CALM IN HIS STORM

By HJwritesTK

THE SCHOOL SERIES- Book 1. Kim Taehyung rejoins the college after a terrible divorce; all set to start afresh... More

PROLOGUE
CHARACTERS
♡[1]♡
♡[2]♡
♡[3]♡
♡[4]♡
♡[5]♡
♡[6]♡
♡[7]♡
♡[8]♡
♡[9]♡
♡[10]♡
♡[11]♡
♡[12]♡
♡[13]♡
Very important
♡[14]♡
♡[15]♡
♡[16]♡
♡[17]♡
♡[19]♡
♡[20]♡
♡[21]♡
♡[22]♡

♡[18]♡

1.6K 133 21
By HJwritesTK

~20240216

Taehyung gazed at the flower in his hand, which had been discovered in his locker. As he surveyed his surroundings, as he had been doing for a few days now, he was unable to identify anyone responsible among the throng of students in the hallway.

"Another one?" Jin asked as he stared at the flower and Taehyung nodded, while his mind wandered in contemplation. Typically, he would respond with a smile and appreciate the gesture, silently expressing gratitude for the white roses. However, today he was uncharacteristically quiet.

"What are you thinking?" Jin asked.

"It's just, I don't know why they are doing this but... Although I do feel happiness and a sense of being cherished, I want to talk to them. Be friends. I would love it if they just approached me, you know." Taehyung replied and pressed his lips together, releasing a heavy sigh.

"Adding another one to your long friends list huh?" Jin smiled and Taehyung smiled back. "Yes but no. Not the same list though. Because I know whoever this is, it'll be different because they are the ones who are approaching me. They are putting in some effort. For me. I'd love to get to know them. Not my usual list, my true friend list."

"Please tell me I am included in that list of yours," Jin asked seeking reassurance. Taehyung laughed, shaking his head. "Of course Jin. You are the top one on that list. And let me tell you, you are the only one." He said genuinely.

Jin was lost in thoughts about Taehyung and how the pretty boy was aware of everything. Despite talking to almost everyone, he still knew this place in other people's lives and also was very sure about other places in his life. Jin smiled and affectionately placed his hand on Taehyung's shoulder as they walked to their class.

Unbeknownst to them, someone unintentionally eavesdropped on their conversation. This has been Jungkook's recent habitual practice. He has taken it upon himself to place white roses in various locations whenever the opportunity arises.

He has carefully planned and determined the course of his relationship with Taehyung from this point forward. However, it is imperative that his calculations align with Taehyung's forgiveness.

Upon hearing their conversation, Jungkook found solace in the fact that his intentions were what he desired, aside from Taehyung's request for a direct approach. It is important to note that Jungkook has no intentions of evading or hiding from Taehyung, as he has done in the past. Instead, he wishes to emphasize his sincerity and remorse through his actions.

Furthermore, he believes that this approach is morally correct. Considering how Taehyung reacted when he approached him, he wanted to execute the right actions at an appropriate pace, slowly diluting the tension without making him uncomfortable.

"Thank you Taehyung," Jungkook whispered with a smile, expressing his gratitude for unknowingly providing the necessary motivation for Jungkook to take another step forward.

He proceeded to his class that he shared with Taehyung and saw how the man went stiff in his place when he entered. Jungkook slumped his shoulders in disappointment but at least the other spared a glance before squirming in his seat.

Jungkook appreciated the very little progress which was facilitated by the passage of time. He attempted to convey his contentment by smiling at Taehyung, who immediately averted his gaze, causing Jungkook to display a pout before taking his seat.

The day progressed with Taehyung attending all his classes. He stretched his body and smiled as Jin complained about his exhaustion, sprinkling a few curses towards their professors for assigning them tasks to complete.

The classroom was filled with noise from various conversations, as the students began to disperse, While placing his books in his bag, Taehyung unexpectedly noticed another rose. An accompanying card caught his attention, an occurrence that had never transpired before. He gently nudged Jin with his elbow, gesturing toward the card's presence before they both examined it with curiosity.

"1D" It was written with a bold 'PLEASE' right below it with a puppy dog emoji. Taehyung couldn't suppress his giggles at the playful nature of the message. 

Jin took the card from his hand for a closer inspection. However, his expression turned into a frown upon realizing that the card contained only these scant words. He proceeded to flip it over in the hopes of discovering additional contents, but the other side remained empty.

"That is all? What if it's a creep?"

Taehyung reacted with a dismissive gesture and spoke. "Jin, if they were a creep, they'd do something out of instincts,
they wouldn't be so thoughtful."

Jin's eyes widened in surprise before he spoke. "I got it!" Taehyung flinched at the sudden volume of his voice. Jin held Taehyung's shoulders, shaking him in excitement. "I think you got an admirer." He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Before Taehyung could respond, Jin continued with a disappointed tone and a pout. "Unfortunately, that person will end up heartbroken. They do not know that Kim Taehyung is harsh and quick to reject."

