Forever and Always

By jamjam53

Taylor Swift has always wanted a family of her own, and now she has what she wants. Kayla and Owen bring so m... More

Chapter 1 - Good Morning
Chapter 2 - Mall-O-Drama
Chapter 3 - Recovery Day
Chapter 4 - A Visit to the Doctors
Chapter 5 - I Will Always Love You
Chapter 6 - The Birthday Girl
Chapter 7 - Welcome to New York
Chapter 8 - Hide and Seek
Chapter 9 - How Will I Know
Chapter 10 - Emotions
Chapter 11 - Hakuna Matata
Chapter 12 - I Forgive You
Chapter 13 - Bleeding Love
Chapter 14 - Best of Both Worlds
Chapter 15 - I Lived
Chapter 16 - On the Way Home
Chapter 17 - ABC
Chapter 18 - We are Family
Chapter 19 - You Can't Win
Chapter 20 - Stronger
Chapter 21 - Better than Revenge
Chapter 22 - State of Grace
Chapter 23 - Starlight
Chapter 24 - Walking on Sunshine
Chapter 26 - Brave
Chapter 27 Part 1 - Live Like There's No Tomorrow
Chapter 27 Part 2 - Live Like There's No Tomorrow
Chapter 28 - Santa Baby
Chapter 29 - This Love
Mine - Epilogue
Lost Time

Chapter 25 -Beautiful Tragic

366 21 1
By jamjam53

Hi all, I do apologize for not updating regularly. I plan to finish up this book in about five or so chapters. I am really proud of this chapter, I hope you like it too! Thanks for reading. Please like and comment :)

Taylor's POV

"I won the all around again!" Kayla exclaimed and held up her first place medal. I shook my head in disbelief. Moving Kayla to first grade has brought her back to her old cheerful self. She is being challenged academically and thriving socially. A few months ago she joined the gymnastics team and is medaling in all of her events. "Congratulations." I told her. "Hey kiddo, how about we celebrate with some dessert, maybe ice cream?" 

"No thanks, coach says we can only have two desserts in one week." Kayla replied. Her gymnastics coach is all about eating healthy. To be honest it bums me out because we used to love cooking desserts together, and now she won't even go out and get ice cream with me. Eating healthy has really improved her sports performance. Each meet I've been to her routines look better and better. Soon she might get to compete at a different level.

"Next practice I get to work on a new beam dismount." Kayla said skipping to the car. 

"That's great!" I love seeing her excited about something. 

Kayla's POV

I feel exhausted from my meet. My coach said my floor routine was the best it has ever been today. I went to my room when we got home and added my medal to my collection.

"Knock, knock." Mommy walked into my room.

"Look at all these medals. I'm so proud of you for working so hard." She stared at my trophy case and then sat down on the edge of my bed.

"Thanks. My goal is to someday be in the Olympics." I told her.

"I'll be in the stands cheering you on every step of the way." Mommy always supports me and I am so grateful for that.

"I know you don't want ice cream, so I made you a strawberry kiwi smoothie instead. How would you like to go to open gym later? You can show me some of the skills you are working on."

"Yes! That sounds fun, I'll be ready in a little bit." After Mommy left, I flopped onto my bed and drank my smoothie. I felt extremely tired. I re-did my hair and changed from my competition leotard to a practice one. Although Mommy knows nothing about gymnastics I'm happy she likes to come and watch. "I'm ready to go." I exclaimed as cheerfully as I possibly could. I grabbed my gym bag and started to go to the car.

"Great, Owen is coming too if that's alright." Mommy grabbed the keys and we drove to the gym. I practiced my floor and bar routine for a while. I had a pounding headache. I couldn't tell Mommy because she would make me leave. Owen walked on the little kids beam. Mommy still held onto his arms. Later, they went into the foam pit. I went to the beam. I did my usual warm ups, but for some reason could barely lock out my arms. "Mommy, Owen watch this." I prepared to do my cartwheel dismount. In the middle of the skill I felt my arms give out. I heard mommy scream, but it was too late. My hands slipped and my head smacked the beam. I slid onto the mat. There I blacked out.

Taylor's POV

"Mommy, Owen watch this." I heard Kayla yell from the other side of the gym. I turned around to see what she was going to do. "Owen, look at your big sister." I pointed at her. It looked like she was doing the dismount she has in her routine now. Right as she put her hands down and kicked up, they slipped. I screamed and hugged Owen really tight. I tried to crawl out of the foam pit as fast as I could. Everything looked like it was happening in slow motion. Her head made contact with the beam and it made a sick cracking noise. Then she slid onto the floor. I finally made it out of the pit and ran to her side. She lay motionless and unconscious. "Kayla, can you hear me?" No response. "Someone help!" The woman running the open gym rushed out. When she saw what had happened she ran to the office and called the hospital. Within minutes doctors and an ambulance had arrived. They quickly put Kayla on the stretcher and closed her up in the ambulance. Owen and I followed in our car. I was gripping the steering wheel so tightly my knuckles turned white. 

The ambulance reached the hospital within five minutes. I hastily parked my car and grabbed Owen from the back seat. 

"Are you this girl's mother?" One doctor in a white coat asked me. How could he be so calm? I asked myself. 

"Yes, her name is Kayla. Is she alright?" I wanted answers now.

"We are going to run some scans to make sure there is no internal bleeding or cracked bones, but we need you to authorize these procedures before we can start." The doctor handed me a clipboard with many forms attached. I signed each paper so quickly I barely got to read what it was for. All I wanted was for Kayla to get treatment as quickly as possible. 

