Do For Love II - All Pro

By kenyajustme

Part II of the Do For Love fan-fiction TV script series follows Spencer, Olivia, Jordan, Simone, Layla, Clay... More

EP 101: I Fumbled Your Heart - Act I
EP 101: I Fumbled Your Heart - Act II
EP 101: I Fumbled Your Heart - Act III
EP 101: I Fumbled Your Heart - Act IV
EP 102: Is Love Enough? - Act I
EP 102: Is Love Enough? - Act II
EP 102: Is Love Enough? - Act III
Update/Teaser: New One Shot
Update and New One Shot: Can We Be Tight?
Can We Be Tight? One Shot: New acts added
EP 103: Pretty Wings/ Fist Full of Tears - Act I
EP 103: Pretty Wings/ Fist Full of Tears - Act II
EP 103: Pretty Wings/ Fist Full of Tears - Act III
EP 103: Pretty Wings/ Fist Full of Tears - Act IV

EP 102: Is Love Enough? - Act IV

745 21 83
By kenyajustme

Writer's Note:

Here is the fourth and final act of the episode "Is Love Enough." Whew... Another very long act. I've gotta start making these episodes/acts shorter. LOL Not much music this act but the title track "Is Love Enough" and "Un-Love You" fit perfectly. Get into this music, chile. 🥰

As always, thanks for reading and your ongoing support. 🥰🙏🏽

*****************************************************************************************

ACT FOUR

MUSIC CUE: "Un-Love You" - Sammie 

INT. OLIVIA'S DOWNTOWN APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - MAGIC HOUR

Spencer paces back and forth in front of Olivia on the sofa.

SPENCER

... You're just gonna sit here and deny it? What happened to being honest and owning yo shit?

OLIVIA

(furrows eyebrows)

Daniel and I have never been anything other than friends. He was at our wedd--

(shakes head)

Where's this coming from?

Olivia grabs a water out the fridge and takes a sip.

SPENCER

Sure didn't look that way to me when I saw you strolling down memory lane with that punk... Oh, such a happy, happy pair.

Olivia rolls her eyes as she grows irritated with Spencer.

OLIVIA

Spencer, you're not making any sense. Saw us where? When? It's three am. I wish you'd stop talking in riddles and get to the point.

SPENCER

The point is Olivia. I came to New York and I saw you with him... Few months after I saw you in LA. Thought I'd surprise you. But I was the one who got surprised.

OLIVIA

That was you that day... I thought my mind was playing tricks on me... Look, you've got it all wrong.

SPENCER

Well, set me straight then.

OLIVIA

(heavy sigh)

We had lunch that day... That's it. He'd just moved to Harlem for his girlfriend... Who's now his wife.

Spencer plops down on the sofa burying his head in his hands.

SPENCER

(looks up at Olivia)

So, I guess you just decided you didn't want me after all, huh? Is that it?

Liv shakes her head and runs her fingers through her curls.

OLIVIA

No, that's not what happened... But it doesn't matter. It's in the past.

Spencer jumps up and reduces the space between them.

SPENCER

It matters to me, Olivia! Two years. Two years I waited. Like a fool. Why didn't you come back?

Exasperated, Olivia throws up her hands.

OLIVIA

I did. I did come back. Okay! But you'd already moved on, Spencer!

(scoffs)

You want to talk about surprises. Well, I got a big one. There you were with her. Kissing her. You say you waited but it looked like you were doing just fine without me.

SPENCER

(realization slowly hits)

Tisha... Listen, what Tisha and I got going on it's complicated. It ain't even that--

OLIVIA

That deep? How was I supposed to know that, huh? You were with her in our home... Our bed. I--

SPENCER

Olivia, it stopped being our home when you left your ring on the fucking dresser and ran out on me. 

Olivia flinches and hugs herself. Spencer feels slightly guilty... Slightly.

SPENCER

Look, I didn't say that to be cruel, aight. Hell, I know it probably hurt to see me with her but I won't apologize for leaning on someone or doing whatever I could to try and numb the pain. Nah.

(pats chest)

Not when you ripped my damn heart out. Left me bloody. Nah, this is on you. You did this.

As tears fall from Olivia's face, Spencer turns away.

OLIVIA

I'm not expecting you to apologize. I know this is all on me... I broke us. I don't deny that. I know a simple I'm sorry won't fix it.

(wipes away tears)

And I know wanting your forgiveness is asking a lot. Maybe too much. So, I'm following your lead... How and if we move forward is up to you.

An awkward silence consumes the space.

SPENCER

I want to move past it. I really do. I just... I don't know. I guess it's just gonna take time.

Olivia simply nods. Spencer pulls out a photo from his pocket. He hesitates. But he has to know.

SPENCER

I found this in one of the boxes.

