Her Forever Valentine

By TheGheauxstWriter

"Damn. Hasn't even been that long and you got a whole rock on your finger now, huh?" "...What are you doing h... More

love, Gheauxst
00 |
01 | good morning
02 | good night
03 | the invite
04 | pop ups (pt. III)
05 | the bearer of love
06 | permanent
07 | full house
08 | favours
09 | lil' red
10 | a problem
11 | blood
12 | pandora's box
13 | a thing for z's
14 | baggage claim
16 | chasing waterfalls
17 | rifts and shifts

15 | red eye

14.2K 840 642
By TheGheauxstWriter

Omniscient
[ thurs, nov 23rd 2:22 PM ]
Jamaica 🏝️

The group of friends walked through the automatic sliding doors of Norman Manley International Airport in Kingston, Jamaica, wiping the sleep crumbs from their tired eyes and rolling their designer suitcases alongside them.

All of the women were quick to shed layers of their clothing; immediately allowing their skin to soak up the warm, Caribbean sunshine, and cool breeze that the island had to offer.

"Welcome ah Jamaica!"

A lanky man stood by the pick up lanes of the airport, holding a paper sign that read 'The Valentine Party' in thick handwriting.

His faded blue jeans were cut off at the knee, and there was a fresh pair of chestnut coloured Clarks on his feet. The mesh shirt that sat snug on his torso, displayed the country's national colours of black, green and gold.

"Mi name ah Seymour." He gave them a head nod in greeting, before folding up the sign into small squares and shoving it into his back pocket. "Mi ago be yuh tour guide 'round dis beautiful paradise."

"Watta gwan, brej-rin?" Demetrius happily shook his hand. "Yuh bless up?"

Trinity playfully rolled her eyes and the others muffled their laughter at Demetrius' poor attempt to speak patois.

"Yes, boss." Seymour gave him a bright smile. "Mi deh yah. Just a wait fi unnuh."

After introducing themselves to Seymour, the group helped him pack their luggage into the back of the black sprinter van that would be transporting them to their home for the next four days, and four nights.

"Unnuh 'ave a safe flight?" Seymour asked as he peeled out of the parking lot.

He held his hand down on the horn as he overtook other cars and bicyclists, skillfully navigating traffic as he drove on the paved roads which weaved through the mountainous, bumpy terrain.

Every woman held tightly onto their boyfriends, a little bit weary of how fast he was driving on the narrow lane ways with many sharp turns and twists.

"Nigga, can you focus on getting us to the house safe?" Phoenyx said grumpily from the back, gripping onto the seat in front of him for stability.

"Nuh worry." Seymour laughed. "Mi one ah di best drivah pon di island. Mi wi mek sure unnuh reach safe, yuh hear?"

"Yeah, whatever." Phoenyx scoffed. "Heard you."

"Um, why are you being so mean?" Indigo hissed, nudging Phoenyx who was sitting beside her and Roxanne. "Stop it."

"He been in a bad mood since we boarded the plane." Ace slightly turned his body around so that he could look at him. "You good?"

"Yeah, nigga." Demetrius mugged Phoenyx. "We in Jamaica. Better cheer the fuck up."

Phoenyx waved them off, "I'm straight."

Ace shrugged and faced forward, shifting his body closer to his girlfriend who was cuddled next to him in the leather seat.

Zolina was busy admiring the sandy beaches and lush rolling hills in the distance that zoomed passed the van's windows in a blur; earthy greens and blues blended together in her eyes like they would satisfyingly on a canvas.

The drive took them out of the country's bustling capital and through the popular cities of Portmore and Spanish Town.

Seymour rolled slowly by local pedestrians who filled the streets of the markets, lined up in front of vendors who were chanting out creative jingles to sell everything from freshly cooked food, to handmade jewelry and household items like rags.

Almost two hours later, they had crossed over into Saint Ann's; the largest and most popular parish in Jamaica for tourists. It was the birth place of Bob Marley, and home to the famous Dunn's River Falls.

