The Gillado

By Nutcracker88

A young agent gets the task to find the missing sister of a world wide famous soccer player. While they're tr... More

Epilogue
Friendship
Morgan
Finding Clover
Saving Clover
Malachai's saving
The argument
The outbreak
The outbreak II
The escape
Morgan's escape
Arden's escape
Reunited

Langton

1 0 0
By Nutcracker88

"Anubis will bring her back Alfred, he told me so." Lucas mumbles it a bit to himself after Alfred came back from her death. He looks at the floor and is holding a necklace with a golden head of a jackal emblem hanging from it tightly in his hand. "What is he gonna do Lucas? Bite her back alive? Please just cut your bullshit. She's dead and it's all my fault." Arden goes back to his office and takes the picture of him, Zahava and his 2 children. He smiles at the picture with a very sad smile and takes the picture out of the frame and puts it in his pocket. He wraps his hands around the back of his neck and sighs loudly. He keeps looking at the documents of the Calen team and decides to put them in the drawer next to him. He closes the drawer hard and starts to cry again. "It's all my fault! Maybe it's because I wasn't good enough of a partner. Suddenly a note slides through the door. Arden stops and goes to the note. He opens it and reads the text on it.

"Anubis will find her. Anubis will guide her. Anubis will make. Her. Mine."

After he reads it Arden gets seriously mad. He gets out of his office and searches for Lucas. "LANGTON!! WHERE IS LANGTON!!" Suddenly another worker stops him. "He left today. He wanted to spend time with his daughter." Arden sighs frustratedly and gets really annoyed now. "God dammit that fucker." He gets very frustrated and decides to leave the lab as well. He goes home and thanks the nanny for taking care of his kids with some money. 2 year old Malachai walks up to him and hugs his legs. "Me missed you." Malachai says tiredly. She's rubbing her eyes and looks at Arden. "Where's mama?" She asks with a shrug. Arden sighs and looks back at her. "Well... mama will be gone from now on, but papa will take great care of you." Malachai looks a bit sad to hear that and starts crying. Arden sighs and lifts her up now. He wipes her tears away and gives her a comforting hug. "It'll be alright munchkin, I promise." He gently puts Malachai on the couch and grabs the Torah and his Kippah. "You can watch some tv, I need to prepare Pesach now."

A phone rings. It's Luke's and he takes his phone. "Oh... my bad, it's my dad." He says as he takes the phone with an awkward chuckle. Arden sighs and then looks at Luke taking the phone.

"Taishi Osamu Koboyashi!!"

The man on the phone yells practically. Luke holds the phone a bit away from him and looks a bit irritated as he raises his eyebrows annoyed. He sighs as his dad keeps talking in Japanese about where he is and if he's okay. Luke nods and says that he's okay in Japanese as well. He ends the call and everyone in the room looks confused at him.

"What? It is clearly obvious that I'm Japanese, or Asian to begin with... right?" Luke says with another awkward chuckle as he looks awkward at everyone. When he realises he has lots of explaining to do now, he sighs, puts his phone away and puts his hands on his hips. He pinches the bridge of his nose frustratedly and grabs a cigarette. "Alright alright, I'm an immigrant. An immigrant from Japan. I went to Italy when I was 10 because of... some reasons, and chose a name just to not get bullied." In the meantime Luke grabs his lighter and fidgets a bit with it in his hand. "We started to live in Vernazza and I took over the Italian language quickly. I chose the name 'Luca', because I saw it in a magazine in the Town hall of the town. My dad decided to make my last name 'Morgante', just for us to not get discriminated against for our last name." Luke now puts the cigarette in his mouth and walks to the backyard of the house. Malachai looks confused at Jake. "Did you know that?" She asks him while she puts a hand on her hip. Shaina then looks at Malachai and puts both her hands on her hips. "I don't know, I thought he'd told you while you guys were dancing with the devil." Jake has to think about what Shaina said and holds his chin in his fingers and thinks. He then gasps and goes into a face of disgust. He walks to the backyard now as Malachai sighs irritatedly now and follows Jake.