The tears resurface as Olivia's gaze drifts from the faded sonogram photo in Spencer's hand to his saddened eyes.

SPENCER

(voice cracks)

At first I thought it was the same one from your second checkup. But then I saw the date.

Olivia gets a faraway look in her eye as she remembers.

OLIVIA

Found out about two months after our wedding day. But a few weeks later... There was no baby.

Blinking back tears, Spencer looks at Olivia knowingly.

SPENCER

And that's what led to the relapse.

OLIVIA

(nods)

I just wasn't strong enough. My body. I-I failed you... Again. 

Overwhelmed, Olivia starts to sob and Spencer pulls her into a tight embrace. He rubs her back and soothes her cries.

INT. OLIVIA'S DOWNTOWN APARTMENT - LIVING ROOM - MORNING

Several hours later. The sun rises. All talked out, Spencer and Olivia stand at the front door.

OLIVIA

You sure, you don't want some breakfast or something? Cereal?

SPENCER

Nah, I'm good... Surprised ya still wear this old thing.

Spencer tugs at the hem of her/his Crenshaw football jersey. Embarrassed, Olivia blushes and shyly looks away.

OLIVIA

Old habits die hard, right?

Spencer bite his lips as his thoughts drift elsewhere. The energy in the room shifts as they lock eyes. Recognizing the hunger in Spencer's eyes Olivia becomes flushed.

And then. He grabs her by the waist and pulls her close to him.

SPENCER

Yeah, kinda like old feelings.

His lips lightly brush her neck up to her ear as his hand slowly glides up the back of her thigh. He cuffs her ass as he whispers.

SPENCER

Olivia... Ever since the party. You've been invading my damn thoughts. Dreams. No matter how hard I try. I can't stop thinking bout you.

He slides his hand between her thighs and soft whimper/moan escapes his lips as the back of his hand grazes her wetness.

SPENCER

Fuck... The way your body still reacts to me... Telling me you still belong to me. Damn, I've missed you... I want you.

He buries his head into her neck and clutches onto her thigh for dear life. Cause the minute he touches. Kisses. Tastes her lips. Both sets... There's no turning back. He's entering the danger zone. Careful you don't get burned, chile.

SPENCER

Why is it so hard to un-love you?

OLIVIA

I want you too... Spencer. I-I still love you.

Spencer breathes her in before he reluctantly pulls away.

SPENCER

We can't... I'm sorry. I gotta go... Cause if I don't go now, I'll never leave.

OLIVIA

Is that really a bad thing?

SPENCER

Yes... We can't go back. I can't go back... It's too painful.

Olivia looks up as tears threaten to fall.

OLIVIA

Well, maybe tonight was the closure we needed. And now that everything is out in the open maybe we can finally move forward... As friends. 

SPENCER

Yeah... Friends. Maybe we can. Eventually. Only time will tell.

Spencer tucks a loose curl behind Olivia's ear and caresses the side of her face.

SPENCER

See you around, Liv...

Spencer opens the door and walks out... Olivia leans against the door as it closes, finally letting the tears fall.

Writer's Note: The scene at the front door was for those of y'all in my DM's begging me to give y'all something. A kiss. Something. No kiss but this better suffice. You're welcome! 🤨 Enjoy it cause you won't be getting ish else for a longgggggg while.

*******************************************************************************************

INT. MEDICAL OFFICE BUILDING - DR'S OFFICE - AFTERNOON

Dr. Spears sits across from a troubled Spencer.

DR. SPEARS

(raised brow)

... We discussed taking things slow with Olivia. It looks like you decided on a different approach.

SPENCER

(heavy sigh)

I know Doc. I messed up. I rushed it. But when it comes to Olivia all rationale goes out the damn window.

DR. SPEARS

How do you feel after learning everything?

SPENCER

Relieved to finally gain some clarity... I get why she did it. And I don't claim to know what it felt like to lose another one of our babies... But part of me is still angry with her.

(a beat)

If she would've just been honest. Believed in me. In us. So much could've been avoided. We'd be on our fifth wedding anniversary.

DR. SPEARS

And what about now? Do you still see a future with Olivia? Is that something you want?

SPENCER

Part of me does. Cause despite everything. I still love her. But I don't trust her. I can't be sure she won't runaway again when shit gets rough. And frankly that's a risk I'm not willing to take. 

I/E. OLIVIA'S CAR - AFTERNOON

In the midst of LA traffic, Olivia talks to Kia on the PHONE. 

OLIVIA

... I don't know, Kia. It's great everything's out in the open but it's like we're back at square one.

KIA (V.O.)

And if you are that's fine. Both of you still need time to heal.

OLIVIA

I know but we'd finally turned a corner. And now I think he's pulling away. I just... miss him.

KIA (V.O.)