"Unnuh really pick di best district fi visit." Seymour drummed his fingers along the steering wheel. "Nuff tings fi see."

After making a right into a curved driveway, he put the van in park and watched as the group of friends tumbled out of it to stare in awe at the 4000 square foot private villa before them.

It was a cliffside three-story home, that was perched right on a rock ledge above the sea. A manicured lawn with a scattered stone walkway stretched around the circumference, along with royal palm trees and colourful flowering plants.

"Damn, Ace..." Lucas took off his Burberry sunglasses to get a better look. "You really went all out, huh?"

Miracle held a hand to her chest, "I wonder what the fuck the inside looks like."

A young woman walked through the entryway of the home, dressed in a white blouse and dress pants. Her hair was pulled back into a slick bun, and she held a small clipboard in her hands.

Two men came out shortly after and went over to the pile of luggage, hoisting them into their arms as they carried them into the house.

"Hello. Mi name Elaine, and welcome tuh di town ah Runaway Bay." She introduced herself with a wide smile. "Mi ago be yuh yaad attendant fi di duration ah yuh stay."

She looked around at all of their faces as they each gave her a friendly greeting.

"Mi tink there did suppose fi be ten ah yuh?" Elaine asked, doing a quick head count.

"Uh, yeah. My sister was supposed to be here, but she couldn't make it." Ace told her.

Phoenyx let out a low huff unthinkingly. He played it off and checked his phone, but got even more irritated when he saw that the text messages he had last sent were left on read.

"Nuh worry." Elaine turned back to the entrance, gesturing for them to follow. "Let mi gi yuh di tour ah di lovely Hidden Bay Villa, an' get yuh settle."

The villa had an open concept with a beautiful wrap-around veranda. Large windows stretched to allow an abundance of natural light to flood into each of the rooms, highlighting the neutral toned decor and wood furnishings.

The living area was built in the centre of the main floor, connecting to a dining room and fully stocked kitchen with expensive, commercial grade stainless steel appliances.

Elaine lead them through a sliding door that opened up to a terrace and the backyard, which was just as breathtaking as the inside of the house.

Different seating areas were dotted along the grassy perimeter for lounging or tanning, and around a large fire pit in the middle of the lawn.

Tucked a few feet away from the main house, slightly hidden by a row of manicured bushes, was a 1500 square foot cottage with two bedrooms.

"There's place fi yuh tuh cook an' eat out here, too." Elaine gestured to the outdoor cooking area and fully equipped bar. "Di pool is tuh yuh right, but di best ting bout dis villa in my opinion, is di beautiful view offa di cliff. An' di fact dat unnuh 'ave yuh own private beach."

Across the lawn, there was a wooden deck perched in the sand that stretched over the water. It was supported by a stone staircase with steps that dipped right into the fresh ocean.

"Unnuh 'ave a full staff— myself included— dat ago maintain di upkeep of di home. Laundry pick up ah each evening, an' yuh rooms wi clean midday." Elaine explained.

"Chef Delroy serve breakfast each mawnin at 10:00 AM, dinna at 6:00 PM. Yuh already familiar wid Seymour; yuh tour guide 'round di island."

Elaine walked them back into the house, where additional staff members were waiting to say hello to their new guests. There were two chefs, three housekeepers, a laundress and a gardener.

"Now, di lowwa floor inna di villa 'ave two large rooms widda shared living space. Main floor 'ave two separate wings." Elaine pointed in two opposite directions. "One tuh di right, one pon yuh left. Di whole uppa level ah di complete masta suite. Unnuh cyan decide weh yuh would like fi be, an' di staff will bring yuh each yuh bags."

"I got the guest house." Phoenyx chucked up his deuces, walking away from the group and towards the private cottage.

Having no doubt on who the master suite would be going to, Indigo took the lower level with Roxanne, and the twins each took a wing on the main floor with their boyfriends.