"Thank you, Ms. Swift. You and your son will have to wait here while the tests are performed. We will notify you as soon as they are finished and she is in stable condition." I shook the doctor's hand. He hurried off with my daughter into the testing room. We waited, and waited, and waited. Owen fell asleep on my lap. I was about to fall asleep myself when a doctor came out to get me. I followed her down the long, bright white hallway. 

"You can stay in here with your daughter while you wait for the full test results." I nodded as the woman slowly opened the door. Kayla lay in the bed and had an insane amount of machines hooked up to her. 

"Can you tell me anything?" I pleaded before the nurse left.

"I am supposed to wait until we have the full results in. I am truly sorry. I wish I could tell you something. If you have any concerns or questions don't hesitate to give us a ring." I was silent for quite some time. How could I not be concerned? I have so many questions I want answered. I sat next to Kayla's bed and held her hand. I couldn't even tell if she was sleeping or unconscious. Owen was confused and sleepy. It was way past his bed time. I decided now was time to call my parents. 

"Taylor, are you all right? Why are you calling at this ungodly hour?" I felt bad for waking my mom and tried to apologize. Instead I broke down crying. 

"Taylor, are you there?" 

"I'm here mom." I sniffled trying to regain control over myself. "We are at the hospital."

"Are you guys okay? Do I need to come down there?" My mom was asking rapid fire questions. 

"Kayla had a terrible fall off the beam tonight and was knocked unconscious. The doctor's are running all sorts of tests and we are waiting for the results." I heard my mom gasp on the other end of the line. 

"I'll be down there as soon as I can. Do you need me to bring anything?" It's amazing how I don't even have to ask my mom to come, she just does. 

"Could you please bring some blankets and sweatshirts. The hospital is a bit cold. Some snacks would be nice too."

"Whatever you need, I hope Kayla will be alright."

"Me too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"May I enter?" A woman called from the hallway. 

"Yeah." I was still asleep on the couch cuddled up with my son. My mom was sleeping in a chair across the room. I sat up and checked my phone as the nurse entered. The screen read six a.m. Dang these nurses come early. 

"I'm sorry to wake you, I just need to check on Kayla." I watched as the nurse checked the screens and re-filled the IV. "How did she do last night?" The nurse asked. 

"I'm not sure. I think she was okay. She didn't wake up or anything." I explained. As soon as I said that Kayla woke up. 

"How are you feeling today Kayla?" The nurse asked her. She barely had time to reply before she started vomiting. The nurse took great care of her. When Kayla calmed down she finished answering the nurses questions and fell back asleep. I observed the nurse writing a few notes on Kayla's chart before she left. 

"Ms. Swift, the doctor will be in within the hour to discuss Kayla's test results. I should think that she will be fully awake by then." With that, she left us alone again.

Half an hour later the doctor and his assistant walked in. "Good morning Taylor, Owen and Mrs. Swift. Have you had anything to eat this morning.?" I nodded. "I know you are eager to hear the results of Kayla's test. I think it would be important if she was awake now." I went over to Kayla's bed and gently shook her awake. She had a difficult time sitting up. "So," the doctor began with his hands folded across his lap. He glanced down at his notes before continuing. "Kayla the good news is that the scans reveal no internal bleeding." He paused again. "You have suffered a minor concussion so you won't be able to do gymnastics for a few months." I let out a huge sigh of relief. "Unfortunately this is not our biggest problem. The MRI scan we took to look for internal bleeding found something else. We weren't looking for this but we are glad we found. Do you know what a tumor is Kayla?" The doctor paused to check her comprehension. She shook her head no. "It's when your cells grow super fast and form something that isn't supposed to be in your body. You have one in your brain. It is called diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma, DIPG for short. This type of tumor is high grade and cancerous. " I felt as if all of the air in my lungs had just been sucked out. My daughter has cancer. I could see Kayla was lost. Her eyes were wide and frightened. I grabbed her hand and squeezed it for reassurance.The doctor continued to talk, mostly for me and my mom. "The treatment options are slim, which we can talk about later. The survival rate is not high. I am so sorry. I will give you guys some time to process. I understand that this is a lot of information to take in. I brought a few pamphlets for you to look at if you would like." He handed them to me. I could barely look up. As soon as the door closed the tears came flowing down. I hugged my mom and my son and my beautiful little girl. I couldn't believe this was happening to us, to her. How do I explain to my sweet six year old daughter that she has a deadly disease growing in her  brain and that she may not live much longer? It is heart breaking. 

"Mom, how could this happen to her?" I practically screamed. "This isn't fair!"

"Let's take a walk. Kayla needs some rest." I picked Owen up and carried him out into the courtyard. The three of us sat on a bench and watched the world go by. The cool December air helped clear my head. Everything that had seemed so important before suddenly disappeared from my mind. I remember my visits to hospitals to see children with terminal cancer. I never imagined my daughter would become one of those kids. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 65 40
Alliah and Ayen were 2 young girls who was orphaned because of a Tragic accident that took there parents but little they know that their idol Taylor...
4.4K 270 29
Emma, a girl who has cancer and is in a foster/orphanage. She wonders if she'll ever find the parents that once gave her up. But when Taylor Swift co...
6.4K 317 27
It's been two years since Taylor was 'found' her true love Harry styles. When taylor leaves Harry she stays at Ed house. They fall in love. But with...
23.6K 816 26
Love is a beautiful thing, and for Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran love conquers all. Taylor and Ed have been dating for three years now, and something i...