Oh, he's definitely pulling away. Spence doesn't know what the hell he wants. Listen I'm glad y'all finally talked but you're giving him way too much access, babe.

(to Munk)

Uh uh. I said no, Munk. No more juice. Drink some water.

TRISTAN "MUNK" (V.O.)

Ah, Ma! I don't want no water!

KIA (V.O.)

Then you're not thirsty... And you better take that bass out your voice and get outta my face.

(to Olivia)

Gurl... What happened to my sweet little baby? He's getting more and like his rock head Daddy... Ugh. Where was I?

OLIVIA

(smirks)

Too much access.

KIA

Right. Showing up on my doorstep at two am... That time of night, ain't nothing open but legs. No, ma'am. Should've politely hit his ass with Big Red's logic.

Olivia lets out a hearty laugh.

OLIVIA

My office hours are from 9 to 5.

KIA

My office hours are from 9 to 5.

Olivia's PHONE BEEPS with a call from JORDAN.

OLIVIA

Hey, Kia. I gotta take this. It's twin and he's been calling all day. Let's grab lunch later this week.

INT. JORDAN AND SIMONE'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - MOMENTS LATER

An uneasy Jordan, runs his hand across his beard as he wears out the hardwood while talking to Olivia on his PHONE.

JORDAN

... It's like I'm caught between a rock and a soft place.

OLIVIA (V.O.)

Hard place, doofus. Hard place.

JORDAN

Whatever. I'm in the middle of a crisis. Can you not "well actually" me right now?

OLIVIA (V.O.)

You're right. I'm sorry. Continue.

JORDAN

I know I promised Simone I'd retire  and I already have a championship ring. But this is different. I was just on the practice squad back then... Now I'm leading the team. I think we really have a shot. 

OLIVIA (V.O.)

You have had a great season so far.

JORDAN

I really want this, Liv.

OLIVIA (V.O.)

So, what are you going to do?

JORDAN

I mean what choice do I have? I'm going to turn down the contract.

(voice cracks)

I can't lose my wife... My kids. I can't let her take them from me. They're my whole world.

OLIVIA (V.O.)

Simone would never do that... She'd never keep your kids from you.

JORDAN

Well, I can't risk it. I won't lose my family. They're all that matters to me.

At the top of the stairs, Simone tries to suppress her tears.

INT. JORDAN AND SIMONE'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - LATER

Seated on the sofa, Jordan buries his head in his hands. He takes a deep breath and CALLS TODD.

JORDAN

Hey, Todd. I'm sorry. I know you've been waiting on an answer. I've decided--

Simone walks in and snatches the phone from Jordan. Jordan looks up at her dumbfounded.

SIMONE

Todd. Simone Baker here... Yeah, yeah, let's skip the pleasantries shall we. Why are you allowing them to low ball my husband, Todd? Do I need to remind you of his stats?

JORDAN

Simone...

Simone throws her hand up and starts to pace the floor.

SIMONE

(into phone)

That's what I thought. Twenty million. Ten guaranteed. Two years.

(listens)

I don't care how unlikely you think it is. What exactly are we paying you for? It surely isn't to think.

Jordan shakes his head and groans. Simone rubs her belly.

SIMONE

Yeah, okay you do that, Todd... You see what you can do.

Simone hangs up and flings the phone on the sofa.

JORDAN

Babe, there's no way I'm getting twenty million.

SIMONE

I know. Just trying to get them to budge a little. That's all.

JORDAN

Are you sure about this? I can--

Simone runs her fingers through Jordan's curls.

SIMONE

I'm sure... We'll make it work. I want this for you.

Jordan smiles as he grabs Simones hips and kisses her belly.

JORDAN

I love you so much, Monee.

SIMONE

I love you.

A beat. Simone pushes Jordan's head back startling him.

SIMONE

But I swear to God, Jordan if you get injured. I'm gonna kill you.

JORDAN

I know, babe. I know.

CHYRON: THREE WEEKS LATER

INT. SLAUSON CAFE - DINING AREA - AFTERNOON

Spencer and Tisha are mid-lunch. Tisha's phone buzzes with a TEXT. She smiles brightly as she reads it.

SPENCER

Damn, buddy got you cheesing like that. Showing all yo damn teeth.

(rolls eyes)

You don't do all that when I call.

TISHA

Stop.

SPENCER

I'm just saying... You kicked me to the curb cause he got your nose wide open from here to La Brea. 

TISHA

Ain't nobody's nose wide open.

SPENCER

Tell that to your face.

TISHA

You're so annoying...

SPENCER

All jokes aside. How you feeling?

TISHA

Nervous. Dare I say excited. He's wanted to commit for the past year. But I've been keeping him at bay. You know me, Spence. I don't do long distance relationships. Now with him possibly moving here I--

SPENCER

(sips drink)

You won't be able to use distance as an excuse. Time to woman up. 

