cigarette ends | ✎

By _crescents

"𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 until you're screaming for forgiveness," I whispered, "until your apologies are like... More

introduction.
aesthetics.
i.
ii.
iii.
iv.
v.
vi.
vii.
viii.
ix.
x.
xi.
xii.
xiii.
xiv.
xv.
xvi.
xvii.
xviii.
xix.
xx.
xxi.
xxii.
xxiii.
xxiv.
xxv.
xxvi.
xxviii.
xxix.
xxx.
xxxi.
xxxii.
xxxiii.
xxxiv.

xxvii.

4.9K 162 245
By _crescents

twenty-seven deepthroat it
tw: small mention of ed

"So. What sort of robot are we going to build?" Lacey asked as she painted her nails a cherry red.

Instead of volunteering at our respective interest institutions today, the competition hosts had decided to group us in our hexad's once again and create a robot that somehow helped the environment. We had to build our robots and present them within five days. In three days, we also had a small robotics test we had to complete that would add to our total score.

"Something with the beach," Rohan said, typing away on his computer. Since both him and Aurora were computer science majors, they also had some minor experience with robotics. Rohan, however, had subtly mentioned that he was president of the robotics club at Stanford.

"It could pick up litter, possibly?" Aurora suggested, her sketchbook open and ready to plan a design.

"That's perfect," I said. "I like that idea."

We all agreed on a small robot that would be able to pick out litter on the sand and on the pavement next to the beach. Aurora began drawing out the design, and we all assisted on ideas.

An hour or so later, our design was rough but completed.

"Where's the nearest craft store?" Lacey asked, scrolling through a map of the local area on her computer.

"Here's one," Callum said, pointing to his screen. "It's only a few minutes' walk from here."

"Perfect." Lacey stood from the spot where she was laying on the bed, then motioned for all of us to get up as well. "Group trip?"

We all stuffed our shoes on and ended up all getting into the elevator together to go get the supplies. Aurora clutched onto her sketchbook while Rohan brought his computer for god knows what reason.

Somehow, August and I ended up standing next to each other. I gave him an apologetic smile when everyone crowded into the elevator and I had to squeeze in front of him, my back to his chest.

"They should've made bigger elevators," I muttered, moving slightly.

Then, suddenly, his hands were gripping my waist, and his mouth was by my ear. "Don't. Move."

Blood rushed to my cheeks when I realized the predicament we were in. I guess I hadn't realized that my ass was rubbing against his front.

"Sorry," I whispered, trying my best to stay still. His hands were burning against my hips, grasping tightly, and I could feel his breath in my ear.

Luckily, none of the others witnessed our interaction due to the cramped nature of the elevator. We were all pressed close together, so neither of them suspected anything by the proximity of the both of us. They were also discussing the robot and the supplies we needed to get, so they didn't give any of us a spare glance.

Once the elevator opened to the lobby of the hotel, I practically ran out of it. Everyone followed, and only Lacey gave me a weird look.

She began walking next to me once we were outside and on the route to the craft store. "Everything alright?"

I nodded slowly. "I think. Yes, I'm fine." I let out a choked laugh. "God, that therapy session fucked us up."

"You and Augie?"

"Yeah." I shook my head, glancing behind us and accidentally making eye contact with him. "Could you excuse me? I need to ask him something."

"Of course." Lacey smiled, then went to chat with Aurora instead.

I walked slower, falling into step with August. "How are you feeling now?"

He gave me a pointed look, then rolled his eyes. "I'm fine."

"That wasn't very friendly behavior back there."

His brow rose. "Then maybe you shouldn't rub your ass against my-"

I held a hand over his mouth and gave him my best glare. "Don't finish that sentence."

I could feel his smirk against my palm, and I took it off. "I didn't mean to," I said, feeling the need to justify myself.

"Right," he muttered.

"I'm serious. We're friends, nothing else."

His eyes darkened as they studied me, dropping to my lips for a quick second. "Friends."

"Why do you act like it's such a foreign subject? Do you need a refresher on the definition?" I pulled out my phone. "According to Google, a friend is 'a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically exclusive of sexual-'"

He grabs the phone out of my hand. "I get it, Lia. We can be..." his face twists, showing discomfort, "...friends."

"Good." I took my phone back, then stuck out my hand for him to shake.

He looked at my outstretched hand with a smirk. Then he takes it, and we shake hands.

"What are you two doing back there? Are you shaking hands?" Callum called from ahead of us.

We laughed, catching up with the others.