The couples all paired off so that they could get settled into their own spaces, and unwind before the dinner that was scheduled in an hour.

Zolina and Ace walked up the cool marble steps that lead to their room. The master suite had its own foyer with plush, cream coloured couches and a flat screen TV. There was a slender, iron dining table for two, and a kitchenette with a mini fridge.

A pair of glass double doors opened up to the bedroom, and Zolina's eyes were immediately drawn to the king sized bed that was covered in different flower bouquets, bound together by white ribbons.

Roses, sunflowers and tulips added a splash of colour to the room and brought a smile to her face.

"It ain't like Frankie's..." Ace stood beside her, kissing her dimples as soon as they made an appearance. "But I think they did aight."

"They're perfect." Zolina picked up the sunflowers and examined their bright petals. "Do all the rooms come with flowers like these?"

"Nah. These just for you."

She blushed and thanked him for the gesture, watching as he went to answer a knock on their door. Seymour and another staff member had brought up their luggage and a complimentary platter of fruits, cheese, fine crackers and fresh buns.

While Ace was handling bringing their bags into the walk-in closet attached to the master bath, Zolina stepped out onto their room's balcony and found herself eye level with the tops of palm trees.

"Wow."

She took a deep breath of tropical air and released all of the tension that had been building up inside of her for the last couple of weeks, letting the warm, soft breeze caress her skin and carry it away.

Ace silently watched her for a few minutes, giving her some time to take everything in.

The trip to Jamaica wasn't something that was meant to solve her problems, or to be a place to run away from them. He just wanted to be able to give her mind a little bit of relief.

Even if it was only temporary.

"So?" Ace walked up behind her and put his hands on her hips, rubbing small circles against them. "What you think?"

"It's so damn beautiful here." She sighed happily and leaned into him. "Can we stay forever?"

He chuckled and kissed her shoulder, "You got a whole gallery to run. But we can make it a regular thing. You deserve it."

Zolina spun around in his hold, taking his sunglasses off and tossing them onto the lounge chair in the corner.

She ran her fingers across his thick eyebrows and down his jawline, admiring his strong features that only seemed to soften whenever he looked at her.

"You really rented out this whole house for just me and you?" She wondered, playing with the ends of his freshly done cornrows.

"Yeah." Ace said, unashamed, taking a handful of her ass. "And I was gon' fuck you in every inch of it."

Zolina's mind clouded with lust as she thought about all of the rooms in the house. All of the multiple positions that Ace would need to put her in to accommodate each of the different nooks and crannies.

He frowned when she took a step away from him, until he saw her start to undo the buttons of her jean shorts.

"Starting right here?" She let them fall to her ankles, watching as his dick print got even bigger in his basketball shorts. "Right now?"

Ace licked over his lips, "That's how you feeling?"

Zolina responded by pulling her crop top over her head, her nipples hardening from the wind that blew against her skin. Her hands lowered again, getting ready to pull off her g-string next.

"Ay, hol' up, Lina." Ace grabbed at her hands.

He looked around to see if anyone was watching, but it was only them, and nature. The master suite in the Hidden Bay Villa gave them the ultimate privacy— even on the balcony.

She raised her eyebrows at him, "Are you telling me no?"

"Nah, Baby." Ace shook his head. "Never."

Tilting her chin up with his index and thumb, he put his lips on hers; the soft and simple contact making Zolina let out a moan of satisfaction. He sucked on her bottom lip, before pressing another soft kiss to the corner of her mouth.

Turning her body around, he moved her long braids out of the way so that he could lay more kisses down the nape of her neck.

His fingers teasingly brushed over her underwear before moving upwards, feeling her melt into him as he massaged her bare breasts.

"Grayson." She pleaded, pressing her ass into him as he gently pinched her nipples.

Ace dragged his lips up to her ear, "Bend over."

He walked them closer to the railing of the balcony and took Zolina's hands, reaching them out in front of her so that she could hold on to the metal.