"You fucked my sister?!" Jake asks Luke in a slightly pissed off tone. Malachai seems to run into the situation and Jake turns towards her. "And you agreed on this?" Jake asks with a raised eyebrow, pointing slightly at Luke with a confused look on his face. Malachai sighs frustratedly now and gets annoyed again. "Oh my god Jake!" Arden seems to notice what is happening outside and decides to help a bit in the situation. "Jake, can you help me with the Challah? We both know Malachai can't cook or bake." He says as he grabs the ingredients. Jake glances a bit annoyed at the both of them and then walks inside the house again. Luke puts down his cigarette and looks at Malachai now. "How in god's name are we gonna tell him about the rest now?" Malachai sighs as she slightly shakes her head and shrugs. "I don't know Luke." She walks inside again and grabs her bag. She takes out some files about Lucas Langton and decides to do some research about him.

She goes to the computer in her old room and decides to type in his name. She does some quick research and finds out he is now a famous politician in Egypt. Malachai seems suspicious about the situation and seems to be really dragged in the newspapers. She grabs an old notebook and opens it. When she opens it she sees her old notes about some old crushes and looks disgusted at them. "Ew, gross!" She says as she quickly flips the pages and starts to take notes in the notebook. She writes about how he emigrated to Egypt a few years back. No one seems to know why he emigrated, but people there do know about how Langton wants to make Egypt the big empire like they were in the time of ancient Egypt again. He seems to have convinced a lot of people so far and Malachai is drowned in the newspapers and her notes that she doesn't notice anything around her.

"Mal?"

Malachai gets back into reality now and jumps a bit back after hearing someone calling out for her by the door. She looks at the door now and sees Jake standing there. "Jake goddammit." Malachai says as she is catching her breath again. She stands up and looks up at Jake. Jake looks down at her and fidgets a bit with his fingers. "Look, I want to apologise for before, in the end I shouldn't judge you for fucking with my best friend." "Oh my god Jake stop it." Malachai says annoyed. Jake starts to laugh about it and pats Malachai on the shoulder. "Alright alright, Luke's a good guy. He has helped me through a lot in my career so far. Of course he has his moments, but that's just his ego. About that, it seems to be a lot less than before." Jake now looks a bit suspiciously at Malachai. "What did you do Mal..." he asks with a suspicious smile. "Nothing...I think." Malachai says jokingly as she is genuinely thinking now. "Okay maybe I went a bit harsh on him in the beginning, but he was a really big douche." Jake laughs again as he hears it and puts his hands on his hips. "Yes he is, but he's nice, I can tell you that. He's now making some food for May and June, since they got hungry and I gotta tell you, the man can cook. At least you don't have to cook." Malachai says sarcastically annoyed and pushes him lightly. "Whatever Jake." She says as she's going downstairs now.

When they arrive downstairs, Arden is packing some stuff with May, June and shaina. Luke is walking in at the same time and looks confused now. "Malachai we need to leave." Arden says as he's packing quickly. "Why?" Malachai asks in a confused yet also surprised tone. Arden doesn't respond and keeps packing stuff. "We're going to Rome. Shaina says her dad was seen there recently." He grabs their bags quickly and plans an emergency trip. Shaina keeps feeling nauseous as she's packing her stuff. Jake seems to notice this and grabs the trash can that's next to the kitchen island. He brings it close to Shaina's mouth and tucks her hair behind her ear so that he can hold her hair for her. He leads her to the backyard as she starts to throw up now. Malachai is very worried about Shaina. She knows that Shaina is pregnant, but still seems worried about her.

"She has a lot on her mind lately." Arden says as he stands behind Malachai now. She nods as she looks at her dad. "Her dad means a lot to her, I understand all of this is hitting her hard." Malachai sighs as she looks at the tv now, where she sees May, June and Luke playing on the Wii now. She smiles a bit as she sees Luke getting along with her little sisters now. Arden looks as well as he smiles a bit as well. Jake is about to throw the trash away, until he notices Shaina crying about the stress she's going through. "Mal, can you throw the trash away?" Jake asks Malachai as he tries to comfort Shaina in the meantime. Malachai nods and grabs the trash while Jake is about to hug Shaina comfortingly now. Malachai throws the trash away and notices a creature walking towards her. The same skinless, crooked creature that is spreading over the country is now walking towards Malachai.

"Flesh....meat.....blood"

Malachai grabs her gun and shoots it right through the head, causing it to fall over. She runs inside and grabs the bags. "We have to leave, now." Malachai says as she seems very stressed and frustrated now. Arden nods and tells everyone to get in the cars. Arden drives in one car where he is in with May, June, Jake, and Shaina. Malachai is driving the other car where she is in with Luke, Clover and Hailey.