TISHA

I know right. Can you imagine me in a relationship after all this time? Sharing my space with someone.

SPENCER

(chuckles)

I shiver at the thought... You forced to talk about your feelings.

TISHA

Oh, don't remind me, please.

(a beat)

I don't know. I've never had someone put this much effort just to be with me... Wanting to move across the country for me. Feels kinda nice.

Tisha rests her face on her clasped hands and blushes.

SPENCER

(leans forward)

Tish... Your nose is spreading.

Tisha throws her napkin at Spencer.

TISHA

I hate you. So, so much.

(clears throat)

What about you and Miss Whitley Gilbert? How's that going?

Spencer plops back into his chair with a heavy sigh.

SPENCER

I don't know Tish, my feelings are all jumbled up right now.

TISHA

Wait... Wait hold that thought. You know you can be very long winded.

Tisha hops up and rushes to the ladies room.

INT. SLAUSON CAFE - COUNTER / DINING AREA - MOMENTS LATER

Leaning on the bar, Olivia waits for her order. She spots Spencer scrolling on his phone. The cashier hands her the food and she starts to walk over to Spencer's table.

Olivia halts in her step as Tisha comes back to the table and plops down in the seat across from Spencer. She watches for a bit as they engage in light banter.

Not wanting to intrude, Olivia turns to walk away. And then.

TISHA (O.S.)

Olivia!

PAN TO REVEAL Tisha as she waves Olivia over. Spencer chokes on his french fry and glares at her. Woman, what you doing?

Olivia gives an awkward smile, wave as she slowly walks over.

TISHA

Hi, I'm Tisha... Don't think we've officially met.

Tisha extends her hand to Olivia and they shake.

OLIVIA

Nice to meet you, Tisha.

Tisha sizes Olivia up in her gray tweed ensemble.

TISHA

Love everything going on here.

OLIVIA

(blushes)

Thank you... You look gorgeous.

Spencer rolls his eyes. What's up with the love fest? Gonna braid each others hair next? 

Olivia eyes Spencer nervously and looks around. Tisha gestures to her seat.

TISHA

Here take my seat.

OLIVIA

Oh, no I don't want to impose.

TISHA

(winks)

Trust me you're not... I was actually leaving for a meeting. 

Olivia sits down hesitantly.

Spencer eyes Tisha suspiciously. Now why is you lying? Tisha shrugs as she throws her bag over her shoulder.

SPENCER

(smugly)

Give em hell, Tish... At yo meeting.

She puts on her dark shades and smiles as she turns to leave.

TISHA

Don't I always.

(over her shoulder)

Bye Olivia. Bye DeWaynnnne.

Olivia raises a brow and Spencer shakes his head and clears his throat.

SPENCER

Uh... It's uh, an inside joke.

(eyes smolder)

She's right tho... You do look good.

Olivia's eyes roam over Spencer's athletic frame in all cream.

OLIVIA

As do you... Always loved you in cream.

SPENCER

(bites lip)

I remember.

The heat rises as they hold each others gaze. Olivia's the first to look away with a smile.

OLIVIA

So, how are you?

SPENCER

How've you been?

Olivia and Spencer share a slight laugh.

OLIVIA

I've been okay... Tisha seems nice.

SPENCER

(snorts)

About as nice as a pit bull... Listen, I've been meaning to call.

OLIVIA

Spencer, you don't have to say that. It's fine. Really.

Spencer grabs and caresses Olivia's hand.

SPENCER

No, it's not fine. I know it probably feels like I'm giving you mixed signals... I don't mean to. Your friendship is important to me. I'm just not quite there yet. Okay?

Spencer's eyes Olivia lovingly as he strokes her hand with his thumb.

OLIVIA

Okay... Like I said, I'm following your lead.

Spencer gives her hand a squeeze before slowly pulling away.

SPENCER

Gotta roll out... Ant and Lisa leave for their anniversary trip. And I'm keeping the girls.

OLIVIA

Ah yes. Nine years... Wow, how time flies.

(a beat)

A whole week with a ten year old and a toddler. How will you manage, Mr. James?

SPENCER

Pray for me... I should be fine. Layla and Clay are helping. They want the practice.

OLIVIA

Well, if you need an extra set of hands. Let me know.

SPENCER

I might take you up on that.

(looks at watch)

See you at Chunk's game Saturday?

OLIVIA

I wouldn't miss it.

Spencer starts to get up. Then he leans over and softly kisses Olivia on her cheek. Inches from her lips. The kiss lingers. He holds her gaze as he stands. 

SPENCER

Bye, Liv...

Spencer leaves.

Off a flushed Olivia, reminding herself of her office hours.

INT. LISA / ANTHONY'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - EVENING

Spencer looks on while Anthony and Lisa are in a bit of a quarrel with Destiny.

