13 Years of Struggle

Da enexex

(This story may be uncomfortable for people. Sorry :/) After an unknown virus started spreading worldwide and... Altro

Cast
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
News
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20...
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60

Chapter 51

12 3 0
Da enexex

           (Amani Pov) 

                     I pulled out the magazine of the pistol Claire gave me. Around 2 bullets. One for Abaddon and one for myself. That bastard was going to die. I didn’t care what happened to me. As long as he was dead with a bullet lodged in his head. 

                 I pushed the magazine back into the gun and hid it behind my back attached to my belt. I quickly turned away from the mirror and walked out of my room. I walked down the old creaky staircase and entered the living room. Greta was there with Janet. 

                 Janet looked up at me. “ Hey. Where have you been?’

      I sighed. “ Just upstairs resting and thinking.”

                     “ About the upcoming fight?” She asked as she continued sitting next to Greta. 

        I nodded. “ Yeah… and other things.” I walked over and sat in the armchair near them. “ So what are you 2 up to?”

                  Greta soon answered me. “ We are just hoping everything goes well and we’re also worried about the supply pick up next week.”

                    I soon replied. “ Me too.”  

       The 3 of us paused when we heard the sound of the door opening. We heard the sound of boots on the floorboards and I turned around and saw Marla walk in. “ Marla, what are you doing here? Did something happen?” Greta asked as she stared at her. 

                  She nodded and replied quietly. “ Yeah.”

    “  Well what is wrong?” I looked at her as well. 

                      “ Noa and Kala are back.” She said in a low tone. 

           I turned around and looked at Janet and she looked just as confused as me. “ What do you mean they are back? How would they be back?” I asked quickly as I stared at Marla. 

              She sighed. “ I don’t know, Just come on.” She waved for us to follow her out the door. 

                  I quickly got up and Janet and Greta followed after us as we ran towards the main gate. After around a few minutes of running we got to the gate and Kade was on the watch tower with Lou and Alejandro and Javier were yelling at Lou to let them in. “ Let them in!” Alejandro yelled at Lou. 

               “ Shut up! They aren’t coming in. Someone go radio the shadows and tell them that they escaped or something.” Lou yelled as he looked down at them again. 

               I stepped forward and stared up at him “ Let them in for god's sake Lou now!”

      He rolled his eyes and then he started climbing down the ladder. He hopped down and landed in front of me. He moved closer to my face and stared at me with an intense glare. 
“ You aren’t in charge. I am and what I say goes. Now step back.”

                   I rolled my eyes and glared at him back. I looked up at Kade. “ Kade open the gate.”

                Lou quickly yelled up at him. “ Don’t you even fucking try Kade or I’ll skin your ass.”  

                Kade stared down at the both of us. “ Screw you Lou.” He then pulled on the lever with both his hands and after he struggled a bit. The gate opened. 

                     The gate opened to Noa and Kala. They were covered in blood and bruises and they were dressed in short skimpy black dresses and had makeup on. I stepped forward and I didn’t say anything and I embraced both of them in a hug. “ It’s good to see you guys.”

                    Noa nodded and she replied. “ It’s good to see you too.”

      I smiled and pulled away. But why were they here? “ But why are you 2 here?’

                   “ We escaped.” Kala replied quietly as she walked inside with Noa. Kade closed the gate and it closed with a loud bang.  

                Maybe I should tell them that Claire, Kolson, and Anais are alive? Should I? I would tell them later I guess. 

                      Lou pushed past me and he stared at them. “ You 2 escaped? And came here? You understand that Abaddon will probably start looking for you and if they find you here he will think we are fucking harboring you and punish us.”

                      “ We had nowhere to go. It was either keep running and get caught by Rotters or come here.” Noa replied as she glared at him. 

               Lou got visibly irritated and yelled.  “ You are putting everyone here at risk! Ever since you fucking people arrived trouble followed! Senna should have never allowed you assholes in here.”   

                     “ Lou shut up.” Kade yelled as he climbed down the ladder. 

       “ Kade shut up.” He shouted back at him. 

                      I rolled my eyes and walked over towards him. I was sick of his shit. I formed my fingers into a fist and punched him in the face hard. He fell back and clutched his now bleeding nose with his hand. He looked up at me with blood flowing down his face. “ You bitch.”

                 He quickly lunged at me and I moved to the side and dodged him. He tried going at me again but Kade and Alejandro held him back. “ Leave her alone.” Alejandro shouted as he pushed Lou away. 

               Lou tried fighting back but seeing he was outmatched he groaned and clutched his nose as he walked away. I sighed and looked at Kade and Alejandro. “ Thanks guys.”

                         “ Yeah you’re welcome.” Kade replied as he brushed off his jeans. He looked over at Noa and Kala. “ So you 2 escaped and Abaddon is probably looking for you 2 right now?”

                  Noa nodded her head in reluctance as she hugged Javier and Alejandro.  
“ Yeah…”

                 Kade sighed as he rubbed his forehead. “ We’ll find you a place to hide if they come here.”