"You make me appear so bad." Taehyung whined with a pout before adding, "I am not prepared for any kind of relationship. I don't think I ever will be. Whatever the situation, it is my decision to make. They should respect my decision just as I respect their feelings. Moreover, it is not an admirer, at least not in the way you are implying." He finished with a roll of his eyes before returning to packing his bag.

"You sound so sure. How do you know?"

"White roses indicate an absence of romance, contrary to the expectation of red ones. The person is clear about what he wants."

Shortly after, he found himself standing in front of the classroom, with Jin positioned at a distance to ensure his safety. As he approached the door, he recognized the room before him. It was the same room where he had first encountered Jungkook. The man he was attempting to distance himself from. The man was unwilling to listen to his explanation before jumping into accusing him. 

He feared that, once again, Jungkook would unintentionally cause harm to him based on some misunderstanding.

He was doing everything in his power to avoid any encounters with Jungkook, yet he continued to spot him in various places, which was highly atypical before the incident. He noticed Jungkook in nearly all the classes they shared, a situation that was once extremely rare. He seldom attended classes back then.

When Taehyung encountered him the following day after Jungkook approached him, he quickly averted his gaze, feeling apprehensive towards the man.

However, as he came to realize that Jungkook had no intentions of approaching him for any particular reason, Taehyung gradually began to maintain eye contact for a mere two seconds the next day. Enough to notice that Jungkook was about to smile but Taehyung would look away before the other could fully smile.

This provided some solace to Taehyung, as he realized that he no longer needed to be constantly on edge in Jungkook's presence, especially considering that nothing had occurred between them.

His anxiety lessened to the point where he stayed in same room with Jungkook without feeling uncomfortable as if they were two strangers. However, this state of normalcy would only endure until Taehyung glanced at Jungkook or became aware of his presence, at which point the anxiety would resurface for a few minutes before eventually fading away.

It was probably because he had overcome far worse experiences than what he had endured with Jungkook. The incident affected and worsened his opinion of this past rather than the person or the situation itself.

Right now he is being careful is all.

He gently shook his head to clear his thoughts and proceeded to open the door, a genuine smile forming on his lips. As he entered the room, a frown replaced his smile upon discovering that it was empty.

Just as he was about to leave, his attention was caught by Jungkook's presence in the corner of the room, leaning against the table with his hands resting on either side. Lost in his own thoughts, Jungkook hadn't noticed Taehyung's arrival.

Taehyung stood frozen with astonishment, struggling to comprehend the situation unfolding before him. His legs felt heavy as if glued to the ground.

Jungkook's eyes widened when he finally acknowledged Taehyung's presence. Although he felt an urgent desire to stride swiftly towards Taehyung surged within, he restrained himself, not wishing to startle the other individual.

Taehyung blinked his eyes when his eyes met Jungkook's desperate gaze, then he took a couple of steps back before turning around to leave. Jungkook panicked at that action. "Taehyung, stop! Please, just once hear me out!"

Taehyung continued to leave. "Please Taehyung! Just once... Hear me out just once. I promise I won't bother you after that. Please..."  Jungkook pleaded once more, his tone filled with desperation and sincerity.

Taehyung couldn't ignore the desperation in Jungkook's voice or the pleading tone that begged him to stop. Despite everything, Taehyung halted in his tracks, pausing to consider Jungkook's words.

Jungkook's heart filled with hope as Taehyung stopped abruptly. He observed as Taehyung slowly turned around, nervously chewing on his bottom lip and fidgeting with his fingers. Taehyung refused to meet Jungkook's gaze, keeping his head down.

Jungkook maintained a smile as he continued to gaze at him. After a few moments of silence, Taehyung finally turned his attention to Jungkook and blinked.

"Oh! Sorry! Yeah, I should talk..." Jungkook snapped out of his contemplation and sheepishly rubbed his nape while still wearing a smile. "Wait!" He quickly returned to the table he had previously been leaning on and retrieved the bouquet that was placed there. It was a bouquet of white roses.

"I understand that flowers are considered cliché and overrated, but Taeyong mentioned that you love them. So..." Jungkook explained as he extended the flowers towards Taehyung. Taehyung frowned momentarily before it disappeared just as quickly.

He tentatively accepted the flowers, and internally Jungkook celebrated this gesture of acceptance. Once again, he cursed himself for not getting straight to the point.

Jungkook took a deep breath locked his gaze with Taehyung, who was already looking at him, and began.

"I am sorry. I am so so sorry for that day. I know this apology won't bring back all the suffering you went through. I shouldn't have done that without even knowing the truth." Jungkook cursed under his breath and ran his hands on his face in frustration, recalling what he did.