DESTINY

... But Mama, a week without my phone is so unfair.

LISA

You should've thought about that before you started sassing off to your teacher, young lady.

DESTINY

I admit I was a bit rude. How about two days? Two days seems fair.

LISA

This is not a negotiation, Destiny.

DESTINY

Daddy, can you talk to her please?

ANTHONY

Do you want to make it two weeks?

Destiny throws her hands up and flings herself on the sofa.

DESTINY

You guys are ruining my life.

LISA

(rolls eyes)

Oh, poor you... You can't text Chris ten times a day.

SPENCER

(raises brow)

Chris? Who is this Chris?

ANTHONY

(smirks)

Chris as in Christina.

SPENCER

Okay. Good just checking.

LISA

Spence, don't let Desi sucker you. She has her Apple watch so she can make calls in case of an emergency. She is not to get that phone back until Saturday. And not a minute sooner.

Spencer nods. Destiny crosses her arms and glares at Lisa.

DESTINY

(rolls eyes, pouts)

Hmmpp.

LISA

Keep it up little girl and you'll be without that phone indefinitely.

Destiny gets up with a huff.

DESTINY

May I be excused?

ANTHONY

After you give me my hug and kiss.

Overly dramatic, Destiny sighs heavily, begrudgingly giving Anthony and Lisa hugs and kisses.

ANTHONY

Love you, baby girl.

DESTINY

If you loved me you wouldn't be making me suffer.

Spencer and Anthony exchange looks and shake their heads.

LISA

While you're up there. Check on Tianna and take her to the potty. She'll be up from her nap soon.

DESTINY

(throws hands up)

Must I do everything!

Destiny stalks up the stairs.

LISA

(to Spencer)

Good luck with that.

Off Spencer scratching his head, as he realizes his little princess isn't always so sweet.

INT. LISA / ANTHONY'S HOUSE - LIVING ROOM - LATER

With Tianna on his lap, Spencer lounges on the sofa watching a Disney movie. Wrapped in a Princess and the Frog blanket, Destiny walks in with the cutest little pout on her face.

She snuggles in close to Spencer. He eyes her knowingly.

SPENCER

(smirks)

Finally decided to watch a movie with your G Dad, huh?

DESTINY

Ummm. Hmmm... G Daddy, Spence did I tell you how much I love you today?

SPENCER

(ponders)

Hmmm... I don't think you did.

DESTINY

Well, I do. I love you so, so much. You're like my favorite person.

SPENCER

(clutches heart)

Meee.... I'm your favorite?

DESTINY

(bats eyelashes)

Umm. Hmmm. In the whole world. The whole wide world.

SPENCER

(leans over)

Can I tell you a secret?

(off Destiny's nod)

Come closer... A little closer.

Destiny leans in and Spencer loud whispers.

SPENCER

You're not getting that phone back.

Appalled, Destiny glares at Spencer and rolls her eyes plopping back into the sofa.

DESTINY

(folds arms)

Hmmppp.

SPENCER

(snort laughs)

Am I still your favorite?

Destiny hops up and stalks back upstairs.

DESTINY

Ugh... Parentals!

EXT. BEVERLY HILLS - FOOTBALL FIELD / STANDS - AFTERNOON

Game day. Second quarter. Chunk's team the LIONS are up by ten. Lined up on the sidelines, Darnell, Spencer, and Olivia are in rare form.

Kia sits in the stands just behind them with Munk, Kianna, Tianna, Destiny, Layla, and Clay.

DARNELL

... Come on Ref, what kinda BS call was that?!

SPENCER

I'm sayin' he had the first down. Are we even watching the same game!

OLIVIA

(crosses arms)

Clearly, not. He's incompetent.

The REFEREE just rolls his eyes at the trio.

KIA

Darnell, don't embarrass our son. Or me... It's only the 2nd quarter.

Darnell waves Kia off.

A beat. Trina, unfashionably late in scantly attire saunters over with her son Justin and lightly pushes him towards his coach.

LAYLA

Uh.. Who is that?

KIA

Flavor of Love reject.

Trina spots Darnell and waves bating her fake lashes.

TRINA

Heyyy, Darnell.

KIA

Keep it moving, Trina... He won't be partaking of any of your choke cookies today.

Offended, Trina stalks up the bleachers. Darnell turns around with a smirk.

DARNELL

Kia, please don't embarrass me or our son. It's only the 2nd quarter.

EXT. BEVERLY HILLS - FOOTBALL FIELD / STANDS - LATER

Fourth quarter, LIONS are down by six. Everyone cheers as Chunk runs down the field with the ball.

DARNELL

Let's go, Chunk!

SPENCER

Come on, Chunk. That's it. Go! Go!

Chunk's taken down at the twenty, securing the second down. Olivia and Spencer fist bump each other.