                    Noa nodded again. “ Thank you Kade. Thank you so much.” 

      “ Don’t mention it.” He turned and looked at Marla. “ Marla, can you take them to Amir and Thiago’s house? I’m sure those 2 will know a good hiding place for them.” 

                  Marla nodded her head. “ Of course. Come on guys.” She put her hands on their backs and she walked with them towards the direction of Amir and Thiago’s house.   

                   Once they were out of sight I sighed and walked back over to Janet and Greta. 
“ This seems like it’ll be a problem.” Greta replied as she crossed her arms. 

                        “ I think so as well. If what Lou said is right those assholes will punish us if they discover we hid them and helped them.” I looked over at Janet. 

                     She said nothing and just stared ahead. I sighed again and then all of us heard the familiar sound of trucks outside the gate. They were here… I quickly moved past Janet and Greta and climbed up the ladder to the guard tower. I quickly gazed down and saw a convoy of around 5  trucks, the lead one was a big box truck and in the middle was a big blue tractor trailer. 

                 Both doors of the tractor trailer opened as it stopped. Abaddon stepped out with Rashida, and his right hand man Jaco. Oh the urge I had to control popping off one of them right now.  Then out stepped James and Gemma. Fucking traitors. The 5 of them along with a couple dozen henchmen stepped forward and they all looked up at me. 

                  Abaddon stared up at me with a blank face. He had a black uniform on and a revolver gripped tightly in his right hand. “ Open the gate now.”

                  I looked at him and then replied with a lie. “ What are you doing here? The supply pick up isn’t until next week.”

                 He groaned and yelled back. “ We are here to search. Search for my 2 wives who decided it would be fun to flee. Now open the fucking gate before I knock it down.”

                    I turned and walked over and reluctantly pulled the lever to the gate and it soon swung open allowing the convoy of trucks to drive inside. As soon as the last truck drove inside. I pulled the lever again and the gate shut with another big bang.   

               I walked over towards the ladder and looked down again. The trucks were now parking to the side and Abaddon stood at the bottom of the ladder. “ Come down.”

              I sighed and slowly stepped down and started climbing down the ladder. I hopped down and we made eye contact. “ Where are they?’

                     “ Where’s who?” I said, playing dumb. 

           He sighed. “ You know who. Noa and Kala are they here?”

                        I crossed my arms and stared at him. “ No. They aren’t here. This is probably the last place they would come.”

                      He rolled his eyes and turned around to his men. “ Search the entire goddamn town. Kill anyone who doesn’t cooperate.”

                      I stared at him again and had to resist the urge from grabbing my pistol. “ No. You don’t have to do that. We will cooperate.”

                   “ I’m not stupid. I know you people well now to know that you won’t.” He turned and looked at James. “ Keep an eye on her.”

                 “ Yes sir.” He said as he walked over to me. 

              I didn’t even give him a reaction and just stared at him for a moment and walked back over to Greta and Janet. None of us said anything to each other and we just watched as the Shadows started entering houses and forcing everyone out. 

                   Janet then leaned her head over and whispered in my ear.   “ If I had the chance I would pop James off right now along with all the other assholes here.”

                   I didn’t respond and just moved my head away and continued watching, and praying that they don’t find Noa and Kala.

James just stared at us with an emotionless expression. I just stared back at him and showed no emotion as well. Traitors, like Gemma was as well. Joining the assholes who killed Elijah and Jesse, and Xavier… 

                           I looked back over and saw Bruce come over towards us. He moved past me and Janet and stood over by Greta and put his arm around her shoulder. He then bent his head down and whispered to all of us.  “ This prick forced to watch us?’

               I nodded. “ Pretty much.”

                         “ Yeah. Still can’t believe he joined the shadows along with Gemma.” Greta said as she sighed and leaned on Bruce for support, 

                      Around half an hour passed of them tearing apart Clinton upside down looking for Noa and Kala. They were destroying everything. Ripping the furniture they threw out of homes and burning it. Bastards… 

                     “ They aren’t here!” Becky said as they dragged her by her and slammed her on the ground. 

                 After seeing that I quickly stepped forward. “ Leave her the hell alone!” 

      James stepped forward and he put his hand on my chest. “ Amani don’t interfere if you know what is good for you.”

                        I turned and looked at him. “ Screw you James.”   

        His face turned to one of anger and he pushed me back angrily. “ Get back.” He pulled his gun out of his holster and aimed it up at me. I heard everyone gasp as I stared down the barrel of his gun. 

                    “ Pull the trigger.” I said calmly as I put my hands up. 

           He stared at me and gripped his gun firmly. “ James! Put that damn gun down.” I heard Abaddon’s voice yell. He came walking over with Amir, Kade, Victor, Marla, Adeline, and Lou following after him.  

                     James quickly lowered his gun. “ Sorry sir.”

        Abaddon stared at him. “ Just step back.” James nodded and he stepped aside. Abaddon then turned to us and started speaking again. “ Well we turned your stupid little town upside down and didn't find anything. So I guess you assholes were telling the truth.” 