He placed his hands gently over Taehyung's, which were grasping the bouquet. Fortunately, Taehyung displayed no hesitation or inclination to withdraw. He maintained his gaze upon the speaker's countenance, attentively absorbing the apology being offered.

"I was stupid. Stupid to jump to conclusions, stupid to even doubt someone like you. I was so blinded by rage that I couldn't even see what was right in front of my eyes. Honestly, my emotion has no weightage against what I did to you nor does it matter. At the end of the day, I hurt you for something you didn't do. Something you didn't deserve. You've never given me a reason to even doubt you and yet I acted the way I did. And I am very ashamed of myself. More than anything, I am sorry. I am sorry. Even telling all this seems so petty because I don't know if I deserve your forgiveness."

Jungkook pointed and the flowers and continued. "And that's the reason I bought these white roses despite knowing you like tulips. These flowers depict sincere apologies and for seeking forgiveness. Now all I can do is do my best and hope you'll forgive me."

Jungkook finished and gazed into Taehyung's eyes, seeking a response. Taehyung withdrew his hands and retreated, taking a step back.

Jungkook slumped his shoulders and closed his eyes letting out a loud sigh. "I hope you forgive me and I am also sorry if I caused you trouble or made you uncomfortable with my ways. Like I promised, I won't bother you from now on. I am sorry again." He expressed his remorse with a dejected tone.

Finally, he took a respectful step back, ensuring a proper distance between them. Taehyung looked at him one last time before he turned around and left the room.

"Of course. What were you even expecting?" Jungkook muttered under his breath as he scoffed with a sad but mocking smile on his face.

_

The following day, Taehyung didn't have many opportunities to see Jungkook, except for a few classes. It seemed like things were going back to how they were initially, with Jungkook hardly attending classes and the absence of white roses in Taehyung's locker.

Whenever their gazes accidentally met, Jungkook would quickly look away. However, within those brief moments, Taehyung could glimpse a glimmer of hope in Jungkook's eyes. True to his promise, Jungkook didn't bother Taehyung.

Finally, as the day drew to a close, Taehyung was making his way out of the campus when Kai drove up in his car and blocked his path. Stepping out of the vehicle, Kai approached Taehyung, who greeted him with a smile and a wave.

"Hi, Taehyung. Going home?"

Taehyung nodded.

"Come, I'll drop you." he offered, gesturing towards the car positioned behind him.

"No, it's okay Sunbae. Please don't trouble yourself." Taehyung politely declined.

"I insist. I have something to talk about too." With that, he headed towards his car and held the door open for Taehyung, not awaiting a reply.

"Thank you Sunbae." Taehyung expressed his gratitude as he entered the vehicle.

"How are Mr and Mrs Kim doing?"

"They are fine." Kai hummed. They continued their journey in silence for a while before Taehyung broke it.

"You said you have something to say, Sunbae?"

"Oh yeah. Uh... I am hosting a party this weekend. I want you to be there. Will you attend?"

"A party?!" Taehyung squealed. "I've never been to a party before. Woah!! I will attend!! I am so excited!!"

Kai frowned upon hearing his words. "Aren't you like close to Jeon Jungkook? He always hosts parties. He hasn't invited you?"

Taehyung's smile faded at the mention of Jungkook. He fidgeted with his fingers, shaking his head, and replied in a subdued tone. "No, we are not that close."

Despite Kai's doubts, he quietly rejoiced. "Good. He's not someone you want to associate with, especially considering the drug involvement." Kai wrinkled his nose in disgust, hoping his act had fooled Taehyung enough.

Taehyung opted to stay silent in response. Soon enough, they arrived at Taehyung's house, and he exited the vehicle while expressing his gratitude.

"No problem. I'll text you the address. Yeah?" Taehyung nodded before making his way into his house.

End of Chapter 18
💚💜

If you like my work and want to support me, you can do it on Kofi. Thank you. ❤️

Link to my kofi in comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 653 107
Hán Việt: Công lược na cá tra [ khoái xuyên ] Tác giả: Đường Mật Tình trạng: Hoàn thành Thể loại: Nguyên sang, Ngôn tình, Hiện đại , OE , Tình cảm...
8.8K 484 16
Kim Taehyung is a poor femboy who lives in a village with her parents and younger sibling, Kim Eun Tak. Unknown to Tae, she was kidnapped by them dur...
1.2K 116 36
Teresa Lisbon and Patrick Jane return stronger and more captivating than ever in thrilling sequel set 15 years after the gripping finale of "The Ment...
255K 7.4K 18
Where Lisa give up her own happiness for the sake of Jennie. "Listen to both side of the story before making a choice or else you'll regret it" ~ l.m...