𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐀, rick grimes.

By rositastwd

❝forget about it, forget about him, forget about me.❞ rick grimes, seasons one - nine. More

000,
season one, act one.
001,
002,
003,
004,
005,
006,
007,
008,
009,
010,
011,
012,
013,
014,
season two, act two.
015,
016,
017,
018,
019,
020,
021,
023,
024,

022,

1.1K 79 40
By rositastwd

season two, episode seven.
"pretty much dead already"

022. i'm so sorry.

DESPITE GLENN covering up his secret with the fact he was sleeping with maggie, lydia still had her suspicions. the boy was unusually pale and whenever somebody spoke to him he'd randomly defend himself.

clear signs of a liar!

however, lydia had other things to worry about. (she really didn't, other than the fact the world was now an apocalypse, her life was pretty boring). besides, she could not be bothered about teenage drama! ( yes, glenn was literally twenty two and only four years younger than lydia )

rick and lori had made up after arguing about god knows what, and no lydia was not annoyed at this...okay maybe she was a little bit. but that's besides the point.

lydia was sat around the campfire with everyone when glenn, who was growing greener by the second, abruptly stood up. "guys." he began seriously, making them all raise a brow and turn to him.

eden began to cry suddenly as lydia sighed, "glenn, why'd you have to talk. now she's sad."

"you made a baby sad. shame on you." daryl snickered from on the camp chair.

"i need to tell you guys something, stop for a sec!" glenn snapped impatiently, making daryl and lydia share an amused look and back down, not noticing the look rick had on his face as he watched the interaction.

"the barn is full of walkers." glenn blurted.

lydia's jaw dropped.

okay, she definitely did not expect to hear him say that.

"what?" she echoed in shock, everyone also shocked at the fact eden had stopped crying the second glenn had spoke it. daryl even muttered a what a weird ass child, which lydia chose to ignore.

"how—who—what—when—where." dale began, making lydia giggle. this wasn't an english lesson on the 5 w's.

they all scrambled up to follow glenn to the barn to decide on what they were going to do. shane was the first one to go and peak through the wood which had a small gap, and he froze when he realised there was walkers in there.

he rubbed his head and paced over to rick who was silent. "you cannot tell me you are all right with this."

"no i'm not, but we are guests here. this isn't our land." rick snapped back understandably.

"oh, god, this is our lives, man!" shane yelled, making glenn hush him.

"lower your voice!" glenn snapped, looking over at the farm where the green family were.

"we can't just sweep this under the rug." andrea spoke up. lydia rolled her eyes, moving eden to her other hip.

"yes the fuck we can. it isn't our place to confront them nor do anything about it! yes it's wrong, but we'd look so ungrateful if we stormed over there and confronted them!" she argued, siding with rick (shock).

"it ain't right. not remotely. we either got to go in there, make things right, or we just got to go. we have been talking about fort benning for a long time." shane began to say as lydia huffed.

"we can't go." rick cut him off, holding a hand up to stop him.

shane let out a frustrated yell, spinning around to face rick, "why, rick, why?" shane shouted in disbelief.

"why are you so desperate to leave? seems like you have something to hide, no?" lydia spoke up in confusion, noticing the way shane was pacing about in a panicked state.

shane glared at her and began to walk over to her, to which lydia immediately stepped back and held eden closer, "you shut up, lydia, i swear to—"

"shane!" rick shouted over him, pushing him back forcefully. lori rolled her eyes seeing rick defend the woman yet again.

"we can't leave because my daughter is still out there." carol spoke up softly as they all turned to her.

shane scoffed out a laugh. "okay. okay. i think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility."

"shane, we are not leaving sophia behind!" rick cut him off, noticing carol getting visibly upset.

"im so close to finding this girl. i just found her damn doll two days ago!" daryl agreed, standing in front of carol somewhat protectively.

shane chuckled sarcastically, "you found her doll, daryl! that's what you did, well done. congrats. you found a doll."

daryl stared at him for a moment before waving his arm dramatically and swinging his hip, "you don't know what the hell you're talking about!"

"man, look, i'm just saying what needs to be said here." shane defended himself as rick began to put his arm between the two, muttering alright, alright, alright. as if that was gonna do anything.