In the stands, Destiny is buried in her phone. Happy to have it back... Antsy, Kianna tries to get down from Kia's lap.

KIA

No, Ki Bear. You can't get down right now.

KIANNA

(softly cries)

I want my Daddyyy.

Kia rocks Kianna from side to side.

KIA

I know, mama it's almost over.

As Chunk runs down the field, he's taking down by NUMBER 12 from the TIGERS. Hard! He doesn't get up right away.

OLIVIA

(enraged)

Where's the penalty at, Ref!? He grabbed his face mask!

Mama Bear Kia, quickly hands off Kianna to Destiny and leaps off the bleachers charging towards the field.

KIA

Oh, hell naw! Not my baby. Take that demon seed out the game now. 

Darnell grabs her by the waist pulling her back before she can rush onto the field. Kia's so upset she doesn't even notice when Chunk finally springs up.

DARNELL

Baby, he's alright... Calm--

BYSTANDER (O.S.)

Lady, will you sit yo butt down and shut up? It's a football game.

Spencer and Olivia lock eyes.

SPENCER

(mumbles)

Aww shit.

OLIVIA

(mumbles)

Aww shit.

Seething, Darnell turns around slowly toward the BYSTANDER and squares up.

DARNELL

What you say to my wife?

KIA

Darnell...

BYSTANDER

(eyes light up)

Oh, my bad, Hayes. I'm a huge fan.

DARNELL

Ain't gon' be no autograph signing... Don't you ever... ever. in yo black ass life open yo mouth to address my wife again... You understand me?

The bystander takes a big gulp and nods. Spencer pulls Darnell away.

SPENCER

Come on, D... Walk it off.

EXT. BEVERLY HILLS - FOOTBALL FIELD / STANDS - LATER

Ten seconds left in the game. The Lions QB hands the ball off to Chunk and he takes down the field. With number 12 from the Tigers quick on his heels he fakes left. Then right. He's at the twenty. The fifteen. The ten.

Just when you think number 12 is gaining on him, Chunk throws his hand up, pushes him back and cruises into the end zone.

The Hayes, Taylor, and James clan go wild. And in true Darnell Hayes fashion, Chunk does his victory dance.

Spencer and Darnell dap it up.

Writer's Note: Any football heads out there notice any mistakes let me know. Didn't want to go too much in detail cause it's peewee football and I'm not sure what all they do on the field. LOL

*******************************************************************************************

INT. BEVERLY HILLS - HAYES MANOR - LIVING ROOM - EVENING

Everyone gathers to celebrate Chunk's win. Proud papa, Darnell boasts about his son to anyone who will listen.

DARNELL

Clay, did you see my son score that winning touchdown?

CLAY

(smirks)

Yes, bro. I saw it. I was there.

Seated on the floor, Tianna and Kianna play with their toys. Munk sulks as he watches Destiny and Chunk play video games.

DARNELL

Okay, I'm just making sure you were paying attention to see my--

LAYLA / OLIVIA / SPENCER

(roll eyes)

My namesake score that incredible winning touchdown.

SPENCER

We know, bro. We were all there.

DARNELL

Forget y'all... Imma go call Dillon.

Olivia digs into her second slice of Spencer's chocolate bundt cake. Layla holds up her empty plate to Clay.

LAYLA

Clay, can you get me another piece?

CLAY

But I just sat down.

(off Layla's glare)

Yes, dear. Coming right up, dear.

OLIVIA

(to Spencer)

So, I take it things went smoothly with the girls since I didn't get an SOS signal from you.

SPENCER

I almost called. Desi was giving me major attitude over her phone. Like she's only ten... I thought it would be at least three more years before all this happened.

OLIVIA

Ten?! Have you met Sienna? She came out the womb with Simone's attitude.

SPENCER

(smirks)

Touché'.

Clay comes back with a slice of cake. He tries to hand it to Layla and she shakes her head.

LAYLA

I think I'd rather have some fruit.

Olivia snatches the cake up from Clay. He walks off with a groan.

CLAY

(eye twitches)

How many more months of this shit?

LAYLA

What was that?

CLAY

Babe, you're the prettiest.

LAYLA

Aww that's nice.

Spencer looks on in amusement as Olivia savors each bite. 

SPENCER

You're really enjoying that, huh?

OLIVIA

Yep. I wish you made house calls.

(a beat)

When do Ant and Lisa get back?

SPENCER

Should've been back for the game. I think their flight got delayed.

With the phone to his ear, Darnell walks in. Kia follows.

DARNELL

Yeah, D... He scored the winning touchdown.

KIA

Nell, why are you pestering Dillon?

Spencer leans in closer to Olivia and loud whispers. 

SPENCER

So, what do I get in return for this house call?

Chunk and Kia both clock this. Chunk abandons his controller.