"So... how's everyone?" Hailey asks while smiling a bit awkwardly. Clover nods a bit as she says that she's alright. Suddenly something crawls out of Hailey's pocket. It's a naked rat and Clover starts to scream. This causes Malachai to jump a bit and lose control for a second. Luke quickly reacts and helps Malachai get back on track again while he places a hand on her upper back for support. Malachai sighs annoyed, but gives Luke a thank you nod. Suddenly the rat crawls on Luke and he yells as well. "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!" He yells from his seat. Hailey grabs him back and looks a bit mad. "That's May's rat. His name is Chewie and he's a very nice rat." Luke just looks at her with a disgusted and weird look on his face. After a while they arrive at the police department and they take a big helicopter to Rome. Shaina is holding a notebook and looks like she's about to tear it apart. Malachai seems to notice this and raises an eyebrow at her.

"Are you okay? What's with the book? Can I read it?" Shaina shakes her head and looks scared at Malachai. She seems to also feel guilty about her dad and even betrayed. Shaina seems to have lost all her trust for her dad and Arden seems to have a hatred for the book as well. "Hello?" Malachai asks again. "No." Arden says this in a very stern tone, almost as if he's mad at her. Malachai jumps a bit back again and she decides to just look outside. She feels a book getting pushed to her foot. It seems like Shaina dropped the book, since she feels nauseous again. Arden is too distracted to find the book and decides to help Shaina with Jake who's sitting right beside her. Malachai quickly takes the notebook and hides it in her bag. After this the helicopters land on the airport of Rome and everyone walks to their hotel room. May and June share a room, as well as Shaina and Jake. Clover, Arden and Hailey have their own room. Luke and Malachai decide to share a room as well.

"I'll go downstairs, I need to call my parents with Clover. Please stay safe." Luke says with a warm smile as he gets out of the room. "I will!" Malachai nods as she grabs the notebook now that Luke left. She grabs the notebook and sees that it's Langton's diary. She is very happy as she sees that, but her smile slowly fades away as she reads the first page.

"Her beautiful brown skin, her Jaded green eyes, her black hair and her smile makes me want to kiss her beautiful red lips now. She looks so lovely under the golden sun, shining like a fallen angel.

She'll be mine one day, November 8th 2003, L.L."

She suddenly remembers that day. She remembers that Lucas was there as well. They were preparing Arden's birthday and she also remembers how much attention Lucas was giving her. Almost more than Shaina. She feels disgusted now that she knows the page is about her. She flips the page as she sees a picture of her when she was 15 year old with the text

"She's as fertile as the Nile."

Suddenly the door opens and Malachai quickly hides the notebook under the bed. "Malachai? Are you okay?" It's Arden. He looks at Malachai's shocked and scared face now. He sighs as he reaches his hand for the diary. "Give me the diary. We told you not to read it." Arden says, slightly irritated. Malachai nods and gives him the diary. Arden sighs again and looks at the diary. "I'm sorry, if I knew earlier, he would've been dead already. Shaina is devastated from all of this. Her dad betrayed her and I think she's going through the most right now. She's been crying all day." Malachai stands up and still doesn't say anything. She just shrugs and looks a bit sad now. Arden looks at the diary and gets a bit mad at the book. He keeps himself calm and just shakes it off. "I'll go check on Shaina, you can always go to me if you want to talk, I love you, Malachai." Arden says while he's opening the door. "I love you too dad." Malachai says this back as she's going to lay on the bed now. She thinks about the stuff that could've happened. The mindset of Langton and how her 15 year old self could've been involved in that mindset. After a while the door opens again, This time with Luke entering in, "Your dad told me about it. I'm sorry." He says as he sits on the bed and tries to comfort Malachai by caressing her back, shoulder and arm. Malachai remains quiet as Luke now looks worried at her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Radiating By MK-Rocks

Science Fiction

364 57 48
In the year 2045... Highschool popular girl Rachel living her life in fear because she's different, different from everyone shes meet in her entire l...
286 22 20
A young girl meets her twin sister for the first time in a long while. The only catch? Her sister died when they were seven. Not to mention that the...
353 20 11
Maxwell and Ellie are as close as two teen sisters can be, or at least that's what Ellie thought. Ellie finds out things that Max has never told he...
219 62 66
A girl named Carolina is about to start high school with her best friend. However she soon discovers that her life may not be what she thought, or i...