"now, you get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours—" shane began, ignoring everyone telling him to stop. "let me tell you something else, man, if she was alive out there and saw you coming all methed out with your buck knife and geek ears around your neck, she would run in the other direction, man!"

daryl launched himself at shane as rick separated them using his body, everyone else apart from lydia jumping in. "just stop!" rick yelled.

"i'll beat your ass, don't come at me like that!" shane yelled as lydia stayed back and watched in slight amusement and shock

finally, they all stopped noticing carl stood behind lydia worriedly, making them all calm down. "just let me talk to hershel. let me figure it out." rick began calmly, choosing to ignore the way lori snatched carl's hand and pulled him away from lydia.

"what are you gonna figure out?" shane screamed back as lydia rolled her eyes.

"can yall stop the screaming, i've literally just got her to sleep." lydia spoke over the loud shouts, motioning to eden who was asleep in her arms.

"if we are going to stay, if we're gonna clear this barn, i have to talk him into it. this is his land." rick began again, attempting to be quieter for eden.

"hershel sees those things in there as people." dale began, "sick people. his ex wife, his...stepson."

"you knew?" lydia asked in shock.

"yesterday i talked to hershel." dale nodded slowly as they all widened their eyes.

"and you waited the night?" shane exclaimed.

"shane! the child is sleeping show some respect." carol sighed in annoyance, noticing eden shift in lydia's arms.

"to hell with the child! not my problem she decided to have a baby during an apocalypse." shane suddenly exclaimed as lydia let out a humerous laugh.

"oh my god, how many fucking times do i have to say it to get it into your ugly, thick skull? eden was born months before—and also, leave her out of it! why did we go from arguing about a barn to my kid?" she scoffed, making shane wave her off and continue arguing with dale.

lydia tuned out of most of the argument, focusing on helping eden drift back to sleep every few moments when she stirred. however, she jumped slightly when the barn door rattled again and the walkers made more noise.

she glanced at the others before shaking her head and walking away from them all, not wanting to be involved anymore.

A LITTLE while later, lydia came out of the house after feeding eden to see everyone crowded around each other. "isn't anyone taking this seriously?" daryl continued as lydia frowned at him.

"what's going on?" she asked glenn quietly, noticing daryl started to go on a rant and waving his arms and swinging his hips.

"we aren't sure where rick is, or shane or dale." glenn replied quietly.

"there!" andrea pointed. they all looked over to see shane walking over with a bag of guns.

"what's all this?" daryl asked the man in confusion.

"you with me, man?" shane asked, throwing him a gun. daryl nodded immediately, "time to grow up." shane called out.

"you already got yours?" shane asked andrea who nodded slowly.

"yeah...where's dale?" andrea asked in confusion. shane handed t-dog and lydia a hand gun.

"he's on his way." shane responded quickly.

"i thought we couldn't carry." t-dog asked, furrowing his brows. lydia eyed the gun and pretended to point it at glenn, letting out a giggle as glenn ducked dramatically.

"we can and we have to now." shane cut them off, ignoring their childishness. "look, it was one thing sitting around here picking daisies when we thought this place was supposed to be safe. but now we know it ain't."

they all listened, some agreeing, some disagreeing. shane then walked over to glenn, handing him a gun. shane then turned to maggie, "can you shoot?" 

"can you stop?" maggie snapped, "you do this, you hand out these guns, my dad will make you leave tonight."

"shane, just think about it for a minute. we have nowhere else to stay." lydia spoke up, making the man glance at her.

"what is this?" lori asked as she walked out of the house with carl, noticing everyone with guns.

"we ain't going anywhere, okay? now, look, hershel, he's just gotta understand. okay? he...well, he's gonna have to. now we need to find sophie. am i right?" they all looked at him silently as he walked over and crouched in front of carl. "i need you to take this. you take it, carl, and you keep your mother safe."

"he's gone insane." lydia muttered, shaking her head. "giving a fuckin' child a gun. may as well give eden one now." the girl complained as maggie chuckled, glancing at the girl with a small smile.

"rick said no guns. this is not your call." lori pushed the gun away from carl and stood in front of shane who stood up straighter. "this is not your decision to make!"

the walkers growling in the distance made lydia look over as her eyes widened, "oh shit." she exclaimed in disbelief. they all followed her gaze to see rick and hershel luring the walkers in the farm.

something must have possessed shane because the man then began to run while leaning sideways and yelling and grunting, "what is that? what is that?" it was the funniest thing lydia had ever seen.

