Inazuma x Reader - Lost to Et...

By Obahar_

A gender neutral Y/N has ended up in Inazuma after ending up adrift at sea as a result of their fight with Os... More

Synopsis
Chapter 1: Lost and Found
Chapter 2: The Fixer
Chapter 3: Komore Teahouse
Chapter 4: Sweet Persuasion
Chapter 5: Fatui Afoul
Chapter 6: The Sleepover
Chapter 7: Prophesised Demise
Chapter 8: Strictly Business
Chapter 9: To the Shrine
Chapter 10: Cleansed Out
Chapter 11: Stay-At-Home
Chapter 12: Frozen Time
Chapter 13: A New Cause
Chapter 14: Antagonistic
Chapter 15: The Ritual
Chapter 16: Captainship
Chapter 17: First Conflict
Chapter 18: Wife Beater
Chapter 19: A Risky Gambit
Chapter 20: Watatsumi Priestess
Chapter 21: War
Chapter 22: Revealing One's Hand
Chapter 23: Tatarigami Exorcism
Chapter 24: Princess Pampering
Chapter 25: Naganohara
Chapter 26: A Sister's Aid
Chapter 28: Late for Dinner

Chapter 27: Homeward-Bound

755 35 16
By Obahar_

Yukina: "Y/N! You're finally back! It's about time, we were starting to think you weren't coming back!"

Jaren: "Yeah! You should have seen Yukina earlier! We practically had to hold her down so that she—"

Yukina: "j–Jaren! Don't."

Jaren: "o–oh, uh... r–right... sorry."

Yukina: *sigh*

Y/N: "It's only been, what, like a day or two since I left camp? Hah, probably not even that! But hey, I'm back now. And if you were missing me that much, then I'm sure you're looking forward to the gruelling training I've got prepped for you guys today, huh!"

Yukina: "Huh? You planned training for us today, even though you were gone and busy on another mission?"

Y/N: "Do you think I just come up with those training regimen on the fly? Hmph, I get no respect around here from you guys! I actually spent quite a lot of late nights coming up with each weeks' set of tasks for your training! And I give General Gorou my planned itinerary each week for prior approval too, and that's how you still had something to do yesterday... assuming someone relayed that to you?"

???: "Don't you worry, Captain, I made sure your team were well looked after during your absence! And, might I say that I am quite glad to see you made it back to camp safely!"

Y/N: "Ah, General Gorou, it's good to be back! I hope I've not missed too much of the fun in my absence? And how did your excursion earlier go, well, I hope?"

I only asked this question out of consideration and politeness, of course. As it was really quite easy to tell that the General was in a good mood simply from the vigorous wagging of his tail behind him!

Gorou: "It did! But that's to be expected of an excursion planned by Her Excellency herself! I would presume that your own mission ended with success also, what with your having returned to camp now?"

Y/N: "That's right! There wasn't much left to do after dealing with that cube thing, so I just said my farewells and made my way back here."

Gorou: "Excellent! In that case, then, Captain Y/N? You're dismissed for the rest of the day so as to get your much needed rest. I can see the bags under your eyes after all, I can only assume you have yet to get any rest since your leaving for this private issue of yours?"

Y/N: "Well, I guess... although I did get some time to sit and speak with a couple people so I—"

Gorou: "I'm sorry, Captain, but Her Excellency gave me orders to issue you rest as I deem fit. She wishes for you to be well-rested for the mission she has for you tomorrow."

Y/N: "The mission? What mission?"

Gorou: "I will leave it to Her Excellency to debrief you on that matter tomorrow morning, all I have been made aware of is that she has asked for you specifically, and that she has arranged for transport back to Watatsumi Island for this."

Y/N: "Huh... W–Wait! What about my team's training for the day? And tomorrow's too, if I'm going to be busy elsewhere and all..."

Gorou: "Don't you worry about that! I'll be managing your team personally in your absence, we're not expecting any major conflicts with the Shogunate for quite some time. And I have the plans that you submitted to me earlier this week, so I'll keep them on track in your absence! Ah, and regarding Hayate..."

Y/N: "Huh? Hayate? Is he alright?"

Gorou: "Oh, yes, don't worry, everything is fine. I just need to inform you that, as per his request, Hayate has been relocated to another team. Currently that means that Leviathan I is now lacking in manpower for the time being. Unfortunately, we do not have anybody suitable that we can replace Hayate with for the time being. So you'll be a man down until that point. But I have the utmost confidence in the three of you maintaining your levels of success regardless of your missing manpower!"