✦✧✦✧ 

A few hours later, we had bought our supplies and were around halfway done with our robot. Since it was nearing 6 p.m. and we hadn't eaten yet, Rohan sent August and I to go get food.

We wrote down everyone's orders then departed to a nearby restaurant.

"How much does Callum plan on eating?" August mumbled, looking at the list.

I laughed. "What do you plan on getting?"

He shrugged as we entered the restaurant, him holding the door open for me. "Same thing as Rohan. It looked good, whatever it was." Then he gave me a look. "What about you?"

"Not sure." I wrapped my arms around my stomach. "We just ate a few hours ago-"

"Hey. You don't get to do that. Please at least order something, even if you're not too hungry." When I glanced at him, he gave me a pleading glance.

I gave him a soft smile. "Alright."

I ended up ordering a salad and eating the whole thing once we got back, thanks to August. Once we all finished eating, we were each taking turns screwing in some bolts onto our little robot.

It happened to be my turn, and I placed the screwdriver in my mouth as I placed the bolt in its hole. I was laying on my stomach on the ground while Callum and August sat on the couch opposite of me, a perfect view of my mouth that held the screwdriver.

"How does that screwdriver feel in your mouth, Em?" Callum chuckled.

I grinned. "Just great." Then I positioned it so that my lips were wrapped around the base of the screwdriver.

My eyes slid from Callum's amused expression to August's dark one. A slight blush crept up my neck at his intense, very non-friendly gaze. But I refused to take the screwdriver out of my mouth, only to piss August off more.

"Why don't you deepthroat it for us?" Lacey called from where she was working with Aurora on a modified design for the robot, laughing.

I just chuckled, taking the screwdriver out of my mouth and using it to screw the bolt into place. "A bunch of pigs, the lot of you," I said, and most of them laughed.

I washed off the screwdriver in the sink after I finished my screws, then handed it over to August.

He gave me an amused grin. "Pity you washed it," was all he said before walking away toward the robot.

✦✧✦✧ 

By 10 p.m., our robot was close to being fully built. We all said our goodbyes and exited Lacey and Callum's room, returning to our respective hotel rooms.

August and I rode the elevator up in silence. We hadn't talked much after the screwdriver incident, as the rest of the night had been uneventful.

After we entered our room, I slid into the restroom to get ready for bed. Since August and I were both exercising restraint during our "friendship", I decided to test it even more. I slid on a thin tank top and short sleeping shorts that I had bought the first day in California but had been too afraid to wear.

I stepped out of the bathroom, my hair in two loose braids. I regretted my outfit decision as soon as his eyes landed on me.

He took his time gazing up and down my body. Up my legs, to the shorts, to my chest, then to my hair and face. His eyes darkened as he went, his jaw ticking.

"How," he said softly, "do you expect us to stay friends when you're exercising my restraint this damn much?"

I laughed in an attempt to lighten the mood. "Just don't look at me. I'll hide under the covers." I slid into the bed and placed the blanket over me, then patted the spot next to me. "And you might have to sleep next to me tonight again, unless you want to wake up at 4 a.m. to my screams."

"Contrary to your belief, I'd love to hear you scream." He smirked. "Just not for that reason."

I rolled my eyes. "Do you simply just think about sex all the time?"

He groaned, his hand rubbing his face. "Fuck. You can't talk like that if you want me to get in bed with you and just sleep."

Shit, that was hot. "Fine, sorry. Sleep with me, please?"

He smiled, then got into bed next to me, careful not to get too close. Then I turned off the light, closed my eyes, and tried not to dream about the boy next to me.

hello everyone!

this was more of a short filler chapter to sort of grow the connection between august and lia. hope you enjoyed <3

thank you for reading and i'll see you in chapter 28!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

361K 5.5K 27
❝I want you so bad.❞ I tease him while trailing my hand up his white buttoned shirt feeling his abs. "Ms. Rose.." His voice was soft and sweet when I...
29.3K 1K 31
"I hate-no dislike you a thousand times that you may never feel because of that thick wall of ice around your heart. That thick ice that no one might...
7.7K 122 6
"Are you out of your mind? I could hurt you." The veins started to pumped up in fear of what i'm capable to do. Everything was a blur to me, the room...
86.7K 4.4K 44
𝙏𝙀𝘼𝘾𝙃𝙀𝙍 𝙭 𝙎𝙏𝙐𝘿𝙀𝙉𝙏 𝙍𝙊𝙈𝘼𝙉𝘾𝙀 I have seen/read many stories where a student is crazy in love with her professor.. but what happens...