"shane!" lori exclaimed as they all ran over to the man.

"what the hell is going on?" lydia exclaimed in shock.

"why do your people have guns?" hershel exclaimed angrily.

"are you kidding me? you see? you see what they're holding onto?" shane shouted loudly, making the others widen their eyes in shock.

"i see who im holding onto!" hershel snapped.

"no, man, you don't!"

"shane, just let us do this and then we can talk." rick called out over the loud growls of the walkers.

"what you wanna talk about, rick?! these things ain't sick! they're not people!" shane continued to shout. "they're dead! ain't gotta feel nothing for them, cause all they do, they kill! these things right here, they're the things that killed amy! they killed otis! they're gonna kill all of us."

"shane, shut up!" rick yelled breathlessly, trying to push the walkers towards the barn.

"hey, hershel, man, let me ask you something." shane began, pulling out his gun and taking the safety off. "could a living breathing person, could they walk away from this?" he suddenly shot the walkers in the chest.

"no!" rick and hershel yelled. "stop it!"

"that's three rounds in the chest! could someone who's alive, could they just take that? why is it still coming toward me?" shane exclaimed, before shooting it again. "that's it's heart, it's lungs! why is it still coming?" he shot it again.

"shane, enough!"

"yeah, you're right, man. that is enough." shane said coldly before shooting the walker in the face, making it fall backwards.

the noise woke eden up as she began to cry,  making lydia furrow her brows, cuddling her closer. "enough risking our lives for a little girl whose gone!"

lydia immediately glanced at carol who's eyes brimmed with tears. "enough living next to a barn full of things that are trying to kill us! enough! rick, it ain't like it was before! now, if yall wanna live, if yall wanna survive, you gotta fight for it!"

"i'm talking about fighting right here, right now!" the crazy man continued as he ran towards the barn.

"shane, are you crazy? think about eden and carl! you're endangering children by doing that!" maggie exclaimed in a panic, understanding that they wouldn't be able to take all the walkers and protect eden.

"oh, my god." lydia whispered in a panic as shane ripped open the barn doors. the woman began to step back in fear, attempting to fit eden into the sling as quickly as possible.

"come on, this is not the way, please!" rick yelled in horror.

carl hid behind lori as the walkers clambered out of the barn, growing as they ran towards them. shane, t-dog, daryl and andrea began to shoot at them as maggie stood in front of lydia and eden, unarmed but focussed on protecting them.

lori protected carl as rick ordered them to stay back, making sure he was in front of them.

lydia's eyes scanned the barn, and suddenly her face dropped. "stop!" she exclaimed loudly, making them all turn to her.

"oh, my god." she whispered, a shakey reaching up to point to the barn doors.

a small walker stepped out slowly, and everyone immediately recognised it. sophia. all that could be heard was carol's gut-wrenching screams as daryl reached out to catch her when she fell, holding her as she cried.

everyone stared at sophia in slight shock and upset, tears immediately brimming in lydia's eyes as she watched rick walk towards her and shoot her down.

everyone stared at the body of sophia. lydia stepped back in slight shock, turning to look at rick who was looking at the floor.

the young mother walked over to carol, crouching down in front of her. "i'm so sorry." she whispered,  bringing her in for a hug.

rip sophia

by the way, i know rick is like late thirties in season two, however lydia is only twenty six. so, in this story and right now currently he is thirty. so the age gap isn't too bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.2K 370 11
𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗿𝗺𝗲𝗿𝘀 𝗱𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗮𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗲𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗱𝗻𝗲𝗰𝗸? ꜰᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴏᴄ x ᴅᴀʀʏʟ...
293K 3K 49
TWD character imagines. - COMPLETED -
60.6K 1.4K 27
❝ you're a crisis of my faith ❞ carl grimes x oc the walking dead 【 season 2 - 6 】
115K 2.9K 19
ᴄᴀʀʟ ɢʀɪᴍᴇꜱ x ɴᴇɢᴀɴ'ꜱ ᴅᴀᴜɢʜᴛᴇʀ ♢ 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝗮 𝗴𝗶𝗿𝗹 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗲𝗹𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗮𝘃𝗶�...