He closed his fists over hers, feeling the details of her paintbrush ring and thinking of the day that he would be adding another piece of jewelry to her left hand.

"Grip this tight, aight?"

She shut her eyes at the sound of his deep voice, holding tightly onto the railing as she bent forward for him and created the perfect arch.

"Can't hear you." Ace said, his warm mouth trailing down her body.

She looked back, watching as he got down on his knees behind her, "I will."

He pulled her g-string to the side and spread her open, seeing that she was already dripping.

Darting out his tongue, he moved the juices up to her clit and circled it around the lips of her pussy. Ace furrowed his brows, always thrown off by how good she tasted.

Zolina hissed and held the railing tighter, trying to keep her legs straight as he continued to lick and suck. He wanted to keep going until she was finished, but the nagging throb in his boxers needed to feel her cumming around his dick instead.

Giving her pussy one last kiss, he stood up and pulled his shorts down.

"You gon' grip this tight for me, too, right?" He asked, his fingers rubbing out the pulsing ache that he had created between her thighs.

"Of course, Baby." She said, craving him more and more as the seconds passed by.

He smiled, "Thank you, Mama."

Ace put one hand on her waist to hold her in place, while the other pressed his dick against her. He applied pressure, coating himself in her wetness before slowly sliding inside and listening to her gasp.

When his pelvis touched her ass, he threw his head back.

He blew out a shaky breath, "Damn, Z."

Almost all of his experiences with Zolina felt like the first time. Like the first high from his own personal drug supply that he had unknowingly been addicted to from the moment he laid eyes on her.

Zolina was doing just as he asked, clenching herself tightly around him while he was buried deep inside of her.

She could easily cum; all of her senses were overloaded from just being filled up with him. From listening to his groans and the changes in his breathing pattern.

She jerked forward when he slapped her ass, releasing a long, whining moan that turned into a soft whimper when he quickly massaged at the tingling skin. He dug his fingers into her sides and started to move in and out of her at a steady pace.

Ace looked down, relishing in the view of his dick smoothly disappearing into her each time. He collected the braids that had fallen over her shoulder and tugged at them gently, lifting her head up.

"Oh." She moaned, deepening her arch while he thrusted harder into her. "Grayson."

"I'm listening." He told her, leaning forward to kiss her back. "Lemme hear you."

"I love the way you fuck me." She started to throw it back, hearing their bodies connect like thunder. Feeling his dick twitch during a long stroke deep inside of her. "That feels so good."

"That's all I want, Lina; for you to feel good. You so beautiful, you know that, right?" He complimented, the sound of her pussy getting louder from his words. "So fuckin' wet. Shit."

He let go of her hair and wrapped his arm around her waist, pulling her up so that she was now pressed against his chest. Zolina's body tensed, preparing itself for the orgasm that was about to rush through it.

"See that sunset?" He held her jaw up to the view ahead of them, sucking on the skin just below her ear. "Hm? Them crystal blue waters?"

Her vision was blurry from the tears that he was fucking out of her, and she had to blink a couple of times to bring everything into focus.

The sun was rushing to meet the horizon; becoming one with the sea as the deep orange and purple tints dripped down from the sky and into the water.

"Yes." She moaned loudly. "It's so pretty."

Ace kissed her cheek, "Pretty views for my pretty girl."

"You gonna cum for your pretty girl?" She asked, turning her head to give him a sloppy kiss.

Ace shut his eyes, feeling himself on the verge of release. He wanted to tell Zolina to cum first— like always— but he couldn't manage to get the words out.

"Cum in me, Baby." Her soft voice floated up to his ear, as she ran her tongue across his lips. "Please?"

He dropped his head into the crook of her neck, cursing against her skin as he lost the battle and painted her inner walls. Zolina's pussy started squeezing around him seconds later, and he held her closely as her body trembled in his arms.

They didn't let go of each other, swaying and listening to their heavy breaths that were in sync— along with their pounding hearts.