Yukina: "At the very least, it'll mean less arguing and fights..."

Jaren: "b–But it'll be more dangerous now too without the extra manpower!"

Yukina: "Oh reeelax! We've got Captain Y/N on our side. We'll be fine as long as we have them as our Captain!!"

Y/N: "Don't get too complacent though, Yukina... We're all in this together after all, and I'll need my fellow soldiers beside me if we're to all make it to the end of this conflict!"

Yukina & Jaren: "Sir, yes sir!"

* * *

After a while I ended up being more forcibly persuaded back to my quarters for the remainder of the day. Both by General Gorou's command and Yukina's pestering and shoving! I won't deny that I definitely was feeling quite tired, and that my returning to my personal quarters ended up exacerbating this even further. At this point I could barely keep my eyes open as I prepared myself to take an early evening rest. But there was one more thing that I wanted to do...

FLASHBACK: "I was told by Lady Yae to give this letter to you if I considered your performance adequate. She said that you shouldn't open it until you're somewhere quiet though."

That was what the shrine maiden Miyuki had said to me just before she escorted that miscreant Treasure Hoarder away to a Shogunate encampment to be arrested for their crimes against protected plants of Inazuma, namely the Thunder Sakura. And I was pretty interested in reading what it was that Yae Miko had to say to me in this letter. So, before I allowed myself to drift off and away to dreamland, I took the envelope I had hidden away out of my inner-pocket and gave the enclosed letter a read...

╔════════════════╗

To Y/N, my little Adeptus.

If you are reading this then I
can only assume that you did
a rather excellent job for me.

As such, you have my thanks.
You have put quite some work
into this nation, despite it not
giving you the same courtesy.

Or, did you do all this for me?

Heh, regardless of reason,
you should know that your
debts owed to me have run dry.
That is to say...
You owe me no more favours.

Should I perhaps feel saddened?
Knowing I no longer have you
under my thumb as I once did?
Or perhaps I should look forward
to the day you come to our aid
free of any forced obligations?

I look forward to seeing how
this story will unfold~

Y/N, Inazuma's Adeptus.

Guuji of the Grand Narukami Shrine,
Yae Miko

╚════════════════╝

Huh. So that means I'm now free of my obligations to Yae Miko? I don't owe her any more favours?  I guess that's both a good thing and a bad thing, right? It's good because I'm not likely to have my presence requested out of nowhere via a letter like has been so far, and not having that obligation to answer on her demand. But on the other side of it all, it will mean I'm no longer as much an asset to her and I might not be able to expect her to be quite as considerate of me and my wellbeing as she has been thus far...

But I guess I'll just have to see how it all pans out from here on out... but for now, I think I'm going to get some much needed shut–eye...

* THE NEXT MORNING *

With all that extra rest I was made privy to, it meant I ended up naturally waking up a lot earlier than I normally would have to. Fortunately this had clearly been anticipated by the General, and I was the one scheduled to prepare the morning foods for the troops stationed at camp. And with that I found myself in the mess area alone for quite some time in the early morn... well, that was until...

Kokomi: "Ah, good morning Captain. You're up quite early. I trust you slept quite well?"

Y/N: "Good morning, Your Excellency, I did sleep quite well indeed– thanks to your kind orders."

Kokomi: "Hehehe. That is quite good to hear, indeed. A journey is much like a battle, you cannot set out exhausted. And we are going to be going on quite the journey today."

Y/N: "So I've heard! I haven't got much in the way of details about that, though. Is that for the sake of retaining confidentiality or...?"

Kokomi: "Hm? Oh, I suppose you could say that. But in reality it was just because General Gorou didn't ask for more information was all. Heh, I suppose he must have thought it best to minimise those that would be aware of the aim of our outing today. If the Shogunate were to learn that both of us would be far and away from the front lines... that could certainly cause disastrous for our cause."

Y/N: "So then, why is it that we're going to be taking such a risk? Is this something that will turn the tides of the war? That's the only reason why I could think that us two specifically would be on a mission together..."

Kokomi: "Hm? Don't you remember? About what I said to you before you left for your personal mission the other day? I suppose not. But that's okay, as I understand it, you got up to quite a lot in your absence! But, to refresh your memory, I said that I would escort you to what I believe to be the home you originally came to Inazuma looking for."

Y/N: "Oh? Now that you mention it, I remember you saying you had an idea where it was just before I left... You really know where my old home was...? "

Kokomi: "I believe so. And, as it happens, you'll find that our home island of Watatsumi hosts such an ancient relic. I spoke with the shrine maidens there and we've prepared for your arrival. I have our transportation back to Watatsumi prepared, are you ready to head out?"

