Man of My Heart

بواسطة NiranjanaNepol

Love doesn't need romantic gestures. It can happen any ways...! Sometimes it happens due to the special featu... المزيد

1 Social Worker
2 The collector
3 Email
4 Donnybrook Start & 5 The name
6 New PC
7 Meeting
8 Another Meeting
9 Interest
10 Collector's Shot
11 Arnav's Move
13 Prank
14 Direct HIT
15 Angered Dev
16 At the peak of fame
17 I know it's YOU
18 Meeting
19 Outcome
20 Actions
21 Khushi aka Rejoice
22 Confession
23 Trembling Khushi
24 Accepted Proposal
25 Another Move
26 Fast Action
27 As predicted
28 Plan to Strike
29 Done?
30 Evil Plan
31 Solution
32 Proposal
33 Fixed
34 Condition
35 Opinion
36 Simple Human
37 Date Fixed
38 Flexible
39 cause
40 The Wedding
41Progress
42 Who threatens whom?
43 Family
44 Implementing the plan
45 Trap
46 Smart Khushi
47 Evidence
48 Finally...

12 Khushi was caught

836 85 4
بواسطة NiranjanaNepol

 Part 12 Khushi was caught

Arnav sent Khushi's phone number and Rejoice's Email ID. Though he waited for Arun Prince's call, he concentrated on his work not wasting his time because he knew Arun might take time. After all, he was a cybercrime inspector. He would be busy if the department included him in any work.

Arnav signed a Gundas file thinking about Dev Sinha. He was the powerful man in the district and tried to increase his power by giving his daughter's hand to a politician's son but his daughter was in love with her college mate Akash who was the son of a wholesale dealer. What would he do if Payal denied marrying the politician? Would he harm Akash? If he did that, what would Khushi do? He looked at the clock. It was 9 pm. he was not sure whether Prince would call him or not. It had been an hour since he sent Khushi's number and Rejoice's email ID. He sighed.

That was when he got a call on his mobile and it was indeed Arun Prince. Arnav attended the call.

"Haan, Prince?"

"Both are the same Device, ASR"

"I see" Arnav smiled as that was what he expected.

"Yeah, and the Email ID was logged in into the same device just this evening"

"Is it?"

"Yes, but the phone number belonged to a girl called Khushi Gupta. She is not Rejoice..."

"Yeah... I know that"

"Anything else?"

"No... thank you"

"Always..."

"Bye"

Arnav disconnected the call smiling. So, Rejoice was none other than Khushi Gupta. Why was she playing this game? Could she have a serious reason or she was just hiding her identity playfully? Being a social worker, why did she think of hiding her identity? She could have daringly told him what she wanted to...! Why was she doing that? he did not doubt that whatever she did was for only to help him. Then, why this *hide and seek*? He didn't know.

On the other side, Khushi was tossing on the bed restlessly. She knew Dev Sinha. He would not even bother about his own daughter if she did anything against him. He didn't care about being not talking to her. He gave her a blank chequebook signed not to show his love but to get her trust. So that he could get her married to the Lajapathi Metha, the political leader's son.

She sat on the bed, keeping her palm on her head. Why did Arnav directly show his power to him? Dev won't go for anyone's recommendation but he himself would finish it on his own. She didn't know what he was going to do in Arnav's matter. She jerked hearing a phone bell that tore the silence of the night. She saw COLLECTOR SIR flashing. She sat on the bed and attended it hurriedly.

"Hello, sir"

"Hi"

"Yes, sir"

"How was your awareness program held?"

"successful, sir"

"Great... did the headmaster and Santhoshi teacher ask you anything?"

"No, sir... the headmaster treated us nicely"

"That's good... anything else?" he asked.

Khushi was stuck. She didn't know whether she could talk to him about Dev or not.

"Actually... nothing sir..."

"I thought being a social worker, you would appreciate me for seizing the sand trucks," he said seriously.

"You have done a great job, sir," she said hesitatingly.

"I think you guys are upset with me for seizing your friend's father's truck..."

"No no sir... not at all..."

"Then why are you sounding low?"

"Actually, he is a dangerous man, sir"

"Who?"

"Dev Sinha," she said whispering.

"Is he there?" Arnav smiled.

"Sir...?" she asked not understanding.

"You are whispering his name...! so I thought he might be there..." he said teasingly.

"His men can be anywhere, sir"

"Is it?"

"Please be careful, sir"

"For?"

"He is a dangerous man. He won't tolerate being defeated. He will do anything to clear his path"

"Clearing path mean?" he asked as if he didn't get it.

Khushi hesitated.

"Will he kill me?"

"He may do that too, sir," she said slowly.

"Oh..."

"He has VOICE in this district. He is powerful on the political side too"

"If he is a dangerous man, how does he let his daughter do social work? To get people's attention?"

