Echoes of trust

By CosmicObsess

About five years ago, Midoriya was framed as a traitor of UA. Everyone believed it except for a select few. H... More

Echoes of trust
underneath the stars
confirmation

Heroes Return

75 2 0
By CosmicObsess

Izuku POV

As I'm driving, I start seeing things I haven't seen in years and can't help but feel nervous. But I have more than one reason to go back besides Ochako.

“Dad, are we going to do the plan we discussed before?”

“Yeah.”

“What plan?” Ochako asks.

“You'll see soon enough. Let's just say it's time for heroes to return,” I smile.

“You know something about that smile scares me.”

When we finally get to Tokyo, Ochako takes us to her place.

“Are you sure it's okay for us to stay if you?”

“Yes, Izu, besides, I have more than enough room. I don't think All Might realized how much room this house actually has. Besides, it'll be less lonely with you two here.”

“Ochako, you sure have a lot of pictures of Dad up,” Eri asks, and Ochako turns red and starts floating. I quickly use Black Whip to hold her like a balloon.

“Eri, you just love to make her feel embarrassed.”

“Would you rather me tell her about saying her name in your sleep?” I turn red and Float activates, and she starts laughing hard.

Aizawa and All Might walk in and see what's happening and just shake their heads. After that, we get settled in and start unpacking. We didn't bring a lot of stuff with us since she had furniture. We mainly just brought our valuables and collectibles. It's kind of funny watching Eri ask Ochako for her autograph on every poster and box. After I finish, I decide to step out to make a few phone calls.

“Hey, Iida, it's Izuku. I was wondering if we could talk.” He answers. “Yeah, I'm back, and I have a plan that I'll need your help with.”

“Okay, see you tomorrow.”

I dial the next number. “Hey, Ragdoll, it's Izuku.”

“Midoriya.”

“It's actually Yagi now, but I was wondering if I could tell you I could get your quirk back, would you take it?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Then how about we meet up tomorrow around two.”

“Sounds good. I'll bring everyone; I'm sure they'll be happy to see you.”

I dial my last number for the day. “Hey, Mirio, it's Izuku.”

“You're back.”

“Yeah, now are you free right now?”

“Yeah, why?”

“I'm going to send you an address, come to it and bring the other two.”

“Okay, but why?”

“Lemillion is coming back.” I hang up before he says anything else and go in. “Eri, Mirio is on his way, so get ready to give him his quirk back.”

“Okay, Dad.”

“And All Might, in a few days, we're going to need a press conference. I'll explain why in a little bit. And Aizawa, are you still in contact with Shinso?”

“Of course, even though he chose to work alone, I still talk to him.”

“Good, give him a call and tell him to meet me at Might Tower in two days.”

“Alright.”

About an hour later, Mirio, Tamaki, and Nejire show up. After quite a few hugs and answering questions, Eri rewinds Mirio's quirk factor. It was part of our training to rewind only a certain part of something. All she has to do is focus on what she wants to rewind, and she can.

“So, Mirio, I have a plan and need your guys' help.”

“What is it, Izuku?” Mirio asks.

“I technically own Might Industry now, and I want to bring back how heroes used to be when we were growing up. Not how they are now. To do that, I want to put together one agency where some of the best pros can always be connected. Where if they need help on a case, they have access to the help they need. Or the latest tech and suits.”

“So you want to unite pros who we know we can trust.”

“Basically, yes.”

“We're in.” After a little bit more small talk, they leave along with All Might and Aizawa. We decide just to order takeout tonight instead of cooking. It's been so long since I've had takeout that I almost forgot what it tastes like.

Later that night, Ochako and I sit on the roof. “Hey, Izu, have you thought about what you're going to say when you see some of our old classmates?”

“Not really, but I'm not going to hold back like the old me would.”

“Yeah, I have to admit you have changed since I last saw you. In a good way. Like the old you was too forgiving, now you know when not to.”

“What can I say? Prison can change people.”

“Yeah.”

“By the way, how would you feel about being the person in charge of the rescue branch?”

“I would love that.”

“Good, because I need someone I can trust with my life in charge of it.”

After that, we go back to watching the stars and making small talk, then went to bed.

The next morning, after mine and Eri's morning run, we both get dressed in casual formal clothes and get ready to go to the Iida residence. Once we arrive, we're led in by Iida senior.

“Izuku, it's so good to see you again.”

“You too, Tensei. Now let's talk.” We sit down on the couch. “I hear you and your brother had a public falling out last year.”

“Yeah, that's correct.”

“If I remember correctly, it was because you felt like he was being too rough on villains.”

“Yes, because he was. The injuries he would give them were life-altering. Some of the criminals weren't even that bad.”

“And you felt like he was disrespecting the Ingenium name. So he said you could have it back and changed his name.”

“Yes, that's correct.”

“How would you feel about being a hero again and bringing respect back to the Ingenium name?”

“I would love that, but how?”

“Eri here can rewind any living thing, meaning she can bring you back the use of your legs.”

“Really?”

“Yes, we'll rewind you regardless, but I have a plan and I need your help.” I explain my plan to him.

“I'm in.”

“Good, Eri, go ahead and rewind his legs.”

