DESTINED

Από parkkim_fics

Love is different for everyone...let's see what happens when two hopeless romantic best friends find their fo... Περισσότερα

Characters
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.

30.

28 1 0
Από parkkim_fics

I reached home, parked the car, and walked towards the main gate. To my surprise, my brother was already there, engaged in a phone call.

I approached him and stood beside him, clearing my throat to get his attention.

He turned, and a wide grin spread across his face as he jumped up to hug me tightly.

I laughed and returned the embrace, teasing him to chill.

"We met after literally 4 years. I missed you, bhai!" he exclaimed like an excited child.

I patted his back and chuckled.

"How long have you been standing here?" I asked.

"I just arrived and was trying to call you, but you weren't picking up," he replied.

My brother and I have always been close, given our parents' busy schedules.

He's five years younger, practically a kid to me, and he acts like one.

"Okay, now get off me. Let's get inside," I said, and he laughed, releasing the hug.

"By the way, I have a surprise for you," he said with the same grin.

"What is it?" I asked, smiling as we walked inside.

"You'll know when they arrive," he replied cryptically.

I looked at him confused but shrugged, knowing he wouldn't spill the beans right away.

He headed to another room to freshen up, while I went to mine, desperately in need of a cold shower with my head still pounding.

After 15 minutes, I walked out, and Arush was still in his room.

I headed to the kitchen, deciding to cook something for both of us.

Before starting, I called Shreesha to check on her.

"Hello," she answered promptly.

"Hey, how are you feeling now?" I asked with concern.

"Yeah, I'm better now. Just had some painkillers, and we are currently watching a movie," she replied.

"Okay, enjoy then. Call me if you need anything," I said.

"Yeah, and by the way, did your brother arrive?" she asked.

"Yeah, he did half an hour ago. He's freshening up, and I thought of cooking something for both of us," I answered.

Leaning against the counter, a smile lingering on my face, she continued, "Okay, enjoy yourself and spend some time with him. I know how much you missed him."

"Yeah," I replied, chuckling.

"Okay, bye. I'll call you later. Love you," she said.

"Love you too," I replied, hanging up. Suddenly, I heard a clearing of the throat from behind.

I turned around to see Arush leaning in the doorframe of the kitchen.

"Who was it?" he asked, squinting suspiciously.

"Uh, actually... my girlfriend," I answered, scratching the back of my neck.

"WHAT!" he exclaimed, walking towards me with fast steps.

"You got a GIRLFRIEND and didn't tell ME!"

"I was about to tell you," I said calmly.

"No, you didn't even say a single thing about it. You should have at least mentioned it on the call," he exclaimed, crossing his arms.

"I was about to tell you; it hasn't been that long," I said, trying to calm him.

"Okay, tell me. How long has it been?" he asked with a straight face.

"Eight months. I've been dating her for 5 months, and I first saw her eight months ago," I answered.

He grinned and asked, "Please elaborate," taking a seat on the counter as I walked towards the cabinets to get the ingredients.

"You remember Sanketh?" I asked. He nodded.

"She is his cousin. I first saw her at his wedding, and from that time, I was somewhat attached to her. After convincing him for about two months, he finally agreed to set me up on a date with her," I explained.

Arush was so interested that he didn't even blink.

I told him everything about her and us, and he was surprised to know all the details.

"Whoa, I want to meet her. Please," he requested.

"Sure, why not? I'll call her one day," I said while chopping vegetables.

"No! Invite her for dinner tonight. Also, some guests are coming, so it will be fun," he grinned.

"You still didn't tell me who is coming," I asked him.

"Have patience, bhai. They might arrive by evening," he answered, shrugging.

I let it slide as we continued talking about our lives, his college experiences, and more.

The afternoon passed with us chatting about our work, and studies, playing some games, and enjoying lunch together. 

I had already informed Shreesha about our dinner plans tonight, and she insisted on arriving earlier to help me. 

I headed to Ayansh's house early in the evening, planning to help with preparations and spend some time getting to know his brother.

Upon reaching, I parked my car and walked to the main door with flowers and chocolates in hand, opting for chocolates since I wasn't sure what to bring.

After waiting for about five minutes, the door finally opened, revealing Ayansh's brother.

"Hey," he greeted excitedly.

"Hi," I greeted back with a smile.

"Shreesha, right?" he asked.

"Yeah, and you must be Arush. I've seen your photos," I said awkwardly, as Ayansh never stopped talking about him. Although we hadn't spoken before, I did know who he was.