"No, sir. He doesn't mind about people's attention at all. Please don't mistake Payal, sir. She stopped talking to her father long ago because she doesn't like what he does. She got involved in social service only in the guilt of her father's deeds"

"Means, is not she upset with me for seizing her father's truck?"

"She is glad, sir"

"Whaaaat?" He chuckled.

"Yes, sir. She wanted someone to control her father. It happened today because of you..."

"But, you said, he can't be controlled?"

"Yes, sir. It's not easy. He will make the entire attempt to lock you. You must be cautious. Please don't trust anyone, sir"

"Aman?"

"He is a nice guy"

"What about Mr. Gupta? Can I trust him?" he asked teasingly.

Khushi bit her nail and said,

"You can inquire about him and make a decision sir"

"Haha... you are unbelievable"

Khushi smiled.

"Do you remember the one...?"

"Who sir?"

"Rejoice?"

Khushi closed her mouth from hiccupping.

"Re...joice...?"

"Yeah, I don't know who she is... she also alerted me in Dev's matter"

"Oh..."

"I don't know whether I could trust her or not"

Khushi gulped down.

"Whatever she said is right so far... yet, I'm confused if I could take her words seriously or not"

"Why do you doubt her, sir?"

"It's because she is hiding her identity. How could I trust her? I don't know what her intention is..."

Khushi swallowed hard not knowing what to say.

"Don't you guys know anyone called Rejoice?"

"No, sir... as you said she alerted you in Dev's matter, I think you can trust her"

"Is it?" Arnav smiled.

"Yes, sir. People of this district knew about Dev Sinha. Yet, she alerted you. So, her intention must be good"

"So, you want me to trust her?"

"No... I didn't mean it. It's your wish, sir"

"Thank you for your guidance, Khushi"

"Sir..."

"Mmm?"

"Please don't tell anyone that I told you about Dev Sinha"

"Why? Will he finish you too?"

"I don't want to take a risk in his matter, sir because it's not only about me but about my father and family"

"Mmm... I will keep it in my mind"

"Thank you, sir"

"Good night"

"Good night, sir"

Arnav disconnected the call. So, this was why Khushi hid her identity. Let it be... it would be revealed at the right time.

The next day

Aman rushed to the office, a little earlier. He rolled his eyes, seeing Shyam was flirting with Simran, Collector's steno. Seeing Aman, Shyam left the cabin. Aman glared at Simran who didn't give heed to him. Shyam and Simran were in an affair. It was a well-known secret. Shyam had been the Colletor's PC for more than ten years and Simran was Colletor's steno for more than five years. While working together, they had a relationship and still continuing. Everyone knew that but no one took it to Anjali due to the fear they had in Shyam. Shashi hid it from Anjali because he didn't want to break their family. He knew she would surely do that.

"Did you type the statement?" Aman asked.

"Doing..."

"Do your work first... choose your priority"

"Mind your business, Aman. Just because you became a PC, doesn't mean, this is long-lasting"

"I don't think this is long-lasting but today, I'm PC, and I will do my work. If you delay your work, I will tell the collector about the reason for your delay"

Simran glared at him. Aman left the cabin and went to meet Arnav. Dialling Shyam, Simran recited everything to Shyam. Undoubtedly, he became furious hearing Aman's warning.

Aman came to Arnav's cabin and stood not entering as he saw him entering the office. He smiled at Aman.

"Good morning, Sir"

"Good morning, Aman"

Aman opened the door for Arnav. He entered after Arnav entered.

"Congratulations sir"

"For?" Arnav smiled.

"You became a real HERO of our district sir"

Arnav smiled.

"I thought you would warn me to be cautious in Dev Sinha's matter" Arnav took a seat smiling.

The Davali who followed Arnav kept a paper bag on his table. It was a cheese sandwich. Bringing a ceramic plate, he served it to Arnav and filled water in a glass.

"Thank you," Arnav said.

The Davali moved back. Taking the sandwich, Arnav bit it.

"Actually, I'm going to do it, sir," Aman said.

Arnav looked at him with attitude.

"You too Aman?"

"Yes, sir... anyone who is concerned about you will do it, sir," Aman said.

Arnav smiled contently.

To be continued...

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

232K 13.2K 41
Story about previous life, two lovers love unconditionally. Protect each other. Evil people killed them in previous birth before they become one. So...
205K 11.9K 53
Hot sunlight was burning the Lucknow people. A man who had a dashing look, well-gelled hair, wearing Ray-ban coolers was sitting in the car. His focu...
69.3K 2.3K 5
#1 in Romance on Oct 2018...#6 out of 7K in 2017 on March 2019/ . A heartfelt thanks to All for making it happen... A Story of a man who broke all th...
192K 12.5K 59
He was the DON of the college as well as the heartthrob of his college girls. He has been surrounded by the girls all the time and girls die for his...