"I love you." They said.

***

[ 5:42 PM ]

After taking a shower together to save time, Ace and Zolina started to get ready for their dinner that was scheduled to start in 15 minutes.

She stood in the bathroom, lining up her toiletries on the marble His And Hers vanity, before zipping open a pouch and taking inventory of her medication.

Her birth control, a few Plan B's, sleeping medication and pain pills were all accounted for.

The only thing missing was her anxiety medication.

She went into the attached walk-in closet and searched through the side pockets of her open luggage, then double checked her carry-on. But they were nowhere to be found.

"Damn it." She whispered to herself, not wanting to make Ace aware that she was stressing out.

But just like he had said; his emotions were tied to hers. That, or he had super hearing, because he strolled into the bathroom moments later.

"Where you at, Lil' Baby?"

"I'm here." Zolina came out of the closet and resumed getting ready.

She dipped her mascara wand into the tube of black ink a few times, before she started to apply a thin layer to her lashes.

Standing a few steps away, Ace watched her through the large mirror lined with an illuminated LED border, noticing that she was purposely avoiding his eyes.

He waited patiently for her to twist the wand back into the tube, before he asked:

"What's wrong?"

Zolina sighed, "How do you know me so well?"

He shrugged, "'Cause you my heart. Wussup?"

"I think I forgot my anxiety meds." Picking up her liquid blush, she quickly rubbed a few drops into her cheeks. "Or lost them? I don't know."

Ace glanced down at all of the pill bottles that were laid out on the sink's counter, before he went into the closet to check his own luggage.

He thought that maybe she could have packed them with his stuff by mistake, but they weren't there either.

"You feeling aight?" He asked, coming back into the bathroom.

"Yeah... Right now." She put her hair into a messy half-up, half-down style, leaving a few braids loose around her face. "But you never know."

"How 'bout you just focus on right now?" He said. "Where we at. Who we with. Can you do that for me? For you?"

"Yeah." Her lips curved upwards as he kissed her forehead. "I can do that."

Zolina wasn't exactly stressed out about experiencing a panic attack while she was on vacation. What did her concern her, though, was what her therapist had warned her about.

The possibility of experiencing withdrawal from not taking the medication for four days.

But instead of worrying her boyfriend with that fact, she pushed the thought to the back of her mind.

"You look nice." She dabbed some lip balm on her lips and took a good look at his outfit.

Ace was wearing a silk, short-sleeve dress shirt, with the first few cream-coloured buttons undone. The deep shade of burnt orange complimented his skin nicely, along with the heavy Cuban chain around his neck.

One of his hands were tucked into the pocket of his white linen shorts, as he gazed at her through his clear frames.

"Yeah?" He gave her a lazy smirk, watching her nod and bite her lip. "Thank you, Ma. So do you."

Zolina rolled her eyes, "I'm in a towel."

He nodded, "Exactly. And you still look fine as fuck."

Ace picked her up swiftly, throwing her over his shoulder and making her squeal. He walked her over to the small wicker chair that was placed against the far wall in the bathroom, tugging her towel off before he sat her down.

"Grayson." She warned, watching him crouch down in front of her.

"Yes, Lina?" He moved his head forward and gave the small tattoo on her abdomen a wet kiss, rendering her silent.

He started massaging her thighs, looking at their contrast in skin. His fair and covered in inked words and artwork. Hers a smooth, deeper brown with only a few tattoos and zero imperfections.

Ace knew that she would probably argue against that; claim that the few scars she gained had tainted her beauty. But he thought the opposite.

With the pad of his thumb, he traced over the faded mark on her side. It was a constant reminder to never hold back with her again.

A groan fell from his lips as he put her legs over his shoulders and kissed up the soft skin, her sweet scent drowning him in pure bliss.

"How come you so quiet now?" He asked, watching her stomach raise and fall with each breath. "Talk to me, Mama."