Y/N: "I guess I am, I've finished my meal prep for the troops at the very least. But what about you? Have you had something to eat yet? I tried making something new I learned from a friend, using some resources I scavenged for on the way back to camp. It's an attempt I made on a so-called "Bird Egg Sushi" which is quite quick and easy to eat, if you'd perhaps like to partake?"

Kokomi: "Oh! Bird Egg Sushi, truly? That is quite the coincidence! As it happens, I am really quite fond of such a dish~"

Y/N: "Huh? Really?"

Kokomi: "Mhm, I just love eating Bird Egg Sushi. The ingredients are easy to find, and it's simple to prepare... Ah... perfect for military life. Sitting down to eat Bird Egg Sushi in the midst of war might seem a bit extravagant, but in most cases, simple food like this brings great satisfaction to the soldiers."

Y/N: "Uh, I suppose that makes sense, I wouldn't have thought of it that way. Maybe I'll make these more often then? Because it's like you said, the ingredients are really easy to find and it's pretty simple to prepare– perfect for the mass production needs to feed an army!"

Kokomi: "Exactly! I am glad you get it. It would be quite nice to have these more readily available... hehe."

Her Excellency, Sangonomiya Kokomi, had then reached down to the plate of experimental sushi I had pointed out to her, and once she had one quaintly held in her hand she brought it up to her mouth and gave it a sizeable nibble. I was worried that perhaps it would not be to her liking, or more likely that it would just be poorly made because it was my first attempt. But...

Kokomi: "Yummy, this is delicious! And it seems my energy is also... Ahem, I mean... Never mind..."

Y/N: "o–Oh? You really think so? You're not just being kind to me because this was my first attempt, right?"

Kokomi: "No, no. Not at all. In fact, it was really quite well-made! You aren't perhaps professionally trained in gastronomy?"

Y/N: "Well, not really...? I did get some lessons from a friend a while back, and she did work at a pretty well–respected restaurant. But I wouldn't exactly call myself professionally trained!"

Kokomi: "Hm, is that so? Well, I suppose that is just another skill for me to note in my journal regarding you. And perhaps, if it would not be an inconvenience to you, might I perhaps give you extra shifts working in the mess area? Food of good standards can be quite the boost to troop morale."

Y/N: "I guess I wouldn't oppose it... I'll have a bit more time available to me for now most likely, what with my team being down a member."

Kokomi: "Ah yes, I heard about Hayate's wish to move to the front–lines. I apologise that we aren't currently able to swiftly fill that missing slot in your team, but I assure you that Leviathan I will be at the top of the list for the next suitable recruit that joins us."

Y/N: "Oh, well thank you. I appreciate the thoughtfulness. But don't worry too much about it, as it is I think we'll be okay for the time being– just the three of us. It'll give me more time to work on them more in-depth at the very least!"

Kokomi: "Oh? Well I'm glad to hear that it isn't causing any unwanted issues for the time being. Ah, we've been standing here for some time. Perhaps we should make way for our transport to Watatsumi? I'll... I'll just take a couple more of these for the trip..."

Saying this, Kokomi had shyly extended her hand out once again towards the serving of Bird Egg Sushi. She then picked up three of them and wrapped them in a handkerchief before then encouraging me with a gentle gesture to follow her as she headed out of the camp grounds...

* * *

It wasn't long until we reached the island's edge, where alongside the sandy coast we found a small boat waiting for us; after all, the Resistance Camp we were situated at was practically bordering on the edge of the island. Thankfully the island's weather was nothing more than a warming dawn sun with little clouds in the sky, as opposed to the constant thunder and lightning we used to have here until Kuki Shinobu and I fixed that issue with the shrines.

Oh, and that reminds me... I should probably bring up that letter that I found back then. The one that seemed to suggest that the damage to the shrines was in fact caused by Watatsumi troops that were dressing up as Shogunate troops under Sangonomiya Kokomi's nose. But I should probably wait until we return to camp to speak on this, not only so that I will have the letter I retrieved as proof to give Her Excellency. But also so that we do not taint this expedition with a solemn topic such as that of potential betrayal. Selfish, I know, but if I really am going to see my original home like I was promised... I kind of want it to be whilst we're both in the best of moods.