KIA

(clears throat)

Nine to five, Olivia... Nine to five.

Olivia almost chokes on a piece of cake. Chunk squeezes in between Spencer and Olivia balling his fist in Spencer's face.

CHRISTIAN "CHUNK"

Why you all up on my woman?

Spencer leans in, eye to eye with Chunk.

SPENCER

She used to me my woman.

Chunk doesn't back down.

CHRISTIAN "CHUNK"

And I used to be five and now I'm six.

Olivia and Layla stifle their laughter. Spencer shakes his head. Darnell whispers in Chunk's ear. A beat.

CHRISTIAN "CHUNK"

Leave the past in the past, bruh.

(points to himself)

I'm way better looking.

Spencer glares at Darnell. Darnell bursts out laughing.

DARNELL

Wait... Wait. I didn't tell him that last part.

Spencer, Olivia, and Darnell exchange knowing looks.

SPENCER / OLIVIA / DARNELL

Dillon.

OLIVIA

He's right he is better looking.

Olivia bends down and kisses Chunk's cheek. He sticks his tongue out at Spencer. Spencer snatches Olivia's plate.

SPENCER

No more cake for you.

Olivia wraps her arms around Spencer.

OLIVIA

Wait don't take the cake. Lets talk about this.

As Spencer tries to wiggle free from Olivia's grasp Kianna rushes over and lightly pushes down on Liv's lap.

SPENCER

Nah. Nah. Back up, Liv.

KIANNA

No... My Spence. Mine.

KIA

Lawd... Here she go.

Fake appalled, Olivia gasps. Spencer grins broadly as he scoops up Kianna and sticks his tongue out at Olivia.

SPENCER

That's right, Ki Bear. You tell her. Hands off. I'm taken.

Layla smirks as she eats her fruit.

LAYLA

I think Kianna has a thing for millionaires.

Clay's phone rings and he answers. A confused look crosses his face as he gets up. Layla eyes him suspiciously.

CLAY

(into phone)

Wait... What was that?

(to Layla)

Sorry, babe I gotta take this.

Clay walks into the kitchen. Darnell looks around.

DARNELL

Hey, babe... Where's Munk?

With Tianna on her hip Kia, she leans over to Darnell.

KIA

In the play room... He's been kinda quiet since the game. I think he's feeling a little left out.

DARNELL

I'mma go talk to him.

INT. HAYES MANOR - KID'S PLAY ROOM - MOMENTS LATER

Darnell and Munk sit in awkward silence as they race cars on Munk's race track. Darnell clears his throat.

DARNELL

So, Munk... I've been so busy helping Chunk get ready for football that me and you haven't had time to hang out. I'm sorry.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

It's okay, Daddy. I know Chunk's your favorite. You like him more.

DARNELL

(voice cracks)

Like him more? That's what you think?

Munk doesn't look up and continues to play with his cars.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

Yeah... Cause he likes football more than me. He's better at it than me.

DARNELL

Hey, buddy. Look at me.

(off Munk)

That's not true. I love both of you the same. You, Chunk, Ki, and your Mama are all my favorite people.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

But you and Chunk have more fun together. He's just like you.

DARNELL

Me and you have fun together. I love racing cars with you. Playing video games. And you're just like me too. 

TRISTAN "MUNK"

I am?

DARNELL

Yeah, you're handsome just like me.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

True. So true. What else?

DARNELL

You got cool dance moves like me?

Munk pats Darnell's arm and shakes his head.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

Oh no, my brother... I get my dance moves from Mama.

DARNELL

(snort laughs)

Well, you're funny like me.

(Off Munk's nod)

And you're smart just like me.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

(sighs heavily)

You were doing so well... Mama's way smarter.

Darnell laughs as he ruffles Munk's curls.

DARNELL

And just like I told Chunk... You don't have to play football. Or any sport. Football's my thing. It's okay to have your own thing.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

What if I like basketball more?

DARNELL

Of course, I love basketball. Do you know who my favorite player--

TRISTAN "MUNK"

(rolls eyes dramatically)

Yes, Dad. Kobe Bryant is the greatest player that ever was.

DARNELL

Damn right.

Munk shakes his head and holds his hand out. Darnell slaps his hand.

DARNELL

Give me an I owe you... Do you want to play basketball?

(off Munk's shrug)

That's okay you don't have to decide now. You're only six, buddy.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

Okay.

DARNELL

You know what you're better at than anyone in our family?

TRISTAN "MUNK"

What?

DARNELL

Building and creating stuff.

Darnell looks around the room in awe at Munk's lego world he's built.

DARNELL

Look at this man. This is so dope. I wasn't half this cool at yo age. In fact...

Darnell goes to the closet and pulls out a LEGO Harry Potter Hogwarts Express & Hogsmeade train station.

DARNELL

I was hoping after everyone leaves me and you could put this together.