Her eyes were low, "Babe... The dinner's in five minutes..."

"Mhm." He leaned down and kissed her clit, seeing her shudder. "My dinner's right here, though."

***

[ 8:12 PM ]

"This is why I will always say that American's have zero food culture."

For their first meal in Jamaica, the group decided to take advantage of their outdoor dining area. The long wooden table had already been preset with plates, cutlery, napkins, and a large vase filled with a tropical flower arrangement was placed in the centre.

The warm afternoon had tapered off into a cool evening, and the smell of home cooked Caribbean foods danced through the air around them.

Their personal chef had prepared an array of dishes in a buffet style setting, allowing them to try what they wanted.

"You buggin', Indi." Demetrius argued. "America has cultural foods."

"Oh, really?" Indigo raised her eyebrows. "Like what?"

"What you mean?" He frowned. "That jambalaya shit."

Indigo stale-faced him, "Nigga. Seriously?"

"I mean, NOLA got gumbo." Roxanne pointed out, sipping on her carrot juice through a straw.

"There's also southern food. Corn bread, collards, grits." Trinity listed off.

Ace nodded, "All the stuff we get from Aunt May's."

"Shout out to Aunt May's, but... That food isn't hitting like this." Lucas looked down at his plate. "What's this stuff right here called again?"

"Ackee and saltfish." Miracle told him.

Lucas pointed to something else, "And this bread stuff?"

Miracle giggled, "That's breadfruit, Babe."

Lucas took another big bite, "Amazing."

"Ay, yo, Delroy." Demetrius called out to their personal chef, who had already started to prep for their breakfast in the morning. "You did yo' thing with this. Big up yuhself."

"This nigga have a patois handbook or something?" Miracle whispered to her sister.

Chef Delroy smiled, "Respect, boss."

Zolina walked away from the serving table with another plate full of rice and peas and oxtail, taking her seat beside Ace.

He rested his head on her shoulder, "Gimme some."

"No." She pulled her plate and bottle of rum cream closer to her. "Get your own."

"Damn." He chuckled and lifted his head. "I can't have a little bite?"

She shovelled a spoonful of rice into her mouth, "Nope."

"You eating again, Twin?" Demetrius asked, stretching his neck over the table to look at Zolina. "Ain't that like yo' third plate, or sum'n?"

"So?" She frowned. "What are you trying to say?"

"Yeah, nigga." Ace put his arm around his girlfriend, coming to her defence. "What you tryna say?"

"Shittt... Nothing, my bad." Demetrius put his hands up in the air, a small grin on his face. "Just reminds me of TrinTrin's appetite when she was—"

Trinity slapped Demetrius on the back of his neck before he could finish his sentence.

"Ow!" Demetrius jumped from the impact. "Forreal, Mamas? That shit stung."

"Hey, Seymour?" Trinity ignored her boyfriend's complaint, calling out to their tour guide who was sitting at the far end of the table.

After their long drive in from the airport, they had decided to invite him to stay for dinner.

"Miss?" He answered politely.

"Are you taking us anywhere tonight?" Trinity wondered.

"I've been reading up on the Green Grotto Caves." Roxanne suggested. "Y'all wanna go?"

She unlocked her phone and looked through her notes section where she had listed different places that would be great to visit while in Jamaica.

The Green Grotto had gained its name from the algae that used to be coated on the inside of the limestone cave, and its underground lake.

"Mi sorry, Miss." Seymour shook his head. "Dat attraction only open fi tour inna di daytime, but mi 'ave plenty tings planned fi tomorrow."

"You can't make an exception for us?" Miracle pouted. "Please?"

"Yeah, please?" Trinity chimed in.

Demetrius shook his head, "Y'all gon' get this man in trouble."

Zolina tuned out of the conversation at the table, looking across the lawn to see that Phoenyx was sitting alone, staring out at the now dark waters.

"You think Nyx is okay?" She asked her boyfriend.

