One Year Too Early

Por Nishi0721

One year before the original story of Classroom of the Elite takes place. Has our beloved mc changed from th... Más

The Tainted Papers (Prologue)
Spoiled Beginning

Baby Steps

660 38 30
Por Nishi0721

Ayanokoji POV-

Sitting on the bus, I was headed to Advance Nurturing High School, or ANHS for short.

There wasn't really anything to do on the bus.

Other students were on their phone or reading a book. But I had brought neither of those things.

Not having anything to do, I looked out the window, going into deep thought.

What's to be expected at ANHS?

It's a school made to develop Japan's future generation. Produce diamonds out of the coal they were given. Although the metaphor isn't true, it works to get my point across.

But getting back on topic, how are the students going to behave? How are the teachers going to behave? How's the school structured? How's the school system structured?

One of those questions could somewhat already be answered.

From the way the students on the bus are behaving, they're not anything extraordinary. We're all just average high schoolers. But maybe some of them could possess some impressive ability, but just don't look as if they do.

I'm excited to see them in action.

Oh, cherry blossoms.

.

.

.

'They're not as beautiful as I imagined them to be, or maybe I was just expecting too much.'

I thought to myself as the bus passed by a row of these cherry blossoms.

After a minute, we arrived at the gates of the school.

'The trip went by pretty fast. Perhaps this is how all car rides are.'

I got up from my seat and stood there, waiting for the other students to get off first.

As I got out of the bus, I got a breath of fresh air. It felt nice.

No longer feeling suffocated from the consistent amount of people I had to share oxygen with, or walls that didn't allow for fresh air to get in.

As I walked towards the staircase leading to the school's gate, I heard the bus behind me closing its doors.

I turned around and decided to wave to the bus driver, a way of saying "thanks for the ride."

But he hadn't noticed my wave as he was staring in front of him, getting ready to take off.

As the bus slowly moved ahead, I saw a girl, brown hair and purple eyes. She had a smile on her face as she waved to me as the bus drove away.

Probably having seen my failed attempt, she probably felt sympathetic and waved back as a way to lift my spirits. Which successfully worked.

Now, onto bigger matters, getting to class.

"Class-D" was the class I had gotten assigned to.

I wonder what the other classes are named.

Class-E? Class-C?

There might be a sort of connection in the names, a pattern of sorts.

Just kidding, although it would be pretty fun if there was some sort of hidden meaning hiding behind the last letters.

As I walked towards my class, I looked around the area.

Some students were walking in front of me, others were sitting down on some benches.

'Did they all know each other beforehand?'

It seemed strange to me that if these students had just met each other, how'd they already get close enough to walk with each other and even sit down together?

Sigh

It might just seem impossible to me since I'm a loner, not by choice, but because of lack of social abilities.

'Damn my teachers! Couldn't they have taught me some communication skills? Instead of some equations or chemical reactions. I need to be able to communicate to live happily!!!'

Having come to the conclusion that it's all my teachers fault, I felt a little less inferior.

But still, walking alone like this feels lonely.

'Wonder if they have... no, I doubt they'd sell that type of stuff in the school's perimeter. Damn this high class school!!'

"Look at that guy."

I looked to my right from where the feminine voice came from.

"..."

"Are you not going to say anything?"

Asked a girl... who's at my same height.

'Damn you goddess of height!!!'

"Which one are you talking about?"

I asked as I looked at my surroundings, seeing a multiple of guys, some accompanied by a girl, some with a male friend , one that's surrounded by girls and some guys, and... ah, fellow loners. How happy it is to see more people who are by themself.

"Are you talking about the one that's in the big group?"

I looked at the girl. Not looking down at her... but looking straight at her.

"Yeah... are you okay?"

She stepped away, probably weirded out by me just looking at her.

"Yeah, just... kinda sad about something..."

"If you're sad about not being as popular as that dude then improve your social skills. You have the looks, but your lack of conversational skills brings your value down."

"Sigh I know I have to improve my social skills, but I'm not sad about that."

"Then what is it?"

She tilted her head slightly to the right.

Now that I look at her, she's kinda cute, but I guess that's because of multiple things, not just because of her natural looks.

Her hair looks well maintained, her skin was clearly well taken care of, she had a flower hairpin, her body was well proportioned, and her uniform fit her perfectly, except her jacket, which fit her a little big, but that just adds to the charm.

"I'd rather not say. It's too embarrassing."

"Okay. I'll let it be."

"Thank you."

Hold on, did we ever introduce ourselves?

"Well, I'm going to go over with the big group. Cya."

"I see. Bye."

And just like that, a potential friend had slipped away.

'Would have been nice to have her as a friend, she was pretty cute. Maybe we could've even dated in the future. Would have been nice.'

I continued my lonely path to Class-D.

As I walked I took glances to my surroundings.

The school's area was well maintained.

The grass was cut, as well as the bushes, the trees were also cut to look nice, there was no trash anywhere, the benches were clean, and the windows on the buildings were all clean.