Munk's eyes light up as Darnell hands it to him.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

You got me the Harry Potter train set! But. But you said me and Chunk were too spoiled and had to wait till Christmas for anymore toys.

DARNELL

I made an exception. Just don't tell, Mama.

Munk shakes his head "No" vigorously.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

I can't lie to, Mama... She always finds out. Nope. Can't do it.

DARNELL

Yeah, you can't put nothing past that woman.

KIA (O.S.)

You better believe it.

PAN TO REVEAL Kia at the door with her arms folded. Darnell and Munk both jump.

Munk looks at Darnell in awe.

TRISTAN "MUNK"

She really is a ninja.

DARNELL

I told you.

INT. BEVERLY HILLS - HAYES MANOR - LIVING ROOM - LATER

Munk, Chunk, Tianna, and Kianna are all in the playroom. With phone in hand, Destiny lounges on the couch watching a movie.

The adults are adulting. Kia, Darnell, Olivia, and Spencer are in the midst of an intense Spades game. Seated at the table with them, an irritated Layla looks on.

OLIVIA

... Layla where's Clay.

LAYLA

Somewhere around here on that damn phone. Like he's been for the past two hours. It's supposed to be no work this weekend.

Olivia and Kia lock eyes and grimace. Yikes. Trouble, trouble.

SPENCER

Ya know, Liv. Even after all this time you're still the most beautiful girl in the world.

(pats heart)

This still beats for you.

OLIVIA

Gotta say, Spence that's lovely. And even tho mine beats slower. Much slower. This ole' ticker's still for you too.

Darnell and Kia exchange looks.

DARNELL

I know one thing. If ya'll don't stop talking cross the damn table Imma flip this whole table over.

KIA

That part.

The kitchen door swings open and Clay sticks his head in.

LAYLA

Clay, you told me you were--

CLAY

I need y'all in here right now. Right now.

INT. BEVERLY HILLS - HAYES MANOR - KITCHEN - MOMENTS LATER

Kia, Darnell, Spencer, Olivia, Layla, and Clay gather around.

LAYLA

Clay... What's this about?

Clay grabs Layla's hands as he gathers his thoughts.

CLAY

I um... Just got off the phone with Aimee. Lisa and Ant didn't get on the return flight home.

LAYLA

What do you mean they didn't get on the plane?

CLAY

(tears up)

Uh. On the way to the airport, there was a really bad accident.

Olivia clutches Spencer's hand.

CLAY

And um... They didn't. They didn't make it, baby.  

DARNELL

Dear God...

Olivia buries her head in Spencer's chest. Clay consoles Layla as she sobs.

Shaken, Kia looks from Darnell to Spencer.

KIA

How are we gonna tell, Destiny?

A long beat. As they try to wrap their head around the devastating news.

Suddenly, PHONES start to CHIME with TEXTS and NEWS alerts. Darnell looks down at his phone in horror. "Pop sensation, Lisa Nicole dies tragically in car accident along with her husband..."

DARNELL

How is this shit already out?!

The crew goes into panic mode as the kitchen door slowly opens.

A tearful Destiny, walks in clutching her phone.

DESTINY

G Mama Liv, is it true? Are my Mama and Dad really gone?

Olivia looks at Spencer with desperation in her eyes.

Off Olivia, Spencer, and Destiny, as their world is completely rocked.

END OF EPISODE

Writer's Note: While this was always apart of Destiny's storyline for this series. I really hated writing this final scene. 😔😔 Buckle up, things are gonna get rough. 😬 Thoughts? Comments?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 2.1K 48
โ–๐€๐‹๐‹ ๐€๐Œ๐„๐‘๐ˆ๐‚๐€๐ ๐จ๐จ๐จ. ๐—น๐—ฎ ๐—น๐—ฎ ๐—น๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ โช สฐแต‰สธ แต‡แตƒแต‡สธ, สทแตƒหขแต—แต‰ สธแต’แต˜สณ แต—โฑแตแต‰ สทโฑแต—สฐ แตแต‰ โฑโฟ แถœแตƒหกโฑแถ แต’สณโฟโฑแตƒ โซ ยทหš เผ˜โ˜† โ†ณ เฉˆโ€งโ‚Šหš โ”Šอ™ ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™’๐™ƒ๐™„๐˜พ๐™ƒ... ...
24.5K 731 41
Olivia Baker is a single mother and one of the top sports agents at Kluth Sports Group in Los Angeles. Her daughter is everything to her and has to c...
104K 2.7K 52
Spencer James and Olivia Baker were high-school sweethearts. Two completely inseparable individuals that had goals and dreams they wanted to accompli...
67.1K 1.4K 46
Olivia Baker is a successful business owner. She also helps Football players keep their finance, contracts and life on track. she's everything anyone...