It didn't take too long of travel by boat to get to Watatsumi Island, partly in thanks to both mine and Kokomi's Hydro Visions of which we used to speed up the journey somewhat and allowing us to forgo having to even use the oars of the boat. Once we reached Watatsumi Island we neatly made port and met some of the soldiers that stood watch over the shoreline before then heading deeper into the island's land. We passed through the main settlement of the island and walked over several suspended wooden bridges before eventually reaching the centrepiece of the entire island: Sangonomiya Shrine.

Y/N: "This is really quite the impressive shrine..."

Kokomi: "You think so? Well, I thank you for the kind words. This shrine truly is the pride of the Watatsumi people. But that isn't why we're here today. Now, she should be... Ah, miss Tsuyuko, we've arrived."

It would appear that our reason for being here relied on speaking with what seemed to be a Watatsumi Shrine Maiden that seemed to be called Tsuyuko, or at least I could only assume that to be the case based on the similarities of the outfit compared to those at Yae Miko's shrine. Well, they were almost identical if it wasn't for the change in colour from red to blue...

Tsuyuko: "Your Excellency, and– ah, this must be the Captain you've talked so much about!"

Kokomi: "Ahem... Let us not create misinterpretations where they are not necessary, Tsuyuko..."

Tsuyuko: "Hehe, of course, Your Excellency~ I suppose then, with the two of you together like this then you must be on a date, no?"

Kokomi: ". . ."

Tsuyuko: "Hehe~ I know, I know. You're here to head down below, aren't you? To find your missing home, as I understand it? Of course, all the preparations have been made Your Excellency, so you are ready to make the trip when you see fit. But... are you certain that you wish to accompany them down there? It's been a very long time since we last opened the entrance, who knows what state the land is in... If something were to happen to you down there, just think what a negative impact it might have on the war efforts!"

Kokomi: "Perhaps. But I trust my fellow soldier to have my back as I will theirs. And, well... I did promise that I would help them reach their ultimate goal here in Inazuma, of their wanting to find their original home."

Y/N: "And I do really appreciate that of you, Your Excellency, but if it really is a risk to go this place, then perhaps we should delay such a trip? I'd hate to put you at such risk."

Kokomi: "I understand the apprehension, but you should know that I have quite some trust in your abilities. It is still slightly too soon before the Bloodbranch Coral will be ready to harvest, so we won't be going to anywhere too dangerous anyways. And if you are to go down there at all, I would like to think I would be quite the capable guide for your needs."

Y/N: "I guess I'm not really at liberty to refuse, what with my not really understanding the situation about this place. I don't even know how to get to this place from here, but I assume that's on purpose for some reason or other?"

Kokomi: "It's not for a particular reason, no. It's just... wouldn't it be far more entertaining to discover it all first-hand? Please, allow me to handle the details, it is the least I can do to repay your efforts for our resistance against the Electro Archon and her most harmful decrees."

Tsuyuko: "Hehe~"

Kokomi: "Something to add, Tsuyuko?"

Tsuyuko: "Heh, no, it's okay. But as I was saying before, everything is ready for your departure when you should wish."

Kokomi: "Excellent, with that then... shall we be off, Captain Y/N?"

It would seem that this was a rhetorical question, as Sangonomiya Kokomi had grown quite tired with Tsuyuko's antics. And Her Excellency had already started to walk away from her and leaving me to play catch up as I left the snickering Shrine Maiden behind us. Kokomi didn't get all that far from her, though, and I quickly caught up to her at the edge of the cliff overlooking a rather curious looking pool of water...

Y/N: "That water looks quite interesting, is that a natural phenomenon or...?"

Kokomi: "Hmm. I suppose you could consider it to be both natural and not. But that will be quite the history lesson. For now, let us just use it as most would... as a door to Enkanomiya."

Y/N: "h–huh? This is a... door?"

Kokomi: "Mhm. Now, hehe, would you rather jump or do you need a nudge?"

<3353 words>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

315K 9.1K 33
(Y/N) (L/N), a wanderer, who's goal is to end the Vision Hunt Decree in Inazuma. Being wanted for attempting to take back a vision, life isn't easy a...
34.4K 1.3K 23
"i am not and will never be raiden makoto, i know that." the puppet slowly blinked her shimmer-lacking eyes as she stared at the electro archon who k...
60.3K 1.9K 22
Before Kujuo Sara, there was another, another commanding force that raised his sword and valor in the Electro Archon's name. He who was known as the...
382K 12.8K 35
Inazuma, my home, the place I was born and raised, the place I desperately want to leave. Dont get me wrong, it cool and all in here, but Baal, the...