"Yeah, please come inside," Arush said, fully opening the door and making way for me.

I smiled and entered, offering a small thanks.

"You look beautiful. How did you like my bhai then?" Arush asked as he walked behind me after closing the door.

I laughed at his comment. "What do you mean, am I ugly?" Ayansh entered the scene, wearing a black t-shirt and grey sweats, spatula in hand

What a husband material!

"Yes," Arush agreed from behind, prompting more laughter.

Ayansh took some faster steps towards him.

Arush ran towards me and snatching the chocolates from my hand.

"Are those for me?" he asked, smoothly changing the topic.

"Yeah," I said, chuckling. I looked back at Ayansh, and if looks could kill, Arush would have been dead by now.

"Did you just ignore me?" Ayansh felt betrayed, but Arush effortlessly ignored him, enjoying his chocolates.

"You—"

"Bhai," he said, cutting him off, and walked towards Ayansh. Placing his hand on Ayansh's shoulder, he looked at him with a serious expression.

I looked at them, confused.

"Gian hai app," Arush suddenly said, making me burst into laughter. Arush laughed too, holding his stomach, while Ayansh looked at him with a mix of betrayal and confusion.

"Huh?"

"G-gian," Ayansh said with an unbearable expression. I regretted not recording it.

"That was good, okay," I said, giving a thumbs up to Arush and wiping away tears from laughing too much.

Ayansh just gave us a blank stare and left for the kitchen.

While Arush and I continued making fun of him, I found Arush to be a fun guy.

It made me wonder how Ayansh and Arush, being so different, could be brothers.

After talking and laughing for a while, Arush went to take a call while I walked to the kitchen.

I entered the kitchen to find Ayansh done with the cooking, taking the dishes to the dining table.

"Do you need any help?" I asked, walking towards him.

"No, it's okay. You go and laugh with him," he said, pretending to ignore me.

"Huh, did you just ignore me?" I pointed at him, squinting my eyes.

"No, baby, I didn't," he said sarcastically, still doing whatever he was doing.

He looked cute when he was angry.

Smiling, I walked behind him and hugged him.

"Now, are you still ignoring me?" I mumbled.

He relaxed in my hold, setting the container aside. He held my hands, turned around, and hugged me fully, nuzzling into my neck.

"What happened?" I asked, soothing his back.

He just shook his head, pulling me closer.

"You should change; you're sweaty," I said softly.

He didn't say anything, exhaling heavily and backing away from the hug, his hands still holding my waist.

Looking at him, I realized he must be tired after yesterday's events and now all this.

I held his face, pulling him closer while he reciprocated.

"Are you tired?" he nodded.

"I'm sorry; I should have helped you," I said, feeling guilty.

"No, it's okay. I'm feeling better now after having you close to me," he said.

I smiled and leaned in for a kiss, which he gladly accepted.

After a good moment, we backed away. I caressed the back of his neck, and he stared at me lovingly.

"Go and change; I'll set the table," I said.

He nodded, pecked my forehead, and walked out of the kitchen.

Smiling, I completed the remaining work, and Arush joined me, insisting on helping.

We were engrossed in our tasks when we heard the doorbell.

"I'll see," Arush excitedly said, walking out of the kitchen while I stayed there.

I heard Ayansh's voice followed by some elderly women. Curious, I walked out to see Ayansh hugging an elderly woman while Arush was talking to a man beside her.

Their faces weren't visible, but the voices felt familiar.

I walked forward when Ayansh noticed me.

"Oh, and yes, let me introduce you to someone special," he said, walking forward and taking my hand.

"This is Shreesha, my girlfriend, and Shree, these are Mr. & Mrs. Tomer, my dad's best friends and also the one who practically raised us," he introduced.

I froze in place, looking at the people in front of me.

Never in my life I thought, I would meet him again—Preetam Tomer, my worst nightmare.

WORD COUNT:1540

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

4.3K 160 22
One cold hearted, emotionless king and the other soft, caring, kind- hearted, bubbly girl both having a very dark past deep inside them. When these t...
The Royal Knot Από Sam<3

Ρομαντική

46K 3.1K 20
"To Indian royalty, where duty binds in arranged unions, yet love awaits." What will happen when these two will be tied in a bond for forever?!
558 14 34
Two young entrepreneurs fall inlove in an arranged marriage. Things get tough when the truth about one of their successes is revealed and puts one of...
85.7K 5.2K 52
A night will change the life of two unknown people....... How destiny will bring them together...... and how they become each other's reasons of exis...