes. Chaewol. "

" Chaewol this is Jonghyun. " - Kibum said.

" Ah so she must be the one to buy you that Park Jisung jersey in the present box? " - Jonghyun said, his smile turning into a sly smirk as I felt my heart dropping to my feet.

He just didn't-

" Park Jisung jersey?! " - Minho squeaked out of happiness by hearing what his birthday present was.

But does that mean this Jonghyun guy was in my room?!

" Yah! " - I shouted at him.

My hand curling up into a fist and this made the whole room go silent by hearing my sudden outburst.

" Why were you in my room?! " - I shouted at him angrily.

" Got a little lost in the house so I payed your room a visit. " - he spoke.

" And you even opened Min's present?! "

" I saw a red box and it caught my attention. "

" You shouldn't touch what isn't yours, don't you know that? "

He squatted down to be on my level as he stared at me wearing the same stupid smirk.

" Shouldn't you be respectful to me? As far as I know - I'm older. "

I clenched my jaw.

" You shouldn't touch what isn't yours, don't you know that, grandpa? " - I repeated.

" Oohhh! " - Jinki laughed.

Jonghyun playfully placed a hand on his heart acting like my words got to him.

" Ah I'm old. Couldn't hear you well, would you mind repeating that again, my dear? "

YAAAAAAAAAAH !

I stomped my foot angrily on the floor, pushing past him on purpose.

" Can she be my sister? " - Kibum asked.

" Ah take her. " - Minho replied.

As I rushed up the stairs to my room, the red box looked untouched on my bed.

Stupid boy!
Stupid boy!
Stupid boy!

I refused to come out of my room for a long time after that boy Jonghyun tested my nerves.

How dare he open my brother's present?

And why wasn't Minho mad his surprise got ruined?

I knew it.

I knew that people who hang out with Minho are going to be the copy of him.

And Jonghyun was the same as Minho.

And I hated both of them.

I was peacefully seated at my desk, drawing in the sketchbook when my mom softly knocked on the door, opening it slightly to look at me.

" Chae, Minho is about to blow the candles. Come down? "

I nodded, hopping off my chair as I glanced at the red box again.

Now it won't look like a surprise anymore.

I grabbed the box, hugging it close to my chest as I got downstairs in the living room.

Some leftover food was on the table, bottles of juice already empty.
The boys were seated by the TV playing games on Minho's Nintendo he got for his last birthday.

As my steps got heard, Kibum stood up from the floor, smiling at me.

" Chaewol, why did you leave us for so long? "

" Because I didn't want my inner peace to be ruined by someone. " - I said still hugging the red present close to me.

Jonghyun chuckled from the floor hearing my statement, his eyes never leaving the TV screen.

Mom appeared in the living room, holding a birthday cake decorated by rainbow sprinkles on top with the writing of Minho's name and two candles that marked the number of age he was turning.

16.

We all gathered around the small table as my mom placed the cake in front of Minho.

I took my place right next to him, happily admiring the cake.

Mom was lighting the candles as I felt someone standing right behind me.

I turned my head slightly looking up at the boy.

Jonghyun.

He glanced down at me and the corner of his lips turned upwards a little.

I quickly turned my head away from him, looking at the cake.

" Cute. " - I heard a whisper behind me.

My cheeks suddenly felt hot and I blamed it on the candles that were burning.

Stupid boy!

We sang a birthday song to Minho and he blew out the candles.

Jinki and Taemin were the first one to grab a hold of a sweet whipped cream of the cake and smear it all over Minho's face.

I laughed at the entertaining sight.

" Don't laugh, you little- " - Minho was about to curse, but quickly remembered that mom was still with us in the room, taking pictures of him.

I sticked out my tongue at him as he grabbed the tissue to clean his cheeks.

" Here. Happy birthday! " - I said handing over the red box to him.

He took the box and playfully glared down at me.

Opening it up the happiness was clearly visible on his face. Even his eyes smiled as he took out the jersey from the box.

I thought that he wouldn't be as much as surprised now that he knew what the present is but he was.

He was still happy about it and that made me smile.

Happy birthday MinMin!
I hope you stay happy and healthy for so long.

Mom took the cake away to the kitchen to cut it as Minho got into his jersey already, showing it to us.

" You should be a model. " - Kibum said.

" He'll be too busy with the idol schedule for that. " - Jinki added.

As the plates with the cake were served I got mine, sitting on the couch next to Taemin.

He took a quick glance at me before looking down at his piece of cake.

" You're Taemin, right? " - I said taking a bite.

My feet dangled from the couch as I scanned his face up close.

His cheeks got red as soon as I said his name.

He nodded. " Yes I am. "

" When is your birthday? "

" July 18th. "

" Woah! That's so cool, you're born in the summertime. "

" Not really, wish I was born in the winter like Minho. "

" I'm born in the winter too. " - I added, munching on my cake.

He looked at me. " You are? "

" Mhm. Seven days before Min. " - I grinned.

Taemin returned the same smile at me.
" It must be nice waking up on a birthday morning and seeing snow outside. "

" What are you two gossiping about without me? " - Kibum interrupted, sitting next to me with his plate.

" Chaewol's birthday was seven days ago. " - Taemin replied.

" Really? " - Kibum looked at me. " Why haven't Minho told us to get you a present too? "

" There's no need to. I'm happy enough that it was snowing outside ever since. " - I said.

" I'll remember to buy you something nice for your next birthday. " - Kibum said and that made me smile.

After we have eaten the cake, it got dark outside due to the days being shorter and it was the time for the boys to leave.

Soon after our family members will arrive for dinner. Minho and I should clean up the messy living room.

" It was really fun. " - Jinki said getting his jacket from the hanger.

" Your sister made it better tho. " - Kibum winked at me which made the instant blush appear on my cheeks.

" Yah, you sure? I was thinking about locking her up in the basement for today. " - Minho added as I kicked his side with my elbow.

" And what stopped you? " - Jonghyun questioned.

I glared at him.

" Do you want to be the one locked up in the basement? " - I spat.

" You think I won't be able to escape? "

" I will throw the key far away! "

He laughed at my frustrated state.

His hand messed up my hair before I could even react to it.

" Cutie. " - He said.

" Let's go grandpa, we have to put you to bed. " - Jinki joked pushing Jonghyun outside the door. " We'll see you at practice Minho! "

" Bye Chaewol! " - Kibum waved at me.

" Bye! " - Taemin smiled.

I waved back at them happily.

" Bye cutie! " - Jonghyun shouted.

" Close the door Minho. " - I rolled my eyes, walking away to the living room, hearing the door behind me close.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 226 16
A book of one shots written by yours truly. I am open to requests so feel free to comment or message me.
2.3K 137 24
Memory loss is one of the worst things that could happen to someone. Forgetting everything, forgetting who you love, forgetting who you are. Can Y/N...
24.3K 123 40
the title says it all ā™”
22.4K 278 30
Various stories about our favourite boys in different situations. BoyXfemreader.