Ace peered over at his best friend and sighed, "I think so. He gets in these moods sometimes. Prolly just shit to do with his workers."

Zolina rose from her seat, "I'm gonna go talk to him."

"I'on know, Z..." Ace said hesitantly. "Nyx a stone wall."

She shrugged, "So were you. I broke you down, didn't I?"

Ace tucked his lips, unable to argue with her point. He watched her walk towards Phoenyx, who had just finished sealing his blunt. He held the flame of his lighter to one end until it was lit, before he took a big inhale.

He was so focused on reading through old texts in his phone, that he hadn't noticed Zolina sit down beside him.

"Hey, Bro." She said softly, getting comfortable on a chair beside him.

Phoenyx tucked his phone away in his pocket and turned his head so that he didn't blow any weed smoke in her face.

"Wussup, Sis. You good?"

She nodded, nervously playing with her hands that were in her lap.

Phoenyx narrowed his eyes before reaching over to lift her head up, "You sure?"

"I'm sure." Zolina chuckled. "I just— Are you good?"

Phoenyx nodded, "As long as you are."

Zolina's heart warmed at his words, "Thank you."

"For what?" Phoenyx asked, confused.

"Everything. I've never really said it out loud, but you've been the best brother to me." She expressed. "So, thank you. Seriously."

"It ain't nothing." Phoenyx reassured her. "You my family for life, Zo. You know I got you."

After meeting her biological brother, Zorion, Zolina started to analyze her relationship with her boyfriend's best friend.

She had a great bond with Demetrius, too, but she naturally felt closer to Phoenyx. From the first night that they had met each other, to him making sure that Ace got his act together; he had always been in her corner.

Every now and then she would recall conversations from when she was in a coma. Phoenyx letting her know that he took care of the shooters that hurt her held a permanent spot in her mind.

She decided against telling him that she knew, though; figuring that it was a secret best kept between him and her unconscious self.

"What?" Phoenyx looked over at her, making her realize that she was staring at him. "Why you grillin' me?"

"Because. I dunno. You just seem..." Zolina trailed off. "Down. Ever since we got here. Like you're in a bad mood."

"Nah." Phoenyx answered quickly, taking another hit of his blunt. "I'm straight."

"You know you can talk to me, right?" She told him. "About anything?"

When he didn't answer her, she tried her best to lighten the mood.

"Are you upset because you're the..." She counted on her fingers. "The ninth wheel?"

"The what?" Phoenyx broke out into laughter. "Ay, yo. How many of those rum creams you drink tonight?"

Zolina punched him lightly, "Shut up."

Phoenyx winced jokingly, "Chill out, Slugger."

"I'm just saying." Zolina looked over at their laughing group of friends. "With the four couples, and all—"

Phoenyx shook his head, "That shit never bothered me, Zo. I'm happy for all y'all."

"Well... What about Nycki?" Zolina pressed.

"Who? Yo' assistant?" Phoenyx feigned ignorance, playing with the lighter in his hand. "What about her?"

"I'm not stupid, Nyx." Zolina crossed her arms. "I see how y'all look at each other."

Phoenyx scoffed, "That mean I gotta bring her on vacation?"

"No... But I mean, you could have." Zolina shrugged. "Nycki is cool people."

"She is." Phoenyx agreed. "But it ain't like that."

Zolina had heard that same statement thrown around so many times in the past, that not only did it trigger her, but she also didn't believe him.

"I know the group has been bugging you about it, and it's probably annoying for me to ask—" Zolina paused, worried about how he would react to her question. "But do you ever think about, y'know... Settling down with someone?"

Phoenyx slouched in the lounge chair, tossing around Zolina's question in his mind.

He leaned back and looked up at the night sky that was dotted with hundreds of stars. Being away from all of the city lights had made them more visible. Even the smallest ones shone brightly.

"Sometimes." He answered after a while, his voice quiet. "Yeah."

"So, if it's not like that with Nycki..." Zolina studied him. "Is it like that with someone else?"