“Okay, Dad.” She walks up to him, touches his legs, and starts rewinding him. “Okay, done, can you try to stand up?” Tensei nods and starts standing.

“I did it!”

“Good, now can you walk around for us so we can see if I rewound you far enough?”

“Okay.” He starts walking like he never lost the use of his legs. He runs to both of us and scoops us up into a hug. “Thank you so much.”

“It's no problem, really. I'm going to put you in contact with Melissa Shields, who will design your new hero suit before your new introduction during the press conference in two days.”

“Sounds good.” After a bit of small talk, Eri and I leave for our next meeting. We drive to a park and waita few minutes before we see the Wild Wild Pussycats show up with Koda. We quickly get out of our truck and walk over to them. We catch up a little, and I explain my plan. They quickly agree, and I have Eri rewind Ragdoll’s quirk factor.

Eri and Kota get along okay but not the best. I can tell some of his antics annoy her. She definitely likes Katsuma more. That reminds me; I need to give them a call and offer their dad a job since their dad is a pretty good quirk analyst. I remember when I went to Nabu Island to help clean up a hurricane since they didn't have any heroes. Eri first met Mahoro, and their friendship grew from there. I'll admit we haven't been able to get together as much as I would like, but yeah. I'll have David pick them up on his way since Mahoro is going to a hero school next year. So it'll be easier for them anyway.

The next two days go by pretty quickly. We have to start getting things ready for the press conference. I did get to see Miss Joke again, and she was doing great actually. She teased me and Uraraka. Then David and Melissa show up and decide to start working on their new lab after they gave the heroes I hired their new suits. With their nanotech, it isn't that hard, just had to get their size and stuff. While the Shimanos get settled. I'm now currently sitting on top of Might Tower the night before the press conference.

“Hey, Izu,” Ochako says sitting down beside me. “So tomorrow everyone will find out you're back.”

I hand her a beer. “Yeah, tomorrow is the day.”

“You ready for it?”

“As ready as anyone can be considering all my friends betrayed me.”

“Yeah, I guess no one can really be ready for this.”

I pull her closer to me. “At least I have the people most important to me.”

“Yeah.” She leans into me. “By the way, Toshi told me to tell you that Gran is coming tomorrow.”

“Welp, I'm leaving again.”

“Oh no, you're not. He's an old man, he's not that bad.”

“Oh really? You haven't been through that old man's training.” I shiver a little, and she starts laughing at me, and I can't help but join in.

“So Eri and Katsuma definitely like each other, right?”

“Oh, definitely, it's so fun to tease them about it. It kinda reminds me of us when we were starting out.”

“So we're going to have to wait nearly six years for one of them to confess.”

“They've known each other for two years now, so four more to go.” We both start laughing.

“You know what this means.”

“We can get revenge on her for teasing us.”

“Yep.”

After that, we keep making small talk until we decide to get some sleep. We fly back to our house.

“Izuku, it's time; are you ready?”

“Yeah, Toshi, I'm ready.” We walk up on the stage where some already are.

“I'd like to thank you all for coming. Today is a day I wish came long ago but that'll be discussed in a bit. But today I'd like to introduce you all to my successor, Yagi Izuku.”

I walk up to the podium. “Thank you all for coming; like All Might said, this should have happened a long time ago. But over five years ago, I was framed as the traitor of UA and locked in Tartarus. For two months until I was proven innocent. Only a select few believed I was innocent, and that's everyone on this stage plus a few more. So I left and was in hiding, but I can't hide anymore. The world is changing. And the heroes we have now are nothing compared to the ones we all grew up with. So my goal is to bring back the great heroes. We will be united. Let me introduce you to some.” 

I motion for the Pussycats to come up. “As all you know, Ragdoll lost her quirk five years ago, but she has regained it. I'm not going to reveal how to protect the person. But know it isn't a villain.” I give Ragdoll a moment to speak before I go back up. 

“And to lead in the rescue department, we have Uravity. I know she is young, but I wouldn't have anyone else to lead it. And we now have a support department led by Melissa and David Shields to give our heroes the best tech we can. We now also have an analyst department led by Luke Shimano. I always believed that having an analyst would be a great help to heroes so I even studied it my whole life. We also have a new underground department led by Mind Freak. Finally, for introductions, we have a great hero. Sadly, he was injured five years ago, but thanks to the same person as Ragdoll, he can become a hero again. Reintroducing Iida Tensei Ingenium.” 

He runs up on stage, and I let him say a few words. “Now, this isn't everyone, a full list of heroes will be released on the Might website. Now my hero name is Naoki because I'll bring hope with honesty and integrity. And to borrow from All Might, I want the world to know. WE ARE HERE.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 26.1K 53
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
2.7M 67.3K 123
Imagines and Oneshots from the Harry Potter Universe โœงโ‚Šโบ Draco Malfoy, Mattheo Riddle, Theodore Nott, Lorenzo Berkshire, Pansy Parkinson, Tom Riddle...
155K 11.2K 61
BOOK #2 They say love heals scars, but Seokmin's scars were lessons-bitter reminders that twisted him into a creature of darkness. His life was a ser...
169K 7.8K 104
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...