While everything could be summed up to the janitors(hopefully they get paid a huge amount), there being no trash in the area is still kinda suspicious to me.

'While high school students not littering isn't impossible, it's still extremely rare for something like this to happen. Do the kids here care about the planet that much? Or is something going on?'

This was all too suspicious, but I decided to let this mystery rest. It's not my job to figure out what's going on at this school.

Changing focus, I was finally at the school building.

How'd I know?

There was a sign in front pointing towards it.

The sign read, "First years go to the lobby to view the location of your class, second and third years go to the auditorium to assist with the preparations for the entrance ceremony. Thank you."

Reading the sign, I made my way to the lobby.

After a little bit of walking, I've arrived.

Looking around, I saw students all huddled up trying to look at something.

This was probably where they want us to check for our class location.

Trying to take a look at where Class-D is, I made my way towards the group.

Arriving I saw a map.

But had to tippy toe to be able to even take a peek at it.

Due to this, I couldn't see all of the map, and part of it was where the classes were.

Having given up on waiting for the group to disappear enough to disappear, I decided to test my luck and go looking for my class by myself.

'...'

After a bit of walking, I found a paper copy of the map of the school. It was on a foldable table near the staircase

'Why would they put this here instead of the lobby?'

Weird, but maybe someone had forgotten to move it to the lobby.

Looking at the map, I had my earlier question answered, the classes are from Class-A to Class-D.

I also noticed that Class-D was the farthest from the lobby.

'Maybe there is some sort of hierarchy going on. Because, why are we in Class-D located the farthest!?'

Having accepted my faith, I began my long walk to the classroom.

There was nothing interesting going on in the hallways. Only thing that could be heard was the impact of rubber hitting the marble tiles on the ground.

'What a familiar sound this is. The surroundings are quite nostalgic as well, just remove the windows and paint the walls white, and I'd be back in middle school.'

Getting gloomy over remembering such a sad part of my life, I let out a sigh and got back on track.

'I have to do everything in my power to not be like I was back then. I don't want to be a loner again!'

I was now in the hallway that had the classrooms.

'Class-A... Class-B... Class-C... There, Class-D.'

I had finally made it to my classroom.

'Took way too long. Whoever designed this school has to be evil, because why are the classrooms all the way over here!.'

Having decided that whoever designed the school was a devil, I slid the door to the classroom open.

No one was inside, probably because they were still making their way over here, chatting to the people they've met.

The desks were arranged in an 8x5 manner. Five rows, eight desks each.

I leisurely made my way to a desk.

'Hm? There's something written here with dry erase markers .'

Reading it, it said "Kenzo Enomoto".

'Interesting name.'

As I thought that, I started looking for the desk that had my name.

'First row?... No. Second?... No. Third?.. Ah, here it is.'

Haven found my desk 8 desk to the left, near the window pointing to the outside, was my desk.

'Not all that bad of a place to sit. Near the front, but not in the first row... still would have preferred to be in the last row.'

I was about to sit down until I noticed something in the desk that's in front of the whole class, which most likely belongs to the teacher.

The desk was mostly empty on the surface, except for one thing, a dry erase marker, which was conveniently the same color as the one used to write the names on the desk.

'Should I? Hm, I might get in trouble.'

I was considering doing it.

'Why not? It'll be a fun little experiment. After all, they might just be there as decoration.'

I made my way to the teacher's desk and grabbed the marker.

As I made my way to the back of the class I erased my name from the desk that originally had it. I stopped there for a few seconds, contemplating which desk I should steal.

'Which one would be more beneficial for me?'

Truthfully any desk in the back would be to my liking, but there was one that I liked the more. The one next to the outside window.

I made sure to read the name that was written on it, and erased it.

I wrote my name on it, making it my desk.

I headed back to my old desk and wrote the name of the person who I just stole the desk from.

"Rin Isa"

'Done.'

I wiped away the sweat on my forehead.

'Huh, how come no one has arrived yet?'

Even if they were talking to friends, it's still unusual that they take this much time to get here.

'Maybe the crowd in the lobby has gotten bigger. Probably.'

Having come up with my own theory, I headed to my new desk to take a seat and look at the outside.

Author's Notes:

Thanks to @MrCluckYou @ImMentallyStupid @jimboisyourdadand @Vtuber_Simp for reading this beforehand and giving me feedback.

Hope everyone enjoyed this first chapter of my new fic. 

Tomorrow, or I guess later today, it's going to have a new update, not the second chapter but the prologue. This is due to me wanting to check it one last time before posting it.

Bai bai 

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.1M 29.9K 37
After the passing of Abigail Bentley's mother, she is now the only one responsible for her family's well-being. Her father, often too drunk to stand...
557K 8.5K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
142K 5K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
628K 31.8K 60
A Story of a cute naughty prince who called himself Mr Taetae got Married to a Handsome yet Cold King Jeon Jungkook. The Union of Two totally differe...