                  I sighed slightly in relief. They hadn’t found them, thank god. “ Now we are gonna get going.” Abaddon replied. 

                         He turned and started walking back towards his truck with Gemma, James, Jaco, and Rashida. “ Assholes.” Lou mumbled under his breath. 

                Abaddon stopped and he turned around to stare at Lou. “ What was that?”

       Lou quickly shut his mouth and made eye contact with him. “ Nothing.”

                    Abaddon sighed and he walked over and got closer to his face. “ So you calling us assholes was nothing?” He smiled and continued staring at him. 

                      “ I’m.” Lou gulped and swallowed. “ Sorry.” That was probably the first time I ever saw him scared. I felt worried now what Abaddon was gonna do next. Was he gonna kill him?

                “ Good. Takes balls to apologize. Not like you have any.” Abaddon then pulled out his pistol and he aimed the barrel up and pulled the trigger. The bullet immediately entered his head and he collapsed onto the ground with blood oozing out his forehead.  

                    Everyone of us gasped after what Abaddon had done. I heard Adeline start screaming as Victor shielded her in his arms from the sight. I looked over at Becky and she looked horrified. I had my mouth hung open in shock as Abaddon just stared back at us and he laughed. “ The guy was a prick anyway.” 

                    I quickly reached behind my back and pulled the pistol out of my pants and pulled the trigger. Abaddon looked toward my direction and he quickly ducked to the side. I stood there holding the gun and then I felt Rashida tackle me to the ground. I tried kicking her off. But she was too strong. She kicked the gun out of my hand and aimed my gun at her head. 

                   “ Your dead bitch.” She held her finger near the trigger. I sighed and didn’t even feel any fear. Just failure for failing to kill that prick. 

                Abaddon walked over towards me and kneeled down next to me. His face littered with anger. “ You tried to shoot me. Now what in the hell possessed you to think that was a bright idea?”

                       I just glared up at him. “ Who knows. Maybe I’m a woman with a death wish after you killed my brother.”

                   He laughed as he put his hands on his knees and stood up. “ Now since you did that. Someone else is gonna have to die like old Lou over there.”

                I quickly tried kicking Rashida off of me.  “ No, I tried to kill you. Kill me! Don’t hurt anyone else because of me!”

                  He rolled his eyes and walked away. He turned around and looked at James. 
“ Shoot one of these pricks.” 

                           James quickly pulled his pistol out again and fired it. The bullet soared through the air… And hit kade. “ No!” I yelled as I managed to kick Rashida off of me finally. “ It was me!” 

                    Rashida tackled me again and I didn’t care as I had my eyes overwhelmed with tears as I stared at Kades lifeless body. James had killed him. But my stupidity caused his death. No one I cared about was supposed to die! Only me and Abaddon! Not Kade.

                   “ You asshole!” I screamed as Abaddon walked back over towards me. He rolled his eyes and he pushed Rashida aside and pulled me up by my shirt collar. 

                    “ Where the fuck did you get that gun?” He stared me dead in the eye. 

           I stared at him and glared at him through my tear stained eyes. “ I found it.”

      He sighed. “ I don’t believe it. Now tell me where you got the fucking gun before I have James pop off someone else.”

                  “ It was me!” We heard someone say as Abaddon and I turned our heads to look. Greta.. She stood there near Abaddon. “ I gave her the gun.” No Greta… No, don't lie for me! No!  

                  “ Greta no!” Bruce shouted as he tried to rush to her. But James stood in front of him and held him back. “ Let me through, asshole!”

                     “ Don’t make me kill you Bruce.” James replied as he pushed him back.

                    “ She’s lying!” I yelled as Abaddon threw me down and walked towards her. 

     He ignored me and grabbed Greta forcefully.“ So you gave her the gun?”  

                        She kept her calm and she slowly nodded. “ Yes. I gave her the gun.”

             Abaddon's face turned into an amused expression. “ Did you? Well that’s great news.” He let go of her arm and he looked over at Rashida. “ Put her in the truck. We’re done here.” 

                   Rashida nodded her head and she walked past me and grabbed Greta’s arm and forcefully yanked her away towards the truck. “ No! She lied! Please!” I begged as I laid on the ground starting to cry. 

                   “ Let her go!” Bruce tried pushing past James. But James knocked him to the ground. 

                   “ Pleasure working with you guys. We’ll be back for supply pick up next week.” Abaddon flashed us all a cocky smile before he got in his truck and the rest of his men followed as they left afterwards. 

                           What the fuck had I done?  

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerĂ  anche

102 20 15
Blood? My wrist was covered in it. It wasn't dried up or reeked of the combination of that black gunk from all those other freaks. It was fresh and w...
5.3K 653 36
In a world where the dead started walking, few people inherited traits that were considered peculiar. Once bitten, they'll turn, not as infected, but...
3.2K 375 51
Two girls fighting for survival, in a destroyed world. A world where people eat each other and are beyond recognition. Can they trust each other? wil...
732 175 25
This story is an outcome of a drastically declining future. When humanity was completely lost and there was no one left on Earth taking care for it o...