Phoenyx was certain that he saw her coming before anyone else did. A bright flame of red in his peripheral vision that had the power to heat up his entire body.

She walked through the back doors of the villa with her luggage dragging behind her, and the hood of her cropped sweatshirt pulled over her locs. His body instantly straightened up in the chair, while his eyes briefly locked with hers.

"Ay, where the party at?!" Gwendolyn yelled out.

She dropped her bags and held her arms in the air as she approached the dining table.

"Girls is on the way, where the Bacardi at?!" The women sang out, getting up to tackle her with hugs.

"Gwen!" Zolina hopped up, leaving Phoenyx and their conversation behind as she rushed over to her. "You came!"

"After six straight hours on a back piece, I figured why not." Gwendolyn blew out a breath and smiled before looking over at the men. "Hey, y'all."

Ace stood up and hugged his sister, "Yo' flight was aight? How much was it? Lemme send you sum'n."

"I can pay for my own flight, Bro. Damn. I'm starving, though, and it smells amazing out here." Gwendolyn peeked around, seeing that the chef was cleaning up his station. "Please tell me there's some food left?"

"There should be... If Twin ain't eat it all." Demetrius said under his breath.

"Really, Meech?" Zolina pouted at him. "I'm not allowed to eat nice?"

Demetrius laughed nervously, seeing Ace give him the death stare, "Oh, c'mon. I was playin'!"

"Bro." Lucas leaned his head back and laughed. "You really don't care about your life."

Gwendolyn squeezed passed everyone and grabbed a plate, filling it with a little bit of everything. From jerk chicken, to curry goat, and mini beef patties.

She kicked off her red Nike slides, and walked barefoot through the grass over to Phoenyx. He stared up at her from his seat, watching her hold her plate in one hand, and use the other to take the sweater off of her body.

She fixed the straps on her sports bra and pulled down the material of her shorts, before pushing the empty lounge chair closer to him.

"Phew." She said in relief, sitting down beside him and stretching her legs out.

His eyes traced over the lion tattoo that sat on her thigh, before drifting up to the ink on her arms and midsection, trying to see if she got any new work done.

"So you wasn't gonna come say hi to me?" She spoke up, taking a bite of food from her plate.

Phoenyx sucked his teeth, "So you wasn't gon' tell a nigga you were coming?"

Gwendolyn shrugged carelessly, "I decided last minute."

"You'n know how to answer a text?" He mugged her. "A phone call?"

"Why?" She finally looked at him again, her eyes burning right through his. "You missed me, or something?"

Phoenyx bit his lip and looked away, unable to handle the intensity of her spellbinding, green gaze.

"Hm?" She nudged his leg with her own, waiting on an answer.

"Yeah." He re-lit his blunt, trying to hide his smile. "You know I missed you, Babygirl."

Gwendolyn smiled to herself, before reaching over his body and picking up his bottle of Red Stripe from the side table. He inhaled sharply, feeling her arm brush against his bare chest as she took a few sips.

"Well." She licked her lips and put the bottle back down. "I missed you, too, Nyxie."

And just like that, Phoenyx wasn't in a bad mood anymore.

👻

- had to send the crew to Jamaica!
- will there be drama? or will there be peace?
- thoughts?

VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE
drop your flags in the comments
🇯🇲🇬🇾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

205K 6K 78
Book 2 in The 'Three Words Series' Theo and Naomi haven't spoken since. Since everything, that night, first year, all of it. Second year has just st...
52.8K 2K 27
Widening the door I seen him holding another bag, with flowers in his hand and a blunt behind his ear "really? More peace offerings?" "Ain't none wro...
43K 2.2K 45
****WARNING: THIS STORY INCLUDES MATURE CONTENT****
90.5K 3.8K 30
"Aight bro" Caine waved me off "So what we done?" He looked at me with no emotion "We're done" I nodded "So am I allowed to do my own thing or what...